Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, Kol__ said:

Nice work bud, I've read carbon fibre can be very tough to drill, so sounds like you've aced it first time😎 Glad to hear you're enjoying the build so much👍

Nice, with an old school touch👍What's your thoughts on how to mod the driver in?🤔

I'm thinking of the dashboard you get with the super avante and somehow the generic head and shoulders you get in a lot of tamiya kit but the dash is slightly to wide and the head/shoulders needs moving forward!? But that's what we all love a challenge I did originally think the cockpit set from the original avante could fit but it fowls to many moving parts steering rods and shock springs!......definitely not giving up though!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Frankster said:

@Kol__
I have only noticed this continuous arch from body to rear wing when viewing the side profile… 🤤

A3678380-B1B0-442A-B480-D77598D695D1.jpeg.efdc4142ab9bee013869137639f3bdce.jpeg

Yeah, pretty extreme isn't it, body and wing must produce lots of Down Force (from the Top?🤔😂)

More detail work.  Reduced the slop in suspension arms and upper links with shims and alloy bushings, replaced ball ends as well.  Added GT Tuned motor and aftermarket shocks.

Porsche 934R TA02SWB.jpg

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Rally! said:

Great paint job. Looks like an off-white in the photo. I love the subtle liveries the most. 

It’s actually PS-57 Pearl White, which gives that off white look. I’m thinking I probably should have done PS-58 Pearl Clear and backed it in PS-1 White. 

• Like 1

For me, it’s time to paint. :D 

IMG_2023-1-3-094953.jpg.edd079daf55e68e1ae25627ef98cd679.jpg

Final update.. will apply decals and post on the gallery only thread later today along with matching jack stands.  B)

IMG_2023-1-3-141601.jpg.074e5bfc392c1bd98456ad38453c291b.jpg

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 9

Picked up supplies at local hobby shop afterwork. 740D2B70-1F42-4041-8F71-658BB90C724D.jpeg.aa3532d8fa202f30a2a0a13f8833d8a5.jpeg
Motor was second hand but seller noted it was on display only.  

Finally finished masking.  Starting the Corsa grey paint first…17ED5B92-755E-47CB-A4A5-8EDE9D61FB0E.jpeg.be36d8c8aa99d4071a5d386eb1a0c43b.jpeg

• Like 7

Went out and gave the CMX Defender it's maiden run. :D More pics in the gallery thread.

20230103_143630.jpg20230103_144624.jpg20230103_144519.jpg

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Frankster said:

Finally finished masking.  Starting the Corsa grey paint first…17ED5B92-755E-47CB-A4A5-8EDE9D61FB0E.jpeg.be36d8c8aa99d4071a5d386eb1a0c43b.jpeg

Nice work Mr.F😎 I'm thinking about Corsa grey for one of my builds, so will keep an eye out for your results👍

• Like 1

Almost completed another dt03, with leftover parts from other models and a few spares.  Battery assembled with two recycled LiFe cells A123 26650

Resizer_167268436863311.jpg

Resizer_16726843584209.jpg

Resizer_16726843468467.jpg

Resizer_16726843349775.jpg

Resizer_16726843184423.jpg

Resizer_16726843020531.jpg

• Like 7

Sort of a "few days" lumped into "today"... but spent some time working on a couple Willy heads...

0DZZcrS.jpg
EzuZv1u.jpg
sPqGvLi.jpg
vt9Az3d.jpg
5n0PrQS.jpg
Kf5oFH9.jpg
MgVqdK8.jpg
AaIm81U.jpg
It3pBQ5.jpg

• Like 16

Made 145mm long tie-rods for the Juggernaut's suspension.

In total, the wheelbase is 50mm/2inch longer than stock, and with the wide spacer kit approx 25mm/1inch wider. Biggest car on my shelf. ^_^

Going for a bit of a 'racing' look with a lower mounted body, love this car already. :lol:

QKQguCE.jpg

• Like 9

12 hours ago, Frankster said:

@Kol__
I have only noticed this continuous arch from body to rear wing when viewing the side profile… 🤤

A3678380-B1B0-442A-B480-D77598D695D1.jpeg.efdc4142ab9bee013869137639f3bdce.jpeg

I think tamiya got it so right with the topforce! Superb low centre of gravity and body to back that up! It still holds it own today:wub:

• Like 4

@bRIBEGuy nice job on Willy!  :D   

I glued the halves on my new one earlier today and this time just used the thin Tamiya plastic cement .  It seems to have worked well.  It fully dries in like 5 min so I filed and sanded the joint right after..  

No putty used.  

IMG_2023-1-3-164000.jpg.e3dac467c904d5d3cb6eeb0758c68969.jpg

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Kol__ said:

Lol, yeah it's certainly a head turner, the wing angle and height is nuts. I may bend the wing mount wire to lower the angle 

Blasphemy ;) The lines of the TFE are second to none in my opinion. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, GeeWings said:

Blasphemy ;) The lines of the TFE are second to none in my opinion. 

😂😂 Yeah, I can totally appreciate that now I have it here in the flesh, but it still seems a little OTT. I think I may leave this standard build version as is, as I want it 'box art' and as Tamiya intended, and just tweak my runner wing instead. Have you seen the Revive RC wing? It's slightly less extreme and still blends well with the body.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2022 at 5:43 PM, Frankster said:

I have a few more years before my kids go to university…

a cheaper option for flight schoool is joint the Air Force 🤔

I meant to reply back and kept getting side tracked..!  Yes, my kid was considering that earlier on as he has the grades, SAT score, and physically in shape to do so, but when you're working for a country that supports a chief like the previous president you think twice when you don't look caucasian.  Plus I can pay for everything if needed so I told him to just choose a school he wants to go to.  I can accept not buying an exotic car :lol: who am I kidding anyway, I don't even want one.  Not sure how much scholarship he can get as my wife and I are in a tricky income bracket, but he has many AP credit and plans to graduate in 3 years so it's expensive, but not THAT expensive.  

Anyway back to RC.. so the plan was to start the 420X this week, but honestly lost interest. :wacko:  It's like I want to just get a RTR 240Z Kyosho will hopefully release this year and call it a day.  I guess I will open the box and take a look inside and hopefully that will generate enough motivation for me to start, but if not, I think I'm just going to skip it and build the Fantom next.   I'm not going to force myself.  I guess am more an off road guy..(?) like go back to my roots M38..?

• Like 3

@Kol__ Don't bend the wing wire!  :lol: That wing is actually super functional and the car will not drive the way it is suppose to without that wing.  With and without is a night/day difference.   Nice job on the build, TF Evo is one of favorites.   :D   It took me some time to get acquainted to the body line, but once I did.. :wub:

5 hours ago, mastino said:

Resizer_16726843468467.jpg

@mastino should the battery sit closer to the rear and foam block in the front to provide better rear weight bias?

The DT-03 Black edition is looking good

23 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

I meant to reply back and kept getting side tracked..!  Yes, my kid was considering that earlier on as he has the grades, SAT score, and physically in shape to do so, but when you're working for a country that supports a chief like the previous president you think twice when you don't look caucasian.  Plus I can pay for everything if needed so I told him to just choose a school he wants to go to.  I can accept not buying an exotic car :lol: who am I kidding anyway, I don't even want one.  Not sure how much scholarship he can get as my wife and I are in a tricky income bracket, but he has many AP credit and plans to graduate in 3 years so it's expensive, but not THAT expensive.  

Good luck on your kid getting into the school of his choice. 

• Thanks 1

Don't mean to brag, but just a milestone for me, the miniature craft guru, Ms. Hannah Lemon, commented that she liked the plant I made for Collin.  :D   Means a lot to me when a super pro like herself gives me positive feedback like that!  B)

IMG_2023-1-1-184023.jpg.f87495cd7dccf38baf42ce0fe62e675c.jpg

• Like 7