Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

39 minutes ago, MontyMole said:

20220130_111611.thumb.jpg.1f99cbb94fc66829ea5619958aafea09.jpg

Snap! Although I need to get the 01 finished. Finished the Dash-2 first as it was my first ever Mini 4WD 3 decades ago so holds a special place in my heart.

spacer.png

Question: did you ever managed to get the Dash-0 and 4 (no. 2 in the rere collection)? Everywhere seems to be sold out. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

Question: did you ever managed to get the Dash-0 and 4 (no. 2 in the rere collection)? Everywhere seems to be sold out. 

I need to check my LHS. I think I might have assumed they didn't have one of the collection, forgetting that the Dash-1 and 2 came in the same box. I hope they still haven't sold them!

Not much Tamiya for me this month, but I’ve just got around to listing my FF03 & M07 on eBay.

My Sand Scorcher chassis is up for redelivery on Wednesday which I’m looking forward to.

• Like 1

I placed a few boxes in Willy’s XR311 to fill up the space in the interior.  

IMG_2022-1-30-082530.jpg.7e676dfca147b13e7a88de3865e65bb8.jpg

IMG_2022-1-30-082512.jpg.e6a9b30ec28746e2c525f578dd9a9613.jpg

And since the decal sheet also included this oversized prize of a decal “US Army”, I installed on Willy’s PumpkinHead F100 to complete the look.  :D

IMG_2022-1-30-082454.jpg.dc3c3641041088963eeb893b8a2f63fe.jpg

Very happy how both turned out.  

• Like 12

And thanks to @FourthProtocol, I found a Jack Osbourne action figure on eBay so going to make a battleship red themed weekend wrencher dude for Billy’s ClubBugs. 

IMG_2022-1-30-083434.jpg.43eaef1e4ccc600b8600a073ac04190a.jpg

IMG_Nov302021at81353PM.jpg.aa4bf4d4cfa1c8a38c60928e18f686a3.jpg

• Like 7

New 60c 2c 5200 mah batteries just had to be tested in the woods today where the snow was almoast gone now. I think she was spinning around for a good 20 min + and the volt was stil over 4 v so i used my ISDT Discharger for the first time, wich has very good quality an can discharge up to 6A, happy with that one. 

First my daughter spinning around in the Woods, she had a very good time today actually:

spacer.png

C.Avante got a much better punch out off the 60c, i know silver cans are not supose to pull much so 25c that i had before should be the same but im quite sure there was more punch now. She had a great time.

spacer.png

spacer.png

And my Discharge setup:

spacer.png

• Like 8

I have this older snow-mobile chassis, which I intend to use for mobile robotics.

1pD4CNn.jpg

It had 385RS motors with a small extra gearbox bolted on and pinion, which in turn attached to the original gearbox.

To make it a bit stronger, all running wheels got solid shafts (M8 thread) running the entire width, and I though I'd use 80T 540 motors for low RPM and more torque as the chassis was originally intended for 540 motors.
Sadly, that motor choise was a mistake.... Speed is still too high, and the initial torque needed to get it spinning makes low speed a problem.

So I ordered new motors, 540 size but with an additional gearbox bolted on so pinion RPM will be 800RPM before the main gearbox. That should be OK and provide a better torque curve. And a motor controller board, dual H-bridge.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Frankster said:

Soldered my first wires to a 540 motor.  Looks like a dogs breakfast but it works 🤞

Good job!  If it shears off, it could be because you may not have heated the soldering tabs enough.. usually folks end up with blobs of solder due to not enough preheating.   And tinning the bare wires before soldering onto the motor tabs also helps me tremendously.  

I decided I’m not the biggest fan of the bonnet kidneys in contrasting colors so decided to paint one of them back to TS70 (olive drab), but with a slight sheen (just sprayed closer) to have subtle contrast with the rest of the drab on the car.  

The real battleship red..

IMG_2022-1-30-114324.jpg.14039ca6225f1cba1eea92380d735edf.jpg

The GF01 on the right is the “after” picture.  

IMG_2022-1-30-114344.jpg.e1cf0fe1ec0631da3675d7718b15a025.jpg

• Like 4

Sanded and painted the inside of my lightbar. Really happy with the results, just need to add those finishing touches. Clear coat the clear parts, then they "should" be like glass. Add black tape lines and repair the top cover with a little filler.

The blue paint i used is fantastic, the red could be a little darker though. The roof inside is painted in chrome. All in all im really happy with the results :).

LB done 1.jpg

LB done 2.jpg

LB done 3.jpg

LB done 4.jpg

LB done.jpg

• Like 8

I converted all batteries and both cars to Deans connector. It was about time. I did not knew better as I turned back to the hobby two years ago, so I bought what I was familiar with. I'll not be missing the warm Tamiya-connector after a good bash with the Tomahawk in Summer temperatures. 

8 hours ago, Busdriver said:

A little more TOW like. The blue disc will fit on front of sighting system

5637E6B6-23AC-4D4D-9158-0264D9D26192.thumb.jpeg.cf1037ad8c8387f6d6c742853c276b7e.jpeg

Whoa, that looks good.  Bits and bobs for sure, a winch for the optics? Clever!

Will you have extra missiles too?  

N1QEa3T.jpg

• Like 1

My son drew me these (M1 from last year’s Father’s Day, the McLaren from xmas) and finally my wife had time to print them up today.   So I framed them.

Yes, the McLaren is Willy behind the wheel!  :lol:

IMG_2022-1-30-151236.jpg.733f8780e55ff31558b70f7bdf1dce46.jpg

He drew it while looking at my static and M38's.  :D

IMG_Sep182021at112310AM.jpg.46ddb6bf3379a877ab77eace68bfaf4e.jpg

• Like 11

Huh, another bonus from the XR311 decal sheet, the smaller star is pretty much to scale to my micro WW2.  :D 

IMG_2022-1-30-162851.jpg.6fc9fd0a74672901cb8a2d41121bd3df.jpg

IMG_2022-1-30-163120.jpg.afd5581ab6e58d62faddc5b29114c2d9.jpg

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Good job!  If it shears off, it could be because you may not have heated the soldering tabs enough.. usually folks end up with blobs of solder due to not enough preheating.   And tinning the bare wires before soldering onto the motor tabs also helps me tremendously.  

I did watch a YouTube video of tinning bear wires….  I also tinned the tabs but not sure if I preheated tabs enough… 🤞

4 hours ago, Lee1075 said:

Sanded and painted the inside of my lightbar. Really happy with the results, just need to add those finishing touches. Clear coat the clear parts, then they "should" be like glass. Add black tape lines and repair the top cover with a little filler.

The blue paint i used is fantastic, the red could be a little darker though. The roof inside is painted in chrome. All in all im really happy with the results :).

LB done 1.jpg

LB done 2.jpg

LB done 3.jpg

LB done 4.jpg

LB done.jpg

Light bar looks great. I do not recognize the body, what car is this?

Ordered a Dynahead & bits, really looking forward to building this one 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Frankster said:

I did watch a YouTube video of tinning bear wires….  I also tinned the tabs but not sure if I preheated tabs enough… 🤞

Good job, you did everything I would've done.   I think the rest is just practice..  I bought my first soldering iron as a kid back in 1984 or something to fix my MSC that became unsoldered.

36 minutes ago, Frankster said:

Light bar looks great. I do not recognize the body, what car is this?

A Rover SD1

4 hours ago, Juggular said:

Whoa, that looks good.  Bits and bobs for sure, a winch for the optics? Clever!

Will you have extra missiles too?  

N1QEa3T.jpg

Yes quite please with the optics. I had half a Willy winch and the front will be  a Cr button battery painted clear blue!! Spare tubes are in the plan. Just need to sort out some more tubing the right size. All out of scrap. Going for a dessert Sand scheme rather than green. Can’t see if any of them actually were anything but green but I wanted something different. Kit should arrive Monday/Tuesday. Also may  source a second passenger. Tony has them in stock for about 12 quid. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, J@mes said:

Ordered a Dynahead & bits, really looking forward to building this one 

Enjoy, hope you’ve got enough bearings. 70 something if memory serves me correctly!!

• Haha 1

Took my Fighting Buggy to work today, not for a run but for a little photo shoot on the way home.

The vision I had for it has now come to fruition. I can get so far with throwing some masking tape and paint at a body, but anything technical that involves driving a computer, well I need a bit of help there. I couldn't have got this car to the finish line without the grand fellow @yogi-bear, he has done a truly magnificent job of deciphering some cryptic messages from me to produce some beautiful stickers so I can now call this one complete. I am absolutely stoked beyond words, I just can't stop staring at and I'm still pinching myself so I know I'm not dreaming and it is really in my collection 😃.

62B6D72A-E069-4C89-A527-D5153E1D1C1F.jpg

910153F1-3E77-48D9-82A3-422B2E2B98BD.jpg

71E45140-E833-4DE5-956D-5CEFA8D2E840.jpg

FA4A2C6E-CEE3-44A1-B3AD-A8DCF5B6865C.jpg

• Like 13