Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Got my FF03R up on its wheels :)

spacer.png

My first IFS build...very cool B)

spacer.png

• Like 15

My first TT01-E and my first RC Porsche. It only took about 3 hours to get to this stage!!! Wheels and tyres are not the kit ones. Won’t be VIP cup boxart but I need to work out a way to get rid of the Mobil sun shade as it will be a road car.

B1093FE4-4B35-4BFC-8872-72746734EA2E.jpg
81D35175-E633-426A-B42E-CEBC5F059D32.jpg
C725309B-4CD3-4101-A1AE-C3364F1C9210.jpg
also used cheap JK shocks as they have to be better than the pogos and come ready built 😇

Edited by Busdriver
  • Like 11

In other news, I got these 3rd party CF towers for my Optima MID so I CA’ed along the edges in prep for the future build.  

IMG_2022-7-26-131140.jpg.9de32c0e94aef4d0c5b16a137e38330a.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Busdriver said:

My first TT01-E and my first RC Porsche. It only took about 3 hours to get to this stage!!! Wheels and tyres are not the kit ones. Won’t be VIP cup boxart but I need to work out a way to get rid of the Mobil sun shade as it will be a road car.

B1093FE4-4B35-4BFC-8872-72746734EA2E.jpg
81D35175-E633-426A-B42E-CEBC5F059D32.jpg
C725309B-4CD3-4101-A1AE-C3364F1C9210.jpg
also used cheap JK shocks as they have to be better than the pogos and come ready built 😇

On my 1991 Audi V8 I opted to cut a piece of Carbon Fiber vinyl to cover up the Audi sunshade. I suppose it all depends on which color you choose to do the body, but it fits well with the Red/Black combo for me.

-RC Perspective

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@DarkSonic Oooo~!  Me likes.  :wub:  Has all the goodies..CF dual deck, HiCaps, turnbuckles to start.  My kind of car.  :D  GL with your build!

So for me, I am stumbling along on my vintage gas pump.  Ran into issue of dust caught up in the paint on the back side of the pump.  Seems I had some sort of static build up... Decided to sand it down and re-spray so I will not be able to finish the pump today.  No big deal, I rather spend the time to do it properly; more importantly, this is all part of the presentation for my RC cars so can't have junk paint jobs.   :D 

Update.. off to the freehand masking.. using e-tape.  I will then mask the inside white circle and spray where the red tape is.  Since there is no skill involved or intelligence, it is basically all hope.. :ph34r:     so wish me hope.. 

IMG_2022-7-26-185512.jpg.cb83d0626376da3462894f3ae006893a.jpg

Final update for the day.. Painted and removed the mask.. l think it made the cut..

IMG_2022-7-26-205301.jpg.e5ae0cac7776413a8c1c0fe71234bcee.jpg

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 4

Everyone in my house has had some kind of cold/flu/bug (but not Covid) and now I seem to have it too. Was really hoping to get on with my Hotshot rebuild but think it's going to have to wait. I might just spend any spare time cutting and prepping one of my PS shells for painting.

• Sad 4

Completed my GF-01 chassis build.... Then initial unpowered testing showed a problem with the chassis box internals causing "notching" (dont know what else to call it) when the wheels rotated.

Took the car apart, opened the chassis box, reseated bearings, removed tiny bits of flash within both gear diffs and rebuilt the car again.

Electronics tomorrow and starting the body paint.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, GeeWings said:

Everyone in my house has had some kind of cold/flu/bug (but not Covid) and now I seem to have it too. Was really hoping to get on with my Hotshot rebuild but think it's going to have to wait. I might just spend any spare time cutting and prepping one of my PS shells for painting.

Hope you and your crew are back up and feeling better soon mate. We've had a fair few of these in our household over recent months. I think this is due mostly to compromised immune systems from past lockdowns and having a young family who seem to bring everything home with them as they build their little immune systems😷🤧

15 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Today I bought myself a 3rd hand thingy from a local electrical shop to aid soldering. Tested out redoing a dodgy Dean’s connector on my M08 that started playing up at the end of the last Postal Racing session. All good now. I also picked up some 303 sealant that my Daughters ex-boyfriend introduced me a while ago. Seeing it get some good reviews on here cemented in my mind it was worth replenishing for RC body shells again.

DA291909-462C-473E-8731-03A10DB5EADD.md.

Ive always used the Meguiars Ultimate Detailer or Wax for my 1:1 on my rc's 👍

14 hours ago, GeeWings said:

That looks like a Tamiya dog

Haha I wonder if it poops Blue alloy doodys 😄

8 hours ago, Juhunio said:

Got my FF03R up on its wheels :)

spacer.png

My first IFS build...very cool B)

spacer.png

You guys are bad. I try my darnest to keep away from the FF thread, then you guys post these beauties everywhere 😍  :drool:

1 hour ago, GeeWings said:

Same here, big cold going around our house too, hope you and the others get better soon.🤧

I've done a (repeat) back injury so off work for a week. 90% of my rc stuff is stored in work, so it's not like I can go in to grab some stuff to tinker with at home. I have my M03 and M05 here, and 4 runners, but most of the parts and my paints are at work. 🤷🤦

• Like 2

Airbrushed 3 coats of PC-6 on to the Comical Hopper. The extremely old paint didn't spray too well but will hardly matter on a clear PC body. 

gltEGRR.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kol__ said:

Hope you and your crew are back up and feeling better soon mate. We've had a fair few of these in our household over recent months. I think this is due mostly to compromised immune systems from past lockdowns and having a young family who seem to bring everything home with them as they build their little immune systems😷🤧

Yes, nothing more serious than colds luckily. Fingers crossed for all our broods!

54 minutes ago, berman said:

Same here, big cold going around our house too, hope you and the others get better soon.🤧

I've done a (repeat) back injury so off work for a week. 90% of my rc stuff is stored in work, so it's not like I can go in to grab some stuff to tinker with at home. I have my M03 and M05 here, and 4 runners, but most of the parts and my paints are at work. 🤷🤦

Yes, seems to be everywhere doesn't it. More sorry to hear about your back. I totally sympathise. Look after yourself. 

54 minutes ago, berman said:

Haha I wonder if it poops Blue alloy doodys 😄

If only! That could be a good revenue stream!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Today I bought myself a 3rd hand thingy from a local electrical shop to aid soldering. Tested out redoing a dodgy Dean’s connector on my M08 that started playing up at the end of the last Postal Racing session. All good now. I also picked up some 303 sealant that my Daughters ex-boyfriend introduced me a while ago. Seeing it get some good reviews on here cemented in my mind it was worth replenishing for RC body shells again.

DA291909-462C-473E-8731-03A10DB5EADD.md.

I just got one like that too. I'm hoping it will help my very bad soldering, but I know it probably won't.

Tell me about 303. I keep seeing it mentioned recently...

5 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

Airbrushed 3 coats of PC-6 on to the Comical Hopper. The extremely old paint didn't spray too well but will hardly matter on a clear PC body. 

gltEGRR.jpeg

Lovely stuff! Tamiya did such a great job with the Comicals I reckon.

6 minutes ago, GeeWings said:

Lovely stuff! Tamiya did such a great job with the Comicals I reckon.

I only hope the PC stuff is going to stick as well as and as durable as the PS stuff. It is really difficult for me to get any S paints. 

Painted the driver figure of my TD2. Crudely hand-painted, I have airbrush set-up for scale modelling but was too lazy to set it up.

20220726_181349.jpg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, GeeWings said:

I just got one like that too. I'm hoping it will help my very bad soldering, but I know it probably won't.

Tell me about 303. I keep seeing it mentioned recently...

I have good days & bad days with soldering, keeping the iron tip clean is seems to be key. Once it burns or gets dirty then the troubles start. The 3rd hand was a great help holding stuff in place, the jaws just about hold a Deans connector, not sure about an XT60 though 🤔 

Someone used the 303 Touchless sealant on my 1:1 Car and Van, I was really impressed with it. Just like one of the ad’s I didn’t have to wash them again for 6 months!! Windows stay clean as well.

As there was a dribble left in the bottle I decided to try it on a Polycarbonate RC body a while ago, It worked perfectly, so easy to use, wet the surface, spray on, rinse off. That’s it 👍🏻 I now use it on hard bodies to seal them too. Makes runners easy to clean after a run, just rinse under a tap 😁. I haven’t had it affect any stickers either. 
Available at Supercheap & Autobahn.

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/303-303-touchless-sealant-spray-473ml/579912.html

Works for me.

Something I didn’t know (or try) until recently when @Willy iine pointed it out was using it on RC tyres as well? Not sure if that’s the Touchless or Rubber/Vinyl specific one though.

(I did see the Meguiars stuff @berman, along with some other brands too, just sticking to what I knew at the time. Most were the same price so probably the same thing re-branded?)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, GeeWings said:

Nothing crude about that @Gabranth. It totally looks the part from my perspective!

Thanks. By crude I mean I didn't do any prep work like I usually do with scale models using putty, primer, etc. But yeah, I'm satisfied with the end result.

• Like 1

Not RC related.

Experienced seeing a dead body in the bushes yesterday.

The man whose dogs found it just outside East Surrey Hospital had 1% battery on his phone, asked to use mine. i was just sitting on the bench in the grounds sending a message to my brothers. My Dad is in there. Been there 2 weeks

Had to describe it to the police operator, and wit till they arrived. Didnt look natural causes at all. Been there a couple days I would think. Had flies....

Yeah, wasn't really a very pleasant thing. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Doing rather than done, celebrating 37 years of marriage!!! As the joke goes you get less for murder.😂 seriously though I wouldn’t change Mrs BD for the world. Had our ups and downs but looking forward to the next 37!!!

• Like 6

Well, I'm off to a council meeting tonight to try and get them to build an off-road bmx/rc track as part of a local re-development... wish me luck!

If any local Melbournians would like to vote for my proposal, the link is here: https://haveyoursay.knox.vic.gov.au/lewis-park/skate-park-bmx-pump-track/story/279/393

I really hope it goes well - I'm sick of driving 30+ minutes for a decent RC track.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lsear2905 said:

Well, I'm off to a council meeting tonight to try and get them to build an off-road bmx/rc track as part of a local re-development... wish me luck!

If any local Melbournians would like to vote for my proposal, the link is here: https://haveyoursay.knox.vic.gov.au/lewis-park/skate-park-bmx-pump-track/story/279/393

I really hope it goes well - I'm sick of driving 30+ minutes for a decent RC track.

Good luck with your proposal :) Keep us posted on progress

We have no facility at all within an hour's, maybe even 90 minute drive. I keep having fleeting thoughts of getting off my backside and organising something or pushing for something to be built, but then the moment passes....

4 hours ago, lsear2905 said:

Interesting! How did it go?

I know we’ve messaged about this before but my memory is rubbish! Is the track at Knox no good? What track, if any, do you mostly use?

P.S. I’ve voted!

• Thanks 1