Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Finally, got joints working, and was able to get the shocks in...

ogWnoWD.jpg

Steering and suspension works in the model. I may need a body shell and a driver figure now :-)

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, silvertriple said:

ogWnoWD.jpg

Steering and suspension works in the model. I may need a body shell and a driver figure now :-)

Great work. You DEFINETELY need a shell and driver figure ;) 

11 minutes ago, silvertriple said:

ogWnoWD.jpg

So much talent!!!    Sky is the limit.  :D 

Today I reunited with my Big Boss after a few months away, and took it out for a stretch. Between the melting snow and the pouring rain it was quite a wet run!

20220319-205444.jpg

20220319-205409.jpg

Screenshot-20220319-204831-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20220319-205107-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20220319-204645-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20220319-204925-Video-Player.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Willy iine said:

IMG_2022-3-19-153106.jpg.b9e9a10d893c3081754d579b4018a059.jpg

IMG_2022-3-19-155307.jpg.1afcf771aaf103e4b84ad2b4354f412a.jpg

They are OK I guess.  A little let down to see there was no blister packaging inside the boxes 😂😂

Seriously though, beautifully done.  I really wish I had the kind of skill and patience you have here, your basic is my advanced course!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, silvertriple said:

ogWnoWD.jpg

Amazing work. You SO need body and driver now!

Your Europa is stunning @Ministrone!

• Like 1

Took apart my 2nd hand Manta Ray.  Fully disassemble and a good scrubE6B638F2-198E-472E-AAE7-6090FB15427F.jpeg.ae60af34b17ce7efff680bdf7aed9634.jpeg

no major damage in the gearbox73AC0C5E-A5DE-4C83-92A1-6E23CBA8AB80.jpeg.07fef7d8128b43bed1023afbe4a13c71.jpeg

the plastic washers were melted3BC0FA52-AA77-4417-BD67-C14F7A027D8E.jpeg.83514724cc4a049f65d959de28e27b86.jpeg9172295A-C40D-471E-B33B-48025D990F5A.jpeg.3e2d1e840118657d0b31140b244895cb.jpegEE1B7465-B035-42B5-B863-1024F53306ED.jpeg.bf870f897c2ecb5c995feffc3087c4b9.jpeg

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, tamiya3speed said:

They are OK I guess.  A little let down to see there was no blister packaging inside the boxes 😂😂

Seriously though, beautifully done.  I really wish I had the kind of skill and patience you have here, your basic is my advanced course!

Thanks!  I plan to do one for the Avante and will take a picture of the inside and slide a card inside the scale box to make it more realistic. 

Unfortunately I have another NIB SandScorcher, but kits are shrink wrapped in the USA and did not want to break the seal for this..! 

More progress on the Radio Shack x Tamiya!

Army 3

Army 3

Army 3

I got a hair or something on the shell when spraying so might need to sand and touch up or it might get covered by decals anyway. I need to wait for stickers to arrive and also going to paint the rims olive drab too.

Also tried some other wheels I recently picked up but I wish they were a bit wider:

Army 2

• Like 6

Leaning into the Kommandeurwagen/Volksrod feel i got when it was fully gray i decided to style the number plate on that and what the combo actually is, a Sand Scorcher TT02B.

NumPlate.jpg.bcaaa5fe198436d919cc042b5b42d89f.jpg

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, GeeWings said:

Army 3

Army 3

Army 3

I got a hair or something on the shell when spraying so might need to sand and touch up or it might get covered by decals anyway. I need to wait for stickers to arrive and also going to paint the rims olive drab too.

Also tried some other wheels I recently picked up but I wish they were a bit wider:

Army 2

Looks great. Is the plan for it to sit that low or is this just a mock up?

Second set of wheels look great

3 minutes ago, Nikko85 said:

Looks great. Is the plan for it to sit that low or is this just a mock up?

Second set of wheels look great

Thanks.

No, I want it higher and will need to raise it if I’m going to keep it on the GF01. I like how high it sits on its original chassis.

I like the second set of wheels too but they are terrible quality. That’s not a huge issue though as this won’t be taking a big bashing. I do wish they were a bit wider though so they better suited the comical set-up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GeeWings said:

Army 3

Army 3

Army 3

Army 2

2nd set much better.  Maybe raise the body a little higher 1/4” (5mm) to see how it looks 🤔

23 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Thanks to everyone for birthday wishes. Out to the Ideal Home Exhibition in London during the day then a Thai meal at the Giggling 🦑 tonight.

Tomorrow if weather holds may be a spray day🤞🏻

The Giggling Squid is a great choice, I had my 1st date with my wife there 6 years ago 💥

If you have a ‘Lemon Grass’ open near you, then they are well worth a try as well 👍

28 minutes ago, Frankster said:

2nd set much better.  Maybe raise the body a little higher 1/4” (5mm) to see how it looks 🤔

I still can’t decide on those wheels. I think I need to paint the rims to match the body shell.

I’m away for a few days now but will have a play with the body height, etc next weekend. 

• Like 1

On 3/19/2022 at 8:59 AM, Busdriver said:

Thanks to everyone for birthday wishes. Out to the Ideal Home Exhibition in London during the day then a Thai meal at the Giggling 🦑 tonight.

Tomorrow if weather holds may be a spray day🤞🏻

Me and the wife went to the ideal home exhibition about 3 years ago (2019) and excellent day out but just be careful mate if your purchasing! (Sorry only read this today so stable door horse bolted!) We had just did a total house renovation and right time right place we got free tickets so we thought win win? We needed new flooring and some kitchen furniture! The kitchen furniture never arrived and the company disappeared luckily we purchased them on a credit card so that eventually got refunded the flooring suppose to have a 25 year guarantee as I speak it's all splitting and cracking and you guessed it the company no longer exists so the cheapest quote I've got to repair and replace is the opposite side of £4,000 on top of the £2,500 for the rubbish that's already down (buy cheap buy twice?)........I got a chance of free tickets again this year........I declined!🤔

Finished off my sx2 not sure if I'm going to keep it because I'm getting a bit short of space but for now its going in the display cabinet and I did enjoy rebuilding it!

20220319_151439.jpg

• Like 5

Added a driver figure in the Nichimo Spirit FF CAD model... And start to think about reproducing the box art attitude...

efl5IaE.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

The Giggling Squid is a great choice, I had my 1st date with my wife there 6 years ago 💥

If you have a ‘Lemon Grass’ open near you, then they are well worth a try as well 👍

It was very good. Don’t know of a Lemon Grass though?

4 hours ago, moffman said:

Me and the wife went to the ideal home exhibition about 3 years ago (2019) and excellent day out but just be careful mate if your purchasing! (Sorry only read this today so stable door horse bolted!) We had just did a total house renovation and right time right place we got free tickets so we thought win win? We needed new flooring and some kitchen furniture! The kitchen furniture never arrived and the company disappeared luckily we purchased them on a credit card so that eventually got refunded the flooring suppose to have a 25 year guarantee as I speak it's all splitting and cracking and you guessed it the company no longer exists so the cheapest quote I've got to repair and replace is the opposite side of £4,000 on top of the £2,500 for the rubbish that's already down (buy cheap buy twice?)........I got a chance of free tickets again this year........I declined!🤔

We had a similar situation with a kitchen company we found at the IHE about 10 years ago. Absolute nightmare!!! So only looking and frankly most of what we saw was either ridiculous high end stuff or 💩. Not one single bit of bbq stuff in the whole show

• Sad 1

Not been my best day today - its been the first weekend all year where ive had the chance to spray a body so started masking a spraying the Lotus GT1 from build thread.

The Kyosho window masks werent great - they wernt an adhesive masking paper type like Tamiya ones, they were plastic and creased very easily. Considering the curves of the body this was a little bit trying.

Firstly applied the masking for the black areas then gave it several coats of black for the sides and front bumper. Then took off the masking tape, cleaned off the masking tape residue with body cleaner then ready for the yellow.

This is where it hasnt gone great.

PS6 yellow has got to be one the worst paint manufactured in the history of paints in its current form. I used almost a whole can to try and get some colour into it and then backed with a couple of coats of PS19 Camel yellow to try and give it some more body. But no, its still that same sickly semi translucent green excuse for yellow it was last year when I painted the Promarkt Merc. Backed with white, then silver but made sod all difference.

Maybe it doesnt look too bad in the photos but I dont particularly like it.

spacer.png

Camel yellow is too orangey on its own so I was hoping it would make it end up the finished yellow i wanted it to be, but nowhere near.

Also it seems that some of the black had managed to get through the masking and can be seen under the yellow, even though I went over it with the body cleaner must have missed a couple of areas. No decal to cover it either.

spacer.png

I think in the future im never going to buy a shell that has a yellow paint job if PS6 is the best there is.

• Sad 3