Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

Fixed the front lower suspension arm of my Thunder Dragon. It failed in a way I had not heard about before. A8 breaking, yes. D1? Nope. 

Twice I took the car out for a drive and it felt "strange". First time, I was wondering how can I make a mistake like this. But when it happened a second time, I knew it was broken. 

You're the second person I read about having this issue yet I totally don't recall this being a common problem BITD. I wonder what's up with the new re-re arms?

Today, I masked and painted a Kyosho Tomahawk body...but its not going on a Tomahawk

Today I went brushless in my Top Force Evo. 13.5t and still NiMH so not too punchy. Early signs are that the TBLE-04S is ok with it, even on the 50° timing the motor came with.

_20220704_191301.JPG

• Like 3

Tried to do some masking on one of my Midnight Pumpkin bodies.  Despite a week of cure time on the Tamiya white paint, the Tamiya masking tape left a patterned impression in the finish when removed.

Dang.

OmFqzi0.jpg

I figured a week would be more than enough time... I can't say I've ever had this happen before.  Makes me kinda nervous since I have a lot more masking to do...

• Sad 4

Well I left my new job today, it was not living up to the interview sales pitch at all.

Tough but that’s the way it goes sometimes, no tears just disappointment. 

I start the new job in 2 weeks with longer hours, however the sign on bonus and higher level of income will be helpful with 2 more kids going to Uni next September. 

More relevant to TC  I’ve taken the decision to sell most of my Tamiya as it frustrates me that between, house, kids, wife and work I don’t get to enjoy it and it just sits around getting dusty and to be quite honest I need to get back down the gym with any spare time after that lot 😂

I’ll keep the Lunchbox and whatever does not sell for what I consider to be a fair price and play it by ear 👍

• Like 8

It’s hot inside the Mini Cooper so I made sure Billy and Willy look blistering hot.. :D 

IMG_2022-7-4-153847.jpg.32380c4b5d7a4a29915136905dbd58f7.jpg

IMG_2022-7-4-153859.jpg.3bf990515d9782c70952695f1bca04a6.jpg

Will finish the helmet in a bit..

@bRIBEGuy Sorry to see the blemish.  Is that TS white gloss you used?   Can you still smell lacquer at all?  I mean a week should be plenty cure time.. however I’ve had TS crack 3 months after painting so never know.. 

If that is gloss (and given there is a thick coat of paint) I would leave it as is and use automotive polish at the very end to gently remove the very top layer for a shiny glossy finish.   If that is matte, I would also leave it as is and gently dry sand with a Tamiya worn 800 or 1500 sponge and roughen it up to blend the blemish into the surrounding matte finish..   but this is how I do the finishing so entirely up to you..  GL!! :D 

Update.. finished the figures.. I will work on the platforms to mount onto the cars later in the week.  

I need to paint 5 more of these guys.. 

IMG_2022-7-4-162717.jpg.8b2b20f4e83166eb2ff8289c79f17e81.jpg

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 8

3 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Is that TS white gloss you used?   Can you still smell lacquer at all?  I mean a week should be plenty cure time.. however I’ve had TS crack 3 months after painting so never know.. 

If that is gloss (and given there is a thick coat of paint) I would leave it as is and use automotive polish at the very end to gently remove the very top layer for a shiny glossy finish.   If that is matte, I would also leave it as is and gently dry sand with a Tamiya worn 800 or 1500 sponge and roughen it up to blend the blemish into the surrounding matte finish..   but this is how I do the finishing so entirely up to you..  GL!! :D 

Yup, TS-26.  No smell at all.  It's very odd..... I've used TS paints on well over a dozen shells, and never had this happen.  Oh well.

I've wet sanded the whole thing with some 2000grit paper, and will try hitting it with another coat or two of white this weekend if the sun ever comes up here again.  

Thanks for the finish suggestions @Willy iine, I'll keep them in mind for when I inevitably botch the next coat.  :D

Have I mentioned how much more I prefer lexan shells?  Ha ha ha ha.....

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Willy iine said:

@Nikko85  I didn't realize the QD chassis is like a mini GrassHopper!  :D   Nice job on your Beetle.

Thanks!

Yes, it's very much like a mini GH come to think of it, wild camber swings, not much handling, but lots of fun. Need to take it to a park and let it rip, brushless on 9.6 volts should be a lot of fun!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nikko85 said:

Thanks!

Yes, it's very much like a mini GH come to think of it, wild camber swings, not much handling, but lots of fun. Need to take it to a park and let it rip, brushless on 9.6 volts should be a lot of fun!

That’s going to pop wheelies!  Have fun.  :D 

Wheel colour change this evening, more fitting I think.

(I've still not decaled the other side)😬😅

52193084852_e4b5ff7ef0_k.jpg

• Like 10

32 minutes ago, Yoshimitsu said:

Wheel colour change this evening, more fitting I think.

(I've still not decaled the other side)😬😅

52193084852_e4b5ff7ef0_k.jpg

Looks awesome!  I donno, are you into black wheel nuts?  I usually run black nuts on dark colored wheels.  Looks very nice regardless.  B)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

Well I left my new job today, it was not living up to the interview sales pitch at all.

Tough but that’s the way it goes sometimes, no tears just disappointment. 

I start the new job in 2 weeks with longer hours, however the sign on bonus and higher level of income will be helpful with 2 more kids going to Uni next September. 

More relevant to TC  I’ve taken the decision to sell most of my Tamiya as it frustrates me that between, house, kids, wife and work I don’t get to enjoy it and it just sits around getting dusty and to be quite honest I need to get back down the gym with any spare time after that lot 😂

I’ll keep the Lunchbox and whatever does not sell for what I consider to be a fair price and play it by ear 👍

Sorry to hear but sounds like a right choice and good luck on your new job.  Lunchbox is a classic that will still bring a smile to your face.  Been wanting to get one myself

I bought a lot of bearings today, because I have a WR02 (Wild Willy 2) and GF01 (Landcruiser) sitting in boxes, tempting me, and I'd hate to not have the bearings ready if the mood suddenly strikes!

Otherwise, I've been staring long and hard at the new Proboat Recoil 2... my 32" 6S boats are a little too big and too fast for where I run them, and the Recoil 2 ticks all the boxes, being just a bit smaller at 26"... also, 3S means no more stressing about paired batteries.

• Like 1

@lsear2905good to plan ahead! And thank you because you reminded me I need bearings too. Lots! Just like you...

And some motors. And ESC's and Radio gear. And here I was thinking I was done spending...

• Haha 1

Ordered these straps and they look great! It just took time adjusting and fitting until you get the right tightness and not snap the plastic locks,

OOuxqbPh.jpg

TemrboKh.jpg

Jz1ATQch.jpg

• Like 11

So picked up this today for $0.00. In very very good condition so restonwo;; be good.

also picked up 2 frogs to make one good one out of to turn into a brat

CCEBD375-22A8-4E3D-84F9-C758DFE29CD0.jpeg

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Willy iine said:

It’s hot inside the Mini Cooper so I made sure Billy and Willy look blistering hot.. :D 

IMG_2022-7-4-153847.jpg.32380c4b5d7a4a29915136905dbd58f7.jpg

IMG_2022-7-4-153859.jpg.3bf990515d9782c70952695f1bca04a6.jpg

Will finish the helmet in a bit..

@bRIBEGuy Sorry to see the blemish.  Is that TS white gloss you used?   Can you still smell lacquer at all?  I mean a week should be plenty cure time.. however I’ve had TS crack 3 months after painting so never know.. 

Update.. finished the figures.. I will work on the platforms to mount onto the cars later in the week.  

I need to paint 5 more of these guys.. 

IMG_2022-7-4-162717.jpg.8b2b20f4e83166eb2ff8289c79f17e81.jpg

Man when I finally do get the interior I want, If my STIG comes out half as good as your stuff I'll be happy.

Can't have anyone else driving my 911 RSR drifter :lol:

-RC Perspective

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Last night I designed a slide on camera mount for my Flysky NB4 Tx. I got tired of the suction cup mount I stick to the bottom of the removable battery pack. I mean, it worked, but 5% of the time it fell off with the phone in it, and that silicone suction cup is a magnet for literally everything when that happens lol. 100% of the time I had to fight to see the screen, as it was underneath the Tx.

20220705-071059.jpg

Woke up this morning to the finished print and assembled it. The fit is a little tight, which is good, but its tough to get back off. So I'll probably do some filing or remove a little thickness for a second print. All the walls are 2mm thick, and the screws are countersunk. The top wall is thicker by 1-2mm on a slope, and the two screws are mounted high to support where most of the weight will rest. So it's probably a bit over-engineered, but as my Dad says, "Better safe than sorry."

20220705-071120.jpg

20220705-071126.jpg

20220705-071131.jpg

Designed for the use of 3 Tamiya self tappers, because who here doesn't have a load of those?

20220705-071528.jpg

And I don't think strength is an issue. That's my 10.1 NextBook Tablet :lol:

20220705-072441.jpg

-RC Perspective

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, toyolien said:

Today I have finally started my XV-02. 

XDgYeJb.jpg

I'm still drooling over your garage :lol:

-RC Perspective

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RC Perspective said:

I'm still drooling over your garage :lol:

-RC Perspective

You're too kind 🙂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GeeWings said:

@Nicadraus they look great. Would you mind sharing where you got them? 

Not sure if it'll be available to order from your region but here:

https://shopee.ph/RC-Climbing-Car-Mood-Parts-Roof-Tent-Board-SCX10-Third-Generation-TRX4-Luggage-Rack-Simulation-Tie-Rope-Ready-Stock-i.191972539.14749898951

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, toyolien said:

Today I have finally started my XV-02. 

XDgYeJb.jpg

Oooh, lovely 😃

Obviously, the key question is….what hop ups are you going for??

Can’t help but notice there’s nothing in ‘The Builds’….

image.gif.5a9cf5f5fa338bad0e4b441fd703a2a7.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Decided that nice black Sport Tuned motor was a bit wasted hidden under that black plastic motor cover, so swapped it out for the newer silver version

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

Oooh, lovely 😃

Obviously, the key question is….what hop ups are you going for??

Can’t help but notice there’s nothing in ‘The Builds’….

image.gif.5a9cf5f5fa338bad0e4b441fd703a2a7.gif

Build thread is coming👍. Probably later tonight when I can upload the pics. Only hop ups to begin with will be alloy universal centre shafts and rear alloy suspension mounts. Doesn't seem to need anything else for now.

• Like 3