Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My TT02B driver thinks traffic is Dreddful :P 

The head is magnetized so it can be removed or switched easily.

Dreddiver.jpg.ed9683ce49b4271c513e40a1253a7a87.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

@topforcein Oh wow, I’ve not seen those since the 80’s?  :lol: Nice find.

My recent awesome audio harvest (?) was a Bday gift from my wife last month for a stereo keyboard amp called KP500S by MotionSound.  It has dual 12” Eminence drivers and a simple but effective EQ and enhancer where the audio is unbelievably dimensional with tons of character for music and keyboards.  :D  500w power and more than enough headroom for my little 300sq ft music room.  

Have fun with your speaker project! 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

Interesting speakers @topforcein, I knew of the brand but not seen those. Not sure why you would put holes in a vented enclosure! Maybe they were mounted somehow?

They could be quite cool when sorted! From what I read they are good LOUD, hope you have somewhere suitable to set them up! 

I live in an old semi-d with neighbours I'd like to keep so my gear is all packed away :(

the holes where done by the previous owner they could have been mounted by the previous owner 

they where from 1984 sold by tandy's they replaced the mach 1's

i do live in old semi also the one neighbour i dont care about as he is a complete douch tool and the other dont mind as they do play theirs loud also.

when i moved in i had a pair of jamo laser power speakers with 15"'s and was larger than these mach 2's and i sold them as i had both sides elderly people so i sold them and to this day i regret selling them  to this day

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

@topforcein Oh wow, I’ve not seen those since the 80’s?  :lol: Nice find.

My recent awesome audio harvest (?) was a Bday gift from my wife last month for a stereo keyboard amp called KP500S by MotionSound.  It has dual 12” Eminence drivers and a simple but effective EQ and enhancer where the audio is unbelievably dimensional with tons of character for music and keyboards.  :D  500w power and more than enough headroom for my little 300sq ft music room.  

Have fun with your speaker project! 

my wife does have a bit of a moan everytime i come back with more speakers i do have a few pairs tbh 

my last pair i restored was a pair of jbl's and they are keepers 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, topforcein said:

my wife does have a bit of a moan everytime i come back with more speakers i do have a few pairs tbh 

my last pair i restored was a pair of jbl's and they are keepers 

Awesome.  JBL’s are definitely nice.   

Speaking of boxy items, my wife said a package arrived from Japan..   :D  

• Like 2

Edgarmon gets his King Cab

h8abJPk.jpeg

8W3zMnA.jpeg

Just needs wiring up now. I will take proper photos tomorrow or Saturday.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Ziddan said:

My TT02B driver thinks traffic is Dreddful :P 

The head is magnetized so it can be removed or switched easily.

Dreddiver.jpg.ed9683ce49b4271c513e40a1253a7a87.jpg

😅. Make it a war apocalypse car with mini gun and armored panels

1 hour ago, Nikko85 said:

Edgarmon gets his King Cab

h8abJPk.jpeg

8W3zMnA.jpeg

Just needs wiring up now. I will take proper photos tomorrow or Saturday.

He looks happy!  Nice ride Edgarmon!! :D 

• Like 1

So much great stuff going on...

@Ziddan I love the build and Dredd is a great fit for it. Drok! Oh, and don't know if you solved it already but I used Velcro for my removable drivers.

@Yoshimitsuloving the look of the Alfa so far, great colour choice.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Yoshimitsu said:

Busy night.👌

51943592122_ddd18dbf41_k.jpg

51944892869_8a7fb185f0_k.jpg

51943592262_e42e25d049_k.jpg

Is that outside painted. I presume it must be because of the first photo. It looks ace. I’m considering BRG and yellow for mine.?

5 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

I’m considering BRG and yellow for mine

That would look awesome! 

11 hours ago, Willy iine said:

He looks happy!  Nice ride Edgarmon!! :D 

10 hours ago, GeeWings said:

@Nikko85Edgarmon looks happy with his ride and rightly so! 

Thanks, almost all done.

I need to raise the front up a little. At the moment it's attached with screws, but I think I will go with body posts, not least because they give a little flex.

I am super busy at work preparing to be off for paternity leave, getting myself ready for a baby, and also re-mortgaging my house, so I have only had little snippets of an evening to work on this, but I want to get some photos in the Sun, hopefully this weekend and finish off the electronics.

@Nikko85 That’s a lot to deal with!!  Hope you pace yourself and enjoy the weekend.  

Be sure to visit us here when you have a break. :D 

1 hour ago, Nikko85 said:

Thanks, almost all done.

I need to raise the front up a little. At the moment it's attached with screws, but I think I will go with body posts, not least because they give a little flex.

I am super busy at work preparing to be off for paternity leave, getting myself ready for a baby, and also re-mortgaging my house, so I have only had little snippets of an evening to work on this, but I want to get some photos in the Sun, hopefully this weekend and finish off the electronics.

I try to keep my family album out of the red tops :D

Seriously, good luck with getting everything sorted before the baby arrives. Get everything thing in order so you can enjoy what’s really important!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/17/2022 at 1:24 PM, topforcein said:

....and the subs have been re-foam'd...

What's your experience on re-foaming speakers?   I have to do this to an MK subwoofer.   Thinking of trying it myself.   I don't have a problem with doing the mechanical part of it, just not sure it there's any pre-prep that needs to be down for perfect alignment before gluing.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ministrone said:

I finally finished building my M-06 Lotus Europa. 

8FE8D10F-F754-4432-9328-FC6207FC508E.jpeg

4CFE366C-98D9-4FB3-8CAE-3EF8475C312A.jpeg

Glad to see the rear wing is not there. Are those the wheels it came with?

No, they’re the wheels that came with the VW Karmann Ghia kit. I was trying to go for an early S1 or S2 Europa look with steel wheels and wing mirrors but without the silver sill covers.

• Like 1

Took the Thunder Dragon and the TCR-M out for a drive. The TD's TZ has new brushes and the body is ready for the TCR-M now, so it will not be running naked this time.

spacer.png

Have not driven the dragon since winter and it is horrible on dry surface. Traction rolled so much that I lost 2 body clips. 

spacer.png

The TCR-M is much more enjoyable. To my surprise, it gain about 3mph more with the body on. 

spacer.png

I last heard the police are looking for the driver doing 37 in a school zone.