Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Today I had to replace my Tamyia ESC 04SR from my Bugsy.

Went to the Skatepark yesterday to test new Spring/Oil Setup and the reduced Bump-Steering. Setup is amazing! 
i had such a good time, I forgot how sensitiv the Tamiya ESC reacts to water… there were some small puddles in the Park… so all sudden no more throttle….

still had an old ESC 02 at home… so its all set up again! But honestly - I hate electics!

I tried to reset the damaged ESC 04SR… programmed everything…but no!

any experiences with this?

On we go with the Stadium Blitzer. White. Silver backing. Black backing:

1652031924615.jpg.0fd0022d2d453400ceabe9625441dd4a.jpg

Remove protecting film:

1652031959083.jpg.331c03c82046b2dfbe43e594de44442e.jpg

Yikes. This thing is white. Would probably use something like Pearl White if I ever do it again. But the decals will make for a huge improvement I guess.

1652031991471.jpg.70b2ce05c6595374f3118d74f46d88d1.jpg

Next trimming the body and applying the decals.

• Like 9

My dad, @Quincy and I had great day in the sand pit. It was cloudy, but dry weather. I ran my Boomerang and it held its position against the carbon-chassis-DF-01s.

It was a lot of fun:

ae7f0038-772f-408c-8lhjti.jpeg

6dea9750-6579-4ce3-99zjwf.jpeg

ebeb5750-3a67-49fe-8awkpl.jpeg

8485d894-fbaf-4be7-azdjxw.jpeg

486f2edd-23ad-4085-9x6jsy.jpeg

A short video will follow soon.

• Like 13

Because it was probably the first weekend with the weather good and spare time for me to do a bit of rc tinkering I decided to see if my vintage brushed motors I've been cleaning would perform as they should?  and overall they didn't disappoint apart from the dynatech 01 felt as if it was holding back a bit the technigold in the avante was just a bit quicker than it and it shouldn't be really?

20220508_135202.jpg

• Like 8

21 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Sounds good.  Have you considered installing a secondary servo saver horn?  Would it help the situation?  

The servo saver is two piece.

They make a metal replacement,  but it is $$.

@moffman I am so jelly of your DynaTech motors!!  :D  

Wish Tamiya would do a revival..  I still have my lathe so I can cut them.

8 hours ago, Frankster said:

Great starter buggy.  Must have is ball bearing and glue for the tires to the rims. 

I bought bearings for it as well, I got a sport tuned motor and FlySky tx and rx , so excited I forgot to mention it.

For me, besides ordering a few RC bits, no RC today.  Today was 1:1 hobby car day as we finally got good weather.  

Happy Mother's Day to all you mom's!  :D    My older son has been pampering mom all day today (as he should).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jeepy2013 said:

Steering servo upgrade for "Old Squeaky". Amazon 25kg servo and I made a longer servo horn to assist with more steering throw. Dialed it in by taking out some L/R EPA.spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

@Jeepy2013 what truck is this?

11 hours ago, Jeepy2013 said:

Steering servo upgrade for "Old Squeaky". Amazon 25kg servo and I made a longer servo horn to assist with more steering throw. Dialed it in by taking out some L/R EPA.spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

@Jeepy2013 what truck is this?

I got the bulk of my collection out of house moving storage at my mom’s place. 
I still have a couple of nitros, a vintage stampede and my FAV in long term storage elsewhere , but I can hopefully charge up and play soon 

9 hours ago, Dakratfink said:

I got the bulk of my collection out of house moving storage at my mom’s place. 
I still have a couple of nitros, a vintage stampede and my FAV in long term storage elsewhere , but I can hopefully charge up and play soon 

Are you making an RC man cave at your place?  :D  Please post pictures when done (or progress). 

1 hour ago, Jeepy2013 said:

A old Clodbuster

spacer.png

Nice.  Is it a single servo which steers both front and rear axles?

3 minutes ago, Frankster said:

Nice.  Is it a single servo which steers both front and rear axles?

Yes, that is the stock kit setup, There are aftermarket kits that let you run a axle mounted servo for each end or bumper mounted servos. Lot's of options for these.

Finished the video today:

Enjoy!

• Like 3

Finally finished the stickers on my 911 RSR.

IMG_20220509_154123 IMG_20220509_154211 IMG_20220509_153935

I just need to finish the wheels and build the CVAs that arrived today then it's done......

I've got a rally interior but I think after painting the wheels I'm taking a rest from painting for a bit. Anyway, I think I over did the smoke on the windows to really appreciate an interior.

KP

• Like 11

Super simple mod, but wanted to 'complete' my Evo.  Not sure why Tamiya cheaped out here.. :wacko:

IMG_2022-5-9-140445.jpg.d93189e31e6ded774cc9a782f11499f3.jpg

Aluminum hex hub 6mm.   :D 

• Like 10

QQU5veb.jpeg

Some very thinly cut vinyl to start to complete the 1/14 clod. I know it's not the Chevy body, but working with what I have got. Sitting on a lengthend GF01 chassis, it's quite close to scale size.

Will get a black servo horn and colour the servo black. Looking ok for now.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Super simple mod, but wanted to 'complete' my Evo.  Not sure why Tamiya cheaped out here.. :wacko:

Yeah, you'd expect to have metal on a model as expensive as the Top Force mate. The 2WD Racing Fighter I built came with plastic hexes on the rear, I hurriedly swapped them out for metal;) Almost as much of a must as bearings I reckon

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

Yeah, you'd expect to have metal on a model as expensive as the Top Force mate. The 2WD Racing Fighter I built came with plastic hexes on the rear, I hurriedly swapped them out for metal;) Almost as much of a must as bearings I reckon

Yeah, since I like this set I ordered another set.  This should come with all higher end models, imho!  

I'm going to do a pair on my Sand Viper as well now that I got proper CVD's for it.  :D 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

I'm going to do a pair on my Sand Viper as well now that I got proper CVD's for it.  :D 

Uh-oh!... I've got the DF-02 universals and gearbox out drives to fit to my Team Azarashi DT-02 (which I haven't got around to doing yet as I also need to replace the gear box internals - got a set of the lightweight gear shafts on their way from PJ, so waiting for those before I do the job), but I don't think I've got a set of the metal hexes:rolleyes:

I'm now torn between suggesting that you pay for mine Willy for reminding me of this quandary... or my paying for yours for reminding me of this quandary!:lol: 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

Uh-oh!... I've got the DF-02 universals and gearbox out drives to fit to my Team Azarashi DT-02 (which I haven't got around to doing yet as I also need to replace the gear box internals - got a set of the lightweight gear shafts on their way from PJ, so waiting for those before I do the job), but I don't think I've got a set of the metal hexes:rolleyes:

I'm now torn between suggesting that you pay for mine Willy for reminding me of this quandary... or my paying for yours for reminding me of this quandary!:lol: 

Huh, do I need to change something on my DT02 to make these fit?   I got the TAM53791.. I was just going to slap them on maybe later tonight in hopes they are a drop-in replacement.  :D 

I bought a 2nd pair to run on my 2018 SuperAstute as well.. with the 3mm width bearings (5X11X3).

I also got the EVO wire wing mounts coming to me maybe tomorrow for the DT02..  want to raise the wing a tad.   I'm just going to make the lower mount out of plasticard.

28 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Huh, do I need to change something on my DT02 to make these fit?  

Lol, sorry no, I mean that I need to change my gearbox internals as bought 2nd hand and there's some horrible clicking coming from the diff!:rolleyes:

Nice, the wing mount is a nice mod, keep us postedB)

• Thanks 1