Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, GeeWings said:

Looks great @16_Bit_Mr_J that metallic blue really elevates it I reckon. I have a soft spot for the Big Wig as it was the last car my brother purchased and 'shared' with me as kids before he moved away. One day I will own one!

@silvertriplethat looks fun! Can you remind me again what software you are using. On the weekend, after some frustration as my wife and I were trying to visualise how our proposed renovation is going to look I decided to model a 3D visualisation. I started up the latest version of the 3D package I used to use most for technical geometry based modelling (Lightwave 3D). Safe to say it has moved on quite a bit in 10 years! I could barely remember how to build basic boxes let alone booleans and splines. :blink: :D

I'm using Fusion 360... Not sure it is the right tool for a renovation visualization, however...

35 minutes ago, silvertriple said:

I'm using Fusion 360... Not sure it is the right tool for a renovation visualization, however...

No. I will stick to lightwave for that purpose.

But lightwave isn’t great as a tool in a 3D print workflow due to the way it handles polygons. Though that might have changed too. 

8 hours ago, Yoshimitsu said:

Been procrastinating about doing this for an age...

51898491799_d23eead3b7_k.jpg

Half a job tonight, it's so much easier when you just have to stick them on rather than hand paint them.😬

51897198852_523196e5d0_k.jpg

Phew!!! For a moment I thought you meant the stickers not the window trim😂

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

😍😍😍

Great model imo, easy to build, run and maintain. 

Good fun to run as well, simplicity is the key! 

• Like 1

As I'm sure I've bored you with enough of my QD trucks, here's another! 

This one is the QD chassis with a Tyco Bandit 9.6V  body. Originally this body was going to go on the MF01x (like @OoALEJOoO) but now I've got those at 171 mm wheelbase, it's too long.

SmHJjFi.jpgI may leave the body as is, or paint as a King Cab, for a QD King Cab. Now I've converted the wheels to hex, I could also perhaps run very slightly smaller wheels. These are 115 mm OD tires (Pumpkin Standard) but going to 100 mm might work a little better? Or just leave as is, and make a king cab more of a monster. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Grumpy pants said:

Great model imo, easy to build, run and maintain. 

Good fun to run as well, simplicity is the key! 

Very true and the hard body makes it fun to modify 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nikko85 said:

This one is the QD chassis with a Tyco Bandit 9.6V  body. Originally this body was going to go on the MF01x (like @OoALEJOoO) but now I've got those at 171 mm wheelbase, it's too long.

SmHJjFi.jpgI may leave the body as is, or paint as a King Cab, for a QD King Cab. Now I've converted the wheels to hex, I could also perhaps run very slightly smaller wheels. These are 115 mm OD tires (Pumpkin Standard) but going to 100 mm might work a little better? Or just leave as is, and make a king cab more of a monster. 

Does anyone know the outside diameter of the King Cab tires please? I could then scale down from 1:10 to 1:14 to find something relatively scale. I wonder if Blitzer (90 mm?) tires could work well? There's a lot of truck under the body, but that's the case of the king cab too.

Of course I could also look to modify the GF01, as that might allow the body to sit lower, but that would be 4WD. 

I also went to the park and found the large flat gravel pitch was free!

gCWqJYg.jpg

Both the MF01x were great. Pumpkin below certainly handled better with the wide stance and paddle tyres, but they were both fun to drive through the dirt.

All this talk about pumpkins, I decided I wanted to drive Willy’s PumpkinHead F100 too so I did this morning.  :D

IMG_2022-2-23-084421.jpg.ccd616270db1f8524815f9ead1532848.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Willy iine said:

All this talk about pumpkins, I decided I wanted to drive Willy’s PumpkinHead F100 too so I did this morning.  :D

IMG_2022-2-23-084421.jpg.ccd616270db1f8524815f9ead1532848.jpg

That’s my favourite of your Willy’s

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Frankster said:

I did the same as well with metallic blue.  Looks much better and the metallic gives it a nice pop78F68B0E-12D7-46CA-B07C-04C98D1A21FC.thumb.jpeg.06cd1eb8f99fbaddf3bdaf3d3e048070.jpeg543773BB-3CBA-417F-A2F8-56A9C2CAB493.thumb.jpeg.bbc7a1493b789c66357c1f6b9aa47538.jpegC6FFDA1C-2355-403A-9C59-59770A8D0E39.thumb.jpeg.4406c6473c6b3d488d03768d1f00df3b.jpeg

Looks wicked dude. I've got of a backlog on kits at the mo so the Bigwig is on the back-burner kinda 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nikko85 said:

That Tyco Bandit looks gorgeous. :wub: I would definitely leave it as it is. Body and wheel combo looks great. I think I need to look out for a Bandit and a QD chassis.

8 hours ago, Frankster said:

Nice.  For some reason thought it was a built kit

I didn’t get as far as that 😂

I joined and posted!

But equally importantly I got the box of bits that had my old Madcap smushed into half an Optima as a tarmac basher back into the below (apologies for the pic cross-post).

It's super tired and very floppy. But I'm pretty sure I'm still going to pick up a ball race set, some no-name oil filled shocks, replace the missing idler gear (maybe get a 3d printed version (!)) and see if I can't rebuild the diff. Oh and the steering play is absolutely shocking.

Chassis is in one piece - some cracks around the front bolts, but the rear is immaculate (I think I used a plywood "plank" to save it after wearing through the previous 2).

Madcap.JPG

• Like 2

Okay so I placed an order for a NIB Avante 2011 body set with driver and everything.  So basically you can all tell what happens when voices in my head start talking..  :blink:  

.. so what the heck am I going to do with just the body set.. can't use it on the Egress.. running it on a DF02 or TT02B would look odd.. hummmm...

• Like 2

Just the start of the day here and I have a day off work so this morning I will finally do some kit building.

Then this afternoon I'm heading out to inspect and test drive two real-life LandCruisers. One Fj40 which has been beautifully restored with a price tag to match. The other started life as a BJ40 but has been converted to petrol and part restored, there is lots still to do and from the pictures it might be too much of a project. Like Goldilocks I think neither is quite right but time will tell!

Oh and having expressed very little interest in the TD4 one has come up for sale locally at a very good price. So I will spend the day convincing myself I shouldn't buy it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, naturbo2000 said:

I joined and posted!

But equally importantly I got the box of bits that had my old Madcap smushed into half an Optima as a tarmac basher back into the below (apologies for the pic cross-post).

It's super tired and very floppy. But I'm pretty sure I'm still going to pick up a ball race set, some no-name oil filled shocks, replace the missing idler gear (maybe get a 3d printed version (!)) and see if I can't rebuild the diff. Oh and the steering play is absolutely shocking.

Chassis is in one piece - some cracks around the front bolts, but the rear is immaculate (I think I used a plywood "plank" to save it after wearing through the previous 2).

Madcap.JPG

Awesome mate, a true classic and one of my favs. Make sure to start up a build thread on that puppy if you haven't already:)

23 minutes ago, GeeWings said:

Oh and having expressed very little interest in the TD4 one has come up for sale locally at a very good price. So I will spend the day convincing myself I shouldn't buy it!

Buy it bud, you're worth it;)

4 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

Awesome mate, a true classic and one of my favs. Make sure to start up a build thread on that puppy if you haven't already:)

I really mustn't. Otherwise it'll end with me getting carried away and grafting in a carbon fibre astute chassis. I've already seen that fibre-lyte do one and I reckon it's an easy swap.

• Like 1