Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Restoring a TA03F and found some cracks in the plastic. Should still hold up I suspect but not for anything other than a light run

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-21 at 10.10.38 AM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-21 at 10.10.38 AM.jpeg

• Sad 2

22 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Yes it’s mine. When I bought mine L&L only did the blue and white livery. I found the Belga set on the bay! The stripes were included and actually contoured pretty well with a little warm persuasion. I think there maybe a couple of stickers in the L&L set that aren’t in mine but I’m quite happy with the outcome. The only downside to the shell is the front plough especially if you are going to use it as a rally car. It’s very low and if you try and cut it back too much I think it would look wrong!

Oh so there is two versions? I have no idea, just got asked to paint it 😄

I doubt this one will get used to be honest. Either on display or sold to a customer more than likely.

______

Today I went back to my LHS to fix a clod buster after getting some of my parts for it out of storage. It keeps breaking, I've never seen a clod so fragile. I also picked up a faster and metal geared servo for my lunchbox and some bearings for the DT03, and installed them both.

Now shopping for some dampers and maybe a cheap brushless system for the DT03, and a racing fighter body maybe.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, berman said:

Oh so there is two versions? I have no idea, just got asked to paint it 😄

I doubt this one will get used to be honest. Either on display or sold to a customer more than likely.

______

Today I went back to my LHS to fix a clod buster after getting some of my parts for it out of storage. It keeps breaking, I've never seen a clod so fragile. I also picked up a faster and metal geared servo for my lunchbox and some bearings for the DT03, and installed them both.

Now shopping for some dampers and maybe a cheap brushless system for the DT03, and a racing fighter body maybe.

I think there’s 3 versions in TT01/2 size. Motovision , Belga and Will Gollop. They also do an M chassis version

edit 4 actually, Computervision, Belga, Bastos & Will Gollop.

• Like 2

I saw the 1:1 at the Brooklands Museum a couple of months ago and I have to say, @pininfarina, yours is stunning. I would love to have one for the shelf but I know I couldn't reach your standard!

Applied some color to the box.. will mask and silver up the main pipes later.  B)

IMG_2022-9-21-080232.jpg.a9616b778ab8df69fd60485f5e4de2dd.jpg

That bottom tray looks like a super market meat tray.. :ph34r: Could’ve saved me some time..:lol: ;)

Update.. injected some life into this thing.. B)    Now looks the part.. I think.  

IMG_2022-9-21-144119.jpg.288361637bc1acfa4768ee550c3597c9.jpg

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 8
  • Haha 3

I also reached a point where I am happy with with my Defender's marker lights and front indicators.

2022-09-21_04-16-44

I was not all that impressed with the stock arrangement, which consists of little domes moulded into the grille piece which you are expected to paint to represent lights. My results looked anything but convincing, so I drilled out the domes and replaced them with 5mm domed LEDs. Better, but still not all that great. Today I made up some little 1.5mm bezels for them, which I think finished them off nicely. 

The bezels could do with being even thinner still for scale fidelity, but with the combination of my eyesight and coordination, this is as thin as they're going to get. 😁

• Like 12

Hello!  Finally, I found a little time for the hobby) My friend asked to design adapters for TA02, that would allow to use predrilled bodies from TL01, TT01, TT02 etc.  

The result on the photos below) Enjoy

IMG_20220921_201309_739.jpg

IMG_20220921_201319_604.jpg

IMG_20220921_201344_052.jpg

• Like 15

3 minutes ago, SimTechRC said:

Hello!  Finally, I found a little time for the hobby) My friend asked to model fasteners that would allow the use of new bodies from TT01 and others on older chassis, such as TA02.  Actually, the photo that came out of it)

That's a superb idea! Ive got several shells that ive thought about switching between chassis types but the thought of drilling extra holes in a painted body has always put me off.

• Like 3

Glued an M4 bolt into a leftover wheel hub from my TT02 kit and then designed and printed a base for it to make a stand for painting wheels.

1.thumb.jpg.aa228e36d8a281c64164d1dda6ea4cd2.jpg2.thumb.jpg.f31cf215031ec95cbd8ab90c64de258b.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.a52518c582f54b3fcecc4125d356aa24.jpg4.thumb.jpg.13c0c877ecde155e60f92066ddb438f5.jpg

• Like 6

19 hours ago, Smirrors said:

Restoring a TA03F and found some cracks in the plastic. Should still hold up I suspect but not for anything other than a light run

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-21 at 10.10.38 AM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-21 at 10.10.38 AM.jpeg

Sorry to see.. while you get replacements, might be worth trying some CA..(?)

Dang, everyone is making all these awesome 3D printed parts!  Nice work @SimTechRC.

3D printed parts = Professional  B)

Willy iine eyeballed with hope parts = ProfessionNO!  :angry:

..:ph34r:

:lol:

• Thanks 1

I showed my wife a picture of my Mini with the roof box.  She didn't compliment me or anything, she just said it looks like the bunny with a pancake on his head.   

Anyway, I hope I make @provdes proud!  Thanks again for the idea.  I posted more pictures in the gallery only thread.  

IMG_2022-9-21-161136.thumb.jpg.a5d4ee8f3caf6cacca95d42d3564df56.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

I showed my wife a picture of my Mini with the roof box.  She didn't compliment me or anything, she just said it looks like the bunny with a pancake on his head.   

Anyway, I hope I make @provdes proud!  Thanks again for the idea.  I posted more pictures in the gallery only thread.  

IMG_2022-9-21-161136.thumb.jpg.a5d4ee8f3caf6cacca95d42d3564df56.jpg

How does this handle?  Ever give it a spin?

27 minutes ago, Frankster said:

How does this handle?  Ever give it a spin?

It should drive fine as it is quite light in weight unlike metal RC roof baskets.   It doesn’t feel too top heavy.  I would say no different than a 1:1 car with roof box..(?)

No RC for me today. In fact the next few days will be juggling work, kids (they are on school holiday), puppy (still not getting the toilet training ;) ) and setting up my new home network. I’m hoping this resolved our Wi-Fi issues once and for all!

0FAD708D-F846-499A-8D40-D3265CF6C7A7.jpeg.f9dce1dc1c8af06e2fff05382767e72f.jpeg

I did also order a lot of RC supplies (including 20 cans of spray paint) so that I don’t get held up again. Should now have everything I need to finish my Honda City Turbo, Wild Willy GF01 and Comical Hornet. Still need to decide what I’m doing with the body of my Hotshot/supershot build. I think I might go all black or maybe black and some 80’s neon nonsense! ;) 

• Like 5

This was a used TA03F i boughed used and dirty a few weeks back. Finally got it cleaned and back together last night.

Decided that since she had copped abuse from her last owner that she should get a nice gifts to compensate, a fresh set of TA03 Super Low Friction Dampers (New old stock) and some fresh shoes.

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-22 at 8.13.08 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-22 at 8.13.09 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-22 at 8.13.10 AM.jpeg

• Like 8

Tested my TL-02 (mid motored MF-01X) today. It doesn't look like it, but it was a success 😁

received_788692382282695.jpeg

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Honza said:

Tested my TL-02 (mid motored MF-01X) today. It doesn't look like it, but it was a success 😁

received_788692382282695.jpeg

That's how all the 3d printed parts I've ever used have ended up looking....

14 minutes ago, toyolien said:

That's how all the 3d printed parts I've ever used have ended up looking....

The arm was printed more than a year ago and survived several crashes. I guess that PLA became more brittle over time. It's been also printed with thin walls and little infill. Anyway, it's better to break the arm than its mounting.

Picked up a used Mini Monte Carlo a while ago. Getting around to adding bearings which was not installed.  A pain taking apart the two M-05 chassis halves to swap out nylon for metal ball bearings.  Wish it was easier like the buggies with a transmission subframe in the DF-02FEB71AE8-7556-4837-9F6C-218B68B02523.jpeg.744fa97dea5cdc6c9ca8f3bdd2ae1390.jpeg072CCFC1-B912-46FE-8B45-E255F2CFE038.jpeg.fea3ba4412ca3e1c5e3a5e4b2e5720f8.jpeg

• Like 5

@Frankster For some reason I thought you got the M01 Monte Carlo.   GL with the painting and a bunch of decals!  :lol:

It’s a fun car for sure.