Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Chassis is done on my Guilia. The toe in is insane though, have I done something wrong?🫣

51940731121_ec02169734_k.jpg

51939741952_31e5c5573a_k.jpg

51939741917_850929b4b7_k.jpg

Also slightly concerned by about how to get paint into the nose right at the front of the bonnet.🤷

I'll gladly accept any pointers from those who have been there and done it. I've seen a few (excellent ones) on here.👌

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yoshimitsu said:

Chassis is done on my Guilia. The toe in is insane though, have I done something wrong?🫣

Also slightly concerned by about how to get paint into the nose right at the front of the bonnet.🤷

I'll gladly accept any pointers from those who have been there and done it. I've seen a few (excellent ones) on here.👌

Toe in on the front?  Some RWD cars run toe in for stability...

For the hood I think I sprayed PS into a cup and brush painted it before spraying the rest of the body.  GL!  :D 

• Like 1

R7tj4OK.jpeg

Almost completed the QD King Cab

ZKLGEbm.jpeg

m5480PF.jpeg

Small brushless motor, full sized servo, 1/15 scale fun. Proportions seem about right!

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Yoshimitsu said:

A lot of the schemes seem to have a different colour nose section and one way of doing that is to mask using the overspray film but cutting away the section you want painted then spray with ps paint on the outside. There’s at least one example of this on this forum.

The rear toe in is 2 degrees and yes looks stupid. I believe there is a way to flip the rear arms to counteract it or you may need special rear arms.

• Thanks 1

Got some pre work 5am wrenching in, printed and installed a front tub cover on my tt02b, does the same job as the hot glue mod, keeping stuff out of the steering.

8 hours ago, Willy iine said:

For the hood I think I sprayed PS into a cup and brush painted it before spraying the rest of the body.  GL!  :D 

Yeah, that's the way forward I think.

1 hour ago, Busdriver said:

A lot of the schemes seem to have a different colour nose section and one way of doing that is to mask using the overspray film but cutting away the section you want painted then spray with ps paint on the outside. There’s at least one example of this on this forum.

The rear toe in is 2 degrees and yes looks stupid. I believe there is a way to flip the rear arms to counteract it or you may need special rear arms.

That's a good point re nose cone painting on top of the shell. I had my heart set on one solid colour but I might have to re-think. 

Cheers for the toe in advice too I really would like to do something about it...

On 3/14/2022 at 3:18 PM, Badcrumble said:

Unfortunately, Plaza Japan have stopped Japan Air postage to the UK. Just as the MF-01X servo stay came back in stock. But is out of stock in RCMart.

It’s not just Plaza Japan…. Japan Post has suspended all air services to the UK and many other EU countries.

I’ve been building up a few packages at a Japanese proxy waiting for the right time to consolidate for better value air shipping, and am now facing a very nasty bill for the courier alternative 😢

Looks like economically sourcing from Japan is off the table for a while 

• Sad 2

On 3/15/2022 at 7:17 AM, Willy iine said:

So my wife who gave me the Willy rolling tool case challenge came to my RC room to check out how I was doing and she said overall she will give me a passing score (70%) but the handle rails do not have enough dimension and my silver brush strokes are pretty awful.  :blink: :wacko:

I’m not @Juggular.. what the heck does she expect from me??!  :(

IMG_2022-3-14-181357.jpg.a7300376270ebc3de14a9a04c8f2f482.jpg

Hey at least I’m average!   I’ll take that.   Liners installed.  :D 

IMG_2022-3-14-184502.jpg.1e7ed56841ed6de5151ae82f0e117d42.jpg

What does 100% look like 😳

1 hour ago, Frankster said:

What does 100% look like 😳

I think had I had the patience I could do a better job overall, but honestly speaking I was already tired from work, more excited to build my Avante and HotShot, and just did not put in enough kiai (effort) in the details.

Can’t expect a higher score this time..

BTW, this is the original tool case I based Willy's comical version after.  I should've maybe just kept the handle rails black had I known it was going to lower my score.. :lol: ;)  It just looks cuter with the accent.

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Products/Storage-Solutions/Steel-Storage/48-22-8500

So next up I will make a rolling oil drain pan to place under Billy's ClubBug.  :D 

One more souvenir shot.. 

IMG_2022-3-16-075736.jpg.d4babd76d22fd1da3958570c90a6cbba.jpg

IMG_2022-3-16-080108.thumb.jpg.040477a148ac7d5cfd97a36e4d9e9260.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Yoshimitsu said:

The toe in is insane though, have I done something wrong?🫣

If you mean the rear toe, it its meant to be extreme. Helps immensely with stability, making the car a lot nicer to drive than its predecessor. 

For me I ordered some wire shelf plastic liners (72" x 23-3/8")  instead of a sheet of plexiglass (60" x 24") which came at a whopping price of $100 for one sheet.  :blink:

The shelf liners were $60 for a pack of 4, so I can mess up 4 times!   ..oh wait, if I mess up 4 times then I need to re-buy.. :wacko: :lol:

This is going to be used as backing plate for the black camo vinyl that arrived today.  It will become the rectangular boarder/background for my Tamiya banner on the wall.    I expect it to look at least 70%.. :ph34r:

Update.. Also just got done dusting the entire RC display since I won’t be sanding anything for a while in my RC shop.  It’s a good one hour job, but all clean now and next time I need to dust is probably May - Jun timing so it’s not bad.  

Unless of course my Bronco arrives in April.. then more sanding probably… 

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 1

Painted in the window trim and cleaned up lines on my Sand Scorcher shell.

Remixed to hopefully make fit and am now printing a motor to go on the back.

Mounts should, if i have it right, be straight spacers to bolt into two of the extra holes in the rear shock tower, if i havnt got it right ill be able to make them offset a bit up or down and it should be fine.

Motor.jpg.49857bef22aadbde6b916f3f3ad4c39a.jpg

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Looks amazing!! 👍👍:wub:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Yoshimitsu said:

51942888394_86b566f8dc_k.jpg

51941578907_a256d9f9a0_k.jpg

That looks great. I’m following with interest as mine is due to arrive today. Is the yellow tint the kit sticker or did you paint it? Do you prep the chrome before painting the black? I find paint doesn’t like staying on a chrome base? Also meant to ask you is the body sitting on a VW chassis as the wheels look wrong for the Alfa?

20 hours ago, Willy iine said:

I think had I had the patience I could do a better job overall, but honestly speaking I was already tired from work, more excited to build my Avante and HotShot, and just did not put in enough kiai (effort) in the details.

Can’t expect a higher score this time..

BTW, this is the original tool case I based Willy's comical version after.  I should've maybe just kept the handle rails black had I known it was going to lower my score.. :lol: ;)  It just looks cuter with the accent.

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Products/Storage-Solutions/Steel-Storage/48-22-8500

So next up I will make a rolling oil drain pan to place under Billy's ClubBug.  :D 

One more souvenir shot.. 

Hopefully your wife is equally receptive to your critique of her hobbies!!! If it was an amp it would be a Marshall!!!

• Haha 1

On 3/16/2022 at 6:04 PM, Yoshimitsu said:

Yeah, that's the way forward I think.

That's a good point re nose cone painting on top of the shell. I had my heart set on one solid colour but I might have to re-think. 

Getting spray into that nose is a bit of a pest. But if the shell is all one solid colour just build up dust coats and you should be fine.

I did mine with Transparent Red first and was impossible to get an even coverage in the tip. But once it was finished looks OK backed with Metallic Orange. 

3 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Is the yellow tint the kit sticker or did you paint it? Do you prep the chrome before painting the black? I find paint doesn’t like staying on a chrome base? Also meant to ask you is the body sitting on a VW chassis as the wheels look wrong for the Alfa?

Yellow is painted onto the decal, no prep on the chrome, I just use brush on acrylic. One day I'll man up and buy an airbrush.

Wheels are place savers for the originals which I have plans for.😁

3 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Hopefully your wife is equally receptive to your critique of her hobbies!!! If it was an amp it would be a Marshall!!!

You’re very kind!!  :D  

Yeah, she is.  I think the reason why we lasted this long together is because we’ve been honest with each other through the decades to make ourselves better at what we do.  I’ve been with her since she was a teen.  

• Like 1

Done some more, wipers, windows and plastidipping the front bumper left other than the driver.

Anyone got any tested and true ideas for making the driver removable?

sideside.thumb.jpg.f638fe3dc059af3e5052e11560b3bbc4.jpg

• Like 1

@Ziddan So when you say removable driver, I guess my question is why he needs to be removable..(?)

You can try heavy duty velcro (like the ones used on tollway transponders for your 1:1 car) where you attach the driver torso to the interior door.  

picked these little beauts up the weekend  first pair i've seen for sale in a long time a pair of realistic mach 2 speakers

the crossovers looks to have been re-cap'd and the subs have been re-foam'd but he mid's will need to be done soon 

the cab's are in a bit of a state due to the previous owner drilling holes in the side of the cab (for some reason) and the top rear corner looked to have had either had some thing dropped on it or the cab been dropped itself so have started the process of rebuilding that with filler no the cabs are to be recovered as that finish don't match my decor so the filler wont be seen anyway 

surprised to see the original oiled walnut veneer sticker on the cab

ain't decided if i'm gonna keep these yet or move them one or brake them for parts

IMG_20220317_170710.jpg

IMG_20220317_170859.jpg

• Like 1

Interesting speakers @topforcein, I knew of the brand but not seen those. Not sure why you would put holes in a vented enclosure! Maybe they were mounted somehow?

They could be quite cool when sorted! From what I read they are good LOUD, hope you have somewhere suitable to set them up! 

I live in an old semi-d with neighbours I'd like to keep so my gear is all packed away :(