Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Our plans for new year's eve got cancelled since my wife was sick. The weather has sucked so hard lately it's not even funny (warmish rain, humidity, darkness), any other convivial plan for today and tomorrow got cancelled as well 'cause my wife is still sick, and we aren't going anywhere this time because we need to save the funds.

Well, none of the above has even remotely touched my good mood these days because... I am building the Optima Mid and enjoying every instant of it🤩💥 

What a fantastic experience it is to put together this exquisite piece of top notch engineering. Even If I knew it from the get go that I was in for a treat, I'm still mesmerized at the overall absolute awesomeness. This is a galaxy away from any other building experience I have ever had before. To say it in one word... Q U A L I T Y :wub::wub::wub:

Way to go, Kyosho. WOW.

20221230-133751.jpg

20221230-151705.jpg

20221231-153837.jpg

20221231-153851.jpg

• Like 18

Received an email from BA saying that my UK261 claim for my delay in October has been approved. That is 4 x £520, great start to the year! :D

• Like 8

Well that took the whole day :lol:... and have four more to go :wacko:. Think I’ll call it for the night and maybe work on another set tomorrow.

D23C5375-F079-45A7-BADD-4618E9147F59.thumb.jpeg.528b65677b4efd49aceba2fef53cbbe1.jpeg086B1322-B132-4CB9-B963-F8CCB49D549F.thumb.jpeg.06fa2202a5d0799be1ee38a5a3353345.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

For me, besides wasting my time on a wild goose chase, I decided Collin needs a jack..  so decided to make one.. wish me hope please.. :ph34r:

IMG_2023-1-2-103904.jpg.b7e3409340759c755901e97d7ae7ff2f.jpg

Final update for today.. will make handle tomorrow and apply some color.  :D 

IMG_2023-1-2-200400.jpg.bb5ee4e0f998727134b13c6f9f02d0cf.jpg

IMG_2023-1-2-200419.jpg.bc8bffaaf0315fee62cd005812c7f457.jpg

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 6

10 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

For me, besides wasting my time on a wild goose chase, I decided Collin needs a jack..  so decided to make one.. wish me hope please.. :ph34r:

IMG_2023-1-2-103904.jpg.b7e3409340759c755901e97d7ae7ff2f.jpg

Did you catch any geese😂😂😂

Another run with cc-01. I like to run it with stock sized tires.. more realistic and can do some sprint runs. Except stock tires do not have the best grip.. so i need to search for better ones (with more realistic non chrome wheels).

F66E1067-300B-49A9-89D1-2AE35901456C.jpeg

A668531E-8D06-4A37-8D22-C11748EEC155.jpeg

• Like 6

Another nice quiet day for me, at home busy on my Mid build and pretty much nothing else! :P

This afternoon I realized was going to need some extra holes in my rear suspension mount. It's an aftermarket CF piece but its quality feels very good, so I decided to try to do it. First time for me drilling a hole into carbon fiber: I expected it to be somehow hard, but am happy to say it was a breeze 😊

The carbon piece on the right lacked the outer holes for the rear sway bar mounts. You can see them in the kit's provided FRP part on the left.

20230102-152656.jpg

After carefully carving a pilot hole by hand, low-speed drilled a 5/64 hole and then had a final go with the 3/32 bit.

20230102-155249.jpg

Extra holes achieved! They're a little close to the edge, but that's where they are supposed to be. I'm not concerned about it anyway, as this is just the sway bar mount so it's not going to be dealing with much stress or severe hits.

20230102-155318.jpg

• Like 7

Found some old Parma racing decals!  I decided to put them on my super avante! Its getting their slowly still got to mod the cockpit and driver to fit probably get around to doing that when I have my annual few weeks holidays after xmas I never get xmas off so I generally have a few weeks off in January when everyone is fed up its something to look forward to:)

20230102_125119.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Ferruz said:

First time for me drilling a hole into carbon fiber: I expected it to be somehow hard, but am happy to say it was a breeze 😊

Nice work bud, I've read carbon fibre can be very tough to drill, so sounds like you've aced it first time😎 Glad to hear you're enjoying the build so much👍

1 hour ago, moffman said:

Found some old Parma racing decals!  I decided to put them on my super avante! Its getting their slowly still got to mod the cockpit and driver to fit

20230102_125119.jpg

Nice, with an old school touch👍What's your thoughts on how to mod the driver in?🤔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For me today I got to work on the EVO some more. Kids still at home for Xmas break, so fitted this in between building Lego with them, taking them out for a woodland walk and other Dad duties...

aAHnWuB.jpeg

3rZftsk.jpeg

RHgf5Ui.jpeg

jXyHAui.jpeg

Chucked in a knackered old servo and my old set up battery, and fitted the shell and wing pre-decals. I'm surprised by the looks, it's about as extreme as I expected it to look (I didn't actually used to be a fan of this buggy), but in the flesh it is a very unique, classy, svelte beast of a buggy and if course the build is pure class.

3apOTIC.jpeg

cLYR2vr.jpeg

ve36vxn.jpeg

• Like 16

@Kol__ the EVO build is looking great so far!! 😀👍

I too always had mixed feelings about the looks of this buggy, but it's really growing on me with time. Would love to see one in the flesh!

• Thanks 1

I finally finished my TD2 build. Ended up really enjoying the build and chassis (I didn’t bother with the silly mudguards) until I put on the white star dish wheels. Something doesn’t look right to me…

5E0FD998-B538-4D8E-8AC2-BB9A7D14002B.jpeg

• Like 7

Gave the Blackfoot a run around the garden after a light resto on it…

57BBF120-B9A1-415C-9787-76EECA75D41D.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

4 hours ago, Kol__ said:

ve36vxn.jpeg

Best view. Looks great with minimum decals.  Is the car really this low in stock form?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Re-Bugged said:

Are these Air Jordan’s?

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Mmm, more like a Blackshoe :P

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

The new Jun Zapatabe design!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, msgimartin said:

I finally finished my TD2 build. Ended up really enjoying the build and chassis (I didn’t bother with the silly mudguards) until I put on the white star dish wheels. Something doesn’t look right to me…

5E0FD998-B538-4D8E-8AC2-BB9A7D14002B.jpeg

Great paint job. Looks like an off-white in the photo. I love the subtle liveries the most. 

7 hours ago, Kol__ said:

ve36vxn.jpeg

That's really turned my head.

Don't put the decals on! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Frankster said:

Best view. Looks great with minimum decals.  Is the car really this low in stock form?

Yeah, looks pretty mean from that angle. The buggy and shocks have been built to kit spec and it's sitting there in the pics with a motor, steering servo and a NiMH battery pack for the weight. The front shocks have only one of the two preload collars fitted. I've put the 5mm ones on and left the 4mm's (I think) off. On the rear I've put no collars on and moved out the lower mount from the centre hole to the outer hole.This all allows it to sit lower on the shelf. I can go lower if I move to different holes on the upper shock mounts and also out one on the front lower mounts, which I'll have a look at when the buggy is complete and ready for the shelf.

1 hour ago, BuggyDad said:

That's really turned my head.

Don't put the decals on!

Lol, yeah it's certainly a head turner, the wing angle and height is nuts. I may bend the wing mount wire to lower the angle (can test that with the parts bag acquired for my runner build/conversion).

This one is destined to be box art. However, when my DF-01 is converted to the Top Force EVO chassis, that will have a custom TF shell. I'll update the build thread on that one when that process begins, not for a little while yet though I reckon.

• Like 1