Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 hours ago, ImALlama said:

and now it’s much better

C4196C07-F3C1-41DD-BEF9-D36B23F754BB.jpeg.b6dffd10bf2aecde4cc031daf244a9fd.jpeg958A8AF2-F7F5-4729-B9EE-06E06E15EF9A.jpeg.41f6ff56eea7361f725f02d34a1cf0a7.jpeg

However you got there, the final result looks absolutely amazing. That's one beautiful Ford GT 👏

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Frog Jumper said:

Finished the rear wheel wells.  Guess what my daughter had for lunch!?!  Lol!

sNUJzln.jpg

iVQrP5X.jpg

Unfortunately, the containers don’t take paint very well.  The paint on the fronts flaked off while fiddling with it.  Yes I used primer, and yes I hit it with sandpaper, and yes I used soapy water prior to paint.  Oh well…

Also used some old brass tube to make a couple of mufflers.  Hammered into shape, holes drilled and filed, black paint followed by gloss aluminum (ts17).  I’ll hit it with a flame and some sandpaper once paint cures to get some patina.

tOSSicx.jpg

eV8Xh9N.jpg

On a side note, RC_Persy sent me the “simple Blackfoot interior”.  It’s made for the hardbody BF body, and so it needs some mods to fix my lexan.  First mod was magnet mounts…

It also came with two bucket seats so that is being converted to a bench seat.  Paint and then some pleather to give to some snaz.

Tamiya putty across the top of the dash to hide print lines.  This will be sanded flat once dry.

Need to find a driver figure.  These seats are way to high in overall elevation so my 6” driver figure was too tall.  I’ll have to find a Blazer driver figure instead, I think.

QET74zL.jpg

Is it a CC-02? I'm curious to see how it drives with all the weight mods you put it. I'm always fascinated to see builds like this getting DIY improvements for better performance than out of the box usage. Please take videos of it. :)

For me, just final adjustments on my wash basin.  I decided that the height was a tad on the short side so added the extensions. 

The real basin I modeled mine after has these so I guess it’s okay.. 

IMG_2022-11-27-081112.jpg.306a800c12850928d64bd1a84eb3b0c1.jpg

IMG_2022-11-27-081803.jpg.bdbadc493d2fe95ab0a0e176496bf5ab.jpg

So I was going to start the Egress black today, but honestly not in the mood.. so will work on my Javelin today. :D 

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

For me, just final adjustments on my wash basin.  I decided that the height was a tad on the short side so added the extensions. 

So I was going to start the Egress black today, but honestly not in the mood.. so will work on my Javelin today. :D 

Fantastic work as always. The details are what really gets my attention. Plus the DIYs of course. Seeing those creations is so entertaining and inspiring bro.

With regards to the Egress, I'm hoping to see a similar theme to your black SA. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

Fantastic work as always. The details are what really gets my attention. Plus the DIYs of course. Seeing those creations is so entertaining and inspiring bro.

With regards to the Egress, I'm hoping to see a similar theme to your black SA. :)

Thanks!  :D  That means a lot to me.  

The Egress I am going to do box art mainly for identification and just showcasing it is part of my line up.  However, I am working on my Javelin black version today.. :D 

• Like 1

During last week I went for the first few "white" runs of the season.

I was once again reminded of how it's exactly this kind of weather/environment that made me want to get back into RC in the first place. Snow running is just SO much fun :) up there with sand running if you ask me, but with way less headaches as a consequence.

20221120-232355.jpg

20221120-162846.jpg

20221127-111743.jpg

20221127-111531.jpg

Screenshot-20221121-153629-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20221121-153619-Video-Player.

20221121-141428.jpg

• Like 11

The rain won’t stop pouring down so no speed runs with the grasshopper today :(, guess I’ll just have to throw this thing together instead :D.

0E062643-AA2D-44E8-BEEA-CBCFB95C8C84.jpeg.9102f32c07df6f4ba029a99e57c4a790.jpeg

• Like 4

@Ferruz Looks like you had a great time!  :D  We had some slow a week or so, but melted away.  

So this is what my Javelin looks like this morning.  I realized I need the CF top deck now that this car is ‘mine’ as in design.  So placed order.  B)

I tried the black Turbo Optima wheels, but this car looks better with the factory silver wheels.. well, to me.  I’m redoing the lettering as quite a bit cracked off after many drives.   :D 

IMG_2022-11-27-112649.jpg.4523094c92d388ed76245af19817d32f.jpg

Update.. I finished the Javelin my black version.  Please check out the gallery only thead if interested.  TIA!   B)

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 4

Took the girl for her karate grading. She passed. 

Av1LAIm.jpg

Then invited her friend and his twin sisters over for a bit of Mini 4WD fun.

Too many kids in a small space = bad idea!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ImALlama said:

The rain won’t stop pouring down so no speed runs with the grasshopper today :(, guess I’ll just have to throw this thing together instead :D.

0E062643-AA2D-44E8-BEEA-CBCFB95C8C84.jpeg.9102f32c07df6f4ba029a99e57c4a790.jpeg

Hahaha i did the same thing yesterday. That is why we all gotta stock up some kits for rainy days! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

Is it a CC-02? I'm curious to see how it drives with all the weight mods you put it. I'm always fascinated to see builds like this getting DIY improvements for better performance than out of the box usage. Please take videos of it. :)

I’ll try to get some video soon. Weather where I live it’s very nice right now.

5 hours ago, Willy iine said:

IMG_2022-11-27-081803.jpg.bdbadc493d2fe95ab0a0e176496bf5ab.jpg

Next level stuff Mr Willy, beautiful work 👏

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ferruz said:

During last week I went for the first few "white" runs of the season.

I was once again reminded of how it's exactly this kind of weather/environment that made me want to get back into RC in the first place. Snow running is just SO much fun :) up there with sand running if you ask me, but with way less headaches as a consequence.

20221120-232355.jpg

20221120-162846.jpg

20221127-111743.jpg

20221127-111531.jpg

Screenshot-20221121-153629-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20221121-153619-Video-Player.

20221121-141428.jpg

That colour scheme always looks great man, but especially good in the white stuff 👌

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Frog Jumper said:

On a side note, RC_Persy sent me the “simple Blackfoot interior”.  It’s made for the hardbody BF body, and so it needs some mods to fix my lexan.  First mod was magnet mounts…

It also came with two bucket seats so that is being converted to a bench seat.  Paint and then some pleather to give to some snaz.

Tamiya putty across the top of the dash to hide print lines.  This will be sanded flat once dry.

Need to find a driver figure.  These seats are way to high in overall elevation so my 6” driver figure was too tall.  I’ll have to find a Blazer driver figure instead, I think.

Finished the interior.  Black felt along the top of the dash, brown felt on the floor, soft leather on the seat.  Chrome Molotow pen on the steering wheel and shifter knobs.  

FygPvh4.jpg

Apparently I had a spot of glue on my finger tip and touched the seat.  So we now have a “coffee stain”.

ceXwRWx.jpg

Fits beautifully inside the shell…

4G5e5lY.jpg

• Like 4

While I was pleased with the paint scheme and window stickers, I found the overall look of my Neo Scorcher runner shell to be a bit plain for my tastes, so this evening my wife and I decorated it with a few more stickers. 

2022-11-27_10-15-01

In keeping with the cheap and cheerful runner shell concept, the stickers are all either freebies that came with past purchases, or leftovers from other projects. 

• Like 5

FEBocZF.jpeg

GF01 FJ45 vs QD FJ45!

Sorted out body heights and springs for both. Need to 3D print the mount for the QD, at the moment the front is resting on a drill bit to determine the correct height (it is 7mm if you are remotely interested..😀)

It is Interesting to compare the trucks. They have almost the same wheelbase and track width due to the GF01 rear arm flip and QD hex mod legenthing the former and widening the later. The GF01 is 2.25 kg whilst the QD is 1.7 kg so a large weight difference.

The GF01 has independent suspension whilst the QD is solid front and rear axle so a true monster truck but only RWD.

Normally the GF01 would smoke a QD on performance but this QD is running a brushless combo so has a great top speed, and the widened track width means it won't topple. However the GF01 has lovely 4WD and much more capable in the rough.

@wolfdogstinkus don't worry keeping some QDs...😀

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Willy iine said:

However, I am working on my Javelin black version today.. :D 

I thought that was a Javelin Black cage in the postman thread 👍🏻
I’ve got a ‘Notify me’ alert with an Aussie shop for one, good know it looks the business. 
There was a Red version to a while that looked great as well, but doesn’t seem to be available anymore unfortunately.

Amazing job on the sink to by the way, not bad at all for an old shaky half blind fella 😉. Very inspirational my friend. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

I thought that was a Javelin Black cage in the postman thread 👍🏻
I’ve got a ‘Notify me’ alert with an Aussie shop for one, good know it looks the business. 
There was a Red version to a while that looked great as well, but doesn’t seem to be available anymore unfortunately.

Amazing job on the sink to by the way, not bad at all for an old shaky half blind fella 😉. Very inspirational my friend. 

Haha!  Thanks.  

Yeah, good eye on the postman thread.  :D  The black cage (to me) looks the part, I was always kinda nnnnn... about the orange.  I think red cage would look real good too, but the dampers are red so I decided to go with black.  I think I'll get some cage net and place on the sides of the cockpit down the road.  I think that and the upper CF deck I ordered will tighten it down nicely.  

• Like 1

Hornet is done! Except the driver figure. (Need to get some paints..)

Cannot wait to run it!

7CFE868C-512D-490E-96E2-83C7E07CAF07.jpeg

• Like 8

Sounds like you and your Javelin are good friends now @Willy iine after a slightly rocky start 😄

The Black definitely sits in your RC Shop theme very nicely. Just had a quick Google and looks like PJ have the Red in stock….so now I need 2 more Javelins…obviously.

Decisions decisions….

375DF89F-11EE-457E-993E-2F7700D37F8A.md.

• Like 1

It’s almost done, wanted to use brushless stuff I have laying around so I ended up putting in an eco power 13.5t, simply because it required the least amount of effort to make it fit :lol:. My esc options though aren’t really great, I don’t want to use the nicer ones because they are for other projects and my extras will probably melt, except one that is huge and I’d have to resolder the battery connector to get it through the hole into the battery area, and I’m too lazy for that, so off I go to by another esc :)

Even though everyone’s seen a xv01 a million times here’s another one because why not

F2A92007-217D-4DAC-8BAA-CAB8BB1ED2D0.jpeg.8834570f8659c0c040c90a70d0b31157.jpeg

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ImALlama said:

It’s almost done, wanted to use brushless stuff I have laying around so I ended up putting in an eco power 13.5t, simply because it required the least amount of effort to make it fit :lol:. My esc options though aren’t really great, I don’t want to use the nicer ones because they are for other projects and my extras will probably melt, except one that is huge and I’d have to resolder the battery connector to get it through the hole into the battery area, and I’m too lazy for that, so off I go to by another esc :)

Even though everyone’s seen a xv01 a million times here’s another one because why not

F2A92007-217D-4DAC-8BAA-CAB8BB1ED2D0.jpeg.8834570f8659c0c040c90a70d0b31157.jpeg

Whoa nice! Also what is that grasshopper with giant tires?!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sogogi said:

Whoa nice! Also what is that grasshopper with giant tires?!

It’s my speed run grasshopper, trying to get to 50mph, there’s some vids of it in 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ImALlama said:

It’s my speed run grasshopper, trying to get to 50mph, there’s some vids of it in 

Omg that is insane!