Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 9/21/2022 at 7:43 PM, Busdriver said:

I think there’s 3 versions in TT01/2 size. Motovision , Belga and Will Gollop. They also do an M chassis version

edit 4 actually, Computervision, Belga, Bastos & Will Gollop.

Sorry I meant polycarbonate body manufacturers. But thanks for the list of 6r4 liveries. Unfortunately I don't want extra work trying to source decals etc to do something the owner already has the provisions for, sounds like he is happy with the Belga livery, even if I have to do the stripes myself. 🙂

On 9/21/2022 at 10:46 PM, Willy iine said:

I showed my wife a picture of my Mini with the roof box.  She didn't compliment me or anything, she just said it looks like the bunny with a pancake on his head.   

:lol:

Anyway, I hope I make @provdes proud!  Thanks again for the idea.  I posted more pictures in the gallery only thread.  

IMG_2022-9-21-161136.thumb.jpg.a5d4ee8f3caf6cacca95d42d3564df56.jpg

@Willy iine That looks amazing! I love the detail of the silver cross bar with the black end caps. Nice touch! What did you make the roof box out of? It looks like a difficult shape to make from sheet material.

If it's anything like my 1:1 roof box it should be filled with heavy camping gear, snacks and outdoor games. That will mess up the handling good and proper.

Makes me feel like a cheater for buying a metal rack! I have just ordered some styrene sheets for making an interior plate for my bug, but I'm a little way off getting to that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Willy iine said:

@Frankster For some reason I thought you got the M01 Monte Carlo.   GL with the painting and a bunch of decals!  :lol:

It’s a fun car for sure.   

Thanks. Going to paint red and back with bright silver and then black 🤞

• Like 1

1 hour ago, provdes said:

@Willy iine That looks amazing! I love the detail of the silver cross bar with the black end caps. Nice touch! What did you make the roof box out of? It looks like a difficult shape to make from sheet material.

If it's anything like my 1:1 roof box it should be filled with heavy camping gear, snacks and outdoor games. That will mess up the handling good and proper.

Makes me feel like a cheater for buying a metal rack! I have just ordered some styrene sheets for making an interior plate for my bug, but I'm a little way off getting to that.

Thanks! :D    I made the box out of 0.020" plasticard sheet (styrene).   Honestly if I spent more time on it it could look a bit more interesting, but honestly speaking did not want to spend too much time or effort on it.  :lol:    GL with your interior!

I had to go to the office again today for my money making gig, so did not have any time to do any real work (RC that is). 

My kid drew me my City Turbo so printed and framed it.  I posted a shot in the gallery thread if interested.  Thanks for checking it out.  :D 

IMG_2022-9-22-234141.jpg.8b318b1381ad9235cc108c03e5661929.jpg

• Like 12

17 hours ago, Honza said:

Tested my TL-02 (mid motored MF-01X) today. It doesn't look like it, but it was a success 😁

received_788692382282695.jpeg

Do you have more photos of posts of the project? Is it pretty much a 3D printed MF01x?

Swapped in the new blue bits to get my TB02-R as blue as possible...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Just need to find the blue damper caps now. One day....

spacer.png

spacer.png

The body shell is ready for stickering....

• Like 8

54 minutes ago, Nikko85 said:

Do you have more photos of posts of the project? Is it pretty much a 3D printed MF01x?

I made a topic in "TC designs" once I knew that I'll be able to finish it :) It documents progress and some thoughts behind the design. 

It's a redesigned rear portion of the chassis, replacing parts A2/4 and B10/11. My aim was maximum compatibility with minimum extra parts needed for conversion - once I do a few more tests and fix some issues, I'll upload the files. 

The arms are from previous project, as I've been experimenting with a "full size" MF01X for some time :)

Edit: now I noticed you even responded in the topic 😀

Looking nice @Juhunio !

Can i ask what you used for the headlights? I have some builds coming up that I want to tint the front and rear light lenses.

14 minutes ago, Tobyone said:

Looking nice @Juhunio !

Can i ask what you used for the headlights?

Thanks very much 👍

I used this stuff, it's a translucent yellow film.

spacer.png

It's a little fiddly to get it to follow the contours of the body shape but with constant hairdryer support it seemed to go ok!

I tried translucent yellow spray paint (PS-42) but just couldn't get it to take consistently. The film worked out much better

• Thanks 1

On 9/21/2022 at 9:52 AM, pininfarina said:

decaling the tyre. almost there.

Holy Moly! The detail on those disc brakes :)

So my money making gig at the office yesterday kind of wiped me out so I'm taking it easy today WFH..  

I framed the other picture my older son drew (top left comical jet reaching mach1) for me a while back and decorated my pretend RC shop.   :D    He drew the comical military tank and all the other illustrations in my pretend RC shop..

Yes, that is a real cymbal in the picture.. lol 

IMG_2022-9-23-104852.jpg.89fe0d3e57f6ef0e00670beebfaffb8d.jpg

• Like 5

In other news.. I have this Pajero that has been sitting idle and bored in the background for years.. In order to stay in my limited space pretend RC shop, it needs to look more distinct and have more presence.

I think I can make this thing look a bit more interesting by adding Billy and making a high precision EWH seat back, roof rack, and a box..?  :ph34r:

IMG_2022-9-23-104905.jpg.928c750c778e8da0ddefa5a0d5500e5c.jpg

The biggest downer for me are the decal head lamps and tails.. I wish Tamiya did a separate injection molded plastic grill with lens like on the LandCruisers.. it just flattens my motivation to do anything on this car.   It's like modifying something just to make it normal..?   

• Like 1

Replacing DIY parts with more DIY parts in the search for ORV driving nirvana... the previous front shock towers were sculpted from a rollerblade brake, and they weren't identical side to side, which was made painfully apparent after switching to shorter shocks. The new towers are hewn from flat aluminum heatsinks robbed off an inoperable inverter, both sandwiched and bolted together so they're identical this time! Getting a rough idea of the geometry after going back to using the standard lower shock mounting locations. Previously this car had long shocks mounted to the extra holes in the bottom of the caster blocks. I was going to try to use the rear shock mounts in the first pic for this, but the holes didn't line up right, and I don't have the equipment to drill part of a hole accurately. I have a different idea for those anyway :ph34r:

shock_mounts_01.jpg

shock_mounts_02.jpg

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Willy iine said:

IMG_2022-9-22-234141.jpg.8b318b1381ad9235cc108c03e5661929.jpg

Wow! Quite some skills there, it turned out super cool!! Congrats to your son :)👏

• Thanks 1

While fixing some things around the house yesterday, I found a box of old jewelry supplies belonging to my lady.

Upon opening, an idea instantly materialized 💡: that box contained everything I've been looking for to create an antenna for my Lancia Delta! I only had to cannibalize a couple pieces.

20220923-113324.jpg

And antenna it is20220923-113701.jpg

Up to here it was easy, but the mounting part required a bit of thinking, since I didn't want to drill a hole in the body shell. Eventually I decided to go for a piece of transparent decal sheet:

20220923-121036.jpg

It actually turned out well as a mounting system: it's holding up the antenna nicely, and if I flick it with my fingers it bounces right back, so there shouldn't be any issues in case of light, maybe even medium running.

20220923-123713.jpg

I'm happy with how it looks, such a small detail but it adds a lot of realism even at a glance 😊👍

20220923-150042.jpg

• Like 17

So before I commit to a full blown project with the Pajero, I thought maybe I’ll do a feeler first.. using my EWH techniques.. :ph34r:

IMG_2022-9-23-180957.jpg.8fbacb9ba240059d640fad51e993d83e.jpg

IMG_2022-9-23-181012.jpg.584cbdfb4cca459d6a9463382bebeccf.jpg

Update..  will give it some color tomorrow.  :D 

IMG_2022-9-23-211326.jpg.a4e082704fdd6debf8e01924346d2802.jpg

IMG_2022-9-23-191417.jpg.320182dd9566bbd7dfeb9404048dacdd.jpg

• Like 10

I like your lowrider CC-01 @Willy iine. I've one of the lowering kits in the loft. Can't remember why I bought it now?! 

Given the tinted windows and with that exhaust and chrome rims, how about a rear spoiler to make it proper drifty? Take off the front bull bar and give it a chin spoiler too?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

I like your lowrider CC-01 @Willy iine. I've one of the lowering kits in the loft. Can't remember why I bought it now?! 

Given the tinted windows and with that exhaust and chrome rims, how about a rear spoiler to make it proper drifty? Take off the front bull bar and give it a chin spoiler too?

Excellent ideas, thank you!  :D 

And sorry my car looks like a piece of crap.. lol

Picked up a Arrma 25t servo saver (the factory one in my granite died) and a set of TL-01 B Parts from my LHS, because I needed the servo spline and spring for the DT-03, as I can't seem to find my stack of directly connected servo saver parts trees 🤷

• Like 2

I've been redecorating the man cave over the last few weeks inbetween work and work and the odd occasional sleeping!  (Not a big man cave by no means compared to some of the stunning caves I've seen on here but nevertheless it keeps my cars save and away from eyes that question things......if you know what I mean:ph34r:;))  anyway I've seen these knocking around on the social media sites for a while and thought I'd give them a go the avante original poster wasn't particularly cheap but in the cave looks a million dollars and the mid pack poster is brilliant quality and again looks really cool in the back drop of my kyosho's I used frameless frames that only cost a few £ and I think makes them look effective because of the small space they are going to be put in:D

20220924_093152.jpg

• Like 8

Today ive redesigned the front mount+post for the Blitzed DT03 to use a latch and a single screw instead of two screws, this makes it so one does need to remove the whole post mount to get at the second screw, eliminating the removal of two more screws to get access to second screw to actually be able to replace the post when it breaks.

I broke the original one when i accidentally jumped into an obstacle at the local skatepark and got annoyed that replacing it took more time than necessary, with this redesign and bringing spares it will be a matter of a minute or so fix if/when i break it again.

vMHlY10.png

• Like 2