Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, Willy iine said:

double post ..

IMG_Dec102021at63403PM.jpg.4b64aa940132a3ab000cc04dc61cee53.jpg

Put some resin in the lid, turn him up the right way and you've got the new Willyiine Watanabe edition figure, with the spray on head, instead of the brush on 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

On 10/11/2022 at 5:22 AM, El Gecko said:

Most excellent, especially with the upgraded gearbox! I will always have a soft spot for that shell (and King Cab) and you have done it better than justice.

Tamiya needs to re-re that tire set!!

Tamiya needs to re-re the whole dang thing!

• Like 3

You step away from the forum for a few days and on your return are greeted with some amazing cars to drool over!

@Sgt.Speirs, @Tobyone and @Yoshimitsu three amazing cars that are making me very jealous!

@Nikko85 great work on the latest 3D print. Super useful. Please let me know if you make the file available!

@berman that’s a serious bit of kit. I saw one in the wild just a couple of weeks ago and was totally in awe. The guy driving it was seriously letting rip! Looked a handful but very good fun.

@Willy iine looking great so far. Can’t wait to see the finished car.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The XJ body for my Drag Slash is done, going to get some outside pics this weekend and maybe finally try some me test hits in the driveway this weekend!

FullSizeRender(209).jpg
FullSizeRender(207).jpg

FullSizeRender(205).jpg

FullSizeRender(201).jpg

• Like 7

9 hours ago, El Gecko said:

Since this month is Halloween, I've been channeling my inner Dr. Frankenstein by making body parts for my monsters :ph34r: (some out of literal pieces of trash)

I tried to choose the "best" part of the juice jug for the nosecone... not sure if I really like it but at least it's "aerodynamic" right? Well, more aero than before, at least :lol:

aero_01.jpg

aero_02.jpg

aero_03.jpg

Love it! Great work 🤩

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/11/2022 at 2:32 AM, Ferruz said:

After a few days off RC, today I did something different: I decided to try and finally get over my fear of running my Lancia Delta Integrale (the reason being, waaaay too much time spent on body and inner cockpit). I thought that a supermarket parking lot could be a good compromise between full-time-still-life on the shelf and reckless bashing, and in fact it proved to be a good spot.

As for the driving, first off I was happily surprised to find out that the car does not traction roll! At least not on smooth, even tarmac. So far I had only driven this car on winter roads with plenty of drifting action, and I expected it to be much harder to handle on grippier surfaces. This means that the Lancia can be possible Postal Racing material, without risking too much to ruin its looks 🤔 will see about that, lol...

Besides that, the car is very silent compared to most of my buggies and it drives a treat, especially for being pretty much a bare-boned TT-02 under the shell (I have mini CVAs and ball bearings, that's it). It felt really good to drive the Delta, see it in action and finally scratch that itch!

The silver can is plenty of fun for now, but so sober: after almost a full hour of running, the battery still had quite some juice left in it.

The car came back undamaged, and even the recently installed antenna didn't have any issues with the running. Looking good with some dust on it! 

Since this went so well, I decided that I'll keep the Deltona out on duty for a few more cautious escapades, and who knows, maybe even some postal racing action 😅

20221010-152136.jpg

20221010-191932.jpg

20221010-192320.jpg

20221010-192901.jpg

20221010-192205.jpg

20221010-192122.jpg

20221010-185331.jpg

Very nice! Love your work. Looks amazing - so real, I thought the first and fourth Pics are a real one…no joke! I thought you made a shooting with a real and your RC one! 

• Thanks 1

Today I recieved some parts 📦 from Tamico for my Egress BE 🤩 I guess the Driver (is it Paranoid Perry too even he will drive the Egress?) will be done before the Egress will arrive!

C5A5301D-2B35-4239-BCFE-9781566DA5C0.jpeg

• Like 4

An old friend brought me to a real model shop today. 

CRIq6yr.jpg

No RC but 2 kits and a heap of paints. 

ctu7SqK.jpg

• Like 3

I  took out the QD beetle and QD monster to the gravel pitch. The beetle is a QD buggy with the QD Monster Beetle shell. I'm not a huge fan of the QD MB, but I think this looks great! Personally I think this body fits the look of the buggy version much better, wheelbase is a much better match and involved almost no work to fit. When Tamiya released the QD buggies I think they could have done well with this.

The QD beetle is pretty darn fast, even on loose gravel. Nice little runner for sure. Took some work to get it nice, including removing a few mm of spring height to get the chassis to drop.

hitNkmB.jpg

vaDoslJ.jpg

The truck was more mixed, it's got an 8 tooth pinion when it really needs a 10, so it's a little noisy at high rpm and doesn't quite match the speeds it should have. I may need to pick up proper pinion gear for it to get the best out of it. When that's done I'll also consider a 12T motor : ).

• Like 5

Nice, @Tumbi!   I too have electronics and Avante driver standing by for my Egress Black..

For me, drove the Optima MID B) and then sat in front of my iPad checking out Amazon Prime savings for this week.  I saw the rebadged 1060 going for only $15 so grabbed a couple of those, also a couple of 3600 NiMH packs that were on sale as my SuperStocks pull quite a bit more current than silver cans and want atleast 3000 mAh to do two 7 min runs and keep enough charge in the packs to keep them healthy.  Obviously if I want to go all out I will pull out my LiPo, but I'm just too lazy.  :lol:  

I also placed a pretty decent sized order for Optima MID parts..   I saw that I still have these new BL's and ESC, so decided I will build the second Optima MID and run 17.5 and dual deck CF and yellow body.  B)

IMG_2022-10-12-101714.jpg.3938862ab8ffb955cb76b3d09a7885d4.jpg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Tumbi said:

Very nice! Love your work. Looks amazing - so real, I thought the first and fourth Pics are a real one…no joke! I thought you made a shooting with a real and your RC one! 

Thank you, Sir! Oh I so wish I had the real thing besides my 1:10 Tamiya one... hard to believe now, but back in the day they were totally affordable! But try to get a hold of an EVO 2 now... 🙄

• Like 1

@Ferruz Nice rally car!  :D  I really like that body and if I do a rally series that would be my choice in body as well.   

Speaking of bodies, started cutting the Optima MID body starting with the rectangles.   Kept the corners rounded so that it does not become a weak point.  

IMG_2022-10-12-110802.jpg.7d426f4020b5b9460629eb49ae9b6e85.jpg

Update.. been in meetings all day so not much progress yet.   The body was cut and shaped.   After a quick break, will wash and mask the windows next.  Goal is to get it painted today.  :D 

IMG_2022-10-12-155716.jpg.d608e7c86a77d4164ee64b2c3c69fd2d.jpg

Final update for the day.. painted the body PS1.   This will be done box art.  B)

IMG_2022-10-12-173439.jpg.4f30c4aab557cead6a969382b9f56f0f.jpg

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 7

Today I received some metal Ford stickers that I ordered a few months ago! So finally got to stick them on the Tamiya x Radio Shack build I did a while back! Also made replacement rear light as one was totally missing and repaired the chrome side strips.

Ford

Ford

Ford

Need to try and polish up the plastic chrome bumpers now but I’m worried it will just remove the chrome entirely!

• Like 6

Later I finally stitched the canvas back I built for my other project (I had just tacked it together previously). Pretty awful job when up close to be honest!

1B4DC396-AD50-4415-B441-4C1F303E8234.jpeg.c0e2395e8f092c97a00482cb9fdd7387.jpeg

• Like 7

Went to the local Tamiya showroom again for some last minute shopping. Annoyingly, most of the hopups I want are not in stock. Even something as essential as CVA minis, they only have a pair! 

53s7ydN.jpg

Still managed to pick up a Farm King. Seriously interested in a Tumbling Bull but don't really need another WR-02*.

TqIw7rM.jpg

PS anyone know what "bonus" parts are included? 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

TqIw7rM.jpg

Good catch! I do love the Farm King.

14 minutes ago, GeeWings said:

Good catch! I do love the Farm King.

I believe the Farm King is sold out everywhere (online). They also have the Tumbling Bull but I don't need a third WR-02* so I picked just the FK, for this reason. 

GFmTwRb.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GeeWings said:

Later I finally stitched the canvas back I built for my other project (I had just tacked it together previously). Pretty awful job when up close to be honest!

That's a good looking Pumpkin!  B)   I thank @Nikko85 for his idea running these RadioShack bodies on the GF01..

IMG_2022-2-23-084421.jpg.ccd616270db1f8524815f9ead1532848.jpg

For me, will start the decals on the Optima MID later today.. also placed order for LeMans motor in 19.5 which should suit me perfectly for my driving condition.. 17.5 might be a bit too fast for my makeshift track where as 21.5 might be a bit slow.. If the 19.5 ends up too slow, I will install in my Turbo Scorpion build coming up next..  :D 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Got the electrics into my Ansmann and had a little test drive around the house.

The fan on the ESC is soooo loud! 

The added UBEC I have installed for the lights (and more power for the servo) that I'll be fitting adds a lot of wiring so things are a bit cramped but I have some black styrene to make a false floor/cockpit which will hide a lot!

The drive feels quite notchy at low speed. Not sure if the pinion is too tight against the drive gear or if it's just a characteristic of the unsensored motor...

JPEG image 12.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

PS anyone know what "bonus" parts are included? 

I forget which one of mine had that sticker, but it had 10 metal shielded bearings in it.  10 didn't match what I needed, but it was bonus indeed. 

Oh, it was Zahhak, and it did have extra wings too!  

• Like 1

@provdes Nice!  The notchiness can well be the brushless motor.   That is one of the reasons why I prefer brushed motors for low speed smoothness.. however can’t deny brushless power!  

Update.. so for me, still doing my thing at the money making gig at the office.   Can’t wait to get home and start the decals.. but someone has to earn $$$.. not like my pretend RC shop has any revenue.   :lol:

Final update for today.. got some decals installed on the body.  Precut decals rock.. well at least the ones with no clear boarder.  I actually trimmed off some before applying   

IMG_2022-10-13-185443.jpg.46a6f649e4b44ad20a76666484b7ee2c.jpg 

Encore update.. lol.   I was too tired to play my keyboards in my music room so decided to finish the decals.   I think it turned out great.  I hope I make @Tumbi proud!   B)

I will paint the tire lettering tomorrow and do a proper photoshoot. 

IMG_2022-10-13-211815.jpg.1889415e0ed44f6e2dbb759dec36c1ce.jpg

With all these LeMans motor decals, I should probably get a LeMans motor for this car as well.. :lol:

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 6

@GeeWings Yeah that's what sold me on one, they are apparently tanks. My LHS said the batteries will be here by the end of the week, but since he hasn't mentioned them yet, he may have forgotten to order them. I was looking forward to the maiden voyage on Sunday (rc Semi's on Saturday, so will give him a phone call and fingers crossed 🤞