Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Electronics installed this morning.  I test fitted the body and I think I want to raise the rear body post some not for clearance issues, but mainly front/rear body to chassis alignment.  IMG_2022-2-17-090731.jpg.b6cfc26b48e5b1309f15526a1a0da08e.jpg

I think I’m going to be able to finish the car later today.   

IMG_2022-2-17-100803.jpg.05441c7f95c64b339c1a7faddbb07992.jpg

• Like 3

The last screws finally turned up so I was able to finish my TA03-RS chassis build

Pre-ESC installation...

spacer.png

spacer.png

And with the electronics all in

spacer.png

Now for the shell....

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, 16_Bit_Mr_J said:

Ordered Polycarbonate Cleaner (see 2 posts above) 🙄🤣

Are you going to wipe all the paint off or going to get another can to finish it..(?)

Your picture looks work in progress (which is perfectly fine) so it is kind of hard to tell where you are saying you screwed up.. (?)

Finished the Egress.. well, for the time being.  I thought I had black wheel nuts but apparently I did not..  so will get those on order. 

IMG_2022-2-17-110800.thumb.jpg.8d6b46a863e6bee2fde03aca435af037.jpg

She’s a pretty car.  I like how everything turned out.   I think the black edition rere Avante would compliment her well.. I should probably get that too. 

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Are you going to wipe all the paint off or going to get another can to finish it..(?)

Your picture looks work in progress (which is perfectly fine) so it is kind of hard to tell where you are saying you screwed up.. (?)

Quite a bad bleed from the blue into the white. Not sure how it got through the masking but it did somehow, not a major disaster and it'll be handy to have a bottle anyway 😊

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

.Se’s a pretty car.  I like how everything turned out.   I think the black edition rere Avante would compliment her well.. I should probably get that too. 

What happened to the CC-02 Bronco being the last car? :D

Honestly think you should get a truck and trailer - you could squeeze it in by putting a car on the trailer!

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

What happened to the CC-02 Bronco being the last car? :D

Honestly think you should get a truck and trailer - you could squeeze it in by putting a car on the trailer!

Yeah, I should and I am is different.. usually..  :ph34r: 

Tractor trailer would be really nice.  I’d like to get a flatbed and carry 2-3 M38’s.  :D

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, 16_Bit_Mr_J said:

Quite a bad bleed from the blue into the white. Not sure how it got through the masking but it did somehow, not a major disaster and it'll be handy to have a bottle anyway 😊

I see..!  

If it’s fresh PS paint, you can even use motor spray on a paper towel and remove excess / overspray.  

29 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

I see..!  

If it’s fresh PS paint, you can even use motor spray on a paper towel and remove excess / overspray.  

Thank you for the tip 🙂

Framed my Monster Beetle box today to hang with the others

0C2EF910-7A4A-491A-8611-E359B4712200.jpeg

65FC7CF6-630F-40BB-817C-31CC91F15BA6.jpeg

• Like 11

6 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

Received and fitted an UBEC and it solved the moving on neutral glitch of the TBLE. Glad I didn't believe some so called racer who insisted it was my radio gear's fault. 

I’m glad you solved the issue. I had the same problem with my GF01 with a TBLE. I had assumed it was the radio gear so replaced that and also replaced the ESC while I was at it as I wanted a fully programmable ESC anyway.

3 hours ago, 16_Bit_Mr_J said:

Ordered Polycarbonate Cleaner (see 2 posts above) 🙄🤣

Sorry to hear of the issues, but the cleaner is always good to have at hand. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GeeWings said:

I’m glad you solved the issue. I had the same problem with my GF01 with a TBLE. I had assumed it was the radio gear so replaced that and also replaced the ESC while I was at it as I wanted a fully programmable ESC anyway.

I know it is not my "cheap" radio that was causing the problem as I tested the signal using a program card with that function and it was holding relatively steady at neutral, not drifting enough to cause self runway. I am just glad I did not listen to someone that had insisted it was my "cheapo" radio's fault while completely ignoring the signal readings. If I had gone and buy a high end £200 radio, the problem will still be there while this £5 UBEC fixed it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Finished the Egress.. well, for the time being.  I thought I had black wheel nuts but apparently I did not..  so will get those on order. 

IMG_2022-2-17-110800.thumb.jpg.8d6b46a863e6bee2fde03aca435af037.jpg

She’s a pretty car.  I like how everything turned out.   I think the black edition rere Avante would compliment her well.. I should probably get that too. 

That's looking seriously good👍 definitely (funds permit of course) the black special will be a definite good companion!

20200706_203714.jpg

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, moffman said:

That's looking seriously good👍 definitely (funds permit of course) the black special will be a definite good companion!

20200706_203714.jpg

Thanks!

:wub:  Nice~!!

Today our Twin Detonator gets a new front gearbox housing. It’s certainly used and abused! 

51887901291_2a1918d376_b.jpg

Thank you Tamico

51886933752_d189b3e495_b.jpg

Quality stuff

51886935177_85e04f8675_b.jpg

I blame the kids

51888556690_e959197e4f_b.jpg

Fair old whack (or several) meant the mounts had sheared off & 1 side had  cracked almost all the way through 

51887983618_6e3aeb83ec_b.jpg

Not exactly good as new…

Next time round I’ll treat it to new bushings, a pair of new 540’s and steel pinions. Maybe even a clean :ph34r:

• Like 4

I drove my Egress this afternoon and to my surprise the car drove exceptionally well out of the box, basically factory setup with maybe a slightly stiffer diff setting and factory one way installed.  I am running Tamiya's BZ motor.  Tight turn radius too which was a very welcome surprise.  :D I'm real happy with the car. 

• Like 3

On 2/17/2022 at 2:25 AM, Willy iine said:

Yes, I think it was. 

@G-rem I checked my email archive, but since I bought and painted the car before 2015 I could not find the order info.  However, if I was to do it again, I would definitely use PS19 to match the yellow.  Hope this helps!

Thanks a lot ! From the picture it looked like to be more on the orange side than a normal yellow and I wasn't aware that PS-19 would be of that tint. Will definitely consider it for future project :) 

5 minutes ago, G-rem said:

Thanks a lot ! From the picture it looked like to be more on the orange side than a normal yellow and I wasn't aware that PS-19 would be of that tint. Will definitely consider it for future project :) 

No problem.  GL with your future build.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Whoever packaged my kit must have been out having a good time with @nel33’s drunken penguins the previous night.   :lol:

LOL, i take offence to that, i only had 3 drinks that night, *granted its a 1 pint mug*.....

when you need to walk lightly, the penguins really have it mastered.

• Haha 3