Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 3/20/2022 at 9:03 PM, moffman said:

Me and the wife went to the ideal home exhibition about 3 years ago (2019) and excellent day out but just be careful mate if your purchasing! (Sorry only read this today so stable door horse bolted!) We had just did a total house renovation and right time right place we got free tickets so we thought win win? We needed new flooring and some kitchen furniture! The kitchen furniture never arrived and the company disappeared luckily we purchased them on a credit card so that eventually got refunded the flooring suppose to have a 25 year guarantee as I speak it's all splitting and cracking and you guessed it the company no longer exists so the cheapest quote I've got to repair and replace is the opposite side of £4,000 on top of the £2,500 for the rubbish that's already down (buy cheap buy twice?)........I got a chance of free tickets again this year........I declined!🤔

So the building industry in the UK is as bad as Australia then? Did we inherit it from you or have you inherited our industry?

@Nicadraus Nice!  A huge milestone indeed.  

Yesterday I shook hands for the first time in like 2+ years!  :D   (I was at my car dealership to get a recall service done on my daily driver).  

Slowly but surely we are making a come back!! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

@Nicadraus Nice!  A huge milestone indeed.  

Yesterday I shook hands for the first time in like 2+ years!  :D   (I was at my car dealership to get a recall service done on my daily driver).  

Slowly but surely we are making a come back!! 

Thank you! Glad to hear such good news from you too. :)

• Like 1

I tightened my slipping diffs and had a play with no-jump garden stance.

y4mhCSlJkaJUWi8xJcy9_ERF1Yio3zIcqgLM4qvi

The gills are a reflection from a radiator on the opposite wall, but they've given me an idea.

• Like 9

Nothing rc related but just bought a new jet washer (karcher) it was on special offer with free patio cleaner equipment for under £100 after my old one started to leak water badly and not economically worth fixing! Spot the mistake when I was looking at the instructions trying to work out now the patio cleaner works?🤨

20220322_104540.jpg

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, moffman said:

Nothing rc related but just bought a new jet washer (karcher) it was on special offer with free patio cleaner equipment for under £100 after my old one started to leak water badly and not economically worth fixing! Spot the mistake when I was looking at the instructions trying to work out now the patio cleaner works?🤨

20220322_104540.jpg

Doesn't UK mean Ukrainian? English is usually referred to as (EN). Unless I've missed something else on there?

• Like 1

Hi guys, I've been off the forum for over a week due to some difficult stuff going on in my personal life, only managed to pop in briefly over the weekend and posted on a couple of threads. Looks like I have many pages of this thread to catch up on and see what you guys have been up to!:)

However, I have been creating a new custom shelled buggy and finished it this evening, more to come on my DT-02 build thread which is proper out of date now so I need to do some staggered updates on that when I get time...

4rEFTAj.jpeg

Right I'm off to start on my catching up, most of which will probably have to be done tomorrow now...

• Like 7

Hey good to see you back, @Kol__!   Nice looking car you got there!   Looking forward to more pictures.  :D 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, c64orinoco said:

So the building industry in the UK is as bad as Australia then? Did we inherit it from you or have you inherited our industry?

They sent you their convicts so you returned the favour with the building industry?

(Sorry, kiwi, couldn't resist a burn on both our 2 closest cousins!)

• Haha 3

My buddy from Melbourne says, “Australia is just the convicted.  The real criminals are still back in Britain.” 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, toyolien said:

Doesn't UK mean Ukrainian? English is usually referred to as (EN). Unless I've missed something else on there?

I did think that aswell but but there is a UKRN in the instructions which I thought was Ukraine? And no GB?

2 hours ago, SupraChrgd82 said:

My buddy from Melbourne says, “Australia is just the convicted.  The real criminals are still back in Britain.” 

Australia is the ones who were stupid enough to get caught. You know, got caught stealing an apple.

2 hours ago, SupraChrgd82 said:

Running the show…

26 minutes ago, moffman said:

I did think that aswell but but there is a UKRN in the instructions which I thought was Ukraine? And no GB?

How odd. Better get typing it into google translate then :o)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, toyolien said:

How odd. Better get typing it into google translate then :o)

I think the odd thing about it is as a man I obviously don't look at the instructions but I genuinely didn't have a clue how certain parts went together?......and over the years I've built hundreds of rc cars  including the cat xls! surely that alone qualifies me to know how to put a jet washer together??? 

1 hour ago, moffman said:

including the cat xls! 

This alone gives you qualification! :D

• Haha 1

while cleaning my shed and looking for 1.1 car oil ready for a service i came across this motor tin that i brought back in the early 90's for my top-force.

i have been searching for this for a few years and i had hoped the motor was in their but no luck hopefully i will come across it one day but the can will due until them:)

IMG_20220323_133441.jpg

IMG_20220323_133450.jpg

IMG_20220323_133528.jpg

13 hours ago, Kol__ said:

Hi guys, I've been off the forum for over a week due to some difficult stuff going on in my personal life, only managed to pop in briefly over the weekend and posted on a couple of threads. Looks like I have many pages of this thread to catch up on and see what you guys have been up to!:)

However, I have been creating a new custom shelled buggy and finished it this evening, more to come on my DT-02 build thread which is proper out of date now so I need to do some staggered updates on that when I get time...

4rEFTAj.jpeg

Right I'm off to start on my catching up, most of which will probably have to be done tomorrow now...

just when i was convinced that i would keep the TD4 and not get a DT02 project i see this..... looks great bud.

• Like 1

Can the Egress dampers fit the DT02 above?   

For me, too much cow dookie going on this morning no thanks to my younger teen, I missed my chance to work on RC before work.. so hopefully after a few meetings this morning I can get back as I am WFH today.  The softy school system is ruining young kids' perseverance.. :angry:  But that's another discussion for another day at a different site.  :lol:   

I'm going to see if I can brainstorm a few ideas on how to make that rolling oil drain pan out of plasti-cards... hummm... 

E0F9EFC5-63FA-473C-96C7-A0707190EC37.jpeg.e2da772ab81741769aa8fc7379cd75ac.jpeg

picked this up today.  Need a chassis now.  

considering Tamiya M05 ver 2 Pro or 3Racing Sakura M4 pro.  I can’t find Tamiya M-Four for a reasonable price. 

Anyone have other recommendations?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frankster said:

E0F9EFC5-63FA-473C-96C7-A0707190EC37.jpeg.e2da772ab81741769aa8fc7379cd75ac.jpeg

picked this up today.  Need a chassis now.  

considering Tamiya M05 ver 2 Pro or 3Racing Sakura M4 pro.  I can’t find Tamiya M-Four for a reasonable price. 

Anyone have other recommendations?

Nice grab.  If you're serious, (and not doing any TCS races) I would search for a TOP Racing Sabre Mini.. either FWD or 4WD.. they are my #1 m-chassis to date.  

IMG_May182021at60545AM.jpg.d695b6bce07064489d76cee197ff1f49.jpg

IMG_May152021at110506AM.thumb.jpg.b1168fc1812a76b6e6ada9a9f67dee33.jpg

• Like 2

Finished another one! My TA03F-Pro David Jun restoration / rebuild is done :)

spacer.png

Then tweaked slightly with different rims and matching springs for the CLK-AMG bodyshell

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 8