Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Nikko85 said:

Epic!

Do you have the windscreen or will you make one? That body looks much lower than mine, and issues with rubbing the arches?

Put a TT in that and it will fly - probably in the grand scheme of things not that fast, but in a 1/14 scale truck it will seem insane! 

Thanks!

Yes, I have the original black molded windscreen/window/sun roof. I think it end up maybe too black though so I might make some and then spay them to be tinted.

It rubs a little on the back of the arch, but only just. I reckon I will just limit steer end point rather than lift it any higher. If I was fitting sand paddles I reckon I would go higher though.

I have fitted a TT. But it's running 2WD at the moment until I sort the driveshaft out. I ordered a piece of tubing but I think the sizing might be wrong. Will find out soon enough!

The only other thing I need to sort is a front bumper. Again, because the body is sitting low it's proving tricky to use the Tandy bumpers. Will have to try and botch something together ;)

Just inching along.. :ph34r:

IMG_2022-7-25-090218.jpg.39da174fd7f0bcf11011ab938247f273.jpg

More misc bits.. :ph34r:

IMG_2022-7-25-122640.jpg.bf65a4e87b625325d93fe62560e685c3.jpg

Update.. still several steps to go, but starting to take shape.  :D 

IMG_2022-7-25-170128.jpg.dfd2412d121aa52f76aaec1b622f04ad.jpg

Final update for today.. it also can be a fridge.. :D 

IMG_2022-7-25-182000.jpg.54665fdf6e2cfec4d4a1ea84c1d90489.jpg

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, Nikko85 said:

I do wish that Tamiya would design an elongated WR02 and redesign the LB and Pumpkin for these chassis.

Would that sort of be the WR01 but with the weird back is front front is back design?   Not sure, but 2WD is not too difficult to make from scratch using WR02 gearbox..(?)

Anyway, I remember seeing a like-new WR01 in the basement the other day while cleaning up the storage area of our basement..  it was abandoned by my younger son many years ago.. hummmm.. I should secretly transport it to my pretend RC shop.. oh wait, I have no room.  :angry:

As for the CW01, I think it has its place.   It’s wilder driving than the WR02CB and that makes it fun.   WR02CB is like a tame and well behaving funny looking off-roader.  It actually drives quite nicely especially since the CG is so much lower than the WW2.  

At this stage, I’d just cut the van body to match the GF01 chassis like I did Billy’s ClubBug.. (idea originally by JennyMo). 

17 hours ago, Kol__ said:

I took the MB put for a bash today and after a good session of jumping and donuts, I noticed one of the front wheels looked a bit off. Checked it out and the bottom shock mount had busted. Then looked at the other one and it has busted as well🙄😂

Looking a bit sorry for itself...

7q1m31w.jpeg

tPBXeq5.jpeg

9xvdkRR.jpeg

Quite a common area for a breakage I believe and tbh the 35 year old brittle plastic had held up quite well until now. From what I've read the area can be strengthened with a screw going right through from the front to the back and potentially a collar can be fitted around the front mount point to provide extra strength. Tamiya sure do allow for a lot of stress to be put through some thin pieces of plastics don't they!

Safe to say a new parts tree has been ordered and strengthening plans to be put into action👍

I have not pushed my MB that hard.. but I need to start pushing it’s limit. Let me know what reinforcements you end up adding as I may need to do the same

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Built the rear end of my FF03-R bits-a-build project, and attached it to the lower deck

spacer.png

spacer.png

Coming together nicely :)

• Like 10

Had some time this afternoon and started the build of the TD4 chassis. Up to step 12.

IMG_20220725_215022_compress32.thumb.jpg.c50ea615a1956425114f199914dfa0ca.jpg

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Frankster said:

I have not pushed my MB that hard.. but I need to start pushing it’s limit. Let me know what reinforcements you end up adding as I may need to do the same

Will do bud👍

1 hour ago, Juhunio said:

Built the rear end of my FF03-R bits-a-build project, and attached it to the lower deck

spacer.png

spacer.png

Wow mate! These things look the muts nuts😎

Got my heat shrink delivered 4 days early! So swapped out the connectors and tidied up the wiring. 

gMeSYCi.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Juhunio said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Look at all the blue 🤤

I am a sucker for Tamiya marketing 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

It handles much better than the CW-01, which is hardly surprising since the CW-01 only has, well, more or less the suspension of a Grasshopper. Come to think of it, this is also better than the SW-01s, which I had given up on. 

This one will be airbrushed using Tamiya PC paint, so there will be less risk of seepage of paint from being forced under the tape. 

My WR02 is the tractor, so has the outrageously tall tires. I think the Lunchbox has very predictable handling, and of course having proper shocks (instead of the stock pogo sticks) makes a big difference. I think tires/shocks/body makes a massive difference - remember your WR02CB has a much lower CoG due to the lexan body. I noticed when I took the Dump-Truck (hard body) off my GF01 it handled a million times better! The CW01 chassis only has hard body options and suffers accordingly.

1387783801_WhatsAppImage2022-07-26at12_02.08PM(1).thumb.jpeg.d91bfcb084d60e26597f1671c6a1bbc3.jpeg

989724213_WhatsAppImage2022-07-26at12_02_09PM.thumb.jpeg.f7bc9e92012f2220ff12424a9d21a8b5.jpeg

• Like 7

Earlier I sorted through my 'big tub of WT-01' to find a gearbox case without any splits / missing spars.

Also found parts trees for arms and sufficient used hubs to rebuild the 'loaner' Dual Hunter. I have nearly enough bits left over to make a 2WD truck - a Blackfoot Extreme? I must do that one day.

I started the process for fabbing the rear upper arms for my Mini Monster by scavenging some ball studs and rod ends from the parts I removed from the CR-01 when I monsterized it a little while back. 

And just now (because it seemed like a good idea at 3.45am), I've ordered some totally unnecessary parts for the TD4 I probably won't get round to building this year as I have three monster trucks to finish :ph34r:

• Like 5

4 hours ago, lsear2905 said:

The CW01 chassis only has hard body options and suffers accordingly.

Tamiya sold the CW01 with the polycarbonate Unimog body in 3 or 4 different prepainted colours from memory. 

Today I ordered a M06 Lotus Europa Special, hopefully it turns up for my birthday on Friday. 🙂 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, lsear2905 said:

remember your WR02CB has a much lower CoG due to the lexan body.

I know what you mean and that is probably true. However when I made that that statement, the body was not ready or even cut out yet. So I was comparing naked with naked. Now, it could be my Lunchbox was not set up so good anyway, being my first RC kit and over 10 years old. 

Today I bought myself a 3rd hand thingy from a local electrical shop to aid soldering. Tested out redoing a dodgy Dean’s connector on my M08 that started playing up at the end of the last Postal Racing session. All good now. I also picked up some 303 sealant that my Daughters ex-boyfriend introduced me a while ago. Seeing it get some good reviews on here cemented in my mind it was worth replenishing for RC body shells again.

DA291909-462C-473E-8731-03A10DB5EADD.md.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Frankster said:

Look at all the blue 🤤

I am a sucker for Tamiya marketing 

Oh, snap!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, lsear2905 said:

My WR02 is the tractor, so has the outrageously tall tires. I think the Lunchbox has very predictable handling, and of course having proper shocks (instead of the stock pogo sticks) makes a big difference. I think tires/shocks/body makes a massive difference - remember your WR02CB has a much lower CoG due to the lexan body. I noticed when I took the Dump-Truck (hard body) off my GF01 it handled a million times better! The CW01 chassis only has hard body options and suffers accordingly.

1387783801_WhatsAppImage2022-07-26at12_02.08PM(1).thumb.jpeg.d91bfcb084d60e26597f1671c6a1bbc3.jpeg

989724213_WhatsAppImage2022-07-26at12_02_09PM.thumb.jpeg.f7bc9e92012f2220ff12424a9d21a8b5.jpeg

Great pics :)

14 hours ago, Juhunio said:

spacer.png

That looks like a Tamiya dog

• Haha 6

14 minutes ago, GeeWings said:

Wooff03r

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, GeeWings said:

A Tamiya sausage dawg hopped up on crystal blue Tam-Tam!B)

• Haha 1

After being sick for almost 2 weeks, first I got the stomach flu for 5 days and then Corona felt pretty bad, today I felt a lot better still not 100%, so I took my new build fire dragon to the beach.

I really like the car it handles pretty wel and I liked it a lot , but after 1 battery pack the car was making a clicking noise so I went home,  at home I toke apart the rear gearbox and found some pieces of plastic in between the gears, at first I could not find where they are coming from because al the gears looked fine, then saw the problem, the hole in the spur gear  where the shaft is going in that normal lock the spur gear and look half moon was completed rounded out with some force you can turn the gear over the shaft that  have to  lock it.

I never have heard of seen it over here on the forum, so I think it is not a weak spot, I am going to order some new gears. I thinking to super glue the gear to the shaft to be sure that it is not going to happen again.

52243033119_9494d81b84_k.jpg

52243237435_2d83b09983_k.jpg

52243033064_8a7b93037d_k.jpg

• Sad 3

@dannymulder Sorry to hear about your illness and this gear that broke.   I too have not heard of those D-key’ed gears breaking.  Are you running a fast motor?

Hope you’re back to 100% and get your replacement gear soon!  

No today but yesterday evening. Came back from a work trip a bit earlier than expected, so decided to take out the Manta Ray for an urban stroll to get reacquainted with RC driving.

20220725-214533.jpg

20220725-214818.jpg

I stopped at a nearby park and, within minutes, the usual happened.

This new four legged friend was a real snorker, so many funny sounds while running after the car 😂🤣😂🐗 he was gentle too, did no more than a friendly nip on the rear wing (sometimes they just wanna eat your car!). 

Although in these twilight pics he looks more like the monster from Stranger Things

Screenshot-20220725-214312-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20220725-214514-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20220725-214338-Video-Player.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

14 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

@dannymulder Sorry to hear about your illness and this gear that broke.   I too have not heard of those D-key’ed gears breaking.  Are you running a fast motor?

Hope you’re back to 100% and get your replacement gear soon!  

Thank you, running  a 3900kv brushless motor on 2s lipo in it, a lot of people running brushless motor in this chassis whitout a problem, but to be safe I am going to glue the spur gear to the shaft.

• Like 1

@Ferruz Seems you attract all sorts of animals with your car!  :lol:  Those are fun pictures! 

@dannymulder Yeah, reinforcing sounds like a good idea.   

For me, did the number decals for the meter, made a glass out of scrap polycarbonate.. getting ready for paint. :D 

IMG_2022-7-26-104926.jpg.71b8d9b3bc81a0f7843fd70157740a59.jpg

Update.. painted the bits.. :D 

Will let it dry for a couple hours and do brush painting later today.  I don’t mean to rush myself, but I really like to get this done today so that I can clean my pretend RC shop before I start the Optima MID build.. it’s a bit dusty from the sanding   

IMG_2022-7-26-115203.jpg.28484b71719a74122415f9a09dce1e17.jpg

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 6