Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Strengthened the steering on my grasshopper and got the wheels straight, just need some new hex adapters and hopefully I can get past 50mph

F0A7F5D6-2ACF-46EA-9688-3420B1941D42.jpeg.e37db3ca01aaa25cffefd93854448185.jpeg

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

Loving the Kyosho corner, it’s coming on very nicely 👍🏻
(nearly as many as @moffman 😉)

Thanks!  :D

Ummm, I don't think @moffmanhas anything to worry about as my collection is dwarfed by his.  :lol:   

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, ImALlama said:

Strengthened the steering on my grasshopper and got the wheels straight, just need some new hex adapters and hopefully I can get past 50mph

Nice upgrade!  So how is the GH at those speeds?  It was pretty challenging for me to keep the rear planted with that hopping rear suspension even with a pretty standard motor.. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Nice upgrade!  So how is the GH at those speeds?  It was pretty challenging for me to keep the rear planted with that hopping rear suspension even with a pretty standard motor.. 

I was surprised to find out I could give it full throttle without any issues and it drove well even on that horrible road, didn’t seem to hop around at all. Wasn’t able to turn the thing lol, but drove like it was on a nice smooth road. Might be the larger/Better tires that helped, I noticed the bigger/heavier tires up front help keep the front on the ground and bounce less. The suspension in back is stock and front is no better so certainly wasn’t that.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ImALlama said:

I was surprised to find out I could give it full throttle without any issues and it drove well even on that horrible road, didn’t seem to hop around at all. Wasn’t able to turn the thing lol, but drove like it was on a nice smooth road. Might be the larger/Better tires that helped, I noticed the bigger/heavier tires up front help keep the front on the ground and bounce less. The suspension in back is stock and front is no better so certainly wasn’t that.

Nice.  That's interesting to know.  GL with your speed run!!

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, morrisey0 said:

Finished up my Bolink Round Tracker

1307050840_BRTCOMPLETE1.thumb.jpg.880c678d3d743e96e7e91de8a09054e7.jpg

I’ve been eyeing Bolink cars on eBay… Nostalgia…

4 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Thanks!  :D

Ummm, I don't think @moffmanhas anything to worry about as my collection is dwarfed by his.  :lol:   

Other than M38’s….maybe 😉

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, El Gecko said:

Agreed! Is the additional chassis bracing all locally made? Looks very stout.

Yeah most chassis are home built with a few guys making them to sell to pay for the hobby/

A very basic chassis below

310969174_947583132864826_14823938731694886_n.jpg

311644876_947583269531479_7801721699609234189_n.jpg

• Like 2

Well, took my Stampede out and thrashed it a wee bit too hard yesterday, broke a 15-20 y/o RPM bearing carrier lost a screw and e-clip in the process……

FullSizeRender_uuzkLCXPPaVdo3fHN21ZiY.jp

On this…..

68946739602_40A6412B-6886-40D3-A642-B341

Luckily I had a spare that required a little work to make it work like it should, since it has an Associated 1/8” hinge pin set for king pins.

FullSizeRender_4XEGDcNejyv7d3bdzHaeUa.jp

And after repairing the issues then lock righting all the screws going into the bulkhead, all of which I had what I needed and didn’t need to spend money on anything, it’s ready to rock, once again!

FullSizeRender_dzdHvWH2pCHmXpjAZJq2UU.jp

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Loving the Kyosho corner, it’s coming on very nicely 👍🏻
(nearly as many as @moffman 😉)

@Willy iinehas one up on me I've never had a javelin and I've Never had the modern turbo scorpion (got the original but in a re-build state!) And looking at that javelin that might change?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ImALlama said:

hopefully I can get past 50mph

I cant tell, are you being serious? 50mph?? Blimey.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, HillbillyRacing said:

Yeah most chassis are home built with a few guys making them to sell to pay for the hobby/

A very basic chassis below

310969174_947583132864826_14823938731694886_n.jpg

311644876_947583269531479_7801721699609234189_n.jpg

I feel like there should be a Mad Max Thunder Dome version

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gebbly said:

I cant tell, are you being serious? 50mph?? Blimey.

Oh yeah, my goal is to get my grasshopper and something powered by a silvercan to or past 50mph. My f104 w/silvercan has made it once but crashed so doesn’t count as official.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ImALlama said:

My f104 w/silvercan has made it once but crashed so doesn’t count as official

Ouch! I believe for Guinness World Records speed attempts have to be done with 2 runs. You better install a dragster parachute :)

Good luck, hope to see video footage.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/5/2022 at 1:01 PM, AJB123 said:

Thanks! It's PS-59, backed with white, then the lower half backed with black over the white. Kind of inspired by a metallic dark blue real one that I saw parked up on the street a few years back, which just looked so good!
For sure, I am never going to be able to do an amazing job on an interior... But then I get the feeling I could easily mess up doing the smoked windows too, and that'd be even more annoying and un-fixable! (I've only ever built buggies or a Honda City Turbo before, so never smoked windows). Plus I don't want to the windows too dark, and I hate seeing the ground though the car, so I think I'll be happier with it with an interior. And the Tamiyas of my youth always had drivers!

Okay, I took advantage of the weak yen this morning and placed order for a XV01 for super cheap.. to offset the freight, I added other stuff to the order but man, I got a super deal.  :D I am going to borrow your idea and do mine in PS59 as well since I got a spare body set.  

I was going to place order for the XV02-Pro, but I suppose I can do that in the future as I have no clue what I am doing with rally cars.  :D I think I'm going to actually drive this car outdoors in front of my house.   Thanks again for the inspiration.  Build date is probably towards Spring, but just wanted to take advantage of the weak yen right now..

Update.. ordered the XV02-Pro anyway.. since future vs original post..:ph34r:  :lol:

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, moffman said:

@Willy iinehas one up on me I've never had a javelin and I've Never had the modern turbo scorpion (got the original but in a re-build state!) And looking at that javelin that might change?

hummm.. but you will always be my inspiration. B)  Thanks for the encouragements thus far and teaching me quite a lot about these cars along the way!!

• Like 2

@Re-Bugged, when you made your street version Sand Scorcher, did you happen to measure what the wheel base was?  If so, would you please let me know?  

I am trying to see whether I can run the XV01 chassis for that body.. TIA!  

• Like 1

I went to work today but that didn't go so well so instead of working I went to lunch.. and thanks to curiosity and @moffman s recommendation I went on a search for a cougar. Seems I can't get my hands on one yet so I have preordered it, and now I await my first Schumacher :) Almost got a Procat too since its available but I figured I have enough 4wd things as it is. I'm going to try to be good and not get a procat just yet but I have a feeling thats not going to go as planned :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ImALlama said:

I went to work today but that didn't go so well so instead of working I went to lunch.. and thanks to curiosity and @moffman s recommendation I went on a search for a cougar. Seems I can't get my hands on one yet so I have preordered it, and now I await my first Schumacher :) Almost got a Procat too since its available but I figured I have enough 4wd things as it is. I'm going to try to be good and not get a procat just yet but I have a feeling thats not going to go as planned :lol:

Trust me you will not be disappointed with the cougar;) and it's a really good performer aswell!!  just one important thing that I don't want you to do that I did when I bought my cat xls when you build the shocks (all the schumacher classics have the same shocks) the e-clip that secures the bottom of the shock it tells you to squeeze it to fit it in but it doesn't spring back which is a bit odd because you expect it not to hold anything in place but it works fine! I "thought" I new better and tried to make it spring back:rolleyes:..........long story short screwdriver through hand and 4hrs in accident and emergency then 2hrs in xray:wacko: so just squeeze it and leave it absolutely works fine as my future Schumacher's have proven!!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, moffman said:

Trust me you will not be disappointed with the cougar;) and it's a really good performer aswell!!  just one important thing that I don't want you to do that I did when I bought my cat xls when you build the shocks (all the schumacher classics have the same shocks) the e-clip that secures the bottom of the shock it tells you to squeeze it to fit it in but it doesn't spring back which is a bit odd because you expect it not to hold anything in place but it works fine! I "thought" I new better and tried to make it spring back:rolleyes:..........long story short screwdriver through hand and 4hrs in accident and emergency then 2hrs in xray:wacko: so just squeeze it and leave it absolutely works fine as my future Schumacher's have proven!!

That sounds like a nightmare, thanks for the tip! I'll definitely remember that. I'm sure I'd do the same otherwise and probably manage to put a hole in at least one hand and maybe a leg or something too :lol::wacko: 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Willy iine said:

hummm.. but you will always be my inspiration. B)  Thanks for the encouragements thus far and teaching me quite a lot about these cars along the way!!

What I find absolutely amazing still to this day is you can have a brilliant conversation with like minded people who live practically on the other side of the world as though you live in the next street and it's so good that you can share your knowledge that you've picked up over the years:D its quite humbling actually!

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, ImALlama said:

I went to work today but that didn't go so well so instead of working I went to lunch.. and thanks to curiosity and @moffman s recommendation I went on a search for a cougar…. Seems I can't get my hands on one yet so I have preordered it

Am I the only one who mis-read the above first part of the post? 😂😂😂. I have a dirty mind or need glasses (or both)

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, ImALlama said:

That sounds like a nightmare, thanks for the tip! I'll definitely remember that. I'm sure I'd do the same otherwise and probably manage to put a hole in at least one hand and maybe a leg or something too :lol::wacko: 

It wasn't good but don't let my stupidity put you off and you do know the forum unwritten rule? We have to see the progress (not necessarily a build thread) and the finished buggy:D

• Like 1