Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, JeffSpicoli said:

My friend Scott texted me:  "What's the very best offroad r/c truck I can buy myself?"

I told him the Tamiya Subaru Brat.

I do like Blackfoot 😀.  Same chassis

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frankster said:

I do like Blackfoot 😀.  Same chassis

I think the Konghead (unless you want scale-realism).

My Wild One was collected by @sansoora yesterday.

An absolutely awesome guy, we met back in 2013 via eBay and then again via TC.

I hope you enjoy the WO, great catching up with you and hopefully our paths will cross again much sooner next time around 👍

• Like 3

Today was an unbox a MiniZ and drive it day.   :D 

IMG_2022-7-12-161602.jpg.41a30bfaabae4d7f755933a7db96837d.jpg

IMG_2022-7-12-161647.jpg.0ef43aa3fd19d962806df3d946f59071.jpg

Once I get different wheels (or paint these)  I will post more pictures in the gallery thread.  I wonder if I should go for black wheels or white.. hummmm.. gunmetal maybe?

The car drives pretty well.. steering was sticking to the right after right turns, but after my 3rd drive it appears to have loosened up a bit as I noticed much less of that.  Dampers work exceptionally well, tire grip is questionable on EVA foam, but that’s fine.  Overall I like it.  :D 

• Like 10

Found an attempted delivery notice in the mail, went to get the package and found out it was this 😃

20220712-152413.jpg

The prize won for the 20th anniversary TC main site competition,  a spanking new Sand Scorcher.
I am over the moon, and still can't quite believe it happened! Thank you SO much again Tamiya Club, thank you Tamico and last but not least, many thanks to everybody that voted for my entry, and to the people of this wonderful community regardless :)

This kit, although still sealed, goes straight amongst my most precious cars because of what it represents to me.

I am surprised it arrived already, but also quite relieved as it was perfect timing: I'm off for a work trip today -am typing while on a train as of now- and don't even want to think about where the kit could have ended up after the two-weeks holding time at the post office hadn't I been there... so all good!

I can't wait to open the box whenever I'll be back, hopefully in a few weeks 🤪

• Like 20

Okay.. so Kyosho pleasantly surprised me with their presentation with the Optima-MID unboxing.  This was as exciting as opening my first iPhone long time ago. :D 

I was placing orders for my MiniZ wheels and tires so decided to double check whether the motor plate was drilled properly to see whether I needed to place order for it or not.  Mine appears to be drilled properly.. I hope I’m not missing any screws.. :ph34r: :lol:

I love the poster man..  awesome.  

IMG_2022-7-12-175919.jpg.5704723d9c95fbea6110a93ec8b8e667.jpg

IMG_2022-7-12-175932.jpg.635b4f28053f7e6e2068b89c38bdf6a1.jpg

• Like 9

40 minutes ago, Ferruz said:

Found an attempted delivery notice in the mail, went to get the package and found out it was this 😃

20220712-152413.jpg

The prize won for the 20th anniversary TC main site competition,  a spanking new Sand Scorcher.
I am over the moon, and still can't quite believe it happened! Thank you SO much again Tamiya Club, thank you Tamico and last but not least, many thanks to everybody that voted for my entry, and to the people of this wonderful community regardless :)

This kit, although still sealed, goes straight amongst my most precious cars because of what it represents to me.

I am surprised it arrived already, but also quite relieved as it was perfect timing: I'm off for a work trip today -am typing while on a train as of now- and don't even want to think about where the kit could have ended up after the two-weeks holding time at the post office hadn't I been there... so all good!

I can't wait to open the box whenever I'll be back, hopefully in a few weeks 🤪

Congrats!   I am excited to see how you will build this car and the action photos to come shortly afterwards🤗

• Thanks 1

Enjoy the SS @Ferruz 👍🏻😉 Nice Christmas in July buddy 😁

So today started off with a visit to the dentist for a Tongue Tied procedure. Hoping it will alleviate migraines and back issues 🤷🏻‍♂️ I didn’t even know ‘Tongue Tied’ was even a thing until recently.

So being home alone in a quiet house recovering it was a great opportunity to upgrade my M08 from its TBLE 02/Sport Tuned to a HW 1060/17.5 Surpass Rocket Brushless set up. Most of the soldering went well, just the positive on the battery got a bit messy but seems to hold fine, at least the heat shrink covers that up 😄.

With the obligatory rag around out the front, all is well and has plenty of pep for me. This motor has timing on it, I’ve left at the 30 degrees from the box for now, it’s a new concept for me so I’ll maybe play around with that later.

7B5553FF-A9A0-4C3F-A4E8-CCEC5EFD55BC.md.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Today was an unbox a MiniZ and drive it day.   :D 

IMG_2022-7-12-161602.jpg.41a30bfaabae4d7f755933a7db96837d.jpg

IMG_2022-7-12-161647.jpg.0ef43aa3fd19d962806df3d946f59071.jpg

Once I get different wheels (or paint these)  I will post more pictures in the gallery thread.  I wonder if I should go for black wheels or white.. hummmm.. gunmetal maybe?

The car drives pretty well.. steering was sticking to the right after right turns, but after my 3rd drive it appears to have loosened up a bit as I noticed much less of that.  Dampers work exceptionally well, tire grip is questionable on EVA foam, but that’s fine.  Overall I like it.  :D 

There's one of those mini Optimas at my LHS, it's mighty tempting, (along with the Suzuki Jimny and the Axial 1/24s,) let me know what you think after a fang around the house 😁

I actually did a little bit of wrenching last night - super happy 😊

Just checked over and did some finishing touches to the Blitzer Beetle before it goes up for sale on eBay. 

Few odds and ends to finish today, but otherwise all good. 
image.jpg

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, berman said:

There's one of those mini Optimas at my LHS, it's mighty tempting, (along with the Suzuki Jimny and the Axial 1/24s,) let me know what you think after a fang around the house 😁

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e473pz1uzo7l66am0i6e5

Seriously, buy a Mini Z 4x4. They are incredible - buy the 4Runner if you want better crawling, or the Jimny for more 'scale,' (I like to think the Jeep and Land Rover don't exist, because I like JDM 4WDs).

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

Enjoy the SS @Ferruz 👍🏻😉 Nice Christmas in July buddy 😁

So today started off with a visit to the dentist for a Tongue Tied procedure. Hoping it will alleviate migraines and back issues 🤷🏻‍♂️ I didn’t even know ‘Tongue Tied’ was even a thing until recently.

So being home alone in a quiet house recovering it was a great opportunity to upgrade my M08 from its TBLE 02/Sport Tuned to a HW 1060/17.5 Surpass Rocket Brushless set up. Most of the soldering went well, just the positive on the battery got a bit messy but seems to hold fine, at least the heat shrink covers that up 😄.

With the obligatory rag around out the front, all is well and has plenty of pep for me. This motor has timing on it, I’ve left at the 30 degrees from the box for now, it’s a new concept for me so I’ll maybe play around with that later.

7B5553FF-A9A0-4C3F-A4E8-CCEC5EFD55BC.md.

Hope the procedure gives you some relief from the migraines and back mate, I get migraines and I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy. My mother-in-law, yes. :) 

Will have to go and look that procedure up - not heard of it either!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ferruz said:

Found an attempted delivery notice in the mail, went to get the package and found out it was this...

Super cool. Well done again! 

• Thanks 1

It gives me great pleasure using the tools, oils, bearing etc, etc that I already have in stock, some items for many years 😎

image.jpg

• Like 4

I saw this today and it immediately reminded me of my cack-handed driver painting...

minifig.thumb.jpg.a3fd4ed843ac55e9291e0a0558ca6371.jpg.98b5534d6db2d10b78d161c5bb164645.jpg

• Haha 7

It was either gardening this afternoon or a bit of cheeky Tamiya 😉

Decided to reassemble the stalled vintage Sand Scorcher project in readiness of listing it on eBay when the next fee deal appears.

Body shell and radio crate this time, next up the chassis/running gear 👍

image.jpg

• Like 2

On 7/12/2022 at 1:55 AM, lsear2905 said:

I think the Konghead (unless you want scale-realism).

Great fun the Konghead, definitely one of my favourite runners.   

9 hours ago, berman said:

Yeah, I'll keep you posted.  Overall it drives well, the motor can be faster, but the traction on my driving environment is low for this car so might be best to keep it at the current speed for me.  Btw, I'm sure you already know this, but the car comes in trainer mode so it's very slow out of the box.   Just need to turn the radio off, pull throttle trigger all the way, and turn on to defeat trainer mode.

@Re-Bugged Hope you feel better soon!!  Wishing you a speedy recovery.  

• Thanks 2

For me, a bit of an artsy day as I am still missing my servo and ESC for the Optima-MID build, have not started yet.  

My banner background tends to curl on the corners so decided to try tacking it down and then cover up the tacks with big bolt heads.. :D   Too lazy to make hex head bolts so went with square.. :ph34r:

If all fails, I'll just order a 3mm thick black plexiglass to replace the entire thing..but it's like $100 so that's $100 I can use towards _________ (your imagination here.. :lol:)

IMG_2022-7-13-112401.jpg.994ee12c3120658cfeb35f31a367fedc.jpg

IMG_2022-7-13-112413.jpg.9e64d8fd9a273acfdc3ce9927b54b8b2.jpg

IMG_2022-7-13-112421.jpg.4034e1a4bf616d4a12cfc767bc606a77.jpg

Update.. painted the bolt heads..  will go on the banner border in the background ..

IMG_2022-7-13-165957.jpg.4d7722ec34961caee7d7570f54ec440f.jpg

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 2

Carried on with the SS chassis this evening, progressing slowly with the front end now.

It’s starting to look like a roller 👍

• Like 2

Finished up the bolt heads so mounted  onto my banner border this morning.  

Trying to keep it subtle yet somewhat interesting to cover up the tack heads while not taking focus away from the Tamiya logo.   B)

IMG_2022-7-14-084412.jpg.30bccf491cbccd2e8a6e45d958946956.jpg

IMG_2022-7-14-084830.jpg.87ada6938fcc105e52c153eb3e07a03f.jpg

• Like 5

I got pretty much done on the chassis of the City Turbo today.

ZZ HCT 28

The challenge now is to try and tweak it so when the body is mounted it more closely resembles the original Willy’s Wheeler.

• Like 2