Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

BTW, my pretend RC shop has a new instagram page if interested..  Not that I know what the heck I am doing over there either.. :ph34r:

pretend_rc_shop

Whenever there is another black out at TC, check me out over there if interested..  I'm just polluting the internets in double the rate now!  :lol:  

.. :wacko:

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

BTW, my pretend RC shop has a new instagram page if interested..  Not that I know what the heck I am doing over there either.. :ph34r:

pretend_rc_shop

Whenever there is another black out at TC, check me out over there if interested..  I'm just polluting the internets in double the rate now!  :lol:  

.. :wacko:

Following you now. :)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

Following you now. :)

Thanks!  :D 

Hopefully I can work in the MID body later today.. 

Update.. decals started.  Actually now that I got the 2 big side decals on bubble free (hope injected) pretty much home free.  :D 

IMG_2022-11-3-141802.jpg.0b797c4528402b0560fa64e065e7c419.jpg

Update.. all done for now!   I think this color works well with the blue..?  :D 

IMG_2022-11-3-152838.jpg.c461c75d077509484c2ad6d148bdd8ab.jpg

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, berman said:

Was at work (slow day today) and since we have a big warehouse, I decided to run the DT03 around in my lunch break. The concrete is super smooth (great if I still had a drift car), so spent most of the time crossed up and having fun. Well, the warehouse isn't as big as my cockiness and I snotted it into a table.

Luckily, my LHS has a second 'trade in' DT03 so I went there and he said to take it to rob parts off 😄

For some reason I though this one had oil filled shocks, gutted it doesn't or those would be going too 😏 

y8fAhrK.jpeg

Took the body off mine and found the chassis was cracked under the shock tower mount, so no point in raiding the other car when I have the chassis parts tree enroute.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2022 at 4:58 AM, Nicadraus said:

It's been a while since I last updated the CC-01. 

The CC-01 got some upgrade treatments.

New set of 85mm dampers with internal springs for front and rear.. These were extras that I ordered for the Wild One but were in black. I decided to replace the ones of WO to all silver. Surprisingly, these work great on the CC-01 and looks more realistic that those big bore shocks to be honest. The rebound and damping is also great.

6W1iA0ih.jpg

This looks good. I always wondered if this kind of shocks would fit the CC01 and now I see they do. Can you tell something about the driving experience with these shocks? On YT is video made by Matteo where he mounts this kind of shocks the other way around for better performance. What is your opinion on this? Thanks

I've been away from the forum for over a week I think and so much quality has been posted as usual! Sorry, there was too much amazing content to catch everything...

@Ledfoot welcome to the forum! Hope to see more from you soon.

@Nikko85 I'm glad your dream Jurassic Park Jeep is coming to life!

@Willy iine Great to see you have joined iG. Have followed!

@davidsen wingless looks awesome. Absolutely love this. As someone else said it would be great maybe with the rollbar in Gunmetal or similar. Metal shocks would also be the cherry on the top... ;)

• Thanks 2

Topped up the oil in the CVA for the trucks. Looks like they leaked a little and compression was not smooth.  Gave them a deep clean after the dust storm bash last weekend.

Masked the Madcap.  Not sure if I will leave clear or lightly smoke the windows. I have a cockpit underway.   Need to see if the decals have the “UV protected” Tamiya did in their older models 😅

78F8CA70-DF0C-44A6-8984-B428F7DBC701.jpeg.8a0168e6a911b9d269ddd88ac45465ec.jpeg

• Like 3

The weather in Melbourne continues to be miserable, and the lake continues to be closed. Most I was able to do was a bit of micro crawling on Sunday afternoon.

I spent waaaaaaaay too long yesterday looking at every piece of media and content about the new Traxxas TRX4M. I've decided on a red one (or a white one), but there's a few things I'll need to do straight away. Performance wise it'll need weight low down up front (the weight distribution is 45/55 front to rear) but more importantly it needs an interior and a driver. They've gone a hard plastic, but it's the same colour inside and out and with clear windows it really ruins the appearance.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, No Slack said:

This looks good. I always wondered if this kind of shocks would fit the CC01 and now I see they do. Can you tell something about the driving experience with these shocks? On YT is video made by Matteo where he mounts this kind of shocks the other way around for better performance. What is your opinion on this? Thanks

I think dampers/shocks are made to be installed the way it should as designed. Oil/air pushing the piston rod and dampening downward. Although it may also work the other way around, I still wouldn't.. As a graduate of aerospace engineering (batch '96), I've also worked on and did a few designs of aircraft suspension system back in college. The force and impact these dampers and shocks have to suppress is very impressive. The springs are just to help raise the dampers up but the load and smoothness of rebound lies in the dampers itself. So for better performance, use it the way it should be used. Altering the science and technology behind it is experimental but not proven to be better than the original purpose.

Driving experience, I think they are much better and give more realism to the movement than the previous shocks (4 types including the stock CVA) I used for this chassis. 

7 hours ago, Yoshimitsu said:

52475468584_a7389acbd2_k.jpg

What type of paints do you use to get a smooth consistency. Just the Tamiya pots?

@Smirrors I used TS Black for the main body, I keyed it with very fine sandpaper too as advised by @OoALEJOoO then Tamiya acrylic pots for the rest.

Also flat cleared it which knocks the whole thing back a bit. Makes it appear a bit more real.

• Like 1

Tamiya's TS black's are superb finishes.  

For interior use matte black, but I especially like the semi-gloss black as it has enough gloss to make finishes look like metal.  

People might think why buy a can of this stuff when they can just use enamel or whatever they have on hand.. but once one tries the TS black, I think they will have a completely different impression and understand why I buy by the boxes (6).   :D 

The grill is TS matte black, piping and base is TS semi-gloss black.  And one can adjust how much gloss by the distance sprayed. 

IMG_2022-10-18-132710.jpg.1a3f68e1e22de2a3039ab01860b06dbc.jpg

• Like 5

For me, going to work on the Optima MID #2 today.. gonna take this one slow as my Egress Black order has been pushing out the last 2 months..  

The body is already done per yesterday's posts, so should be easy. B)  This one will run 3rd party CF dual deck, LeMans 15.5, BL, XR10, 1252MG.  

IMG_2022-11-4-082334.jpg.7cc6a5292bfb1718a36b52b94e1b6c73.jpg

Update.. diffs assembled, rear gear box assembled.. now taking a quick break to seal the edges of the CF bits with plastic cement.  

IMG_2022-11-4-113052.jpg.7134830902a4d1fed24343feb6f6bac1.jpg

Update.. taking another quick break.. 

IMG_2022-11-4-145127.jpg.214d43d6713a06decad186ab37fdf05f.jpg

Final update for today.  B)

IMG_2022-11-4-163528.jpg.7c956e869db7b9d0f111e7d3d5b080aa.jpg

IMG_2022-11-4-165615.jpg.0f53e90b8217af3e95f9c79f5863f9b2.jpg

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 4

Finally finished unpacking the luggage from my recent trip and got all the RC kits together for a family photo. It wasn't easy sorting though 1/4 of a ton of stuff! 

2S9ROtf.jpg

• Like 7

50 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

IMG_2022-10-18-132710.jpg.1a3f68e1e22de2a3039ab01860b06dbc.jpg

The details on your builds are amazing, and I'm very amused by the ball-bearing wheels on this fan. Excellent stuff! :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ray_ve said:

The details on your builds are amazing, and I'm very amused by the ball-bearing wheels on this fan. Excellent stuff! :)

Thanks, Ray_ve!   B)  

So, I'm trying to think of what accessories to make next..   Willy's shop is pretty full so I'm thinking I should move onto the car lounge stuff.. like drink dispenser machine?  

I have a flat screen, entertainment center, gumball machine, trash can, plant done..  not sure how I'm going to do a sofa..:ph34r:

IMG_2022-8-27-152246.jpg.5df5cb2a112485b4db6c7b3ac760dfdf.jpg

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

Finally finished unpacking the luggage from my recent trip and got all the RC kits together for a family photo. It wasn't easy sorting though 1/4 of a ton of stuff! 

2S9ROtf.jpg

Were you heavily taxed at customs?

I am interested in the FF and Evo cars

7 minutes ago, Frankster said:

Were you heavily taxed at customs?

I am interested in the FF and Evo cars

Not at all. 😏

According to a fellow member, the FF-03 is on clearance sale, had been on sale for years in Singapore yet no interest. It seems to be completely out of stock in here. Maybe next time I go out, and it is still on sale, I can pick one up for you? 

The Evo is easy to get directly from 3R for very little money, ~£70 odd including postage. I got it for my girl over the M-05 as I am so impressed by it, much better specs OOB than the M-05.

https://3racing.shop/collections/mini-mg/products/kit-mini-mg-3racing-1-10-sakura-mini-mg-rc-car

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

So, I'm trying to think of what accessories to make next

This was almost a request for suggestions :) I'm fascinated by the continuing evolution of Willys workshop. I think its a good few steps beyond what I am capable of or have the resources to even try. So I treat Willy's workshop as the local virtual garage I can visit.

So a suggestion if I may. No garage workshop is fully operational without a car lift, the two posts with the swivel arms that swing out to lift a car.

For bonus points, a working version. Even if it was just that the arms had to be slotted into place at various heights. As long as they could actually hold a car aloft whilst the mechanics worked under the car.

carLift.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

Not at all. 😏

According to a fellow member, the FF-03 is on clearance sale, had been on sale for years in Singapore yet no interest. It seems to be completely out of stock in here. Maybe next time I go out, and it is still on sale, I can pick one up for you? 

The Evo is easy to get directly from 3R for very little money, ~£70 odd including postage. I got it for my girl over the M-05 as I am so impressed by it, much better specs OOB than the M-05.

https://3racing.shop/collections/mini-mg/products/kit-mini-mg-3racing-1-10-sakura-mini-mg-rc-car

Thanks for the offer.  There are the same cars available here and no sales tax (more money for hop ups 🤗).  I am transitioning away from road cars as I don’t have a place near by to drive them.  Buggies are a little more versatile for me

1 hour ago, Gebbly said:

This was almost a request for suggestions :) I'm fascinated by the continuing evolution of Willys workshop. I think its a good few steps beyond what I am capable of or have the resources to even try. So I treat Willy's workshop as the local virtual garage I can visit.

So a suggestion if I may. No garage workshop is fully operational without a car lift, the two posts with the swivel arms that swing out to lift a car.

For bonus points, a working version. Even if it was just that the arms had to be slotted into place at various heights. As long as they could actually hold a car aloft whilst the mechanics worked under the car.

carLift.jpg

Yeah, I was thinking about doing a 2 post earlier on, but it takes a bit of space so this is why I hadn’t done it.  I have it drawn out with precise measurements and all generated by the highly sophisticated EWH technologies ..  :ph34r:

Maybe I will get another display and make another garage?   hummmmm…

• Like 1