Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 hours ago, Willy iine said:

I don’t know, but that looks like a wicked cool design right there.   Maybe just install super clean grill and lamps and might look good (?).   :D 

I gave that exact scenario some serious thought, since it did look pretty cool.  Toyed with using it as a "Lowrider Pumpkin" body on a M06... then I realized I didn't need another project, and had already let my daughter choose that body as hers.... so I just kept stripping paint and sanding...LOL.

• Like 2

So this morning started cutting the body.. will finish later tonight and work on cutting the wing tomorrow morning.  B)

IMG_2022-5-25-100820.jpg.b73c5cf2616f07b60922951ad8c0b946.jpg

Update.. Also placed order for the nicherotors 4WD Wheeler (City Turbo).  :D 

I think this is all for me this year as far as new chassis.  

Going to figure out my display situation next, then we can talk about adding more cars!  

Update.. Finished cutting the body and test fitted on SuperAstute #1.    :D 

IMG_2022-5-25-190005.jpg.f51742b24d4aba06c2f8091573033531.jpg

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 4

Finished the last couple of steps on the Super Astute rere, and got my VQS to here. Paint and clear shell arrived, so I might try my luck with the PS-cans tomorrow, weather permitting. 

C14DDE09-BC00-4276-B1CC-4C64417D462D.jpeg

• Like 5

Yes, baby steps but what can I do.. I am a working pops..  finished early morning house chores, got the wing cut this morning before work   :D 

Will hit it with some paint tomorrow.  

IMG_2022-5-26-081151.jpg.a8da9d8ee4ff200316bc4daa4f95379d.jpg

• Like 2

Finally got around to putting together some Yeah Racing shocks

52100593706_90fcd91646_b.jpg

and fitted them to my GF01

52101095290_04a36f2a46_b.jpg

And then cleaned the decals off the old Jumbo Van shell

52101095270_bddeae7a38_b.jpg

I’m hoping to get the electrics finished over the weekend and get it out for a test run.

• Like 6

@GeeWings Doing some van work? Sweet :D

Working on a van too, making a chassi for my left over lunchbox body:

lC879bf.png

Ive resized the free ursa van body to lunchbox dimensions, including crappily editing the wheel arches so i can use it for mocking up in 3d.

fknmPv4.png

The gearbox is printed and working, rear swing arms are done and currently printing.

Now im working on the rear upper shock mounts, got the rest of the chassi to do, its going to get some bracing going from the mid to the rear upper gearbox mount and the front end will probably re use the grasshopper wishbone design ive found.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GeeWings said:

Finally got around to putting together some Yeah Racing shocks

52100593706_90fcd91646_b.jpg

and fitted them to my GF01

52101095290_04a36f2a46_b.jpg

And then cleaned the decals off the old Jumbo Van shell

52101095270_bddeae7a38_b.jpg

I’m hoping to get the electrics finished over the weekend and get it out for a test run.

loving the arches :wub: home made? plus love the colour also

Made a little progress on the AMG GT3 shell. Painted the small black sections on the main body and did the wing parts and front light inserts while I was at it.

Then got the metallic red out and did the rear light inserts

Finally, cut myself some new masks to mask off the windows and light clusters on the outside of the shell when I spray it with flat clear

spacer.png

The weather has now turned rank (wet and humid) so no more painting today, fingers crossed it will cheer up tomorrow so I can do the main body colour over the weekend 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

GL @Juhunio!   Maybe you and I can finish painting our car bodies tomorrow.  :D 

I've got a large-ish work deadline tomorrow afternoon, so more likely the weekend for me. Weather looks good for Saturday B)

1 minute ago, Juhunio said:

I've got a large-ish work deadline tomorrow afternoon, so more likely the weekend for me. Weather looks good for Saturday B)

Yeah I can understand.    Tomorrow I am WFH so I will have some flexibility between meetings!  :D 

And 3 day weekend coming up.  

Too bad no word yet on arrival date for my black wheels.. 

1 minute ago, Juhunio said:

Yeah I can understand.    Tomorrow I am WFH so I will have some flexibility between meetings!  :D 

And 3 day weekend coming up.  

Too bad no word yet on arrival date for my black wheels.. 

I had my wisdom teeth pulled a couple hours ago.  I am... concious?  doing ok.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Glacial pace on the VQS today. Remembered I had some Avante racing steering sets, so decided to add one of those. Not sure if it’s a improvement over the VQS solution, but figured it was worth a try. 
Tomorrow there will be paint. 

FF33548A-0EFF-4DFE-B8C2-A3710661D1B3.jpeg

• Like 3

Finally got around to cleaning up my budget TT02 chassis after a bash in the rain. A week ago LOL.

20220525-183729.jpg

20220525-191115.jpg

20220525-213251.jpg

And added a few decals.

20220525-214746.jpg

20220525-214757.jpg

-RC Perspective

• Like 4

Still no actual RC activity in the 'crumble household (other than rediscovering my TB-01  when it fell  from its storage place high up in the garage) but I'm gearing up for some Monster Truck action next month. 

Pondering a build with my son in the summer hols - I have everything I need for an Agrios build and a discussion in the Monsters sub-forum has put me in mind of a paint scheme for Mummy's Monster Truck (it was always intended for Mrs BC).

Said scheme may be influenced by our recent wedding anniversary celebration - a cinema trip to see Top Gun: Maverick. But I may be over reaching yet again...

Edited by Badcrumble
White space
  • Like 5

Okay, decided I had enough for the day at the office and left early.. and so got the painting done.    I finally feel a sense of accomplishment for the day.  :D 

IMG_2022-5-26-184834.jpg.15b34793a2391d589df0dcf12cf823da.jpg

• Like 5

On 5/25/2022 at 8:40 PM, Nikko85 said:

Not my fault, my Tyco is safely on a QD buggy body!

ze0NAfK.jpeg

This still looks so good! Absolutely love it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ziddan said:

@GeeWings Doing some van work? Sweet :D

My van work is a bit more basic than yours ;)

I picked-up an old Tandy Mad Van. I'm using the shell with a GF01 chassis to make a kind of Kyosho Mad Van homage! Here it is when I first got it. The electrics were screwed and too many parts were missing but it was very cheap so happy just to take the shell. The wheels and tyres are cool so hope to reuse them on something else at a later date.

Screen Shot 2022-05-27 at 10.12.14 am

It will end up something like this:

Wide van

• Like 5

8 hours ago, topforcein said:

loving the arches :wub: home made? plus love the colour also

As in pics above I'm just using the shell as it came. It is pretty cool though.

As for colour; it looks great in that first pic I posted but is very plastic and lime in real life. I think I will repaint it.

I’ve kinda lost my way a bit with my Ford GT MK2, as it’s been sooooo long in between stints of being able to progress. It’s easily the trickiest body I’ve masked up with all the different angles and edges inside.

Still, had most of an uninterrupted day of masking and adding some silver to it, which feels good.

E66A3726-50D7-4937-ABD5-072C762BA19A.md.

• Like 8

My school reports used to say things like “Gareth finds it hard to keep focus”, “Gareth is easily distracted” or “Gareth is too easily led”.

Today I was messing around with my Mad Van homage build and before I knew it I was trying the shell on other chassis and playing with different rim and tyre combos.

In short; I’m now looking for another jumbo van body so that I can have one of these. Oops!

52102709424_95355f9553_b.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

I’ve kinda lost my way a bit with my Ford GT MK2, as it’s been sooooo long in between stints of being able to progress. It’s easily the trickiest body I’ve masked up with all the different angles and edges inside.

Still, had most of an uninterrupted day of masking and adding some silver to it, which feels good.

E66A3726-50D7-4937-ABD5-072C762BA19A.md.

Very clean!!! :D  Your masking skills are mad!! Very nice. 

My black SuperAstute looks like a blob of black!  :lol:  Well I guess it is what it is.. lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What do you guys think?  I’m borrowing the wing and chassis from my SuperAstute #1 so the sides of the wing will change later, but the overall layout.. 

IMG_2022-5-27-090710.jpg.c2410c250642757e4fcd26b1feccde9c.jpg

Pretty clean, right?  Basically same scheme without the wild pattern.  :D 

• Like 7