Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 12/29/2022 at 10:56 PM, Kol__ said:

Today I finally decided to actually start my Christmas holidays build, a Top Force EVO. Only the third new in box kit I've built to date, and surely one of the best Tamiya build experiences, this one is staying totally box art...

4Sp8f0C.jpeg

Gk7XA7Y.jpeg

That's going to be a dream. Look forward to updates. Proper runner or Sunday best/shelfer? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Very impressed @Nikko85!!  Nice work.  

@Frankster  I see.. yeah, but you wouldn't want to know how much I need to pay for my kids universities.. one of them wants to get into flight school..  so now you know why my weekend sports car is a cheap GR Supra and not a Ferrari.  lol. :lol: :blink:

I have a few more years before my kids go to university…

a cheaper option for flight schoool is joint the Air Force 🤔

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BuggyDad said:

She looks so keen!

Early Tamiya box wrench addiction? 

TBH, she gets distracted easily. Show her an unicorn or something and off she goes.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, BuggyDad said:

She looks so keen!

Early Tamiya box wrench addiction? 

TBH, she gets distracted easily. Show her an unicorn or something and off she goes.

Did a quick refresh of a RC10LSO that I did wrong a couple of years back.  It needed to be brought back to its simple brushed roots.  

rc10l 3-3-21.jpg

1ST RC10LS REDO 1.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, BuggyDad said:

That's going to be a dream. Look forward to updates. Proper runner or Sunday best/shelfer? 

Cheers bud👍 I'm taking my time to enjoy the build and do a clean job of it, as this one is going to be my first NIB shelfer. However, that's only really the case as I have picked up all the parts to convert my DF-01 runner/basher into a Top Force EVO chassis runner. I have the Revive RC body set to use on it and I'll stick with the geared diffs over the TF ball diffs, at least for a while. Hopefully by the time the good weather is back later in the new year, I'll be onto that project🙂

Today ive buttoned up the Blackfoot chassi and made a post to my builds topic listing how it differs from a kit standard one, its all cheap or free mods for performance, ease of use or reliability.

IMG_20221231_094433.jpg.bd488da36b5bb0324944b9c5bf1e7b23.jpg

• Like 7

For me yesterday, I got this far on Collin’s (Willy’s cousin) tool case and spray bottles.  I will finish this today and start work on a .. wish me hope.. :ph34r:

IMG_2022-12-31-053617.jpg.682b4d0138fc1cb3cd7aae1cea4d71a9.jpg

Final update.. I finished the case and spray bottles.   Please check out the gallery thread if interested.  TIA. B)

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 6

On 12/29/2022 at 4:50 PM, moffman said:

If funds permit try the ultima I got a good deal on one back in 2021 I wasn't that bothered about getting one^_^  kinda wasn't on my rc radar! But what a really good quality rc definitely worth considering;) 

Thanks for posting your car and info.  Car looks great!  :D If I ever get back to vintage RC buggies that would be my first purchase.  I decided to use 2 shelf spots to showcase my Kyosho Beetle.  Seems fair as Tamiya gets a decent diorama for Willy's shop showcasing Billy's ClubBug and SandScorcher.  I have assigned Collin to take care of Kyosho's display and will get a proper display shelf once I expand my pretend RC shop next year.

That said, I will be cuing up my next builds soon.. 420X followed by Fantom followed by F104Pro2, ending with XV2-Pro.  However the biggest and most important RC project for 2023 is the pretend RC shop expansion.  It will be over double the current size and once that happens I plan to get more touring cars (240Z, 510 would be great) and a couple of drift cars.  

To wrap up 2022, the biggest achievement for me was getting the "pretend RC shop" on Instagram and reconnecting with Kogawa-san after over 20 years.  B)  I realized I was the one who faded (phased) away, he was always around.

• Like 2

Stanley the CC-02 Land Rover has been receiving further scalification. The runner shell had some roof rack accessories fitted:

20221230_191140

And the display shell now has a functional spare on the back:

20221231_144154

• Like 9

No point in doing a build thread on this one, as it's all been done many, many times before, but I'll stick a few progress updates on this thread🙂

Got a little further along with the EVO yesterday and today, not much time with two little munchkins running around it seems!

b2sn3ll.jpeg

Now set up to build the shocks, first time I've dabbled with Hi-caps😁

• Like 6

I got A and B bag of the xv-01 completed this afternoon. I’d heard people talk about how nicely it goes together and they’re right. It’s a lovely build. 
The alloy brace for the Blackfoot turned up so that was installed, the electrics were trimmed and endpointed (is that a word?). I thought that would be the chassis finished but @Ziddan’s thread looks interesting 🧐. Hopefully there will be a clear day for painting soon. 

B52EFF34-780A-4A9D-AEF7-31142A55AFFE.jpeg

• Like 4

NYE with the family, then a little bit of Mini Z action this morning before it got too hot. Happy New Year everyone!!

NYE2022.gif

• Like 7

Today I did some run with my DB01 and welp, it seems I water damaged my Futaba R203GF receiver after running over some puddles. At first it blinked green like losing connection but when I restart the car it just dead. Tried with other receiver and the car is fine. Opened the receiver case and yep I see some droplets there. Will thoroughly clean and dry it and hope for the best :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

On 12/30/2022 at 2:27 PM, Frankster said:

Nice.  How does the upper arm connect to the chassis?   Is the hub 3D printed as well?

thanks - yes, you install this piece first then just use ball connectors. Lovely mod, involves zero extra holes and feels really solid.

9pXFhrm.jpg

TfjGvtB.jpg

• Like 4

Couple of days ago… 

52598398947_d5e84c41aa_b.jpg

11 nib kits and assorted bits on their way to new homes - Bon voyage! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, J@mes said:

Couple of days ago… 

52598398947_d5e84c41aa_b.jpg

11 nib kits and assorted bits on their way to new homes - Bon voyage! 

Having a big clear out @J@mes?😢

Happy New Year everyone!  Before my wife gets up, I’m going to spray Collin’s plant.. :D

Update.. planter sprayed, started painting the tree..  

IMG_2023-1-1-080745.jpg.9faf0821070b4b50e5cb7379653f2117.jpg

Here’s historical photos..

IMG_2023-1-1-081320.jpg.c7a12b38473d294be3586ad250f73122.jpg

IMG_2023-1-1-081334.jpg.d38a408a8132facd0641fd6fdbe6002f.jpg

Final update.. finished the plant and posted pictures in the gallery only thread with the Kyosho Beetle.  Please check it out if interested.

@Ferruz sorry to hear about your wife being ill.. hope she gets well soon!   Nice pictures of your MID build.  :D 

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 9

After sitting on the bench for the last month or so I decided to paint the new rc revive body needs the decals (which are on there way) and some way of fitting the driver and cockpit? The iconic original is still the model engineering masterpiece but looks rather busy next to the TD4! 

20230101_145517.jpg

20230101_145838.jpg

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Kol__ said:

Having a big clear out @J@mes?😢

Yeah, that’s probably 1/3 my cars :o = a lot of funds needed as was recently made redundant & facing a big tax bill due Jan = bye bye toys

• Sad 5

Not quite Tamiya content but it was a year ago to the day that my wife and I started working on last year's Christmas present to each other. We worked on this a couple hours every week on Sunday when grandma was able to fit some time into her busy schedule to see her granddaughter. With an almost eerie calm and quiet about the house, we set about clicking bricks together for the past year and...

20230101_105539

We were very fortunate last year that health insurance rates only went up moderately so getting the Lego Titanic for each other seemed perfect. Since she is a lover of Lego and all things Titanic and I love Lego and studying engineering failures/accident investigation, it was perfect. Someday, we hope to scratch build a model of the Edmund Fitzgerald. We'll see what health insurance rates do next year as this year's hike cancelled Christmas, but regardless, a year's worth of shared entertainment/quiet time my wife is a pretty good value despite the high entry cost.

Its big of course. Here it is next to the largest Tamiya in my stable, the TXT-1...

20230101_110014

• Like 12

Started building my tracks, I’m too lazy to get my g601 from the garage so I decided to see how far I can go without it :D. Looks like this is as far as I can go, time to get the truck.. or take a break.

9B4090EB-1DC7-422F-92B0-DD281B8B7C38.jpeg.f44e18a29c0c6cecd6ee7f125d90fd01.jpeg

Edit:

Decided to eat some food and pulled out the Volvo, time to go back to step one and fill the diffs with putty :D

7D647F14-D638-42DE-8C2D-99A5B46258B4.jpeg.dd286054ff975289bc4dd9f82abf904b.jpeg

• Like 8