Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

@Ferruz really sorry to hear that. Sorry if you know all this already but it might help…

Many years ago I herniated (slipped) three discs and have had trouble ever since. One three occasions I have been unable to stand, literally having to crawl around until the doc comes to unlock my back. Other times my upper back over compensates and I end up with the pain you describe. The worst for me has been the sciatica which makes me feel like I’m losing my mind at night :( 

From my experience you need painkillers, anti inflammatory and anti-spasm (such as diazepam/ Valium) if your doc will provide them. 

Physio is good for longer term rehab but you probably need to find an osteo who can quickly fix via skeletal work. When mine has been really bad I sometimes need two visits a week for 2-3 weeks. People also swear by myotherapists but I’ve not tried and chiropractors but they do nothing for me. 

My long term strategy has been strengthening my core to compensate for my back weakness. Reformer Pilates really helps and I’ve just got a Peloton too. 
when I really over do it, I still get issues. Last weekend I filled a whole 8 foot skip in a weekend. I’m still sore and stiff now but nothing too serious! 

• Like 4

Started a new build & the accompanying thread. Very excited for this one!

Luke

• Like 2

Added a back wall to my temp work station so I can have a more useful area and not have to patch the wall when I move my table. Still can’t find all my rc hand tools though so the search continues.. :(

68F5CB6E-B1F2-487B-8534-13F84CE47593.thumb.jpeg.4ff09e0a51b2d762fefa33a58a82da7c.jpeg

• Like 2

Doesn’t sound like much fun at all @Ferruz I hope you get some good help soon mate.

If your ambulance service there have ‘Green Whistles’ in them I can highly recommend them. Instant relief. I collapsed on the floor getting out of bed once from a back injury and couldn’t move. Wife called the Ambo's who gave me one of the said whistle’s and within minutes I was on my feet and walked myself to the ambulance unaided. 

• Like 4

Checked 10X for the shiping status of my TRF511, and put up for sale a RC10 worlds car, a RC10T2 and a Terra Scorcher.

1 hour ago, Saito2 said:

My daughter got her first shot at driving an SRB this evening...

SC3 SC2 SC1

That feels good just looking at the pictures. :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Saito2 said:

My daughter got her first shot at driving an SRB this evening...

SC3 SC2 SC1

Well you beat all of us today! Well done!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/12/2022 at 9:37 AM, Ferruz said:

Once again... spent the last four days and four nights in complete agony. It started with what felt just like a bad draft on my upper back, but evolved into more and more pain. After a visit to a physio and one to a doctor, both quite worthless, I am now on the heaviest painkillers I've ever taken in my entire life... and to no avail! The burning dagger I feel stuck in my shoulder blade is there 24 hrs a day, driving me crazy (I "slept" about 3 hrs in the past 96). Public healtchare is full, waiting times are forever, private clinics are also hard to get to and horrendously expensive -though it looks like I'll have to cave in tomorrow morning, since I can no longer fuction or even think straight. Having quite some second thoughts about immigrating to this neck of the woods right now... 😑 excuse the rant folks, but hey, if I add this to the tooth thing I've been through less than two months ago it's starting to feel like some divine punishment... but I'm not superstitious so no way :P hopefully my frustration will soon turn into auto-healing power or something of the sort, also because a good part of my family came here to visit on Monday and I haven't seen them since they landed, which feels like the worst part of it all🤬

On anothe note, it's always fascinating just how far out the human mind can roam when it comes to extreme circustances, such as pain, sickness or sleep deprivation.  I wouldn't wish this to my worst enemy if I had one, but wow the random streams of consciousness I'm going through (and yeah, the meds 🤪🤯).

There's a silver lining, though: before becoming too compromised to do anything of the sort, I managed to follow through with sorting out the electronics for my Mid and I finally clicked on some "buy" buttons. Motor, ESC, servo, undertray and driver figure are now on their way! Some last few things to figure out, and I'll be ready to start the build. (crossing fingers I didn't order some cheapo 1/16 scale china bling combo for crawlers I don't even have... :ph34r:😅)

Thanks for the time and space, being able to randomly vent a little sometimes just makes this place even more special!

Will now try to look at the latest news on this thread while writhing on the floor between spasms 🤕

Sorry to hear @Ferruz   I hope you get better soon and back to taking more RC squirrel pics 

• Thanks 1

On 8/12/2022 at 3:10 AM, alvinlwh said:

It is a local holiday today so managed to get some painting done in the daytime. 

pxtWHmX.jpg

There are some bleeding, details in the build thread. 

Send link please

On 8/12/2022 at 4:10 PM, Busdriver said:

Have to say my photography is terrible. Taken from the wrong angle in the wrong light and too close!!! Yours looks really good in the great outdoors.I need to have a go at shutlines!!! Bought the tape but just never seem to do them. I think this body will benefit from them, even the sticker set has some built in, . Not sure what I’ll get done in the next few days. It’s just too hot for modelling at the moment.

These are just phone photos. I have a DSLR but never use it. Give the shut lines a go, takes a bit of getting used to but you get the hang of it. 🙂

I went to my LHS today, an old crawler mate was in there shopping and talking to the owner (also a mate) and they were talking about a scx24 they'd taken out of the box and it was missing a part and owner mentioned it had a small part repaired too. But he couldn't sell it 'as new'. Crawler mate asked if I'd bought one yet as we were talking about it last time we were both in the shop. Well I said "Nope, but how much for this one?" and I bought it, heavily discounted. 😁 Bought a charge cable (part missing) and some weighted parts to go with it.

rImcu0b.jpeg

bCc13Aw.jpeg

@Ferruz Hope you get better real soon mate, sorry to hear about your back pain! 🤒 I'm off another -/2 weeks and I'm not even on the good stuff for painkillers! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, berman said:

These are just phone photos. I have a DSLR but never use it. Give it a go, takes a bit of getting used to but you get the hang of it. 🙂

I went to my LHS today, an old crawler mate was in there shopping and talking to the owner (also a mate) and they were talking about a scx24 they'd taken out of the box and it was missing a part and owner mentioned it had a small part repaired too. But he couldn't sell it 'as new'. Crawler mate asked if I'd bought one yet as we were talking about it last time we were both in the shop. Well I said "Nope, but how much for this one?" and I bought it, heavily discounted. 😁 Bought a charge cable (part missing) and some weighted parts to go with it.

rImcu0b.jpeg

bCc13Aw.jpeg

@Ferruz Hope you get better real soon mate, sorry to hear about your back pain! 🤒 I'm off another -/2 weeks and I'm not even on the good stuff for painkillers! 

I feel for you and @Ferruz. I have suffered from back pain for the last 20 years. Had two lots of partially successful surgery 6 and 12 years ago then eventually last November had a major spinal fusion operation. Has been a great success though the long term effects of trapped nerves will be with me for ever. Way better than chronic back pain though. I ended up having to pay for the operation myself which was quite eye watering!!!! Keep well both of you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Busdriver said:

I feel for you and @Ferruz. I have suffered from back pain for the last 20 years. Had two lots of partially successful surgery 6 and 12 years ago then eventually last November had a major spinal fusion operation. Has been a great success though the long term effects of trapped nerves will be with me for ever. Way better than chronic back pain though. I ended up having to pay for the operation myself which was quite eye watering!!!! Keep well both of you.

Wow thats serious. I would imagine Ferruz is in a much worse state than me, and sounds like you were too! I'm not in need of any operations etc, but at my worst it took me 20 mins to physically get out of bed the first time, I couldn't bend my back at all, and every morning I've had to put a heat pack on it as soon as i got up, because as soon as I stand up, the load makes the pain unbearable. Yesterday was the first day I didn't have to take painkillers (celecoxib, norflex, codeine etc). I can stand for about half an hour and then I've got to sit as it starts to lock up. 

Got the new toy out for scale adventures 🤪

CjGiNQv.jpeg

• Like 6

Nice little score @berman, I picked up a used  one of those '24s with the old Chevy (I think it is) body. Those chargers are a regular point of failure, I had to source one from eBay. 

I think they are really cute trucks, saving mine up as a present for el kid.

• Like 2

GWT9Elz.jpeg

I opened up my GF01 heavy dump and spent an hour or two clearing out the differentials.

I bought my Heavy Dump chassis built but unused. The good was that I got CVA dampeners and the many ball bearings included. The bad was that the diffs were full of sticky black chewing gum like material.

Whilst a locked diff can help with off road, with the wide track width of the GF01 the result was a car that had half the tuning radius you'd expect. I love the GF01 for its nimble feel, so I decided to clean them out.

I wasn't 100% able to clean them all, but I got most of it out, and now with some grease in there they are much looser, and the heavy dump is back to tiny turning circles.

I also installed a 2s li ion battery, which gives a huge weight reduction, helping it feel even sparkier and a 20T steel pinion for a higher top speed.

• Like 3

Today ive had beers in the shade and bounced my Desert Scorcher around on the grass.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Doesn’t sound like much fun at all @Ferruz I hope you get some good help soon mate.

If your ambulance service there have ‘Green Whistles’ in them I can highly recommend them. Instant relief. I collapsed on the floor getting out of bed once from a back injury and couldn’t move. Wife called the Ambo's who gave me one of the said whistle’s and within minutes I was on my feet and walked myself to the ambulance unaided. 

Sounds a bit like the morphine button they give you after major spinal surgery. Whe it starts to hurt just one click and it all fades away!!!!🧚‍♀️🧚🧚‍♂️🦄🧌

• Like 2

So I rendered up the next mini work bench project for Willy’s shop on my premium high tech drawing equipment.  :ph34r:

Wish me hope.. :ph34r:

IMG_2022-8-13-120208.jpg.e5ff34ada8be598569339ee88b1af52a.jpg

Update.. so I decided the drawer would be too small to do two at this width so went with a comically huge single drawer.  

IMG_2022-8-13-170758.jpg.6b4979074327dcc95bd0d01b5442ffea.jpg

IMG_2022-8-13-170809.jpg.81cc3d989a892ea7ca9d1dfa7c7c8d85.jpg

I need to let the cement dry overnight before I can sand the separate bench top so this is all for today.  :D 

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 5

20 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

So I rendered up the next mini work bench project for Willy’s shop on my premium high tech drawing equipment.  :ph34r:

Wish me hope.. :ph34r:

IMG_2022-8-13-120208.jpg.e5ff34ada8be598569339ee88b1af52a.jpg

Good hope! Looks like my Dad's one (minus a vice, hint hint).

• Thanks 1

Went to the County show. 

Now I want a Farm King... 

3MNz2wU.jpg

Or a Tumbling Bull... 

xFseggy.jpg

• Like 3

19 hours ago, GeeWings said:

The worst for me has been the sciatica which makes me feel like I’m losing my mind at night :( 

Thanks a lot guys for the kind words and the support, and for your advice as well! I've dealt with sciatica too, that's a horrible one that takes forever to go away (and for some, it never does) :( I've learned in time that I need to shield myself from extreme humidity in order to avoid it, it seems to work as long as I do that, using thermal underwear and layers in the winter.

19 hours ago, GeeWings said:

From my experience you need painkillers, anti inflammatory and anti-spasm (such as diazepam/ Valium) if your doc will provide them.  

After my claim to 4 sleepless nights in a row, I was given exactly that, all of the above plus morphine on top of it 😲 it did absolutely nothing, I mean, diazepam+morphine did make me sleepy, but the issue was the actual pain overcoming any sleepiness whatsoever.

Apparently I am extremely resilient to those drugs, found that out a couple months ago with my tooth issue, weird since in normal life I don't even take any mild painkillers.

I ended up ditching the valium and morphine yesterday, I wasn't too happy to take that type of stuff to begin with anyway. I'm still on four different things now, but nothing opiate based or with the risk of causing addiction.

@Re-Bugged your "Green Whistles" sound like a game changer! Man I wish they had such things over here, but nope. Your message was the last thing I read before passing out on the floor for a couple precious hours, and I may or may not have dreamt of a Re-Bugged plated King Hauler showing up with a container worth of those 🤤🔋🔋🔋

12 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Thank you for your message, which also puts things in perspective for me. I really feel for you and am sorry to hear what you've been through, but am glad that the last operation has been a success.

I gotta say, my situation is not comparable to yours, my issues being merely muscular and not skeletal/structural. Maybe the pain itself can be compared, but after all what I have is only a muscle spasm, although a nasty one, worst case scenario involving a pinched nerve, maybe not even that. Apparently it was a combination of factors that led to this spasm, a big one being somatizing my psychological stress as much as enduring straining postures at work, but it's nothing chronic or permanent. My spine is fine and I don't need surgery or operation, I can even hope to be back on my skateboard within a few weeks (...), so I should consider myself very lucky after all. I wish you all the best with your back Busdriver, and that the chronic pain will remain a distant memory. 

For what concerns my situation, it got a little better yesterday after a massotherapy session. The masseuse actually listened to my explanation, said she dealt with the same issue herself in the past, and then knew just where to touch and what to do. She got rid of most of the lump on my shoulder blade, so I could finally have some semblance of sleep last night (even though on the floor, the bed is still a far away target).

Now I'm still all broken up and the pain is still here, but I feel like it's starting to relax and get a little better, whereas before the massotherapy it just kept getting worse and worse (makes sense, an inflammation can't possibly start healing if things in affected area are far out of place).

I just hope to heal asap because my family is here for 3 weeks, and I couldn't even see them for the entire first week -spent my last strain of energy driving them into town from the airport on Monday and haven't seen them since.

Anyway thanks again folks for the warmth and support 😊 things will get better, and going back to my usual stretching routine instead of slacking out like I did lately will hopefully keep the trouble away.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Finished my TD4 Super Avante and had a first short run. It was very warm day today and the air flow inside the car seems to be improvable. So after about five to six minutes running on short  grass the 1060 ESC shut down. But those five minutes show me the potential of the car and the ability to take more power and speed (currently running a 12T brushed motor). Very smooth car.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Nice little score @berman, I picked up a used  one of those '24s with the old Chevy (I think it is) body. Those chargers are a regular point of failure, I had to source one from eBay. 

I think they are really cute trucks, saving mine up as a present for el kid.

Cool, that's the one I wanted (owning a 1:1 chevy pickup), but this was offered to me at a huge discount because it didn't have a charger. The owner and crawler mate mentioned it was hit and miss with the chargers, but I bought one for $10 anyway. Crawler mate had a 10 pack of the plugs and offered me one so I could make my own adapter for one of my chargers, but he lives 40mins out of the city, so it was just easier to grab one there. 

19 hours ago, berman said:

Got the new toy out for scale adventures 🤪

CjGiNQv.jpeg

Decided to remove the side decals and mask and paint the roof, same as my old scx10ii that I shouldn't have sold.

C39uwVE.jpeg

KmQjTNA.jpeg

• Like 2