Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Today ive built a Grasshopper chassi with a torque tuned 540, front double wishbones suspension, hornet style rear suspension with center gearbox brace and modified it to fit my 2s 5000mah batteries.

Now i need to fit a beetle shell on it :)

IMG_20220423_175120.thumb.jpg.6780201c61f37edd792db4013b161766.jpg

• Like 6

Today I replaced the broken Diff from my Son‘s Abshima… and we went for a Session.

hard to choose my Weapon today :-)

But bc I adjusted the Springs lately from my Bugsy…I had to take him for a Testrun

AF36CC25-0F90-4881-A1F5-6CBF30F37474.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

And made him fly again… such a fun car

3C4D0B63-245E-48D5-9391-8814EC080678.jpeg

• Like 10

Bought a used Wild One today, price seems ok will be interesting to see what it is like in the flesh.

Hopefully not so pretty that I won’t use it, but not ragged or ruined either 😂

This is my 5th WO, but this is the 1st one that is not perfect so I’ll use this it and enjoy it in our back garden. 

• Like 5

I finally finished my “bargain” DT03 Neo Fighter and took it out for its maiden run. I’m really pleased with results considering it a buggy I’d never really fancied before.

8B27D3AA-34F7-468B-BBC0-DB4493BC6FE3.jpeg

• Like 10

That looks great, @Ministrone!!   I think I know what you mean.. I built a DT02 several weeks ago with some minor upgrades and simple color scheme and it totally transformed the car.  

So Willy's drill press is done.  I hope I make @Badcrumble proud!   Thanks again for the idea!  :D 

IMG_2022-4-23-153106.jpg.ca1615c76faedaa77cd4e89099b8e91b.jpg

More pictures in the galleries only thread.  Please check it out if you have time.  B)

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

649BD698-67F8-4E5E-A16B-A4A0C88F726F.thumb.jpeg.5a407709cd2e64e4fa0303f1c49a8b24.jpeg

Just like the messed up F1 body, started to fix this one. Wonder where this is going... :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ImALlama said:

649BD698-67F8-4E5E-A16B-A4A0C88F726F.thumb.jpeg.5a407709cd2e64e4fa0303f1c49a8b24.jpeg

Just like the messed up F1 body, started to fix this one. Wonder where this is going... :lol:

Billy's getting another car?   Awesome!!  :D 

16 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Billy's getting another car?   Awesome!!  :D 

You know it lol :D

• Haha 1

It really is superb, @Willy iine. If you're at a loose end, I really think you should do a full 1:10 version of your 1:1 garage.

Of you haven't the space in your RC room, it could always live in the garage!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

It really is superb, @Willy iine. If you're at a loose end, I really think you should do a full 1:10 version of your 1:1 garage.

Of you haven't the space in your RC room, it could always live in the garage!

Thanks.  My 1:1 garage is pretty big so even a 1:10 would be pretty huge.. :blink: 

I definitely need bigger space for Willly's Beetle display however..!  Thanks again.  

• Like 1

Day 2 of the Peroxide bath on the front steering knuckles, it's not working as much as I'd hoped, I might have to add some hot water, I'm thinking.

Everyone else I've seen do this got pearly white results.  

Took my OG Monster Beetle out for a gentle spin on the lawn today. It had been sitting too long on the shelf and was calling out to me :D.

Got this one years ago from a TC member located in Greece who told me at the time it had come from the USA where it had been built and the body lost during a house move with the original owner/builder so was barely used at all. So it's well traveled internationally to now stay put with me in New Zealand.

I recieved it with another OG body and OG decals and restored it but had only driven it once until today as it was missing the motor mount and proper pinion gear. Recently scored those so she is up and working again B). Great car and looks so iconic on the move. Happy days :D....

Kurt

20220424_121329.jpg

• Like 8

Beetle shell now mounts onto Grasshopper chassi.

ShellonHopper.thumb.jpg.b79c6af4302c4375fd962df648792478.jpg

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Ziddan said:

Today ive built a Grasshopper chassi with a torque tuned 540, front double wishbones suspension, hornet style rear suspension with center gearbox brace and modified it to fit my 2s 5000mah batteries.

Now i need to fit a beetle shell on it :)

IMG_20220423_175120.thumb.jpg.6780201c61f37edd792db4013b161766.jpg

Any build page?   Interested in seeing how you completed a double wishbone for a grasshopper 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frankster said:

Any build page?   Interested in seeing how you completed a double wishbone for a grasshopper 

There’s a Paramount conversion on eBay right now.  The other bolt-on option is offered by Ampro on Shapeways.

6 hours ago, Ministrone said:

I finally finished my “bargain” DT03 Neo Fighter and took it out for its maiden run. I’m really pleased with results considering it a buggy I’d never really fancied before.

8B27D3AA-34F7-468B-BBC0-DB4493BC6FE3.jpeg

Looking good there, mate! I love the color scheme on this buggy 👌👍

6 hours ago, Willy iine said:

IMG_2022-4-23-153106.jpg.ca1615c76faedaa77cd4e89099b8e91b.jpg

That turned out superb 👍 so much talent there Willy iine! 😁

Today I had a crack at the new Racing by Post track, and also spent a few hours working on my Delta's cockpit. It is pretty time consuming! So many hours of painting put in already, and still so much left to do. I'd like to achieve a good result, but it's taking me forever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Ferruz said:

That turned out superb 👍 so much talent there Willy iine! 😁

Today I had a crack at the new Racing by Post track, and also spent a few hours working on my Delta's cockpit. It is pretty time consuming! So many hours of painting put in already, and still so much left to do. I'd like to achieve a good result, but it's taking me forever.

Thanks, Ferruz!

Yeah, patience wins at the end.  GL with the Delta's cockpit!  Looking forward to how it turns out.  :D 

Step one of the CC02 Unimog body complete.

4jvXMbO.jpg

Painting the grille did not go well.  I had the Merc symbol masked and sprayed the rest with PS paint.  I quickly realized that it was a mistake not to use a primer.  So I did my best to wipe it clean and now I'll either just use the stickers or look into doing it all in black.

I used a little Tamiya polycarbonate body cleaner to see if it would lift the remaining paint, but it also started to clean off the chrome.

wrTovj3.jpg

• Like 2

@Blista, the body is looking good mate. Sorry the grille didn't turn out for you.

You could always paint the grille satin black and hit the  Merc badge with a Molotow chrome pen? I've just discovered these pens and they really are awesome. I'm sure you'll get there.

Hopefully this is one of those situations where a mistake that gets corrected actually turns out looking better than what you initially planned...fingers crossed for ya.

Cheers

Kurt

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Frankster said:

Sure! Ive put pics and links over HERE. :)

On the way home from a weekend away at Phillip Island I made a quick stop to visit the guy I purchased a Super Clod and Hotshot from before Christmas.

I ended up leaving with these!…

52024531357_1264de623b_b.jpg

I wasn’t really in the market for them but the guy wanted rid of them and made too good an offer to walk away from ;) 

I’ve been interested in the CR01 in the past but really wanted to build my own. I don’t think I would actually use it.

Likewise the KongHead looks fun but I just don’t love the shell. It looks ok in pictures but pretty cheap in real life.

I reckon I will end up selling the F350 and maybe the CR01 and trying the KongHead for a bit. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Beetlemankurt said:

@Blista, the body is looking good mate. Sorry the grille didn't turn out for you.

You could always paint the grille satin black and hit the  Merc badge with a Molotow chrome pen? I've just discovered these pens and they really are awesome. I'm sure you'll get there.

Hopefully this is one of those situations where a mistake that gets corrected actually turns out looking better than what you initially planned...fingers crossed for ya.

Cheers

Kurt

Thanks.  I used up the last of a mostly empty can of paint on the shell, so I was happy to get that part of the painting done before running out.

I'm thinking I might strip all the grille chrome, paint it black and see if there's enough body colour paint left over to do the Merc symbol.

• Like 2

So real quickly I’m making a decorative trash can for Willy.  I won this EasterEgg last weekend when my wife hosted an indoor egg hunt.. it had cash inside and won like over $80. :lol:

Anyway, I didn’t really care about the cash because I’ll be buying my wife and kids supper later on to return the favor for the fun event.. which will probably require me to pitch in a little more cash anyway.. but the critical egg I got with the cash, now that has value to me being a building dork.  :D  

IMG_2022-4-24-093946.jpg.cd16f0e5687b466c65af27a65d9a31ac.jpg

IMG_2022-4-24-094005.jpg.39bb2260f0eb3bad0c45d80850b8dabf.jpg

IMG_2022-4-24-094013.jpg.dcc7413f5a01348091a8e7d68e6d6d0f.jpg

IMG_2022-4-24-094027.jpg.10b72154a5640352b38adb4406bebf48.jpg

IMG_2022-4-24-094041.jpg.1694755c72e7f0bc1c2517ed90483f1f.jpg

Will look like this.. well, at least I hope.. :ph34r:

IMG_Oct172021at103711AM.jpg.571cfadc9ea31cf44981f8a9008f3438.jpg

Update.. Will give it some paint in a few hours.  :D 

IMG_2022-4-24-110112.jpg.9c37cd3d49d2f85ed5a2a675122358dc.jpg

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1