Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

El Kid finished stripping down the Dual Hunter. We discovered two broken lower gearbox mounts - one on each gearbox casing. I realised one was broken when it sliced open the pad on my forefinger!

It was filthy so a good soak and a scrub is next on the list before reviewing parts for fixing or replacement.

Wow, hope you didn't cut yourself!   

Sounds like a fun son-dad project though.  :D   While it was extremely rare, I still remember those times when my pops helped me build a plastic model kit when I was like 6 or 7.

A tiny bit of tinkering with another Radio Shack body shell that I want to fit on a Tamiya chassis at some stage. The plastic is very brittle though and seems to crack when I so much as look at it 😂

52188249710_42c95efb20_b.jpg

This is how it started out:

52187764346_2bdc375dc5_b.jpg

I kind of wanted to keep it original but the decals were in a mess and there was some sort of stain on the plastic I couldn’t get out.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

Took a few cars out for a run, found a unused industrial paddock. Had my lunchbox, Konghead, Stampede, and Granite 3s, also flew the Kyosho Drone Racer around for a bit.

f48Zhf9.jpeg

GorZue9.jpeg

0pKziYi.jpeg

• Like 13

Nice @berman. Out of interest do you run your Konghead stock? I bought one a while back but haven’t actually run it yet. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tumbi said:

@alvinlwh could you fix it already? Back on track?

Too tired last night to sort it out but got some time after lunch today. 

5oWh4uQ.jpeg

Gears look fine and wheel turns freely once motor is removed so it is not a drivetrain problem. 

AW5wDX9.jpeg

One motor wire actually fell off, either due to the heat or poor soldering. No matter, the motor is well and truly jammed, will not turn by hand. 

lgvoqQv.jpeg

Pretty rusted as like I said, this is a 10+ years old motor and previously used on beach runs. Brushes are surprisingly good though, so it was not overworked. 

YLXHOtu.jpeg

YuOeYqo.jpeg

The reason for the jam and short leading to the smoke. One of the coil had came off causing a short within the motor and preventing it from turning. 

1fmPLad.jpeg

Put the 380ST motor back in and all is fine now.

• Like 2

Finally got rid of all slop in the Yeah Racing Steering set with a small 3D printed support and a few HotRacing link ends with a few spacers. No more erratic steering!

Also started to weather my 1991 Audi V8 body. Added a "New" front quarter panel with some PS Black.

-RC Perspective

20220701_181932.jpg

20220702_110025.jpg

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, RC Perspective said:

20220701_181932.jpg

That's a good looking 'shed'.

Finished the body on my TA02 Racing Special build - its a Nissan Skyline GTR R33 as per the picture of an example body in the instruction manual.  Ive painted the wing and mirrors gloss white to match the wheels but left the body clear to displsy the chassis.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 10

Took the re-engined Holiday Buggy out. 

Vef72HA.jpg

It seems like this grass is too much for it as even on a 10T pinion, the motor is still burning hot. 

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, GeeWings said:

Nice @berman. Out of interest do you run your Konghead stock? I bought one a while back but haven’t actually run it yet. 

Nah I had a sport tuned in it, but being that the motor is right behind the front wheel, it was throwing dirt into it and was short lived. It has had a 4000kv motor in it for a couple of years. Have run on both 2 and 3s, 2s is more than enough to be honest. Need to rebuild the diffs  with some AW grease as it diffs out and gets a bit torque-steery. 

• Thanks 1

Today I took the time for a relaxed run with the Manta Ray and the Hornet.

20220702-232725.jpg

Screenshot-20220702-232303-Video-Player.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Ferruz said:

Today I took the time for a relaxed run with the Manta Ray and the Hornet.

20220702-232725.jpg

Screenshot-20220702-232303-Video-Player.

Nice!   How do you take your action shots?  Someone helping to taking the photos while you drive?

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

That's a good looking 'shed'.

Not sure I catch your drift. Though I also haven't had my coffee yet :lol:

-RC Perspective

30 minutes ago, Frankster said:

@RC Perspective nice steering set up.  May need to try this set up as well

Should work for you. You'll need to either get really small shims so the upper link doesn't try to bind the ball links underneath, Or use similar end links to the HR end links. Pic enclosed.

These give just enough room for the steering links to still articulate with the suspension. You may have to shim the steering link balls on the hubs to line everything up, but it's doable.

HR end link.png

EDIT - I'm gonna add this info into the "Red Headed Stepchild" build thread that covers this chassis over in The Builds subforum.

-RC Perspective

Cut, sanded and cleaned this Audi R8 LMS shell. It's got an awkward little step-cut in the front arches, but overall I'm pretty happy with how it turned out :)

spacer.png

It's a really handsome looking shell, but I've just read the masking and painting instructions....blimey :blink:

The protective film has to come off before around 15 stickers are applied to the outside to use as guides for how to mask the inside, which has to be masked in three sections for three colours

Oh, and then remask the whole exterior over the guide-stickers, in place of the protective film

Then remove the interior masks in three stages, colour by colour. Then smoke the windows.

Then remove the exterior masks and apply the remaining 60-odd stickers :o

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

Took the re-engined Holiday Buggy out. 

Vef72HA.jpg

It seems like this grass is too much for it as even on a 10T pinion, the motor is still burning hot. 

Is that back with the 380 again?

They do get super hot even with the low gearing. Grasshopper is the same with the 380 and small pinion, motor gets thermonuclear if you give it good thrashing on high drag surfaces.

• Like 1

Finally got to take my HBX T6 "out out"

It's quite hefty and I don't drive, so I've been limited to just local places it could go under it's own power so I've only taken it out about 5 times until now.

received_1407736329637471.thumb.jpeg.29467c36697732a15d39ad848679d53b.jpeg

But thanks to a cheapo hiking backpack on ebay, I can now take it anywhere I want. Rear wheels poke out the top a little, but I'm not grumbling! Being able to take it places is amazing.

Of course the first place I scurried off to was the beach 😁

https://youtu.be/cRLjn1qZKg8

• Like 2

8 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

Finally got to take my HBX T6 "out out"

It's quite hefty and I don't drive, so I've been limited to just local places it could go under it's own power so I've only taken it out about 5 times until now.

received_1407736329637471.thumb.jpeg.29467c36697732a15d39ad848679d53b.jpeg

But thanks to a cheapo hiking backpack on ebay, I can now take it anywhere I want. Rear wheels poke out the top a little, but I'm not grumbling! Being able to take it places is amazing.

Of course the first place I scurried off to was the beach 😁

https://youtu.be/cRLjn1qZKg8

Great video mate, man that thing flies!!!B)

Question, when you were 'out out', did you 'maintain the peep'?;)

• Haha 1

Oracel white paper for stripes.  Gundam pen black for panel lines. Molotov chrome pen for details.

Not great but it’s ok…

gwbSsgz.jpg

SgL5OYR.jpg

• Like 6