Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

37 minutes ago, Frankster said:

@mastino should the battery sit closer to the rear and foam block in the front to provide better rear weight bias?

The DT-03 Black edition is looking good

Hi Frankster, it's all to be tried and discovered. The size is quite small; barely wider than a stick pack but much shorter, the battery as assembled weighs about 150 grams. More or less as a 2S LiPo " shorty".

59 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

@Kol__ Don't bend the wing wire!  :lol: That wing is actually super functional and the car will not drive the way it is suppose to without that wing.  With and without is a night/day difference.   Nice job on the build, TF Evo is one of favorites.   :D   It took me some time to get acquainted to the body line, but once I did.. :wub:

Interesting, taken under advisement, thanks,👍 I do wonder if the wings on these cars really do much anyway, but then again I'm no racer or anything to have no real world experience there tbh. When I next drive a buggy I'll whip the wing off and give it a blast without it to see if my meagre skills can notice any difference.

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

I guess I will open the box and take a look inside and hopefully that will generate enough motivation for me to start, but if not, I think I'm just going to skip it and build the Fantom next.   I'm not going to force myself.  I guess am more an off road guy..(?) like go back to my roots M38..?

No rush is there buddy, if you're not feeling it, I say just do what you are feeling, Fantom or whatever😎

(oh and also off road buggies rule all.)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, cosworthwesty said:

MF-01X with a Suzuki swift body, it’s a bit tight at the back but should be ok 

image.jpg

Is that the old Monster Swift body with the correct wheels?! Nice!

I have the body and decals to go on my MF-01X but couldn't find the wheels when I was shopping last year. I really liked the idea of the 4WD Swift on a 4WD chassis, I have the old FWD yellow Swift on an M05-RA.

5 hours ago, cosworthwesty said:

MF-01X with a Suzuki swift body, it’s a bit tight at the back but should be ok 

image.jpg

How fast are these MF-01X chassis compared to the M-0X chassis?

• Like 1

Last night and this morning I made more progress on the tracks, biggest dilemma I had was deciding if I should connect both rear tracks together to have large ones or keep them separate and have 4ws. Ended up going with the 4ws. I meant to build the middle tracks first but wasn’t thinking and started them as steering ones and just kept going, hopefully putting he middle ones on won’t be too hard with the rears in place :wacko:

2D16FC83-1A0D-4FF4-B582-2DB45ABC4B84.thumb.jpeg.0436d3ba5156c0f0236d102d03522cda.jpeg

• Like 7

Finished my staycation "rush job" of the F-104W chassis of the Wolf WR1. Why rush job? My "employment" had been extended till the end of the week and I have free run of an empty hotel. I don't plan to run this outside so this maybe my only chance to try out the chassis for a very long time. It is the most frustrating chassis I had built in a long time.and being a rush job, I did not have time put up a build thread yet. A brief one will be posted later although I don't think there will be much interest in this. The body will come much later when I go on an actual holiday to pick up some TS-55.

hC0SghI.jpg

As I am short of a number of key items, I had to use some temporary replacements. The ESC is a test/run in ESC and the radio is borrowed from my son. However, it gives me a chance to try out a gyro in this chassis, something I had seen recommend, as the RX has one built in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kol__ said:

Interesting, taken under advisement, thanks,👍 I do wonder if the wings on these cars really do much anyway, but then again I'm no racer or anything to have no real world experience there tbh. When I next drive a buggy I'll whip the wing off and give it a blast without it to see if my meagre skills can notice any difference.

No rush is there buddy, if you're not feeling it, I say just do what you are feeling, Fantom or whatever😎

(oh and also off road buggies rule all.)

:lol:  I see you slipped a quick one in there!   :D 

• Haha 2

Painted some dark blue accent on the Turbo Scorpion wheels yesterday. Enamel takes a an age to dry here this time of year, still slightly tacky this morning so a short stint in the sun will help them.

4239D2B5-4764-4590-BDC0-C536142A71CC.md.

These will be my runner wheels, as I’d like a set of the Satin Chrome one’s (found some here in Oz fortunately) for looking smick on the shelf as seen with @Willy iine’s fine example on the RC Gallery thread 👍🏻  

• Like 9

hmm, its been ages since I've done anything. But today I managed to finish a 3D print for @silvertriple and do a vac form. Plus I also started playing around with vac forming 1 mm polycarbonate.

the 3D mould - a body for the Marui Mid-ship. This one was quite complex to vac form, so I'm happy with the results, in PETG at this stage, but intend on doing this in polycarbonate too.

vac-forming-1.jpeg

vac formed. I've updated my vac former since my threads last post. Updated details coming very soon, this machine performs a lot better.

vac-forming-3.jpeg

cut out. PETG is great in that can capture a lot of detail. You can see the 3D printer layers in this. This was just a test, so the final version will get smoothed.

vac-forming-9.jpeg

and a test using polycarbonate. My issue here is the plastic is heating too quickly and the moisture in the plastic bubbles out. I have to work out how to try the sheets before vac forming. Its a pretty basic shape, so wasn't too hard to do.

vac-forming-24.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, yogi-bear said:

hmm, its been ages since I've done anything. But today I managed to finish a 3D print for @silvertriple and do a vac form. Plus I also started playing around with vac forming 1 mm polycarbonate.

the 3D mould - a body for the Marui Mid-ship. This one was quite complex to vac form, so I'm happy with the results, in PETG at this stage, but intend on doing this in polycarbonate too.

vac-forming-1.jpeg

vac formed. I've updated my vac former since my threads last post. Updated details coming very soon, this machine performs a lot better.

vac-forming-3.jpeg

cut out. PETG is great in that can capture a lot of detail. You can see the 3D printer layers in this. This was just a test, so the final version will get smoothed.

vac-forming-9.jpeg

and a test using polycarbonate. My issue here is the plastic is heating too quickly and the moisture in the plastic bubbles out. I have to work out how to try the sheets before vac forming. Its a pretty basic shape, so wasn't too hard to do.

vac-forming-24.jpeg

Nichimo Midships, my friend... This is far too much over-engineered car to be a Marui car :-) 

• Haha 4

As my "staycation" is coming to an end, it is time to take some of the toys I brought along home. So took the DF-02 out for its first real drive.

EB42R8s.jpg

dCYnXA9.jpg

It got home under its own power instead of inside another car.

• Like 8

Finally managed to get back to my unfinished XV-02. I've been waiting for the big bore springs to come into stock somewhere. Now that they've arrived I can start the dampers:

KNMeDl0.jpg

zOe6tBD.jpg

• Like 7

21 hours ago, Frankster said:

Finally finished masking.  Starting the Corsa grey paint first…17ED5B92-755E-47CB-A4A5-8EDE9D61FB0E.jpeg.be36d8c8aa99d4071a5d386eb1a0c43b.jpeg

Great choice, it works really well with the Gulf livery IMO 👍

spacer.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Willy iine said:

@bRIBEGuy nice job on Willy!  :D   

I glued the halves on my new one earlier today and this time just used the thin Tamiya plastic cement .  It seems to have worked well.  It fully dries in like 5 min so I filed and sanded the joint right after.. 

No putty used.  

Ha ha ha... I use putty, and @Willy iine shows how easily he can do a better job using nothing!   ;)

In all seriousness, I wasn't sure if it was worth it or not... and since it cracked on the seam during installation, I'm guessing not.  Oh well... learning experience.  On the plus side... head is on!

N8PqXYU.jpg
HCwzb3U.jpg
M4tR6My.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, toyolien said:

Finally managed to get back to my unfinished XV-02. I've been waiting for the big bore springs to come into stock somewhere. Now that they've arrived I can start the dampers:

KNMeDl0.jpg

In a similar vein, after 3/4 weeks away from RC I’ve finally got round to building the shocks for my Evo III project today. Not quite as elegantly laid out as yours though 😊

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 6

14 hours ago, ImALlama said:

Last night and this morning I made more progress on the tracks, biggest dilemma I had was deciding if I should connect both rear tracks together to have large ones or keep them separate and have 4ws. Ended up going with the 4ws. I meant to build the middle tracks first but wasn’t thinking and started them as steering ones and just kept going, hopefully putting he middle ones on won’t be too hard with the rears in place :wacko:

2D16FC83-1A0D-4FF4-B582-2DB45ABC4B84.thumb.jpeg.0436d3ba5156c0f0236d102d03522cda.jpeg

This is awesome. I think rear full tracks and a tire and the front would also be something special, but this with full six tracks will also be immense. Can you make the tipper work? I saw something on YT suggesting it was possible, but not seen details.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

In a similar vein, after 3/4 weeks away from RC I’ve finally got round to building the shocks for my Evo III project today. Not quite as elegantly laid out as yours though 😊

spacer.png

spacer.png

Pfffffftttttthhhh

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

5 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Pfffffftttttthhhh

spacer.png

Pulled Pork, the connoisseur's choice 😋

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Pfffffftttttthhhh

spacer.png

normally a cardboard box retrieved from the  recycling for me!

Sorry @Nicadraus I posted in the wrong thread.  I thought I was posting here.. :wacko:

Here is what I wanted to post on this thread this am.. my head was apparently not awake yet.  :blink:

IMG_2023-1-4-075523.jpg.b3aabdbf2589d707df5ef5e7e00e347a.jpg

Money making gig day today at the office.. cause it's not like my pretend RC shop has any revenue.. :wacko:

• Haha 4

Just now i got the longer m3 bolts i had ordered and used a couple of them to replace the m3 bar holding the front shocks and gearbox clamp on my Blackfoot.

At 2am this morning, just before i went to bed, i decided to order a Frog kit, sandblaster tires+rims, bearings and a pair of oil shocks to build up a chassi for an ORV based Ranger (ill probably also make mounts to fit my Sand Scorcher shells on it too for when im in that mood). 

I figure the Blackfoot body i already have (which will be done up boxart) will do double duty to begin with but my intent is to get another Blackfoot body later to to paint up.

I decided against getting another Blackfoot kit to not have to deal with the different front axles and (lower) gearing it has compared to small wheel ORVs, i found one a bit cheaper so the savings there will go towards the 2nd Blackfoot body.

• Like 1

Decided to put brushless(shimmed diff too) also most hop ups i’ve ever put in tamiya kit yet. Looks nice though haha

8E1CF1A9-AC2C-492D-BB6D-B8D6DD72318A.jpeg

• Like 9

6 hours ago, Juhunio said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Ooh i do like that Tamiya damper stand. Shame I couldn't use it on the big bores though. Had to resort to my Yeah Racing one instead. Your workspace looks a lot cleaner than mine 😬

7 hours ago, toyolien said:

KNMeDl0.jpg

zOe6tBD.jpg

7 hours ago, Juhunio said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Oh man, so much Tamiya blue bling, it's overload! Awesome pieces, just awesome😎

• Like 1

12 hours ago, silvertriple said:

Nichimo Midships, my friend... This is far too much over-engineered car to be a Marui car :-) 

By the way, had a reflexion about this: when coming about over engineering, Tamiya engineers are kids compared to the Nichimo guys :-D

Here is the  "Limited Slip Differential" featured in all Nichimo 4WD cars, and probably designed under LSD, which may have participated to the name of the thing  :-D

onYWhqd.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2