Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Picked up a used TamTech Desert Gator (well.. it was a Desert Gator body on a GB-02 chassis) and went to town cleaning it up and adding a brushless combo.  As the ball differential on the GB-02 is going to be increasingly hard-to-find, I removed and saved the ball differential and swapped in a gear differential from the newer TamTech lineup.  

GB-02DesertGator.jpg

GB-02DesertGator1.jpg

• Like 8

@moffman Very cool posters!  Next summer I plan to attach magnets on the walls of the extended pretend RC shop space and mount empty boxes on the walls.  Basically magnets on the walls attract magnets inside the base of the box (no adhesives or holes on the boxes themselves), then close the lids while on the wall vertically.   B)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

@moffman Very cool posters!  Next summer I plan to attach magnets on the walls of the extended pretend RC shop space and mount empty boxes on the walls.  Basically magnets on the walls attract magnets inside the base of the box (no adhesives or holes on the boxes themselves), then close the lids while on the wall vertically.   B)

Oh I did similar to that a few years ago I used them adhesive wall mounts which when you are finished or changing around etc you just pull the little tab and they fall off with no Mark's and damage they work very well indeed:D but what I found with the boxes which I was very surprised with was although they weren't near any light the boxes still got bleached:( so just be careful mate and do keep an eye on them! 

• Thanks 1

BF2

Took the Blackfoot out for a Saturday morning run. After "blueprinting" it during the build process, it has been a trouble-free runner, almost...dare I say...Traxxas-like in its reliability. Nothing seems to get loose, fall off, randomly break/crack, strip or skip. It just flat runs and that's a good thing.

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, moffman said:

Oh I did similar to that a few years ago I used them adhesive wall mounts which when you are finished or changing around etc you just pull the little tab and they fall off with no Mark's and damage they work very well indeed:D but what I found with the boxes which I was very surprised with was although they weren't near any light the boxes still got bleached:( so just be careful mate and do keep an eye on them! 

I do worry about fading, but then I sometimes ask myself, considering my age, who am I saving these for?  

And since last November when I moved to the current space (my funny son said dad’s pretend RC shop was going through financial difficulties and was “evicted” from the previous larger room, next phase, total liquidation going out of business sale! :lol:) and I decided to display all boxes that are not in the time capsule.   

The window blinds are always closed and use LED lights so hopefully they will last a while.  :D 

• Like 1

Success! Added a crossbrace/front body mount and got everything shimmed up--it drives awesome! So much tighter and more balanced than ever before, and there's not even oil in the shocks yet!

shock_mounts_03.jpg

shock_mounts_04.jpg

shock_mounts_05.jpg

• Like 7

Hi Everybody, first post.

I took the DT-03 out today for the first time. She’s stock (at the moment). Ran a couple of batteries through and was really impressed. I love this car 😍 She’s nippy and nimble and everything held on over quite rough gravel and potholed tarmac.  I then came in and ordered some turnbuckles. 

727F6995-7252-42FD-97DD-D0420A9D4124.jpeg

• Like 12

@Nick-W Welcome! I'm pretty new here too. It's a great forum!

Today I went out and bought some soldering flux so I could finishing off my wiring setup. There is a whole thread on it here.

This is what I ended up with, and it works! 

RC CAR UBEC BYPASS WIRING 2S LIPO.jpg

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Willy iine said:

For today, going to see if I can make a splitter of some sort following @Badcrumble’s recommendation.. hummmm..

IMG_2022-9-24-073323.jpg.60943bae1bda5db85bd52b0e167b6ae4.jpg

Ooh, more of a challenge than I thought but I reckon you can do it with your plasticard fabrication skills. 

I do like the exhaust :D.

And the roof box on the Mini - way more aerodynamic than the car it is sitting on!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Willy iine said:

And sorry my car looks like a piece of crap.. lol

Not to me! You should see my Pajero, it is in a really sorry state...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Not to me! You should see my Pajero, it is in a really sorry state...

Oh, I thought you were saying you forgot why you got the low rider kit after seeing my ugly car.  I was like ZING~!   :D  

Thanks, I had to work on putting away my 1:1 car today so did not get much time to work on RC..  I have the basic shape of the splitter done.. 

• Haha 2

Weekend!  Finally.  After chores and spending time with kids, last night I started my RC work.

Lightly sanded down the beetle shell as there was lint stuck under clear coat. 

Finished painting my first Willy. 
7391A34E-969C-488A-843E-85E5989D2732.thumb.jpeg.2b15810a1e52de7f61144c1893f543fd.jpeg

Masking for Mini to receive paint

9FC669CC-BC88-47D2-AD55-77B6210BE2EB.thumb.jpeg.acc73d63a8f0b7fc7fab40cf9697a176.jpeg

Masking driver cockpit for 911 RSR Safari

F551DDC5-CF85-49FC-9EB9-92F4E310C875.thumb.jpeg.c0bb9d379b7046560459108415324b6a.jpeg

Sunday will be painting day!

• Like 7

Carbon neutral. Who wants a lift?

qds9Pde.jpeg

8DqgYt6.jpeg

xkcyMN7.jpeg

You can pedal there, I'll pedal back. Lol.

I'm going to use the motor, the go kart is probably heavier than the Volvo, and that weighs 2 elephants.

hwcr7iY.jpeg

Might need to upgrade to brushless to pull the Volvo.

I don't know what could possibly go wrong with this next scenario??

I9QJ1SO.jpeg

I have to admit I didn't have the courage to let go as there is a crossroad at the bottom, and then the North Sea.

Next time I will use my car to block the road and go full speed. Lol

• Haha 5

Family friend was gifted a used Aero Avante DF-02 and they asked me to take a look and tune up the car.  Overall electronics are old and not responsive, front tires worn and rear wing cracked.  Rest was good and had bearings installled. Took it apart, added grease, added missing body pins and added an receiver antenna post. A moderate cleaning also helped bring back some shine.  

First time working with this chassis and good to see old school metal diff gears and metal dog bones.  I am seeing too much plastic in the new TT-02B chassis these days

9B9E1E15-8422-4F63-A0C8-496572D32781.jpeg.56ac3cc439606189a07445c655a0721a.jpegBCEEFF18-10AF-4E1C-8816-5E9F85BA0262.jpeg.490b7b3020f93472c8c163fbc15ebf46.jpeg0222E1EE-96F1-434A-ADCD-B5870DB75AC8.jpeg.95abb8e906f017d4d0514e507eb9df73.jpegD178E476-5874-4924-A760-5D9B6C09A0A6.jpeg.11dedf2aa388d58227cb694c47825322.jpeg4709958A-8B87-4DC2-A3D1-F49243DA4ADE.jpeg.2189fe54063d94f79e6b8384559829a2.jpegC8005702-75DC-4C30-90E5-58704E4A6377.jpeg.1fedf9bd6c0c6a73c2f95f8cce4031b7.jpeg63689DC2-9C06-479E-95D4-3371AC21C07F.jpeg.208b29f224371fb5532fdcd085eac036.jpeg

All clean

102475F7-3DC1-4EEC-9C9D-F8D7C2920FDC.jpeg.9f039dee3d420da94dce09e1406bea3e.jpeg

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, wolfdogstinkus said:

Carbon neutral. Who wants a lift?

qds9Pde.jpeg

8DqgYt6.jpeg

xkcyMN7.jpeg

You can pedal there, I'll pedal back. Lol

😅

Nice Volvo trailer!  740?

That cannot be a volvo hood in the front…

5 minutes ago, Frankster said:

😅

Nice Volvo trailer!  740?

That cannot be a volvo hood in the front…

We call it a bonnet, but I think it was a 940?

6oTFWuJ.jpeg

I'll get a picture of the back for you, it's missing the badge but you can see where it was and I thought it was a 940 but I could be wrong. 

I didn't build it, the guy I bought it from did it, still had an MOT when he chopped it up apparently.

27 minutes ago, wolfdogstinkus said:

We call it a bonnet, but I think it was a 940?

👍 keeping it in the Volvo family 🤗

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Frankster said:

👍 keeping it in the Volvo family 🤗

I did think about a matching tow car, but he chopped the front off for a reason and as it had an MOT at the time, the only reason I can think of, is that the front of this Volvo was rubbish. Lol. 

Heavy, slow, but indestructible, it's probably still intact somewhere driving around. Lol

Edit, to add, the more I think about it, the more convinced I am that someone, somewhere is riding a Harley Davidson (hardly moving son), with a Volvo front end, it makes perfect sense.. to me anyway. Lol

• Like 1

Today i designed and printed an attachment that clips over and screws into the spare hole on the back of DT02/DT03 motormounts/gearboxes, its got a hole in the top so a flagpole can easily be added or removed.

This to make using laptrax colortrack mode easier for me

9fovgfy.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wolfdogstinkus said:

Edit, to add, the more I think about it, the more convinced I am that someone, somewhere is riding a Harley Davidson (hardly moving son), with a Volvo front end, it makes perfect sense.. to me anyway. Lol

Lol. I really want to see it.