Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Been printing some of my wheel designs in resin. Still trying to get my support settings right but they're otherwise looking ok so far.

Wheels.thumb.jpg.07b428ecaa1f05d8d3a6edfb7d6c0b1c.jpg

• Like 10

Okay for me, heading down to my mudroom to get some color on Willy’s tripod with clamp and iPhone.  :D 

IMG_2022-10-21-074946.jpg.4ae5b387d5af24ffad043f4613ca44b3.jpg

BTW, the iPhone and tripod finished pictures are located in the gallery only thread.  Please check them out if interested.   B)

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Mark_McQ said:

Been printing some of my wheel designs in resin. Still trying to get my support settings right but they're otherwise looking ok so far.

These look great. I may try printing some, but I don't think that ABS+ would stand up. What resin are you using?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark_McQ said:

Great rims.  Need some really old school wheels designs:

Lamborghini Countach 5 hole dish rims

Avus 6 spoke rims for the Audi S8

Alpine rims for BMW

Fuch rims for 911

Brabus 3 spoke rims

i especially would be interested in the Avis rims and create my own Ronin S8 with the body currently in production 

After nearly 24h of travel, arrived at KOI to see them unloading my luggage. 

q0fAv0p.jpg

After a short taxi ride home. 

BzYaiPI.jpg

~200kg of luggage. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Installed an OTW143 metal rod tying the steering arms on my Optima Mid re re in place of the stick plastic rod.

4 hours ago, Mrowka said:

Installed an OTW143 metal rod tying the steering arms on my Optima Mid re re in place of the stick plastic rod.

Is that the center bracket piece?  Was it diffult to replace after assembly?  I bought one for my Optima MID too, but it came after I was done building it and now not sure I want to take it apart just for that.  :lol:

Update.. easy peasy.. I did not have to take the car apart at all.. just the linkage.

I had flanged bearings already in my factory plastic one and it worked just fine, but why not aluminum steering link cause they look cool.  

IMG_2022-10-21-142757.jpg.63d34348655ad55e2a07210574b9d370.jpg

IMG_2022-10-21-142818.jpg.2bd4d7a025892f42682718f3d0fd2181.jpg

IMG_2022-10-21-142832.jpg.5b87a852fa984876a6bf3891b04f2fe7.jpg

Awesome knowing I have a hop up in there.  :D 

I also have stabilizers, but I don’t sense the car needs it for the time being.   I will install on Optima MID #2 down the road for comparison.  

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

BzYaiPI.jpg

~200kg of luggage. 

That’s a heap o stuff man!

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, ad456 said:

That’s a heap o stuff man!

Not enough, wife was expecting 2 more boxes but I do not have time to buy more to fill them up. Did managed to squeeze in an additional hand carry (small pink case) for the girl on the last day. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nikko85 said:

These look great. I may try printing some, but I don't think that ABS+ would stand up. What resin are you using?

Using some basic Anycubic stuff just for getting some settings dialled in. Before I got the printer I had some printed by JLCPCB and they use LEDO6060 and the rims held up to some serious abuse. Been trying to find out if that stuff is commercially available but it looks like it's more catered toward manufacturing companies.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Frankster said:

Great rims.  Need some really old school wheels designs:

Lamborghini Countach 5 hole dish rims

Avus 6 spoke rims for the Audi S8

Alpine rims for BMW

Fuch rims for 911

Brabus 3 spoke rims

i especially would be interested in the Avis rims and create my own Ronin S8 with the body currently in production 

I've done some Fuchs ones as well. Printed them in filament a while back, still to do the resin ones.

Fuchs_3.jpg.03811996f9b3ee082b7fc4e4cf9f4775.jpgFuchs_2.jpg.4a17b504eb9d7448b1c401c23b07e40d.jpg2033543110_Fuchs_1(1).jpg.f940b98c31e923af53266701a6cd5e61.jpg

• Like 5

I finished the blog camera (iPhone) and tripod.  Please check out pictures in the gallery thread if interested.  :D

My wife made me the self adhesive viewfinder print out to attach onto Willy's iPhone.  Cracks me up.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Haha!  I promise, nothing like that.  :lol:

I saw that Kyosho made some terrain for these crawlers so I think I’m going to get one to drive on.  I don’t need anything serious.  

@tamiya3speed if you don’t mind, which oil dampers did you go with?   I searched several vendors and they have the Kyosho dampers but the reviews say the oil leak.. (?).  I can’t have leaky dampers as I will only be driving this on my areal rug in my pretend RC shop..  TIA!

I bought the Kyosho dampers just after release.  They were pretty much the only option at the time.  Personally I have not had any leaking issues.  One may be just the smallest bit damp down at the mount but it lives on my nightstand and i have not had to clean up any oil.  Heavy grease probably helps a bunch on the stock pogo sticks, but where is the fun in that 😉

• Thanks 1

Built the diff for my hornet 😊 

I must say as tempting as it is to go buy a big rock and get 80km out of the box, this self build is extremely satisfying. 

20221021_154438.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, tamiya3speed said:

I bought the Kyosho dampers just after release.  They were pretty much the only option at the time.  Personally I have not had any leaking issues.  One may be just the smallest bit damp down at the mount but it lives on my nightstand and i have not had to clean up any oil.  Heavy grease probably helps a bunch on the stock pogo sticks, but where is the fun in that 😉

Thanks, man.  I decided to do the same and ordered the Kyosho red oil dampers.  Will see how they do and if they do leak, well, atleast they look cool.  :lol:   The dampers on my MiniZ Optima MID do not leak at all.. so there might be hope.   

So besides that, since I received the aluminum pinions for the Javelin, swapped them and also swapped the front bumper to the smaller one.  The big Javelin bumper reminds me too much of my HotShot and I want my HotShot to be discrete.   Plus, I think the Javelin looks better with the smaller bumper.. atleast to me.  :D

IMG_2022-10-21-175418.jpg.70f7e0615a62818c92ab7ba333879fe5.jpg

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Ledfoot said:

Built the diff for my hornet 😊 

I must say as tempting as it is to go buy a big rock and get 80km out of the box, this self build is extremely satisfying. 

Completely agree.  I mean there is a time and place for RTR for sure..I have a few of them because too lazy to paint and build sometimes...  I think Kyosho makes great RTR's like this Hakosuka GTR..

GL with your build!

IMG_2022-10-2-192337.thumb.jpg.db04e665f2169c001511b87bf73045de.jpg

• Like 1

Starting next project.  Basement find Madcap from my Brothers home. Wheels cleaned and Aerospace 303 added. Decals, bearings, servo, RSC and paint ready. EC76E0E8-E9DF-4F00-9715-CEEB58E76C71.jpeg.d8390879e8b786b86d8105522919a0b9.jpeg

Interesting to see old style of hex hub.

9603C4D1-B82C-45F5-BB9C-7CDDE24F4A84.jpeg.97a3381a824991c22854c18622513bc8.jpeg

• Like 4

Adding upgrades to my DT-03 today. But I also wanted to do something with the body since I'm not really into Neo Fighter Buggy body design. I only bought it because I couldn't find Racing Fighter back then. My issue is the body is too narrow. I know it's like that to hug the chassis and also as reference to The Frog but I feel it could be improved. So a while ago I bought a YZ-2DTM body thinking maybe it could fit, the answer is no because it's a cab-forward design (what was I thinking). But today I have a bright idea: to cut the sides of that body and literally bolt it on to the existing Neo Fighter body. Initial test showed promise, I found spot where I can attach the extra parts. My plan is to use double sided tape and some 2 mm screw and nuts from my Mini4WD parts bin to join them together. The body can still be mounted as usual this way.

Next is painting and applying stickers.

20221016_094417.jpg

• Like 5

Debating a full size pumpkin to run something scale with my new to be Jeep. Then I considered getting just a body shell to put on an MF01x, running with padlatrak tires to make something fast and capable, but the body shell sets are pretty expensive, so went back to the idea of just a Pumpkin or LB again. It might be nice to have ONE tamiya made with the right body, and although I am not looking for high end performance I might have fun 3D printing parts to help it drive better, like double wishbone front suspension.

I do have a question, what is the max width  of the grashopper/pumpkin  gearbox please?  I mean from bearing to bearing on the axle. Might have a silly idea for one of my trucks.

11 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Completely agree.  I mean there is a time and place for RTR for sure..I have a few of them because too lazy to paint and build sometimes...  I think Kyosho makes great RTR's like this Hakosuka GTR..

GL with your build!

IMG_2022-10-2-192337.thumb.jpg.db04e665f2169c001511b87bf73045de.jpg

Cheers for the idea, I am a big fan of this Era GTR aswell 😊 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gabranth said:

Adding upgrades to my DT-03 today. But I also wanted to do something with the body since I'm not really into Neo Fighter Buggy body design. I only bought it because I couldn't find Racing Fighter back then. My issue is the body is too narrow. I know it's like that to hug the chassis and also as reference to The Frog but I feel it could be improved. So a while ago I bought a YZ-2DTM body thinking maybe it could fit, the answer is no because it's a cab-forward design (what was I thinking). But today I have a bright idea: to cut the sides of that body and literally bolt it on to the existing Neo Fighter body. Initial test showed promise, I found spot where I can attach the extra parts. My plan is to use double sided tape and some 2 mm screw and nuts from my Mini4WD parts bin to join them together. The body can still be mounted as usual this way.

Next is painting and applying stickers.

That's a fun idea to add parts off other bodies.  Keep up posted how things go.  Would you be using some plastic washers (and o-rings?)  on the 2mm screws so that they do not become the weak points of the body?  

For me, I decided for next year I will want the Fantom EXT (as I thought about it more, I think I am going to pass on the nitro MP9 and use that fund to get a more elaborate track setup) so placed order for that along with LeMans Gold 21.1T BL and plan to use their 240S ESC on the car.  I don't think I will be driving it much, but ordered a servo saver spare and tire sets to cover me till the day I die.  I will need to order a new servo and some paint, but that can come later.  I think I'm going to do mine in a classic light blue..like my Mini. 

I think that will be all for the time being as far as stocking up on new kits while available.  I've been hit too many times in 2019-2020 of missing out on kits while I thought about it too slow and paid a premium later.  :lol: yes, dumb..   I am open to SuperEgress if they ever come out with one based on a TD4 and a cool dual deck CF F1 car, but from this point forward I am going to concentrate my funds more on the pretend RC shop expansion and track setup.

IMG_2022-9-21-161150.thumb.jpg.9c91084fa5e5f9abd3d456053653226d.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Nikko85 said:

Debating a full size pumpkin to run something scale with my new to be Jeep. Then I considered getting just a body shell to put on an MF01x, running with padlatrak tires to make something fast and capable, but the body shell sets are pretty expensive, so went back to the idea of just a Pumpkin or LB again. It might be nice to have ONE tamiya made with the right body, and although I am not looking for high end performance I might have fun 3D printing parts to help it drive better, like double wishbone front suspension.

I do have a question, what is the max width  of the grashopper/pumpkin  gearbox please?  I mean from bearing to bearing on the axle. Might have a silly idea for one of my trucks.

I have.a CW01 based Unimog which is the same chassis as the Midnight Pumpkin.. There is a diff pumpkin so difficult to get a definitive measurement, but I think it is 155mm.  I took the wheels off to measure..

IMG_2022-10-22-105609.jpg.1e5daeb24a3376d2a72c3f0c65d9819e.jpg

• Like 1

Today I took advantage of the drier weather to improve upon my Postal Racing lap counts with my TB-03 and TT-02 Type S. 

2020-06-06_11-06-09

(Willow was responsible for scrutineering as always.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 4