Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

@bRIBEGuy Wow, nice work.  In my case, anything that requires brains I wouldn't know where to start, so I would place masking tape over where the holes needs to go, mark them with a Sharpie, and then slap that tape on a random plasticard and drill away, cut away the outside borders..  :lol:

This is why my designs are wobbly. :ph34r:  Quite a contrast from your precision drawing and template..

IMG_2022-4-4-172557.jpg.b8926af2db3647279cfb9be0ecfa2974.jpg

Like those hood scoops I made for my City Turbo.. all glued together with hope.. :lol:

Hope is a good glue though - have it in my tollbox too 🤣

but love your Hood Scoops - looking forward to updates!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

@bRIBEGuy Wow, nice work.  In my case, anything that requires brains I wouldn't know where to start, so I would place masking tape over where the holes needs to go, mark them with a Sharpie, and then slap that tape on a random plasticard and drill away, cut away the outside borders..  :lol:

This is why my designs are wobbly. :ph34r:  Quite a contrast from your precision drawing and template..

Thanks @Willy iine, that's quite the compliment coming from you!

A precision template is no good 99% of the time if you don't know what you're doing, though.  Hence why most of my styrene work looks like an elementary school craft fair!  You might be making it up as you go, but your execution is some of the cleanest (and most creative) that I've seen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Tumbi said:

Hope is a good glue though - have it in my tollbox too 🤣

but love your Hood Scoops - looking forward to updates!

:lol:  Haha!!   Yeah, hope is my go-to tool!

Thanks!  I was working on a few projects on my 1:1 cars so I took a break from RC over the weekend.   However, last night and this morning I started sanding away the injection lines on the City Turbo body..  there was a gouged and distorted area on my body (maybe from shipping? not sure :blink:) so had to putty it up/re-shape and that slowed me down quite a bit.  

I plan to get the sanding done later today and I will work on getting some primer on the 3D parts maybe tomorrow! :D 

• Like 2

If anyone is interested, in the sales section I am selling my Bigwig and Manta Ray to make room for new projects 🙄

After cleaning and checking my Optima MID, I noticed a crack in the front Shox-Bridge 😳

994AB2B7-E9AE-41D4-8A79-8726B26E6BAB.thumb.jpeg.5a43c9acdb7debe92f62af7eac3cf45a.jpeg

New one ordered…

adjusted the belt, put some stickers on the original wheels… Super Happy with this one!

814EFC71-5DF9-4E37-B495-5BAB83956194.thumb.jpeg.e88eac94288d1e0955caccfd1d5cb3d3.jpeg

• Like 11

@Tumbi Do they sell CF towers you can replace with?   Car looks good with the side wall lettering. :D 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

@Tumbi Do they sell CF towers you can replace with?   Car looks good with the side wall lettering. :D 

@Willy iine yes…allready ordered new ones! Thx 🤓 was looking for some alloy one but didn‘t find nice ones yet!

And ai finally squeezed my driver in there…

A buggy needs a Driver 🤘🏼

BA8EF2E3-C7C5-4B02-9F2F-6D26B4FB330B.thumb.jpeg.bdf44b14ce5eca2897a3b61f4e9da05f.jpeg

0D2E8379-F13A-4EFE-9DF8-78ED63007097.thumb.jpeg.2cc0912107f33e5351eb97d357868d23.jpeg

8143F76C-CDFF-413F-A611-722E315A8216.thumb.jpeg.63e1d3f97fc40c01638b44e0b5220607.jpeg

• Like 10

@Coopz Hey I saw your Comical HS in the gallery-only thread!   Very cool.  I think this is the first time seeing someone post this car. 

I have a NIB displayed on my shelf in my pretend RC shop.   Mine is just a decoration at this point and plan to keep it sealed.   :D    Enjoy your car!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tumbi said:

A buggy needs a Driver 🤘🏼

YES ! 🤠🤘

Very well done!

• Thanks 1

Today I fit these new front tires on the RC10. Vintage lucky find at the LHS last week, they fit prefectly on the HPI wheels. At first it was weird to see these in place of the slightly larger ribbed ones, but for the purists it'll feel better to see some genuine period correct AE instead of the others that were Team Losi :ph34r: :lol:

20220606-213151.jpg

20220606-213125.jpg

I'm curious to try it out and see how they feel on an off road course.

• Like 11

8 hours ago, Yoshimitsu said:

Another Yaris shell begins...

52128178950_5b4cb43f5c_k.jpg

Enjoy the light stickers!!!!

48 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Enjoy the light stickers!!!!

Oh, I've bought apples from this cart before.🤷😁🤣🙏

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Yoshimitsu said:

They look really good if you get them right and with your experience I’m sure you’ll do a great job. 

9 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

They look really good if you get them right 

I've done one of these before.😉 Had to leave it a couple of years for the pain of the decals to diminish mind.

50925916293_76c911f536_k.jpg

50926606201_565b9d46c4_k.jpg

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Willy iine said:

@Coopz Hey I saw your Comical HS in the gallery-only thread!   Very cool.  I think this is the first time seeing someone post this car. 

I have a NIB displayed on my shelf in my pretend RC shop.   Mine is just a decoration at this point and plan to keep it sealed.   :D    Enjoy your car!

Thanks @Willy iine it’s a great little car. It’s my first 4x4 and is very much on the fun, wheelie/endo/roll-over end of the spectrum. I made it over the Easter holiday whist at the in-laws - it’s a lovely build.

It’s not fast but took it away last week and set up a track from the racing by post thread (think it was based on Monza) and got an enjoyable bottom 1/4 lap count.

So I have a fun car (which photographs really well) and a lovely box to look at 😉!

663FA1CA-B3FA-48D8-90C8-B2811FBDDF38.jpeg

3F0E29B8-B15A-4911-A1EA-2120E05A6D00.jpeg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Yoshimitsu said:

I've done one of these before.😉 Had to leave it a couple of years for the pain of the decals to diminish mind.

50925916293_76c911f536_k.jpg

50926606201_565b9d46c4_k.jpg

I’ve only done the M  chassis body and that was bad enough!!! 

9 hours ago, Ferruz said:

Today I fit these new front tires on the RC10. Vintage lucky find at the LHS last week, they fit prefectly on the HPI wheels. At first it was weird to see these in place of the slightly larger ribbed ones, but for the purists it'll feel better to see some genuine period correct AE instead of the others that were Team Losi :ph34r: :lol:

20220606-213151.jpg

20220606-213125.jpg

I'm curious to try it out and see how they feel on an off road course.

:wub: that RC10 @Ferruz

• Thanks 1

Today I have goggled and marvelled at the cockpit-showdown between @OoALEJOoO and @Ferruz in the ‘no words just pics thread’

image.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

18 hours ago, Yoshimitsu said:

You probably won't need it, but hope is a great tool!   :lol:  I use it all the time.  

For me, I finished sanding the City body yesterday and today I am going to place the decorative 3D parts on popsicle sticks and prime them.   One of the main chassis halves arrived damaged so Shapeways is reprinting it now free of charge.   So in the mean time, going to work on painting the body parts first.  :D 

Here are the parts that will try to get primed today.  :D   (sorry for the lamp reflection).. some sanding needed so it might take longer.. 

IMG_2022-6-7-085612.jpg.52e96e96b0238f8e13bef46886c793c3.jpg

I think the basic colors like red, silver, black can be sprayed in the same session.  

Update.. painted a bunch of little parts today.  :D 

IMG_2022-6-7-191207.jpg.895ef57ad1b3ac589f39c5ff9b88f323.jpg

Final picture for the day.. everyone likes side mirrors.  :D  well, I think..

IMG_2022-6-7-210646.jpg.9481f68abbac36e4ff48ef1eade10acf.jpg

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 5

Finished a bucket-list truck over the weekend. I'm a little irritated with how hard the side decals went down but I can live with the slit I had to put in the Stadium Thunder decal. Otherwise it came out pretty well I think.

*Not a re-re* :)

(I know the bed should be dark, but I bought a full can of flour yellow and doggoneit I'mna use it all!)

20220604_133604.jpg

20220604_133744.jpg

• Like 11

kANESoD.jpeg

Almost completed my GF01 monster truck conversion. Widened wheelbase by flipping rear arm, created new mount positions for shocks, which are now attached to upper arms for a more old school vertical appearance. 1/14 scale, lots of fun!

Need a way to extend the wheelie bar to make up for the longer wheelbase. Also need to cut the roll bar down a few mm and clear coat. And maybe add an Edgarmon and clear windows.

Body is a taiyo. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Unknown Driver said:

Finished a bucket-list truck over the weekend. I'm a little irritated with how hard the side decals went down but I can live with the slit I had to put in the Stadium Thunder decal. Otherwise it came out pretty well I think.

*Not a re-re* :)

(I know the bed should be dark, but I bought a full can of flour yellow and doggoneit I'mna use it all!)

20220604_133604.jpg

20220604_133744.jpg

Nice finish, however as it’s a Blitzer it won’t look like it for long!!!!They just beg to be ragged around in the dirt