Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I made a bumper for my JP Jeep. 

E3ZJUZI.jpeg

I plan to replace the round bar with a solid metal square bar to add some weight near the front.

Kg5AEAG.jpeg

Approach angles still good!

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

👍🏻 I’ve heard of it but never tried it, also used in energy drinks too such as Red Bull. 

Honestly I can't do energy drinks such as red bull or monster. I'd prefer tea, coffee or those powdered energy drinks you can find that are advertised by gamers. A huge can of monster is too much. A small can could work fine but I'd rather drink the other half later. Pretty much a case of getting a small jolt of caffeine instead of the whole can type of person.

• Like 1

Finally built some different dampers for my TB01.

Didn't think they would look much different from the black plastic CVA type but I do like them 🙂

More gunmetal than blackDSC_0494.JPG

• Like 5

Clearing the Juggernaut's body from its blue paint using Tamiya paint killer. 

The inside of the shell only has a light spray of paint and comes off easilly, the outside has a much thicker layer and requires more elbow-grease.
About half-way done with the cabine after one hour. So plenty to do for the rest and the pickup-bed.

The big bearings arrived and the normal/small ones I have on stock, so I can always switch to axle-rebuild. ^_^

Hoping there is some time to visit the LHS this weekend to get some plastic sheet materials.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

I do also remember Snakebite & Blacks, well remember as in loose sense of the term anyway 🤪

Ahhh snakebite, that takes me back. Not forgetting a TVR (tequila, vodka & Redbull)

• Like 2

On 11/5/2022 at 7:38 AM, Nikko85 said:

MN-45 body on a QD and GF01. From the reviews the MN-45 isn't that great, being somewhat sub WPL, but all the reviews said the body was pretty nice. Doesn't feel super strong, but not awful either. There are a couple of rough patches, but for the price I've no complaint, and there are lots of nice details. I need to add the in panel lines (would a Gundam marker do the job, never done this?) to make it pop. The wing mirrors are rubber which is quite nice.

UPMRFOM.jpeg

drtlL9r.jpeg

I liked this so much I ordered another for my QD MT. It's in orange. Hopefully it will match the QD wheels, or I can spray paint the QD wheels an orange spray paint I've got that should hopefully match the new shell.

I just hope the bodies don't instantly break or crack. Although there are loads available now, these items always seem to have a way of disappearing. I was looking for a yellow D12 body and couldn't find anything, whereas 6 months ago they were everywhere and available from loads of places. 

4 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Ahhh snakebite, that takes me back. Not forgetting a TVR (tequila, vodka & Redbull)

Where i went to Uni, Snake bite and black (locally knows as Purple Nasty) was like the Uni drink and only £1 per pint.

Every Saturday and Sunday morning, the roads were paved with purple vomit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Elbowloh said:

Where i went to Uni, Snake bite and black (locally knows as Purple Nasty) was like the Uni drink and only £1 per pint.

There were various versions of snakebite if I recall correctly. All seemed to have the effect described above and others!! Our version was vodka or gin, Pernod, blackcurrant squash, in a pint mug topped up with cider( dry medium or sweet it made little difference to the outcome) Happy memories, I think!!

Before the Jaegerbomb we had depth charges. I measure of crème de menthe(in a shot glass) submerged in a pint of beer of the drinkers choice.?The secret was to drink the pint without disturbing the liqueur🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Edited by Busdriver
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Elbowloh said:

Same here, which was Winchester. I assume it was a national thing?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

Same here, which was Winchester. I assume it was a national thing?

Our Uni colours were purple (Loughborough) so I just assumed it was because of that?

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Elbowloh said:

Our Uni colours were purple (Loughborough) so I just assumed it was because of that?

No, purely a reflection on the colour and quality of the drink I think 😂

• Haha 3

For me, I got the CF bits that were missing from my "full CF set :wacko:", so installed to make my car whole.  :D 

IMG_2022-11-10-105429.jpg.fa80cbb846ed6f5a81f34e4d02f08366.jpg

BEFORE..

IMG_2022-11-10-105526.jpg.d202729c828b94d154cbda834a3c1289.jpg

AFTER..

IMG_2022-11-10-105540.jpg.3ea5bfd564038f454eff92dad4edb2cc.jpg

BEFORE. 

IMG_2022-11-10-105452.jpg.312303739bf0f0d96b30bcf72f9a12bc.jpg

AFTER..

IMG_2022-11-10-105512.jpg.28b1f6824d8a19750181053cf8c53520.jpg

IMG_2022-11-10-105552.jpg.2bd743061a9a7391f58783eeccce2af9.jpg

B)

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

@ImALlama Looks like amain has the Schumachers in stock... both the Cougar and ProCat.  

More cougar hunting for me to do!? I do have needs :lol: and I did leave work early again, even went to the same place for lunch... maybe this will be my new routine. Your definitely not helping the addiction lol, I think I’m gonna hold off on the ProCat :(, at least till I find out if I’ll be getting a few other things I’m working on obtaining. I did preorder my cougar the other day though from them, hopefully I’ll have it soon

• Like 1

Saw a Marui Samurai for sale on a local ad site. But the price went up too high for my taste.

Got the Juggernaut cabine stripped from all blue paint. Some little detailing left but happy with the result. ^_^

LHS has all the stuff I wanted on stock, so a trip is definitely coming up. :lol:

• Like 1

Getting closer

jhwTCwQ.jpg

9 minutes ago, Ray_ve said:

Saw a Marui Samurai for sale on a local ad site. But the price went up too high for my taste.

Got the Juggernaut cabine stripped from all blue paint. Some little detailing left but happy with the result. ^_^

LHS has all the stuff I wanted on stock, so a trip is definitely coming up. :lol:

Samurai is always highly rated... But there is a clear trend to see more cars currently than last years or few years ago, and it seems that prices are not getting as high as before...

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, silvertriple said:

Samurai is always highly rated... But there is a clear trend to see more cars currently than last years or few years ago, and it seems that prices are not getting as high as before...

Looks like the seller stopped the ad and is trying to get more, I see the car on eBay now. :lol:

• Haha 1

Finally got around to painting the white lettering on Willy's FTAV (Fast Time Attack Vehicle) sidewalls.  

I posted vehicle pictures in the gallery only thread if interested.   Thanks for checking them out. B)

IMG_2022-11-10-163136.jpg.b5e921a50d56a4d855b07c79e9e1db85.jpg

• Like 4

I put a couple more decals on the TS050 body, if I keep this pace I should be done by spring :lol:, then I thought about putting the electronics in the td4 finally, but I decided sitting this way for a year wasn’t long enough and I should give it some more time, and then went on to order a different motor for it. Maybe by the end of this year it’ll be running :D

• Like 3

4 1/2hrs of masking just for a few pinstripes.

EC89C1A6-559B-4230-9CBE-A5C70A6B66A1.md.

Lots of cans of hope required 😉

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Re-Bugged said:

4 1/2hrs of masking just for a few pinstripes.

EC89C1A6-559B-4230-9CBE-A5C70A6B66A1.md.

Lots of cans of hope required 😉

I truly admire you. Every time I think about an intricate paint job and then think about the intricate masking required it scares me back to simpler designs!

• Thanks 1