Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

22 hours ago, bRIBEGuy said:

That looks awesome.  Who is making that @GeeWings?

Check out RC Ciao on Facebook. It’s not available yet though.

• Thanks 1

@Juhunio great work on both cars. Lovely stuff!

And good purchase @Willy iine. As you said; shame about the decal quality but you seem to have solved that very nicely. Hope the wheel clearance issue is as easy to solve!

• Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, GeeWings said:

And good purchase @Willy iine. As you said; shame about the decal quality but you seem to have solved that very nicely. Hope the wheel clearance issue is as easy to solve!

Thanks, the rubbing is fixed.   B)

@Nick-W  Sounds like fun!!  

I suppose you can get some thin generic polycarbonate sheets from Amazon, drill holes to match your chassis screws, heat gun to contour to your chassis, paint the top side (inside) black and mount it on your car.   I’d make a few so you can swap them out when needed.   GL!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

I suppose you can get some thin generic polycarbonate sheets from Amazon, drill holes to match your chassis screws, heat gun to contour to your chassis, paint the top side (inside) black and mount it on your car.   I’d make a few so you can swap them out when needed.   GL!!

Great idea. I was wondering if there was an off the shelf part but making something like that, almost semi-disposable, seems like a good plan. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nick-W said:

Great idea. I was wondering if there was an off the shelf part but making something like that, almost semi-disposable, seems like a good plan. 

Yeah, before you know it, you'll be making all sorts of custom parts for your car!  B)

So I got the 3ch receiver just now, started working on the electronics.  While I would prefer to run Dean type connector on this car, I don’t see myself running any of my LiPo nor outdoors so decided to swap to my usual Tamiya connector.. and of course nothing goes to waste.  Made an adapter while I was at it.  

IMG_2022-9-30-105317.jpg.e981770067effd110d0152fabf17b108.jpg

IMG_2022-9-30-105330.jpg.45434afc7e7e2408db740f181e0eacdf.jpg

Update.. now in business.  Will take the car out for a quick test drive.   I should be getting the aux on/off switch later today and the LED’s early next week.

IMG_2022-9-30-112213.jpg.117c83da715cff7826f8bcd6690217ea.jpg

You guys can tell I don’t know anything about this chassis :lol:, but this came with a 3 ch receiver with VCC.. gyro input(?) not sure what that is but seems to be a pretty quality receiver.. 

IMG_2022-9-30-110202.jpg.c83de3ede4022e5f45a7307ffc7ecd61.jpg

Final update for today.. car drives real well.  Even on my tiny makeshift track I have decent turn radius where I can drive this thing pretty much all out without feeling loss of any control.   Very pleased.  

Man, this is exactly the kind of casual dress up touring car I wanted next to my more serious 420X for the sake of variety.    Hakone GTR’s fantastic looks, good driving behavior.. bearings, oil dampers, etc etc   and effortless to add my final flavors since RTR.   

IMG_2022-9-30-113859.jpg.3b1660a84ae226aa56af8a3dd38ede47.jpg

Yabai kono kuruma! B)

• Like 7

I had some wait time between my meetings today so watched the "Akira Kogawa RC Story" Pt1 and Pt2 on YouTube (gaga hashi channel).  I've not seen him for over 20 years.. time flies!  I feel a bit ashamed at myself for not completely understanding all his achievements and dedication to RC while I use to hang out with him when I lived in LA.  He's a real easy down to earth guy and you just forget you're talking to a legend.   I hope to make an 'Akira corner' in my pretend RC shop when I expand it next year.. I already have the Blizzard, RS4, CupRacer, MicroRS4, TurboScorpion, OptimaMID, Fazer Mk2 (Hakosuka GTR).. and maybe add a EXT (EP Fantom) later on.  B)

I hope to meet Tamiya's Paisen next time I'm in Japan.. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Gebbly said:

Oh please tell me you used a tiny model broom and tiny model dust pan and brush :) Every workshop needs them.

Something like this..?  I still need to shape it some more, and make a broom for it.. :lol:

IMG_2022-9-30-174750.jpg.4586229798ab2001030bd10d6c5b31bd.jpg

Update.. will give it some color tomorrow.  :D 

IMG_2022-9-30-191315.jpg.164d53100d97ea0c8dbf5f0f642e7594.jpg

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 11
  • Haha 1

I've been noticing that sometimes the backing light on my spektrum dx4s screen switches off or doesn't come on at all so I took a trip to the LHS to see if it could be fixed or if the new spektrum transmitters are compatible with my old receivers and they are but my dx4s is very old and it was discontinued years ago and looking at it looks a bit worse for wear but new one equivalent are really expensive and the dilemma is all my cars have spektrum receivers in them? 

But this was such a bargain I just couldn't pass on it and it has two receivers with it and extra receivers are a lot cheaper to buy than spektrum! And what a cool radio absolutely loads of different features which I have no idea what they do.......yet!

20221001_163611.jpg

• Like 6

@moffman Congrats on your new radio!

Just FYI, the receivers that worked on your DX4S are compatible with the DX5PRO-2021.   I have a DX4S (the pre-firmware update version that work with even older Spektrum receivers) and the receivers work fine off my DX5PRO.  B)

Okay for me, I painted the broom and long handle pan.. will give it a few hours and will brush paint the rest.  My wife said she is going to thread a small loop at the top of the handle for me. :D 

IMG_2022-10-1-130206.jpg.75d2e00436e1c6619a478e8f2bfa1329.jpg

I'm currently waiting for the LED set to arrive soon.. to wire up the Hakosuka GTR..

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

@moffman Congrats on your new radio!

Just FYI, the receivers that worked on your DX4S are compatible with the DX5PRO-2021.   I have a DX4S (the pre-firmware update version that work with even older Spektrum receivers) and the receivers work fine off my DX5PRO.  B)

Okay for me, I painted the broom and long handle pan.. will give it a few hours and will brush paint the rest.  My wife said she is going to thread a small loop at the top of the handle for me. :D 

IMG_2022-10-1-130206.jpg.75d2e00436e1c6619a478e8f2bfa1329.jpg

I'm currently waiting for the LED set to arrive soon.. to wire up the Hakosuka GTR..

Yeah I did look at the dx5pro but over in the UK it's £294 if you can find one and more than I really want to pay to be honest and I thought I just fancied a change and this flysky noble nb4 only cost me £146 with loyalty discount:D my spektrum dx4s still works fine apart from the screen light and quite a bit of scratches all over it!

Incidentally while I was in my local hobby shop you crossed my mind mate! a guy was in there with his just built original wild willy which had been sitting in a box unbuilt he had got it from an American auction and bought it because he had always wanted one when he was a youngster and never got the chance and it looked absolutely stunning quite a bit like all of yours I did tell him to go on this website and have a look at all your creations:D

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, moffman said:

Yeah I did look at the dx5pro but over in the UK it's £294 if you can find one and more than I really want to pay to be honest and I thought I just fancied a change and this flysky noble nb4 only cost me £146 with loyalty discount:D my spektrum dx4s still works fine apart from the screen light and quite a bit of scratches all over it!

Incidentally while I was in my local hobby shop you crossed my mind mate! a guy was in there with his just built original wild willy which had been sitting in a box unbuilt he had got it from an American auction and bought it because he had always wanted one when he was a youngster and never got the chance and it looked absolutely stunning quite a bit like all of yours I did tell him to go on this website and have a look at all your creations:D

Yeah, I am sure the Flyski works just fine!   The only reason why I run Spektrum is because decades ago I was a JRPropo user during my racing days and Spektrum was a sister company in the USA for JR.  

IMG_2022-10-1-152820.jpg.c13c45726a601f09bc483ebfe40a4bb7.jpg

Awesome for the guy with the M38!   Willy rocks!  B)  Hope he joins Tamiya Club.  :D 

So, in other news, I brush painted the broom and long handle pan.  After my wife threads a string loop, I will post a picture or two in the gallery thread in Willy’s shop.

I want to thank @Gebbly for the idea, and I hope I make him proud!  B)

IMG_2022-10-1-152600.jpg.56c704335584cdbc9dc86232539e9c42.jpg 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, moffman said:

I've been noticing that sometimes the backing light on my spektrum dx4s screen switches off or doesn't come on at all so I took a trip to the LHS to see if it could be fixed or if the new spektrum transmitters are compatible with my old receivers and they are but my dx4s is very old and it was discontinued years ago and looking at it looks a bit worse for wear but new one equivalent are really expensive and the dilemma is all my cars have spektrum receivers in them? 

But this was such a bargain I just couldn't pass on it and it has two receivers with it and extra receivers are a lot cheaper to buy than spektrum! And what a cool radio absolutely loads of different features which I have no idea what they do.......yet!

20221001_163611.jpg

Nice.  I have been using the older GT5 without any problems.  As you mentioned there are many features I do not know how to use.  Additional receivers are relatively cheap and can take multiple channels

• Like 2

Started peeling decals off my DT03, not sure why (maybe im trying to make mine different from the others). I grabbed my box of left over decals and can't see anything jumping out at me to decorate it with. Also went iut and purchased some more Shoe goo and fixed the cracks in this front of the DT03 and also my Konghead. Might put some more on the Lunchboxes parma body, which is probably more goo and cracks than polycarbonate 😄

slQXF6i.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, alvinlwh said:

Starting on my first leg of the journey. 

6aYdEcQ.jpg

Bon voyage!!!

4 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Bon voyage!!!

Unfortunately second plane had gone technical meaning I will definitely miss the third flight. 

• Sad 1

Arrived into London just in time to see my connecting flight taxing away. 

p50wsTL.jpg

• Sad 3

Hey guys, it’s been a while as I haven’t done much for R/C in a while, but got a new toy yesterday and started rebodying it last night since my friend and I went together on the sale offer and both have been hesitant to run the stock bodies because they’re too nice. He’s going to be going with one of the JConcepts Fox Body Mustang while my plans are very……..in the box:lol:

FullSizeRender(117).jpg

FullSizeRender(142).jpg
FullSizeRender(141).jpg

And my swapped body:D

FullSizeRender(135).jpg
FullSizeRender(136).jpg

I’ve also taken to collecting Hot Wheels again as well as modifying them!

FullSizeRender(169).jpg

• Like 9

The foliage has already begun around here. We went for a walk in the woods today, somewhere different this time, officially to see some beautiful fall colours but really to take the Hornet on another little adventure 💥🍁🍂

20221002-192612.jpg

Screenshot-20221002-191615-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20221002-192154-Video-Player.

20221002-192318.jpg

• Like 9

For me installed lights on my Hakosuka GTR.    I don’t usually install lights so not sure if I did this correctly.. but it works so I think it’s okay.. (?) :ph34r:

It is using double stick tape under the wires + foil tape + hope.  :lol:

IMG_2022-10-2-192714.jpg.cad6316a287dc2e2cac91699ed719363.jpg

Posted pictures in the gallery thread.   Please check them out if interested.   B)

IMG_2022-10-2-192313.thumb.jpg.329300aad81a5a2fb7b9bc74ea612d10.jpg

• Like 8