Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I opened up my SuperAstute kit and checked out the rear axle and hex hub with splines to see what the thickness hub I should be running.  The hex hub appears to be wider than 6mm maybe.  Not sure, will see how the 5mm TRF ones fit with the wheels.  

I am still missing a few hookups, but might start the build later in the week.  :D 

IMG_2022-5-9-185035.jpg.b1aecff823833bf3a7e9e141c7d9879d.jpg

IMG_2022-5-9-185102.jpg.ea25648cdb9cbf2e2cbb89b13b1ca6c2.jpg

• Like 6

Ordered more radio gear - to use the Sanwa with the Frog and other models.

I'm a little shocked how loud the Hi Tech servo is, I guess I sorta expected it to be stealthy and quiet with bearings in it.

6 hours ago, Keracticus Pots said:

Finally finished the stickers on my 911 RSR.

IMG_20220509_154123 IMG_20220509_154211 IMG_20220509_153935

I just need to finish the wheels and build the CVAs that arrived today then it's done......

I've got a rally interior but I think after painting the wheels I'm taking a rest from painting for a bit. Anyway, I think I over did the smoke on the windows to really appreciate an interior.

KP

Looks amazing man! 

• Like 1

Just got shipping notice from MaxAmps.com   2 business days to build a custom pack, pretty cool.  Will be here Wednesday for test fitting :)

8 hours ago, Willy iine said:

I bought a 2nd pair to run on my 2018 SuperAstute as well.. with the 3mm width bearings (5X11X3).

I'm pleased to see the bearing Top Force driveshaft mod on another project.  Big props to @ThunderDragonCy for planting that seed initially..... I just migrated his idea over to Super Astute rear hubs.  It worked really well for me and the SA (2018) drivetrain is silky smooth and quiet.  You will not be disappointed !  Sometimes shimming some end float out of the slipper shaft is necessary but not always.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Willy iine said:

I opened up my SuperAstute kit and checked out the rear axle and hex hub with splines to see what the thickness hub I should be running.  The hex hub appears to be wider than 6mm maybe.  Not sure, will see how the 5mm TRF ones fit with the wheels.  

I am still missing a few hookups, but might start the build later in the week.  :D 

I used parts number 9805337 for my hex hubs which (I think are the actual upgrade for the king cab and quite a few other tamiya's.....don't quote though?) I built my one when it was first released and it has the planetary gears which I think is kinda cool I know a lot of people are not fond of it but as a fan of different types of building experiences it think its pretty quirky 

20210425_111839.jpg

• Like 12

@Thommo Thanks for the info.   I was looking at the drivetrain yesterday and thought maybe I should build per the instructions, but then I’m already planning to run 3rd party CF deck, turnbuckles, non-box art, etc etc so decided I should just go with the DT02 universals.  :D 

I am hoping the Avante driver fits in the cockpit.  I plan to use the window decals as masks as I did on the SandViper.  

@moffman.. as always, beautiful car you got there!!!  I don’t mind the planetary diffs either, I like the uniqueness.  Thus I stopped for a moment asking myself whether I should run the factory wheel hex hubs with the splines..  hummm. but again I think I’m just going to do the universals this time.  Maybe someday I can find another NIB and make that one completely factory with box art.. 

• Like 1

On 5/9/2022 at 7:27 AM, Willy iine said:

Are you making an RC man cave at your place?  :D  Please post pictures when done (or progress). 

My wife has agreed on “Pop Culture and Kitsch” for the finished basement living space. So a nice nice compromise between “man cave” and “everyone can enjoy it “ living space.But RC cars and and Hot Wheels collection will have room to live and breathe.. there is an unfinished room off to the side of the den which has a built in steel and Formica workbench for a model car work space 

One the upstairs bedrooms is being allotted to “her” vintage sewing machine collection  so she is more than accommodating to good chunk of the 

image.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Dakratfink said:

My wife has agreed on “Pop Culture and Kitsch” for the finished basement living space. So a nice nice compromise between “man cave” and “everyone can enjoy it “ living space.But RC cars and and Hot Wheels collection will have room to live and breathe.. there is an unfinished room off to the side of the den which has a built in steel and Formica workbench for a model car work space 

One the upstairs bedrooms is being allotted to “her” vintage sewing machine collection  so she is more than accommodating to good chunk of the 

image.jpg

Very nice!   You get both a happy wife for her collection and model working space for your RC.  :D  Sounds like a win to me.  

On 5/10/2022 at 7:56 AM, Willy iine said:

the uncut polycarbonate body just looks phallic in that photo 🙄. Please keep TC a clean forum 😅

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Jeepy2013 said:

Replacing the Midnight Pumpkin's notorious broken axle springs.....

spacer.png

Oh yeah, on my CW01 it broke after a couple of nice jumps.  

I removed those springs and added a third coil spring in the middle using those pinion gear setup cups as spring seats.  Works great. 

IMG_Jul162021at24257PM.jpg.2eb3de0aa06d3e17987c9a3b74279455.jpg

@Frankster only you man, only you.  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Had my skive day day today managed to..get nothing RC related done. What a washout :(

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Had my skive day day today managed to..get nothing RC related done. What a washout :(

Sorry to hear Badcrumble.   :(  Hope you can make up the lost RC time later in the week.  

Today I am at the dealer to get my 2 yr old Forester Limited repaired under warranty.. hopefully they’ll figure out what is wrong soon so that I can go about my work day..  I did give them a couple of hints that I suspect the hood latch sensors is bad.   Car drives fine, but the app controlled remote start does not work (and engine auto start/stop) as I bet the hood latch sensor is not sending the signal the ECU needs.   My wife is the primary user so I want to make sure the car is in tip top shape.  

Update.. it was a bad hood latch sensor and the car got the new revised one so this fault will not happen ever again!  .. until it happens again.  :lol:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dakratfink said:

image.jpg

Isn't it amazing what people love to collect:wub: I bet everyone of those machines can tell a life time of stories? that dark one in the background looks very stylish just looking at the top of it!, My mum (god rest her soul) before she became a doctor she was a seamstress and made all kinds of wedding dresses and bridesmaids dresses in our spare room with an array of machines like these! 

• Like 1

Finally made these long overdue stands for my DT02 and Evo.  Letting the glue dry.  :D   Once dry I will matte black the gray foam on the ends to hide it.  

The long one is for the Evo.  

IMG_2022-5-10-185641.jpg.2f55e456aeec0184009bc6a65044011a.jpg

• Like 2

Today, before work i recieved two pairs of oil shocks.

I filled these with som tamiya yellow (soft?) oil i had left over from one of the kits.

One pair bolted straight to the back of my Sand Hopper, for the front i designed a mount that should bolt onto the tub front spring mounts to allow mounting of the oil shock.

Started the print before heading off to work so hopefully it will have finished properly gfor when i get back home.

• Like 3

I am working on making an adapter to make the wire wing mount fit in the DT02.  :D 

IMG_2022-5-11-081215.jpg.e2d8e3705aa99164d0ca3d55bacd1bd3.jpg

Here is the wing mount side.. 

IMG_2022-5-11-085308.jpg.3e6c0b8b490500b3651ac3cfd011d6fd.jpg

Update.. will make a few adjustments and paint it black.  Test fit passed..  Wing needs a bit more forward angle. 

Update:  Painted the parts matte black.. shall finish later today. :D 

IMG_2022-5-11-111454.jpg.f1b8f047657e212a1237cb59ac8d3235.jpg

Final update.. completed the install.   I love the look.  :D   Special thanks to @Kol__ again for the idea.  

More pictures in the galleries only thread if interested.   Thanks. 

IMG_2022-5-11-153602.jpg.9401e8a9de4abd7caa98b5e5dd08c90c.jpg

• Like 10

On 5/10/2022 at 10:12 AM, Dakratfink said:

image.jpg

18 hours ago, moffman said:

that dark one in the background looks very stylish just looking at the top of it!, 

It could be from around 1900 or so.  Several years ago I was helping my wife with cleaning out her grandmothers place after she passed, and she had one similar, with the table they usually come attached to.  Hers was odd because I couldn't find a manufacturer name on it anywhere.  All the sites online detailing these didn't have the exact one grandma did.  They are all very similar, but have unique details.  It sounds like every company had their own design, and grandmas was a generic one likely from Sears.

I finished the chassis - programmed the ESC, set EPAs and soldered the battery connector. Will likely trim and paint  the Cliffhanger body over the weekend.

• Vanquish VS4-10 chassis
  • Axial AR45 standard axles
  • Element transmission (12% overdrive)
  • Castle Copperhead, 2240kv motor
  • Axial 90mm dampers
  • Savox SW-1210SG-BE
  • Proline Hyrax Predator tires

0B02A733-60CF-45B7-AD2D-1CF5D05A6881.jpeg

0AA8C6BC-BDD6-4E2E-92C1-A8A78BD3505C.jpeg

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Final update.. completed the install.   I love the look.  :D   Special thanks to @Kol__ again for the idea.  

More pictures in the galleries only thread if interested.   Thanks. 

IMG_2022-5-11-153602.jpg.9401e8a9de4abd7caa98b5e5dd08c90c.jpg

Nice work mate, looking badassB)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1