Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Started the day fixing a few of my 1:1 trucks so didn’t get much rc time today :(. I did manage to get some battery connectors and motor wires soldered on the tc01, TA08, and the ff03.

92D17C87-C192-46D0-88A1-96093A291011.jpeg.c2ef05bb06f7f1c8ad9e182c7440e516.jpeg

Then I decided to wipe off some of the dust covering my Ford gt body (been sitting since June) and started putting on some decals

7261D3E3-839F-4713-B08A-706685284EB8.jpeg.2d5c7d77840b8617bef6e2d5952b3dac.jpeg

• Like 6

I finished doing the final touches on the Clod's USA-1 body and I'm really happy with how it turned out.

YRZ7Ftf.jpg

Mrp9lQX.jpg

kb6QfbK.jpg

And my first run.

What a riot these things are.

• Like 12

Dad and I put a new battery in my Chrysler 200 today………it was a pain as it’s battery is in the bumper and accessed by pulling the left front tire then fender liner get to the battery tray.

FullSizeRender_qfdJC5LNrDQLLvAbGtk1mA.jp

It did get a bit spicy once we got it back together, though it had 1/2 tank of E85 and temps were in the 20’s (Fahrenheit) and only got colder as the sun went down. I got on it kinda aggressive when heading back from dinner after we got it done and it about blew the front tires off trying to get through an intersection. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Set up the track for a Mini 4WD race. 

meah4zs.jpeg

Blast from the past, Zero chassis class. 

IOHhOIb.jpeg

And Type 3 chassis class. 

ovcZhEM.jpeg

• Like 7

It stopped raining for just a few hours today so I could get some paint on the TD2. I didn’t get the backing finished before it started again so hopefully it’ll be dry during the week. 

@ImALlama If you don’t mind a quick question. I’ve been looking at an on road runner for my next buy and I think it’s between the TA08 and TC01. Which would you recommend of the two? 

Just finished & uploaded the Tamiya Black Edition build experience on Youtube.  I’ve added my own flavour with the iconic custom brushless Sport Tuned motor.  It stands out on my shelf.  Also looks great as a new in box with it’s blister pack presentation.  It certainly is better in the flesh.  The only thing I would change is to have silver / chrome instead of the matt grey wheels.  Then again I think the Tamiya designers intended this to be subtle & classy.  Please like, comment, share & subscribe to my Youtube channel for more videos like this.  Thanks for watching!

• Like 5

Continued on with my Turbo Optima build. So far so good.  The CF looks very nice with the gold.. will do a few more steps later today.  

IMG_2022-11-20-120118.jpg.a48c5479865f4b94da0064fac32abc27.jpg

Update.. I think I’m going to stop here and work on the electronics tomorrow.   :D 

IMG_2022-11-20-140551.jpg.0e24dd2d47aa529a011aa7da80592529.jpg

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Nick-W said:

It stopped raining for just a few hours today so I could get some paint on the TD2. I didn’t get the backing finished before it started again so hopefully it’ll be dry during the week. 

@ImALlama If you don’t mind a quick question. I’ve been looking at an on road runner for my next buy and I think it’s between the TA08 and TC01. Which would you recommend of the two? 

@Nick-W what upgrades / hop-ups are you doing for your TD2?   I was thinking of getting one but with minimum mods (for at least day 1 😅)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frankster said:

@Nick-W what upgrades / hop-ups are you doing for your TD2?   I was thinking of getting one but with minimum mods (for at least day 1 😅)

I may have gone a little overboard considering I’ve not yet managed to get it out running 😅.
I went with the diff nut and slipper clutch as I was building but I think only the nut is a must. I’ve got the alloy servo mount which looks nice but doesn’t really seem to do anything. Finally the TT02/DF03 alloy shocks but that was more because I’d had some success selling video games on EBay and really wanted to experience building them. 
I really enjoyed the build experience. The plastic and hex screws all feel nice and premium. I think it’s worth getting. 

5FD11915-6A37-4511-80C8-0BDA0EFD3706.jpeg

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Nick-W said:

I may have gone a little overboard considering I’ve not yet managed to get it out running 😅.
I went with the diff nut and slipper clutch as I was building but I think only the nut is a must. I’ve got the alloy servo mount which looks nice but doesn’t really seem to do anything. Finally the TT02/DF03 alloy shocks but that was more because I’d had some success selling video games on EBay and really wanted to experience building them. 
I really enjoyed the build experience. The plastic and hex screws all feel nice and premium. I think it’s worth getting. 

5FD11915-6A37-4511-80C8-0BDA0EFD3706.jpeg

Thanks.  I was thinking diff nut and stabilizer bars and that it from there.   Your damper do look great 👍 

• Thanks 1

Masked up the TH-1 body. 

7aOnY8G.jpg

Sprayed 1 1/2 cans of Absima Metallic White followed by 1/2 cans of white as backing. 

rPz2YSe.jpg

Left to dry for 24 hours before the bed, still undecided color. 

• Like 4

For me, this evening I did a quick check to make sure I still had an Avante driver and high torque servo saver for my upcoming Egress Black build.. and I do.    .. I just need the store to ship me mine already.. :wacko: 

Electronics is going to be the same as my regular rere Egress with 1252MG, 1060, SuperStockBZ (unless it comes with a motor), SR215.

Sucks that I need to still cut and paint the body...I was hoping they would do all that since it's a special BLACK kit.. what other color am I going to paint it?  Battleship red? :lol:

• Like 2

Taking advantage of the weak Japanese yen, I bought another full CF set for the Optima MID.. wow, even with FedEx, still near half the price of buying from other vendors.  B)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

Masked up the TH-1 body. 

7aOnY8G.jpg

Sprayed 1 1/2 cans of Absima Metallic White followed by 1/2 cans of white as backing. 

rPz2YSe.jpg

Left to dry for 24 hours before the bed, still undecided color. 

I love the look. Monster version of Hilux / King Cab twins

9 hours ago, Willy iine said:

For me, this evening I did a quick check to make sure I still had an Avante driver and high torque servo saver for my upcoming Egress Black build.. and I do.    .. I just need the store to ship me mine already.. :wacko: 

Electronics is going to be the same as my regular rere Egress with 1252MG, 1060, SuperStockBZ (unless it comes with a motor), SR215.

Sucks that I need to still cut and paint the body...I was hoping they would do all that since it's a special BLACK kit.. what other color am I going to paint it?  Battleship red? :lol:

Buy a spare rere body and give it a try!

30 minutes ago, Frankster said:

I love the look. Monster version of Hilux / King Cab twins

Did I mention I also got the baby one? 😁

w0xn0hO.jpeg

52 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

Did I mention I also got the baby one? 😁

w0xn0hO.jpeg

Think about getting MCI repro of Tamiya Hilux on your MST?   Then you can put the baby in the back pickup bed

On 11/20/2022 at 7:24 AM, BJoe76 said:

battery is in the bumper and accessed by pulling the left front tire then fender liner get to the battery tray

You had to take the wheel off to change the battery?! yikes. My mother in law had a Smart Ka and the battery was in the passenger footwell but because of its shape and size you had to take the dashboard panel off to get the battery out. :P

• Like 1

On 11/20/2022 at 6:18 AM, wun1jee said:

What a riot these things are

It looks fantastic and watching it whizz around the sand was fun but I winced when that lovely finished body took a role at the end , eek!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alvinlwh said:

Did I mention I also got the baby one

Is the "Rowdy Bull" based on a real car? I love the sweeping curves of that body.

3 hours ago, Frankster said:

Buy a spare rere body and give it a try!

I have a spare body set with standard Egress decals, but I would rather not!  :D   I forgot what I paid, but I remember it was not wallet friendly.  

That said, store confirmed it is shipping my Egress Black in the next day or two.  B)