Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, toyolien said:

Today I have finally started my XV-02. 

XDgYeJb.jpg

I see the rally wheels in the tire rack already 😅. I was hoping for an Easter egg clue in the boxes but it turned out to the the 2022 Astute you already built

• Like 1

Bit of prep work on the 911 GT2 wing. Initially sprayed the whole thing black, then masked off the grill to paint the rest to match the body 

spacer.png

• Like 2

Slow RC day as I had to go to the office today for work.  

But managed to make 2 platform bases for my driver figures.. will start with my TOP Sabre Mini FWD.. :D 

IMG_2022-7-5-192036.jpg.f2b6cfe3d113627731ec68860f9b400b.jpg

IMG_2022-7-5-192054.jpg.b61bfe3b9e3c076d9455d4b50f15f811.jpg

• Like 3

Refitted my electrics and driver figure in my Egress. The brushless set-up makes it a very tight squeeze.

52195873669_4e77617c5e_b.jpg

52194604832_955b59272f_b.jpg

Got it ready to run and then the rain came!!

64FCCFD2-9E4F-491A-ADCF-E3F3CC21E562.jpeg.0ad5cd7131a0b7a4cf244fb77f0ba813.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, GeeWings said:

Refitted my electrics and driver figure in my Egress. The brushless set-up makes it a very tight squeeze.

Got it ready to run and then the rain came!!

What rain? It's clear blue skies today in Knox! Tomorrow, my day off, on the other hand...

1 hour ago, lsear2905 said:

What rain? It's clear blue skies today in Knox! Tomorrow, my day off, on the other hand...

I actually had a delayed post as I forgot to hit "submit reply". Like you said, it's beautiful blue skies today. Today. Because I'm in the office :(

• Sad 2

Took my tt02 rally scorcher out with printed dog bones just to try it, i really like the way it drives like this, only got a few minutes in before the dogbones melted, as i expected, but metal ones are on the way :)

• Like 1

Managed to get my electrics working for the first time. Newly charged battery connected to a 1080, connected to a RX6R receiver, connected to a servo. Created a model profile on the Taranis X9D+, bound to the receiver, set the failsafe and then got very excited when the connected servo actually moved in response to me nudging the controller :)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, YelloMello said:

Tony Toudor awaits his first race in his newly completed car. 

DSC_1340_1.jpg

Lovely work. Though if you could have posted on a different page to my very average looking driver that would have been appreciated 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, GeeWings said:

No, my friend. Your driver is amazing and so much nicer than mine. I've been thinking about posting mine at all. Your shading is excellent. I wish I could too. My drivers all look the same. Nice eyes and the rest kinda painted. B)

2 minutes ago, YelloMello said:

No, my friend. Your driver is amazing and so much nicer than mine. I've been thinking about posting mine at all. Your shading is excellent. I wish I could too. My drivers all look the same. Nice eyes and the rest kinda painted. B)

Honestly I like the idea of painting the drivers but the reality frustrates me. I think I’m adding visors on mine from now on so I get the fun of painting without the frustration of the face part!

• Like 1

Test fitted both Willy and Billy on my Sabre Mini’s.   I noticed I cannot fit a driver on the M03 and M05’s (unless I mount the driver onto the chassis on the M05 which I don’t care to do).  

I may do the BSR Basher m-chassis, but no more on the Tamiya’s.   oh well..

Going to hit the platforms with some matte black next.   :D 

IMG_2022-7-6-161029.jpg.bd4cbfa984b883f57428c75b800bdc4a.jpg

IMG_2022-7-6-165248.jpg.27d81f3a2ae832833c6b5aeb868bf057.jpg

Update.. I finished the light blue and posted pictures in the gallery only thread.  I am working on the green one next.  :D 

This is on my TOP Racing Sabre Mini FWD.. the green one I will post later is my Sabre Mini 4WD (m-chassis).  

IMG_2022-7-6-175035.jpg.85a18e51bd1e563130dea2f441ce301d.jpg

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 7

I took my brushless QD beetle buggy to the park. Only drove for 3 mins as I was also with my 3 month old but had a blast anyhow.

The beetle was great in the dirt, creating huge rooster tails of dust as it sped along. 

At 208 mm it's the longest wheelbase of all my cars, this seemed to help it track straight on the very loose surface, with controllable slides when turning.

It ran well over short grass too with the suspension soaking up bumps better than I thought it might, considering it's essentially a 1/14 GH.

9.6 volt at 5200 kv gave enough speed and some, definitely a car for big open spaces where the cogging at low throttle is not a issue. Not great for driving where you can crash into things!

• Like 1

On 7/5/2022 at 10:10 AM, Nicadraus said:

Ordered these straps and they look great! It just took time adjusting and fitting until you get the right tightness and not snap the plastic locks,

OOuxqbPh.jpg

TemrboKh.jpg

Jz1ATQch.jpg

Very cool, so is that 1/10th Peli cases?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gebbly said:

Built my GF-01 chassis. Next step will be the motor install.

Great, lovely chassis, so much fun and surprisingly well planted too.

Well, it's technically not a Tamiya, but it's got Tamiya hardware on it!

Replaced every single bearing in my RC4WD TF2. Used my 80/20 silicone bearing oil/graphite lube mix for all of them. Also completely re-greased (don't know if you can even call it that; there was barely any grease in it from the factory) the 2 speed transmission and transfer case. Also swapped out the old leaf springs, as it had a bit of a gangster lean going on. I spun the steering servo around to take care of a rubbing issue. This thing surprises me every time I drive it. I took it to USTE 2022 at the beginning of this year (a FL local scale truck event), and was out-crawling even some comp crawlers! It's even got tiny tires! 1.55 cut Mud Thrashers stretched onto 2 inch aluminum touring car wheels I bought for the TT02 :lol:

I have a little trail/crawler garden set up out in my yard that I use sometimes. I really need more rock though!

PXL-20220705-173616297-PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL-20220705-173650756-PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL-20220705-173740233-PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL-20220705-173814779-PORTRAIT.jpg

Rick Grimes approves of this post.

PXL-20220705-173933555-PORTRAIT.jpg

-RC Perspective

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Gebbly said:

Built my GF-01 chassis. Next step will be the motor install.

Nice! Welcome to the GF01 club where just one more is never enough ;)

What motor are you going to install and is it the LandCruiser shell you’re going with?

Just now, GeeWings said:

What motor are you going to install and is it the LandCruiser shell you’re going with?

Its the Toyota Land Cruiser 40 kit. I'll be sticking with the Torque Tuned motor that it comes with. (I went for a few basic hop ups : bearings,steel pinion,servo lowering arm,CVA minis and motor guard). I'll paint the Land Cruiser shell initially but ultimately I would like to get a Wild Willy 2 shell.

1 minute ago, Gebbly said:

Its the Toyota Land Cruiser 40 kit. I'll be sticking with the Torque Tuned motor that it comes with. (I went for a few basic hop ups : bearings,steel pinion,servo lowering arm,CVA minis and motor guard). I'll paint the Land Cruiser shell initially but ultimately I would like to get a Wild Willy 2 shell.

That sounds perfect!

I’ve got a mix of torque and sports tuned in mine. I know some people fit brushless 13.5 and even 10 but I reckon it would be wrecked in no time!

I’ve done a mix of hop-ups in mine but always with bearings. Interesting on the servo lowering arm. I had totally missed that option until the other day, will have to check it out.

My next GF01 build is a WW too. I’ve got a few 3D printed parts to help. Will share the results when I get around to the build!

• Like 1

Had the first test with the new built M-05 Golf today (or only the chassis, since I'll paint the body tomorrow). It's my first onroad. It's very different not beeing able to powerslide out of corners. I even made the first attempt on the actual postal racing track and made a for my standards decent lapcount. On better tarmac, with Shimizu tyres and with a lipo instead of a heavy nihm this thing really has got some potential B).

_20220707_145743.JPG

• Like 3