Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 hours ago, SlideWRX said:

Success!  Parts fit well.  I had to file the top down a bit to fit under the brace.  Took it for a spin in the back yard, actually aiming for the roots and trees a bit to see if anything would break... All good!  managed one hit hard enough to pop the turnbuckle off, but it survived well.

IMG_1625cropResize.jpg.4054c42bd85c95a3da506836ea879136.jpg

IMG_1628Resize.jpg.522e9a52375eba2ed4ef84133be55356.jpgIMG_1626Resize.jpg.d219efee39ff78c478460f94668df2bc.jpg

Nice work mate!B) What body shell are you running? I think that might bash the sides of my custom fitted Team Azarashi shell at full lock:(

5 hours ago, GeeWings said:

Today was the first day since I got promoted

Congrats buddy!!! More cash for more builds... I say you're only going in deeper now;):lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Making my next two driver figures for my Mini Coopers.. Billy and Willy.. I need to get 5 more.. :blink: :lol:

5 more!? Man, one day soon that army is gonna come alive and go all crazy Putin on yaw ***!!!!:blink::ph34r:

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Billy and Willy.. I need to get 5 more.. :blink: :lol:

Hilly, Philly, Chilly, Dilly and Silly. There I got you names for them already. :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Nicadraus said:

Hilly, Philly, Chilly, Dilly and Silly. There I got you names for them already. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nah, I think we should take this a little further...

Nobby, Dong, Chopper, Meat Truncheon and Schlong!

(...hey gimme a break! I am a man child that tinkers with toy cars for a hobby!:lol:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Checking out the new XV02Pro version video from TamiyaRCLive.. might be a good outdoor basher for me down the road.  Center diff looks to be a good hop up to get from the start.  Imagining this with a Subaru body (?) for mine..  :D  Or GR Yaris.. hummmmm..  

• Like 2

Just picked this up, 2002 NSX, decals were not perfect! But it's still a steal for $40 for a 20 years old body. 

nsx1.jpg

nsx2.jpg

nsx3.jpg

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Checking out the new XV02Pro version video from TamiyaRCLive.. might be a good outdoor basher for me down the road.  Center diff looks to be a good hop up to get from the start.  Imagining this with a Subaru body (?) for mine..  :D  Or GR Yaris.. hummmmm..  

I was chatting with my local buddies here about getting the XV-02. I'm quite intrigued on its driving style.

I'm also looking at the LC PGT-2R. Looks promising too.

https://www.rcmart.com/lc-racing-1-10-ptg-2r-4wd-rally-chassis-touring-car-kit-ep-ptg2r001-00112293

LC Racing 1/10 PTG-2R 4WD Rally Chassis Touring Car Kit EP

Lots of hop-ups that come with the kit already. Basically, nothing to mod. cf shock towers and floating servo holder, lots of aluminum parts including the under chassis, oil-filled metal gear diffs, etc. I like the mudflaps too. At $280, that's pretty decent. Modding the XV-02 pro at that level will probably reach $550 more or less.

more of the PGT-2R here:

• LC Racing Engineered Rally tires

• Alum, Oil-filled, Threaded Shocks

• Front and Rear 3mm Carbon Fiber Shock Tower

• Front and Rear Oil-filled Competition Grade Differentials with Metal Gears

• Aluminum Center Prop Shaft

• Steel Hinge-pins

• 2.0mm Anodized Alum Chassis with Front and Rear Kick-up and Side Guards

• 12mm Wheel Hexes

• Adjustable Spring Steel Arm Mounts

• Anodized Adjustable 7075-T6 Alum Motor Mount

• Clear Polycarbonate Chassis Inner Mud Cover

• Front Foam Bumper

• Easy Access Spur and Pinion Gear Covers

• Front and Rear Rebuildable CVA type driveshafts

• Removable ESC Tray

• Front and Rear Mud guards and flaps set

• Pinion Gear (24T 48P)

• Floating Servo Mount

• Grade 12.9 alloy steel screws

• Like 3

raJHfC5.jpg

Took the Holiday Buggy out for a drive today. Not a good sign when this happens... 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

53 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

raJHfC5.jpg

Took the Holiday Buggy out for a drive today. Not a good sign when this happens... 

I was hoping that was dust, apparently not then:(

Mounted new wheels and front tires to my HotShot II too… happy with the Look and handling. 

562C8339-3C3B-448F-8FC1-44121CF3ACFE.thumb.jpeg.8d4ea32db7e67293f707b540e900b097.jpeg

• Like 6

And now…after I had a final round with that Quartett - I‘ll say good bye to them… 2 Weeks of Family Holidays… so no posts from me for a while…but looking forward to read yours!

7186B60D-F005-487C-B360-B6996FA6C2A7.thumb.jpeg.2ae43d389797c3aa372a47d3ae388f63.jpeg

• Like 8

@alvinlwh could you fix it already? Back on track?

thank you @Willy iine!

@SlideWRX amazing work! Thinking about upgrading the steering from my HS… (ok - actually a modified Super Shot) but you all know that heavy bump-steering 🥴

Just now, Tumbi said:

@alvinlwh could you fix it already? Back on track?

Not yet, dinner now. Will check later tonight but I bet the motor is toasted (pun intended). In fact the wheels felt hard to turn, hope it is just the motor and not the gears. I don't mind if it is just the motor as it is a 10+ years old one anyway. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kol__ said:

Nice work mate!B) What body shell are you running? I think that might bash the sides of my custom fitted Team Azarashi shell at full lock:(

I have an old sand viper body underneath to keep debris out, and a Marui Shogun body on top of that done up like a grasshopper.  How close is that body to the steering rod? You can see from the bottom pick, it is tight in there!  Every time I wanted to move something a bit, I usually ran into something else.

IMG_1463cropresize.jpg.4afc913c220155ec8102401f654316d6.jpgIMG_1637.jpg.a8384e00e975b8f5a653ab2fd947b54e.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Tumbi said:

And now…after I had a final round with that Quartett - I‘ll say good bye to them… 2 Weeks of Family Holidays

Errr... so which one are you taking with you?;) Just leave one of the kids behind if space is an issue.

27 minutes ago, SlideWRX said:

How close is that body to the steering rod?

On mine, I shaped the body pretty close around it, but I could reshape without touch hassle if it meant no more f'ing bump steer!!!

mptQy6E.jpeg

1 minute ago, Yoshimitsu said:

Immaculate work.as usual @Willy iine

Front end done...

52187509305_2c6cafd8cc_k.jpg

Thanks, and your work is immaculate as well!  That is one awesome looking car!  :D 

Today i finished up the short arms to turn my Scorched TT02B into a 4WD Rally Scorcher.

RbIGGX6.png

• Like 7

El Kid finished stripping down the Dual Hunter. We discovered two broken lower gearbox mounts - one on each gearbox casing. I realised one was broken when it sliced open the pad on my forefinger!

It was filthy so a good soak and a scrub is next on the list before reviewing parts for fixing or replacement.

• Like 3