Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 6/5/2022 at 7:42 PM, Coopz said:

Got back from holiday where we’d been running the grasshopper (a recent find from my teenage self 20 years ago) on the beach (even finding a dinosaur foot cast) stripped it and cleaned away the sand.

Worked out why it was cutting out (eventually it gave up - I assumed sand and seawater but found the yellow wire had come loose from the motor) and fixed it (re-resoldered).

Fitted new “urban” rubber.

And made my first post on the forum after a long time watching from the shaddows!

DDE3404D-D2D3-4055-AF75-4E46EB6C126D.jpeg

DA2FDC3A-C177-447E-92B9-9A47EB29E4EE.jpeg

0BD032CD-592D-4101-9935-9BECD3DBEFAC.jpeg

7B3D5C4C-B568-4E0D-A981-8C48CCAEC35D.jpeg

387A310D-60B7-4BA0-AFD4-818FBBC0179F.jpeg

Nice. Where is the beach? i am off to see a mate in Margate for a week soon. Need a weeks break. I care for my Dad with Dementia. I am taking my Bruiser, Egress and Top Force. Looking forward to some sandy fun :)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Nice finish, however as it’s a Blitzer it won’t look like it for long!!!!They just beg to be ragged around in the dirt

NOOOOO! Sorry man, there's NO way I'm taking that thing out in the dirt. All my builds are destined to be hangar queens. :)

• Haha 3

Today I unpack a lot of my cars and stuff that where in boxes for a half year or more, I am swapping rooms in the house, my 4 year old daughter  moved from a small room to my old hobby room and I moved to the top of the house that was my wifes hobby room, but we live in this house for  6 jears now and she always do here hobby's in the living room, so now it is become my room, there is still some stuff in there that is from my wife, and I have to paint the room white instead of this pink and yellow but that is a job for the winter, for now I have a place back to work on my cars.

I replaced the driveshafts on my wr-02, it had cvd's on it but the last time I drove it the wheels starting to bind, so  the pins of the cvd's had come out and dig into the rear hubs,  I have replaced the cvd's with dogbones and normal axles they are fine for this car, the cvd's need new pins and I am going to rebuild them and use them for the front of my new fire dragon that is on his way, going to grind a flat spot on the new pins so they stay in place.

52131602866_b3441a9432_c.jpg

52130581662_35e45f1b38_c.jpg

52131623598_5cb8802a50_c.jpg

• Like 12

Soldered some Castle Creations 6.5mm plugs onto some 8ga wire.  Which was exactly 0% fun.  The worst part, is now that they are on, it turn out they are the hardest plugs I have ever used to connect & disconnect.  Any they have no reverse polarity protection.  Still one more plug to do once I track down another matching 4S pack.....

20220605_201724-01.jpeg

• Like 2

Took my old BoLink Super Sport out of storage. The car saw not much driving time, but a lot of dust from a 3 year long renovation of our house.
So now after 18 years out of service the car gets a cleanup and a small restoration. With no suitable racetrack nearby, the chassis will become a shelf queen.

PSX_20220608_222011.jpg

• Like 3

14 hours ago, FoxShot said:

Nice. Where is the beach? i am off to see a mate in Margate for a week soon. Need a weeks break. I care for my Dad with Dementia. I am taking my Bruiser, Egress and Top Force. Looking forward to some sandy fun :)

We were on the Isle of Wight. The jump beech is the far end of Shanklin beech. The dinosaur foot cast is on a beech accessible from a carpark on the military road - what3words ///water.mills.provide.

It sounds like you’ve got a great week ahead of your with that garage line up. Dementia’s a really difficult illness, good on you for caring for your dad. Enjoy your very well earned break.

• Like 1

Took advantage of a lovely evening and empty carpark after work and set up round 24 of racing by post. Couldn’t get the grasshopper round corners 2-5 so it had to spectate the comical hotshot. Really fun circuit to drive.

2FB469A4-2FB1-424F-8A3C-E4B43EDF059F.jpeg

AFC0CBCA-28B1-438F-BF8B-708FCC0ACAD9.jpeg

• Like 5

Today not much… Still waiting for some parts to arrive and I ordered new wheels… cheap alloy wheels from china… lets see when (or may be „if“) they arrive 🤓

12E80D4D-1255-4E18-83ED-462D8D3779F9.thumb.jpeg.5f39aa726ca77e63f018dc041cdd5f09.jpeg

• Like 1

My progress is slow, but consistent.. I suppose?  :ph34r:

Painted the body (satin white) and 3D printed parts after some sanding.  Some as in like 4 hours.  :ph34r:   Still not perfectly smooth, but it looks fine so I  gave up.. :lol:   

IMG_2022-6-8-162227.jpg.e07321c1429eaa2b4d1b44ede1e7228a.jpg

Tonight going to test the storage voltages on my LiPo and maybe paint the dash and center console 3D pieces.   :D 

My replacement chassis half is finishing Day1 out of 3 today so by late next week I might be able to start the chassis.  

• Like 8

Talking of slow progress @Willy iine, I feel like I’m making a life time career out of my Ford GT MK2 body. Nearly there though, just the bonnet vents and window smoke to go now and that will be all the PS paint and masking finished for this one. Mrs Re-Bugged thinks it a bit Bat-mobile 🤣😂. A few stickers will hopefully change that.

7F6D0812-1ACE-47FE-B615-0D4E194DF2F1.md.

• Like 17

Wow, nice work @Re-Bugged!!   Dang.. 

This is why my car bodies all look like one blob of one boring color!   :D

..Hey everyone likes cool accessories.. I think.  The level of detail is crazy on these pieces by nicherotors!  Big thumbs up.  

IMG_2022-6-8-175710.jpg.8b27255f0f0520cd5e880a9c4a90fab6.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Re-Bugged said:

Talking of slow progress @Willy iine, I feel like I’m making a life time career out of my Ford GT MK2 body. Nearly there though, just the bonnet vents and window smoke to go now and that will be all the PS paint and masking finished for this one. Mrs Re-Bugged thinks it a bit Bat-mobile 🤣😂. A few stickers will hopefully change that.

7F6D0812-1ACE-47FE-B615-0D4E194DF2F1.md.

👍.  Looks a little like a Bugatti 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Yoshimitsu said:

Very cool! I was just about to post that! 

He mentions linking to your Instagram but I can’t see that he has…

20 hours ago, dannymulder said:

Today I unpack a lot of my cars and stuff that where in boxes for a half year or more, I am swapping rooms in the house, my 4 year old daughter  moved from a small room to my old hobby room and I moved to the top of the house that was my wifes hobby room, but we live in this house for  6 jears now and she always do here hobby's in the living room, so now it is become my room, there is still some stuff in there that is from my wife, and I have to paint the room white instead of this pink and yellow but that is a job for the winter, for now I have a place back to work on my cars.

I replaced the driveshafts on my wr-02, it had cvd's on it but the last time I drove it the wheels starting to bind, so  the pins of the cvd's had come out and dig into the rear hubs,  I have replaced the cvd's with dogbones and normal axles they are fine for this car, the cvd's need new pins and I am going to rebuild them and use them for the front of my new fire dragon that is on his way, going to grind a flat spot on the new pins so they stay in place.

52131602866_b3441a9432_c.jpg

52130581662_35e45f1b38_c.jpg

52131623598_5cb8802a50_c.jpg

I love the colours of your room! Too many modern houses (at least in Australia) are boring white or beige. It's great to see bright colours.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, c64orinoco said:

I love the colours of your room! Too many modern houses (at least in Australia) are boring white or beige. It's great to see bright colours.

That are the colors that my wife choose when it was her room, I am going to paint it another color, my old hobby room had a purple wall with sparkles in it, but the pink is going to be painted white  to give the room some more light it is a little to dark for my taste, maybe I paint the jellow some other color.

But I know what you are saying, the sleeping rooms and hobby rooms in the house have bright colors, only the living room is white, with a very light green on one wall to keep it a little serene.

5 minutes ago, dannymulder said:

That are the colors that my wife choose when it was her room, I am going to paint it another color, my old hobby room had a purple wall with sparkles in it, but the pink is going to be painted white  to give the room some more light it is a little to dark for my taste, maybe I paint the jellow some other color.

But I know what you are saying, the sleeping rooms and hobby rooms in the house have bright colors, only the living room is white, with a very light green on one wall to keep it a little serene.

I'm a child of the 70's and I grew up in a house that had bright colours on a lot of the walls - yellow in most rooms, my bedroom was a pale blue, which I repainted to a darker mid blue in my teens. Bright colours are much rarer nowdays. I'm an architect, so I get to see a lot of houses and the vast majority of them are boring beige. I like bright, bold colours.

1 hour ago, Yoshimitsu said:

52134012870_bb89467fee_k.jpg

Wow!  After news of being a minor celebrity back to another project 😂

congrats!

• Haha 1

Nothing RC for me this morning as I needed to take care of some honey-do's before the weekend..:blink:  but I am sure my wife will be happy so expecting more brownie points!  :D   

I completed my annual review last week at work and received a raise and bonus this week so I injected some juice into my RC fund.. not that there is any urge to get anything new.   I was thinking I could maybe lower the shelf my M38's are on by getting a new table top with shorter legs to give move visual clearance for the shelves that are behind it, but realized if I do that I lose all the space currently partially under the table (space for my Tamiya boxes, display case, and buggies parked on the floor)   I will end up with LESS space.  :blink:   So until I figure this out I won't be buying any new chassis.   I don't mix my hobbies with my other hobby space so displaying them in another room is really not an option for me.  Not to forget all the Lego's (Technics) I have which my wife has been asking to move out of her space..  

My older son (smart-butt joker) said I should get a skinny tower shelf for my M38's and call it Willy's Tower (like the Willis Tower former Sears Tower in Chicago).  lol :lol:

I will work on painting the 3D printed parts later today, next up paint the 2 billy heads and torso, and then the dreaded City body black trim at the end..:wacko:  saving the worst for last..

• Like 2

I bought myself a lunchbox, it is the x-sa almost rtr version, normaly I always want to build it myself but this thing was on sale and 40 euro cheaper then the kit version, and having a nice factory painted body, still going to dismantle it and put bearings in it and make some small upgrades.

Run my dancing rider today, after one battery pack I heard a grinding noise and lost drive, when I got home I pulled the gearbox apart and found a striped gear, this is the second time something in the gearbox broke the first time I drove it I broke the plastic outdrive, replaced the outdrives with metal ones, now the gear is stripped, only run it 4 times , and I still have a brushed motor in it, so it is not silly power that broke it, but I think I broke it on rollovers that I have, it is not the most stable thing ,it seems to me the gearbox is a little fragile.

Do you guys have problems with the t3-01 gears or is this just bad luck, replacing al the gears for metal ones is going to be expense and I don't want to do that, but breaking it a lot is not fun, so maybe replace the plastic gears and sell it if this is weak part of it.

52134542454_e85958fca5_c.jpg

52134323893_95c11c0a71_c.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Yoshimitsu said:

52134012870_bb89467fee_k.jpg

Nice!  Are you doing a satin/matte finish?

I did my hard shell City Turbo body in a satin white look using TS matte white.. by spraying closer than usual.  Turned out great.  :D 

Rear wings on and stickered up. Going to try and keep this momentum up.

52133626347_a78b03594c_k.jpg

2 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Nice!  Are you doing a satin/matte finish?

Nah, they are templates for a different finish on the windows which may or may not make the final cut.🤞

• Like 1