Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 hours ago, Willy iine said:

I got an update that my Avante #2 finally cleared customs and on its way to my local post office.  Hopefully in the coming days I will receive it.

Lovely stuff. Another buggy?... Are your collection of Willy's shaking in their boots at the thought of a hostile take over? Ah well, at least their prepared as their numbers are many and they are basically a small army!:)

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Kol__ said:

Lovely stuff. Another buggy?... Are your collection of Willy's shaking in their boots at the thought of a hostile take over? Ah well, at least their prepared as their numbers are many and they are basically a small army!:)

:lol:  My RC shop is Willy first, everything else second, so they are safe!   Yeah this Avante I bought several weeks ago, but coming from another vendor in Japan so taking a while to get here.   If I can make space I plan to build it too and paint it gunmetal and run Egress wheels and tires.  

But there is yet another buggy making its way.. :ph34r:

I need to make a black border around the banner..

IMG_2022-3-12-060209.jpg.b9bce026c8946f7f5b87f22be2bbc0a3.jpg

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

:lol:  My RC shop is Willy first, everything else second, so they are safe!   Yeah this Avante I bought several weeks ago, but coming from another vendor in Japan so taking a while to get here.   If I can make space I plan to build it too and paint it gunmetal and run Egress wheels and tires.  

But there is another buggy making its way.. :ph34r:

I need to make a black border around the banner..

IMG_2022-3-12-060209.jpg.b9bce026c8946f7f5b87f22be2bbc0a3.jpg

Great collection and great picture @Willy iine

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Today im poking at making mounts to get the Sand Scorcher body onto  my TT02B chassi.

• Like 2

Also, lol...

29 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

My RC shop is Willy first

:lol:

1 hour ago, Ziddan said:

Today im poking at making mounts to get the Sand Scorcher body onto  my TT02B chassi.

Send some photos. I am interested myself 

14 minutes ago, Frankster said:

@Willy iine what is your car count?  

I am not sure.. maybe 5?  :ph34r:

Oh wait we not talking about my age..  :lol:

29 minutes ago, Frankster said:

Send some photos. I am interested myself 

No prob :)

Got more pics and deetz in my build thread, im using some other custom parts ive made to increase ground clearance and shorten wheelbase.
Those parts in turn are available free in my design thread, ill share the body mount files as well.

IMG_20220312_140025a.jpg.b370a488b88933bf3b0f9032f7213dde.jpgIMG_20220312_140046a.jpg.2da7196933a4106e61f4b4f422b496cf.jpg

• Like 2

Picked up my freshly painted body for my £100 unused schumacher cat sx2 had a bit of a problem though the guy who painted for me got me got covid so he was isolating so I had to wait a few weeks!

20220312_102754.jpg

• Like 4

@Ziddan Wheel base looks to be a good fit.   I am planning to do a touring car version so this is very helpful to see!   In my case I'm going to repurpose an old HPI RS4 Pro..

IMG_2022-3-12-084620.jpg.c301bc5c40ba12aa2b2fd5409569e6e9.jpg

In other news, I decided to try some snow camo for the wall Tamiya banner background..  will try it once the sheet arrives.  

• Like 2

In other news, per my wife’s challenge, worked on Willy's rolling tool case this morning.  :D

IMG_2022-3-12-114538.jpg.6700c6c4d4b1e570f33cbadda7ec3f90.jpg

Final update for today..  tomorrow will do the drawer decor and hood.  :D

IMG_2022-3-12-123235.jpg

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, SlideWRX said:

Is that an internal spur gear?!?

Yes it is...

5gNXX3k.jpg

Have a view in my Nichimo Spirit FF thread if you want more details :)

(presumably, they wanted to get the gravity center as central as possible)

• Like 1

All the hop-ups bar one which hasn't arrived yet are in the super avante! I thought it would be a lot harder to do than it actually was! Probably only took me a few hours the most time consuming was taking the ball diffs out and replacing the plastic diff nut for the alloy one but it wasn't difficult at all👍 just a lot of screws I've put slightly softer springs on aswell.

20220312_171101.jpg

• Like 9

10 hours ago, Ziddan said:

No prob :)

Got more pics and deetz in my build thread, im using some other custom parts ive made to increase ground clearance and shorten wheelbase.
Those parts in turn are available free in my design thread, ill share the body mount files as well.

IMG_20220312_140025a.jpg.b370a488b88933bf3b0f9032f7213dde.jpgIMG_20220312_140046a.jpg.2da7196933a4106e61f4b4f422b496cf.jpg

Thanks @Ziddan I will take a look

All these CAD design you folks do..  I feel ancient..  :wacko:

:lol:  But happy to see the modern approach to one-off designs.  Not like I'm going to live forever anyway.

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

All these CAD design you folks do..

Im calipering and then building using 3d shapes directly so im far less accurate than someone doing actual CAD stuff, tried learning fusion360/cad software but while id like to be able to use it im just not persistent enough to learn it, doing like this works alright :P

• Like 2

On 3/12/2022 at 4:11 AM, Willy iine said:

I have am illness where I hear voices in my head associated with a tracking number..  :ph34r:         I blame @mtbkym01.. 

• Wait what? What did I (Javelin) say :ph34r::P
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, mtbkym01 said:
  • Wait what? What did I (Javelin) say :ph34r::P

Not sure where I’m going to place mine on display.. :ph34r:

Indeed a 1st ‘RC World’ problems..  :D

• Haha 2

Decided as I was going to fit the brushless combo in my avante I'd give these rims a go this has been in a state of limbo since before Christmas because of the diff nuts given up so now it's all upgraded and fixed I thought lets see what 2s and brushless goes like?

20220313_111631.jpg

• Like 6