Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Finally finished these

0SqXWOw.jpg

czirobj.jpg

aElH9i1.jpg

Did try to take them to the park, but by the time I got to the park it had started to rain again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mad Zero said:

Nope, engine mounts. 

70BA451A-3751-4C62-8A97-BABDBFC38C5F.thumb.jpeg.f8673a277490ceb11ddfa4413ec57a7a.jpeg

…btw I can often be found at Santa Pod (UK strip) because I follow Top Fuel B)

That's a nice looking engine.  I owned a nitro car back in the day.. I forget what it was called SuperNitro or something.. it was an HPI car with a Toyota GT-One body.   I had friends at HPI (Kogawa-san, Ito-san, and others) and they practically gave me the car at a super deal.. and used the savings to hop it up.  It was a blast driving that thing on an open parking lot.   :D   GL with the rest of your project! 

7 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

That's a nice looking engine.  I owned a nitro car back in the day.. I forget what it was called SuperNitro or something.. it was an HPI car with a Toyota GT-One body.   I had friends at HPI (Kogawa-san, Ito-san, and others) and they practically gave me the car at a super deal.. and used the savings to hop it up.  It was a blast driving that thing on an open parking lot.   :D   GL with the rest of your project! 

Thanks Will yes I know the one you mean - this is a bit earlier (1978) it’s a PB9 International pan car. 

13 minutes ago, Mad Zero said:

Thanks Will yes I know the one you mean - this is a bit earlier (1978) it’s a PB9 International pan car. 

That's awesome.   I do miss the screaming engine noise while hitting W O T (auto-correct) down the parking lot.  There's no electric RC that can replace that awesome experience. :D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Willy iine said:

@Nikko85 Looks good!

Is your front sand (paddle) tire facing the wrong way?   Just wondering if intentional or not.  

Good spot, no not intentional!

• Like 1

Put in the new spur and pinion I received in the post on the MG Evo. 

ly2CU9R.jpg

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Grumpy pants said:

My Blitzer Beetle is now reserved pending payment & collection 💥

The amount you’ve sold recently the 🍹 on you!!!!

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

The amount you’ve sold recently the 🍹 on you!!!!

That’s a great idea J!

Time to declutter and make some space

• Like 1

13 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

Put in the new spur and pinion I received in the post on the MG Evo. 

ly2CU9R.jpg

Completely up to you, but I'd oil that hex screw head face to prevent further corrosion so that you don't strip it when it comes time to rebuild.

You can also make a bunch of small decal circles using a hole puncher and place the circles over the screwheads to protect them while new or resurfaced.

Anyway, entirely up to you.  

44 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Completely up to you, but I'd oil that hex screw head face to prevent further corrosion so that you don't strip it when it comes time to rebuild.

You can also make a bunch of small decal circles using a hole puncher and place the circles over the screwheads to protect them while new or resurfaced.

Anyway, entirely up to you.  

I do have stainless screws on hand when it comes to the final gearing but currently experimenting to try and blow a silver can, so there will be a lot of swapping around. This gearing will not stay long as I have a 48T spur coming to go with a 50T pinion. Once I had achieved my destructive mission, a decent motor will go in with more sensible gearing, stainless screws will be used. Didn't use them from the start as they do not stand up well to frequent tightening. 

But you are right, these steel screws rust super easily, just one run in the wet... 

today was the dreaded rc spring clean  but on a lighter note i got the chance to fire up the vintage receiver(let the caps recharge for a good hour before pluging in speakers) to listen to while cleaning

• Like 2

I got the black wheel nuts so officially completed my Egress today. :D

Such a pretty car..

IMG_2022-2-22-112010.jpg.7848b8e7717d3af6ebeff0b15968760b.jpg

To me this car is like owning a motorcycle.. not sure why.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

I got the black wheel nuts so officially completed my Egress today. :D

Such a pretty car..

IMG_2022-2-22-112010.jpg.7848b8e7717d3af6ebeff0b15968760b.jpg

To me this car is like owning a motorcycle.. not sure why.  

That looks great 

I finally finished the Bigwig shell. I've not gone 100% boxart as I've used PS16 Metallic Blue. Original vintage decals so was a bit nervy putting them on. Pretty happy with end result 😊

20220222_185032.thumb.jpg.0c210d4628e5756a164ca419519d7d9d.jpg

20220222_185008.thumb.jpg.e23cc791094237e617d91ee48354445e.jpg

• Like 7

Looks great @16_Bit_Mr_J that metallic blue really elevates it I reckon. I have a soft spot for the Big Wig as it was the last car my brother purchased and 'shared' with me as kids before he moved away. One day I will own one!

@silvertriplethat looks fun! Can you remind me again what software you are using. On the weekend, after some frustration as my wife and I were trying to visualise how our proposed renovation is going to look I decided to model a 3D visualisation. I started up the latest version of the 3D package I used to use most for technical geometry based modelling (Lightwave 3D). Safe to say it has moved on quite a bit in 10 years! I could barely remember how to build basic boxes let alone booleans and splines. :blink: :D

• Like 1

Today I've been working on my new scale garage. I might do a build thread when I'm a bit further along with it, but for now, here's a little sneaky peak:

gWtxW4Q.jpg

• Like 10

Been procrastinating about doing this for an age...

51898491799_d23eead3b7_k.jpg

Half a job tonight, it's so much easier when you just have to stick them on rather than hand paint them.😬

51897198852_523196e5d0_k.jpg

• Like 7

@Yoshimitsutotally worth the effort, it looks great. One of the guys I follow on Insta uses wiring flex for the window rubber and it looks awesome.

Did some maintenance and adjustments on the M-05Ra. Jacked the shocks up a bit and it looks ridiculous. Dropped the body pins down one. 

auPMIQv.jpg

9 hours ago, 16_Bit_Mr_J said:

That looks great 

I finally finished the Bigwig shell. I've not gone 100% boxart as I've used PS16 Metallic Blue. Original vintage decals so was a bit nervy putting them on. Pretty happy with end result 😊

20220222_185032.thumb.jpg.0c210d4628e5756a164ca419519d7d9d.jpg

20220222_185008.thumb.jpg.e23cc791094237e617d91ee48354445e.jpg

I did the same as well with metallic blue.  Looks much better and the metallic gives it a nice pop78F68B0E-12D7-46CA-B07C-04C98D1A21FC.thumb.jpeg.06cd1eb8f99fbaddf3bdaf3d3e048070.jpeg543773BB-3CBA-417F-A2F8-56A9C2CAB493.thumb.jpeg.bbc7a1493b789c66357c1f6b9aa47538.jpegC6FFDA1C-2355-403A-9C59-59770A8D0E39.thumb.jpeg.4406c6473c6b3d488d03768d1f00df3b.jpeg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Yoshimitsu said:

Been procrastinating about doing this for an age...

51898491799_d23eead3b7_k.jpg

Half a job tonight, it's so much easier when you just have to stick them on rather than hand paint them.😬

51897198852_523196e5d0_k.jpg

Looks great.  

A good quote from Mies van der Rohe “God is in the details”