Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

@moffman Quick question on your limited edition black Avante..  Have you ever swapped the pink wheels with your Egress black wheels as you did with the SuperAvante?   I'm curious to see how it would look with a more tamer wheel.  If I end up getting one, I think I'm going to paint the wheels either semi-gloss black or gunmetal..  :ph34r:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Willy iine said:

@moffman Quick question on your limited edition black Avante..  Have you ever swapped the pink wheels with your Egress black wheels as you did with the SuperAvante?   I'm curious to see how it would look with a more tamer wheel.  If I end up getting one, I think I'm going to paint the wheels either semi-gloss black or gunmetal..  :ph34r:

There ya go? 

20220218_230032.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, moffman said:

There ya go? 

20220218_230032.jpg

That looks gorgeous!!!    Thanks, that is more in line with my flavor over the pink wheels.   wow..  :wub:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

That looks gorgeous!!!    Thanks, that is more in line with my flavor over the pink wheels.   wow..  :wub:

My black special was the first batch and it came with these black rims as special parts don't know if subsequent releases have or will come with any extra parts? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moffman said:

My black special was the first batch and it came with these black rims as special parts don't know if subsequent releases have or will come with any extra parts? 

That's real nice of Tamiya!  Much better than missing critical parts like in my Egress kit.  :blink: :lol:    

I read on another thread that the black limited edition re-re Avante are already sold out?  Is that so?  I've not even seen a store with the pre-order yet in the USA.  If that's the case it would surely make it easier for me not to get one.   LOL.    

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Willy iine said:

That's real nice of Tamiya!  Much better than missing critical parts like in my Egress kit.  :blink: :lol:    

I read on another thread that the black limited edition re-re Avante are already sold out?  Is that so?  I've not even seen a store with the pre-order yet in the USA.  If that's the case it would surely make it easier for me not to get one.   LOL.    

I hope that's just for the countries that have started taking orders because your local hobby shops haven't started yet keep your eyes and ears peeled👍 I don't know if they are sold out around my area/country but I'll keep my fingers firmly crossed for you and wish you all the luck in getting one👍👍

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Willy iine said:

And I‘m thinking about buying the pink wheels for my Egress ;)

• Haha 1

On 2/18/2022 at 3:37 AM, Badcrumble said:

What happened to the CC-02 Bronco being the last car? :D

Honestly think you should get a truck and trailer - you could squeeze it in by putting a car on the trailer!

On 2/18/2022 at 4:07 AM, Willy iine said:

Yeah, I should and I am is different.. usually..  :ph34r: 

Tractor trailer would be really nice.  I’d like to get a flatbed and carry 2-3 M38’s.  :D

Kenworth did an ANZAC memorial truck, and is even on your colours @Willy iine, just saying 😉

A0EE8DC0-7B37-42C7-AB40-68886C0574B4.jpg

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

Kenworth did an ANZAC memorial truck, and is even on your colours @Willy iine, just saying 😉

We'd love our GI friends to make an ANZAC truck, @Willy iine you pretty much have to at this point since you have a Kiwi and an Aussie asking for it...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

We'd love our GI friends to make an ANZAC truck, @Willy iine you pretty much have to at this point since you have a Kiwi and an Aussie asking for it...

And as everyone has said what else are you going to do until the Bronco arrives!!!

• Haha 2

Fired up the ultrasonic cleaner to finally get some progress with the Marui Samurai that has been sitting for 3+ years in a box. :lol:

Shock parts are clean and need some TLC and O-rings, rear suspension arms and chain guide are almost finished.

So many parts for such a small car..... :blink:

• Like 1

Packed and sent out my recently sold M07.

Took my SRB Ranger out of it’s box as it’s been packed away for a year, nice to see it again 👍

• Like 3

Finished off the hex conversion for the Quick Drive Pumpkin. It now runs GF01 wheels. 

NzVUHin.jpg

ZpBuU9b.jpg

TckNVUz.jpg

I then took it for a spin, and whilst it span, with the much wider stance, it didn't roll, which was nice. I also went back to brushless power (2030 EZrun) and added all stainless screws.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

ohhhhh o likey and if i remember saying to @Willy iine the other day it time for him to do a 1/14 truck and if this don't convince him nowt will:lol: come on you know you want one in you collection;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

I painted Willy’s 1:10 RC car battleship red this morning.. 

IMG_2022-2-19-100911.jpg.70ffce66e7d08a25ece302a67d96de6a.jpg

IMG_2022-2-19-101128.jpg.11f2109670132494b8b92478a93add70.jpg

IMG_2022-2-19-101253.jpg.9bcba3d0db8bde981d01860f55c93841.jpg

Cute

• Thanks 1

D10FB119-A534-4B17-B588-39BD61F475A2.thumb.jpeg.5f8b61fc8ee16e9c964f9e9668a407a8.jpegI’ve got as far as electrics, looking forward to seeing how well the old school motor performs…

95FF64E5-78F2-4FD4-A319-6D33D3B5E5C5.thumb.jpeg.104269d345afbaca5e4add8b026e2043.jpeg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, topforcein said:

ohhhhh o likey and if i remember saying to @Willy iine the other day it time for him to do a 1/14 truck and if this don't convince him nowt will:lol: come on you know you want one in you collection;)

You started the campaign - we're supporting it! (not with actual finds though, we need them for our own cars)

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, IoMTom said:

I’ve got as far as electrics, looking forward to seeing how well the old school motor performs…

Anymore thoughts on a rear wing for it?

5mXyb0a.jpeg

I made a shock tower for my MF01x, which gives me softer vertical shocks.

It is made of 3mm thick plastic found on the street, probably the broken piece of a real car bumper. I will make another neater one now I have got the dimensions.

• Like 4

Tentatively finished the Knightrunner.  Wiring and connectors are in place, servo centered, ESC programmed, EPA’s set.  Contemplating LED lights and light buckets from Knight Customs…

02769FF6-5787-4C0A-99F9-6766ED39D169.jpeg

52621AC2-294E-4BD8-8D2D-F041695182A2.jpeg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Superluminal said:

Anymore thoughts on a rear wing for it?

thinking something like this, but still at paper modeling stage tho

8979A3E7-234E-46BD-A549-BCB2C4A10375.thumb.png.7297708586f81766558ceba2692cd4ae.png

• Like 1