Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 hours ago, Juhunio said:

Now going to spend an hour or so on some final sanding and trimming the shell and then it will be time to paint!

spacer.png

Love the body. Send progress photo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Modifying some files for a project :)

Is a 380 with 10t pinion (leftover grasshopper motor) driving a 52t spur going to 17t driving a 52t to output (no diff) to 50-60ish mm diameter wheels reasonable?

Im still very new to this and think it seems similar enough to regular grasshopper gearing.

1IffLr9.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ferruz said:

This is how the car looks at this stage: since last time, I added panel lines, rear tow ring, wipers and cut the body posts. The missing Michelin decals along with others for the interior are on their way and should be here soon, and the driver cockpit is now almost done... exept for the roll bar. I probably won't resist and install it before it's done 😄

20220522-180544.jpg

20220522-180902.jpg

Kudos man, this is stunning 🤩 It’s a timeless livery, and you’ve nailed it 👏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That looks like it could be at the top of the hill at the Goodwood Festival of Speed @Ferruz. Looks lovely. Great that you aren't afraid to run it too.

• Thanks 1

@Ferruz 100% agree with the other comments. The Integrale looks perfect, lovely work!

Loving the Big Boss too, looks like lots of fun!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Nicadraus The Jimny looks so good and I think your move to 105mm works great. Lovely. Now, for the sake of my wallet, I need to pretend I never saw it ;)

• Haha 1

Nearly finished, just the shut lines to do and sort out the magnetic body posts. 

LCDOwiY.jpg

EUhCmV7.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, GeeWings said:

@Nicadraus The Jimny looks so good and I think your move to 105mm works great. Lovely. Now, for the sake of my wallet, I need to pretend I never saw it ;)

Thanks man! I think you need to sacrifice what's in that wallet to satisfy that urge. :lol:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Ferruz said:

Later on this afternoon I installed the windshield wipers, along with some home made sprinklers on the Delta shell.

Screenshot-20220522-200905-Gallery.jpg

This is how the car looks at this stage: since last time, I added panel lines, rear tow ring, wipers and cut the body posts. The missing Michelin decals along with others for the interior are on their way and should be here soon, and the driver cockpit is now almost done... exept for the roll bar. I probably won't resist and install it before it's done 😄

20220522-180544.jpg

20220522-180541.jpg

20220522-180902.jpg

20220522-181014.jpg

Awesome decal work

• Thanks 1

Work continues on the GF01 Clod tribute. The idea was to make a smaller Clod using the GF01 platform.

uiXGSok.jpg

I've noticed it looks a little odd without any shocks between the body and the wheels. This is because the GF01 has low down shocks attached to the lower arms. My question is, would I be able to add shocks to the upper arms instead?

I might be able to add near the upright/C hubs? I would need to find new mounting locations on the chassis, bit the GF01 has lots of weird bits sticking out. But I'm not sure of the geometry - is upper arm mounted shocks a thing? I've got very little experience with most RC cars, so have no idea on many basics! 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

@toyolien Shall I get one too?  :ph34r:

Up to you. Mine will get raced in a local vintage class 👍

• Like 1

Finished my Monster Beetle body today, never to be run ever! 😀, I have a Brat body for that.

9AEB29BA-F106-40CC-83A3-CACBBF1CAB4E.jpeg

B104A84C-5BC3-49C6-A824-20CF9F669A33.jpeg

• Like 6

I added a motorized dump bed to the heavy dump.

JKvTq8S.jpg

X19oqCL.jpg

Still need a few small part to finish this off, but very almost done. Oh, and painting the grill and exhaust. Should probably add some wheels, but what do I know...

Edit: oh and I sent @J@mes his portal axles! 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Willy iine said:

@toyolien Shall I get one too?  :ph34r:

Sure! @Willy iineGive Kyosho another try… still waiting for mine 🤓

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Doing a test print to check relative gear and motor positions, the parts will be assembled using m3s and spacers (like the lone one of the left).

If it works ill design an actual (gear) box to protect the parts and add mount points for attaching to a chassi.

xZhlUDQ.png

• Like 2

Got a bit worried, but DHL finally came and delivered my SuperAstute :D  They usually come in the morning, but came late afternoon.   

The top one is the new one.  I shall start the build tomorrow!  

IMG_2022-5-23-191725.jpg.a843009f30b496e6c305069d91a3c697.jpg

Still missing are the black DT02 wheels, so I think I’m going to start with the driver and body..

• Like 6

This is what I need to do every week before dry mopping my floor in the RC shop.. :ph34r:   as I am completely out of display space.. these cars are parked on the floor during  the week.. 

IMG_2022-5-23-193322.jpg.b9f99029b0b8f67028933e89e3f77d46.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Willy iine said:

This is what I need to do every week before dry mopping my floor in the RC shop.. :ph34r:   as I am completely out of display space.. these cars are parked on the floor during  the week.. 

IMG_2022-5-23-193322.jpg.b9f99029b0b8f67028933e89e3f77d46.jpg

Just let me know if you need help… I could take care of those beuaties 🤩

• Haha 2

First up today a bit of bling for the Mad Van, larger red body clips instead of the original tiny chrome one's to make life a bit easier removing the body. Just a side note, I do like the elongated hole Kyosho put in the posts.

Ta9FXXntSSbOh8bGPI8yA.md.jpg

Once the battery was charged it was off to the Beach to give it a good work out and some @Ferruz inspired photography 😉

The weather wasn't looking good early on and I drove through some torrential rain, but fortunately it cleared up for fantastic time. 

QWewgmRwS1WgXNdKRkSlQ.md.jpg

Oc5T91OOSrGECIg9RdBQ.md.jpg

IMG_2193.md.jpg

IMG_2402.md.jpg

(More photos in the RC Gallery!! sorry just can't help it once I start 🤣)

• Like 10

Today I've been drooling over @Re-Bugged's Mad Van. Looks so much fun on the sand! Great photos too.

• Like 1