Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, moffman said:

Very valid point! And it was one I probably eventually would get if tamiya and kyosho would stop releasing buggies I absolutely always wanted when they originally came out:rolleyes: 

VQS in the USA is very pricey.. like $316 even with super saver coupon.. the same store was offering the Egress black preorder for $404 before $75 coupon, I think it was.  Not sure if they're getting any more in though.. of course mine were bought from overseas to beat traffic so paid a premium.. still cheaper than my rere Egress pair I bought last year so it made sense to me.  :D

• Like 2

Slow day. Just replaced 540 mabuchi with cr tuned motor on my cc-01. I can really feel the torque improvement. Hopefully I can run it on nearby trails this weekend.

9179A64C-EEF6-44E7-80BE-99AB6D42E10D.jpeg

• Like 3

currently working on my MST RMX 2.5S drifter i bought a while back. almost done with assembly, just need to make the dampers, install electronics and finish the magnet body mounts.

IMG-0524.jpg

IMG-0519.jpg

IMG-0520.jpg

• Like 6

On 11/27/2022 at 4:48 PM, Frog Jumper said:

4G5e5lY.jpg

Added a modified Tamiya Big Rig driver…

jULwYd5.jpg

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Frog Jumper said:

Added a modified Tamiya Big Rig driver…

jULwYd5.jpg

Love this build! I need me a CC02!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, El Gecko said:

Love this build! I need me a CC02!

Yeah it’s been a fun build, creating and modifying.  The wife is out of town so I’m planning to do some driving tomorrow. I’m hoping to convince my daughter to do some video…

• Like 1

Prepared the STL files to build a mould for an Hirobo 44B Hilux bodyshell

For memory, when the car arrived, the bodyshell was in very poor state. I'm not sure I'll be able to do something from it.

uaIKm9M.jpg

I modeled it simplified initially. The fact is that adding all details made the shell function in Fusion 360 broken, so I did not go further initially.

W3jQpGg.jpg

RVWmQfe.jpg

OQHnxM1.jpg

DWz3e5R.jpg

Then yesterday I decided to build a mould, taking into consideration that for a mould the shell function is not needed

I7iRadU.jpg

NznHbBI.jpg

dYR4wSx.jpg

The Wheelbase is  210 mm (width 172mm), and it would work for a M Chassis. Do you think it makes sense to get it produced?

• Like 4

Today ive finished up the Thunder Scorcher chassi.

This entailed finishing up what i had left over to do follow the standard manual, remixing and printing different rear arms, figuring out a way to mount a sand scorcher shell and getting that all together.

Shown here under my Midnight Beetle shell:

IMG_20221203_145204.thumb.jpg.a696e5e1c7385ff82b583c640ae08c63.jpg

• Like 8

Finally had time to get the decals finished on the TD2 and the new shell for the DF03. Pretty pleased with how they’ve turned out. Not perfect for sure and I still haven’t painted the driver but I like it a lot. 

17732928-6955-4D97-8E5C-E3C7BA9AFD9E.jpeg

B02E8E04-9509-4389-ABC3-3D2A5C790B27.jpeg

• Like 7

Got my 3D printer today. After all installations I've made some adjustments and tests it seems that there is only some fine-tuning necessary. Tomorrow I will try to print the first RC related stuff. ^_^

IMG20221203194001_j3Gklgxt2z.thumb.jpeg.d5ab6c9360630ed64805ff4b02828944.jpeg

• Like 13

@Nick-W That looks real good!   Nice job.  :D

For me, decided I need to get off my butt and reorganize the shelves a bit to accommodate my 3 remaining buggies for the vintage series.   

I stashed away the stack of GF01 boxes I was using as display stand and replaced with an actual shelf to move my Mini-Z's.. and moved my DigiQ and Matchbox cars to another shelf.  It was a bit of work as I did not want to buy new shelves ..

IMG_2022-12-3-143553.jpg.c7d7b9d5b01fbdbd509415d251f62e52.jpg

This move resulted in 3 more open space for my vintage rere buggies.. 

IMG_2022-12-3-142859.jpg.3fabe6c5b808ece3f60c8d98899756c8.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Dang @Aerobert, that looks like a serious machine!  Congrats.  :D 

Sadly my equipment is a knife, ruler, and a whole bunch of hope..!  :lol:

44 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Dang @Aerobert, that looks like a serious machine!  Congrats.  :D 

Sadly my equipment is a knife, ruler, and a whole bunch of hope..!  :lol:

I wouldn't say sadly. All the things you've built are absolutely awesome. I love your builds and will be very happy if I ever can do something like that with my 3D printer.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Aerobert said:

I wouldn't say sadly. All the things you've built are absolutely awesome. I love your builds and will be very happy if I ever can do something like that with my 3D printer.

You’re too kind.  It would be awesome to see your original garage accessories made from your 3D printer!  :D 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Flaps

spacer.png

spacer.png

Nice.  Is that nylon mesh with shoe goo?   What is the white reinforcement?   Are the red flaps art craft foam sheets?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Frankster said:

Nice.  Is that nylon mesh with shoe goo?   What is the white reinforcement?   Are the red flaps art craft foam sheets?

Yes mate, its a self adhesivs drywall mesh tape with the shoe goo. The white inner fenders are also just craft foam sheets. I glued these in with shoe goo along their edge after id cut them to suit the curved shape of the body. The the flaps are in a red foam sheet glued with shoe goo onto the white ones.

• Like 3

For me, placed order for a spare full Egress body set and Avante driver as I want to include a driver on my silver rere Egress as well.  I may end up painting the body white this time however, for some variation..  not sure yet.  :D

Going to work on some pretend RC shop decors today and start on a few Willy accessories.. taking a break from RC this week.

I think I'm going to build the Kyosho Beetle after the break.  I'm still undecided whether to build the Fighting Buggy or just keep it NIB next to my NIB SandScorcher..  the last 3 spots on the shelf I'm thinking Kyosho Beetle, Optima MID #3, and Fantom?

In off topic news, my Spotify wrapped decided I played over 156,000 hours in 2022.  My son nearly fell over when he showed me how to retrieve the summary.  :lol: It was the same reaction when I told my coworker I have like over 700K (maybe over 800K by now) United miles..  I haven't flown in years since the pandemic.. I usually traveled about half a month on a usual pre-pandemic year for business.  

I'm  going to use up all miles on my next trip to Japan with my wife.  :D  Definitely going to stop by Tamiya HQ (near my brother's house), Plamodel Factory, Blockhead Motors.. and temple/shrine to hang my "hope injected by Willy iine" ema for the gods to consider.. :ph34r:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Yes mate, its a self adhesivs drywall mesh tape with the shoe goo. The white inner fenders are also just craft foam sheets. I glued these in with shoe goo along their edge after id cut them to suit the curved shape of the body. The the flaps are in a red foam sheet glued with shoe goo onto the white ones.

Do you drive these bodies?  Will the foam last?