Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I got started with the ProCat body. Went for Box Art + (box art but with some extra flourishes)

20221218_174138.jpg

• Like 14

I've been lured in by eBay. Wasn't really intending to buy anything. 

Ended up buying a TA05 v2, Toyoto Corolla Axio GT. The chassis has been built and apparently never used (photos appear to be good) and the body is not cut/painted. Put in a bid of 95 euros (plus postage from Europe) a few hours before the end, fully expecting to be outbid, but nope. It's mine! I literally know nothing about it, bit I liked the bright orange car on the front of the box.

So now I have something to do after I've finished my Christmas present DF03...

• Like 4

3 hours ago, bRIBEGuy said:

Spent 2 days masking and airbrushing...

yl4FtMB.jpg
KI3H4Ro.jpg

Intriguing.... could we have more photos please? 😄 Love anything JP related.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nikko85 said:

Intriguing.... could we have more photos please? 😄 Love anything JP related.

Yep, plus 1 on that!

@bRIBEGuy, do we actually have an Ian Malcolm behind the wheel?😎

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

Yep, plus 1 on that!

@bRIBEGuy, do we actually have an Ian Malcolm behind the wheel?😎

And does he have his shirt on? 😀

• Haha 1

On 12/17/2022 at 10:07 AM, Andreas W said:

Messaging1671283784729.jpg

Fergie looks ace! What a stylish way to remove snow 👌

• Thanks 1

I thought I posted this am and was about to update, but I guess I didn't.  :wacko:

Anyway, the car is done, test drive and all.  What I like best about this car is how it turned out exactly how I had hoped..  B)  I will be posting pictures in the gallery only thread in a bit.  Please check it out if interested.  TIA.   :D

IMG_2022-12-18-171103.jpg.c18f47a1d1953570ffdd24e98d46471b.jpg

• Like 16

Been wanting to run some RC cars for the past two weeks. Today I finally got to do it!

I had a great run with the Terra Scorcher before lunch, and another with the Manta Ray right after eating. The snow was abundant, weather was good, and the sky decided to deliver some amazing hues during my outings which was a great bonus. Big smile on my face, cars are now fully dry again and actually cleaner than before the run! Good times ❄👍

20221218-180153.jpg

20221218-175048.jpg

Screenshot-20221218-174822-Video-Player.

20221218-180301.jpg

20221218-180319.jpg

20221218-180237.jpg

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

I thought I posted this am and was about to update, but I guess I didn't.  :wacko:

Anyway, the car is done, test drive and all.  What I like best about this car is how it turned out exactly how I had hoped..  B)  I will be posting pictures in the gallery only thread in a bit.  Please check it out if interested.  TIA.   :D

Very classy Willy, it has a real show car hotrod quality to it😎

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

WOW @Willy iine it's stunning. Congrats 😃👌👍

Also, I'm amazed at how fast you are when it comes to building. You can basically fork out a full build and a couple of Willy's home made gadgets in the time it takes me to apply a few decals! 😅

Again, your Kyosho Beetle is gorgeous.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ferruz said:

Big smile on my face, cars are now fully dry again and actually cleaner than before the run! Good times ❄👍

Always love your action shots mate, in particular with these two cars😎 I often wonder if you end up with many breakages with all the flying jumps etc. that you appear to do on a regular basis 😂👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ferruz said:

WOW @Willy iine it's stunning. Congrats 😃👌👍

Also, I'm amazed at how fast you are when it comes to building. You can basically fork out a full build and a couple of Willy's home made gadgets in the time it takes me to apply a few decals! 😅

Again, your Kyosho Beetle is gorgeous.

Thanks @Kol__ and @Ferruz!!

I took Friday off so I guess I cheated a little bit as far as build speed.. :ph34r:  The Beetle is a quick car to build as a lot of the parts come preassmbled and it's only 2WD.  I spent more time on the body.. trying that minimalistic design using space as arsenal.  :D 

Thanks again, guys.  B)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

Always love your action shots mate, in particular with these two cars😎 I often wonder if you end up with many breakages with all the flying jumps etc. that you appear to do on a regular basis 😂👍🏻

Agreed!  @Ferruz your pictures speak freedom!! and just very lively in a way an off road car should be driven and enjoyed outdoors in the wild.  :D  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday I worked on my 1/24 Tamiya 911 gt2 model and got it all primed, so now I just need to go out to the LHS and buy a light blue paint for the main body color. Today I continued on 1/48 Revell spitfire and got it all primed as well, but I at least have all the paints to finish it. Gonna keep on working on my collection of model kits until I get my TT-02 kit, which excitingly enough I've been informed will arrive this Thursday! Hoping I can get the TT-02 chassis built and running before Christmas day, which shouldn't be too big of a task. I'll make sure to have a nice build thread setup when it arrives.

• Like 1

@An_RC_Guy Sounds super exciting!   GL with your 1/24 and 1/48 too!  There is a plastic model thread in the off topic section if you want to post pictures of your models.   Of course post here too if you’d like!  B)

• Like 1

For me, taking it easy today.. I decided Willy should have a yellow top as well, so making one for him today.  :D 

IMG_2022-12-19-085443.jpg.94c8d97643efa85210c0e12184126b21.jpg

Update.. will give it some color after lunch.   :D 

IMG_2022-12-19-121728.jpg.32e2bd01373896cf6ffd9973b2a9bef8.jpg

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 6

Finished up the mechanical side of my 90's AE spare parts build top fuel dragster (TF-10).  It is very difficult to take a single picture of the whole thing.

TF10 BUILD 15.jpg

TF10 BUILD 16.jpg

TF10 BUILD 17.jpg

• Like 17

About a week ago I tossed a Reedy Zapper shorty 2s 85c in my TT02 basher and bent and puked out a TT02R dogbone and diff side drive cup. I knew I had extra TT02R dogbones on hand, but didn't have extra drive cups. I do have YR drive cups in the speedrun rig, but didn't want to rob Peter to pay Paul. I found that the only listings on fleabay were in the UK, with no USA sellers. No biggie. So I ordered a set of replacements I do believe from Tony's Tamiya.

Initially, right after it happened I had searched this whole area with no luck.

PXL-20221219-200408353.jpg

So what did I do today you ask?

I went back out and looked again. About 5 minutes later and,

PXL-20221219-200415909.jpg

It's not much, but it's honest work :lol:

-RC Perspective

• Like 8
  • Haha 6

Did more mock-up on the Juggernauts suspension geometry and body position.

What I need is more space in the front ladder chassis for some specific custom parts, but the 540 motors are in the way.

The solution proved to be dead simple, just use the chassis in reverse and remove the battery tray. Without the battery tray, the 'new' front has plenty of space as the motors are in the back under the bed.

Not sure on how to create a different position for the battery, preferably somewhere in the front for the correct weight distribution, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Willy iine said:

For me, taking it easy today.. I decided Willy should have a yellow top as well, so making one for him today.  :D 

IMG_2022-12-19-085443.jpg.94c8d97643efa85210c0e12184126b21.jpg

Update.. will give it some color after lunch.   :D 

IMG_2022-12-19-121728.jpg.32e2bd01373896cf6ffd9973b2a9bef8.jpg

Jeez man. I hope when I get started with styrene I wind up getting this good. You could make anything out of styrene. Anything.

Stellar work!

-RC Perspective

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RC Perspective said:

Jeez man. I hope when I get started with styrene I wind up getting this good. You could make anything out of styrene. Anything.

Stellar work!

-RC Perspective

Thanks!   With your level of detail you will surpass me from start!   B)  GJ finding the drive axle cup!  :D 

I got the color on it, as soon as it dries I will decal it up and snap some pictures.  :D  Next up, going to work on swapping wheels on the Dual Rider... will do that tomorrow, I think.  

IMG_2022-12-19-162011.jpg.d4d1f25801996c3fa377ebc615677bcb.jpg

Final update for the day.. finished the yellow top and posted in the galleries only thread.  Please check it out if interested.  Thanks again.   B)

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 6