Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Started like this...

MgVqdK8.jpg

But definitely needs those (now) iconic black rimmed glasses...

gf3mncL.jpg
qisyk5d.jpg

• Like 8

Today ive made an STL file of a ball end, 3mm rod to 4mm ball, can be used for various things, this use case was for malacaih to be able to use for upgrading the steering on a Frog.

Having looked at the manual im reasonably sure the size of the ball is correct for it, ive tested in and it snaps onto the steering ball on my grasshopper, it a little tight but heating the bit covering the ball and moving it a little makes the fit perfect.

M3rod-to-4mmBall.zip

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BuggyDad said:

Sorry. Keep getting duplicate posts for some reason. Is there a way to delete a whole post? 

Bizarrely, on this forum, there is not🤷🏻

7 hours ago, BuggyDad said:

Sorry. Keep getting duplicate posts for some reason. Is there a way to delete a whole post? 

just report it, the mods will see the report, and we can delete it for you

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I started gathering parts for a new project! I got a deal I couldn't pass up on an M05 roller (that was practically brand new..!) and I decided it was time to do something I've wanted to do for a long time.

AkojI2u.jpg

6hnj3u8.jpg

Now I'm just waiting on the body!

• Like 8

@bRIBEGuy Great idea with the glasses!  I need to go dig out Jack's head from the trash.  lol 

So my attempt to make the latest plant turned out to be pretty much a fail.  :wacko:  It looks like those imitation leaves you find inside sashimi packages at the Japanese supermarket.   hahaha.  Man, I could've saved so much time just getting that and feasting on some shakeh (salmon). :lol:

Main issue is shaping each of the leaves..first the leaves needed to be a tad longer.. and have more contour.. the bend for each of the leaves needed to look like it is falling at the tips which is a tad of a pain to do with styrene at those numbers.  I'm going to add some artificial highs and lows today to give it some shape by color.   Also needs another 2-3 stems with leaves in the same planter. 

I think next time just buy the plants from Hannah herself and save myself the embarrassment.   B)  I'll stick to making garage accessories..  

IMG_2023-1-6-011927.thumb.jpg.8bb0f189f3472edcb3c3068bb4921d8d.jpg

Garage accessories.. more Willy iine genre. 

IMG_2023-1-3-213526.thumb.jpg.1e0bb1c2122c4d4bdf89276b3ba2fa52.jpg

IMG_2022-12-24-164612.thumb.jpg.fc6e90c3f34878f5a3c55352159a2b72.jpg

• Like 5

In other news, my wife is wanting to gift me a present with a budget of $300..  I came down to 3 options.

Option1 :  M06 Beetle with servo, super mini CVA, servo, receiver, bearings. B)

Option2:  Kyosho Ultima (yeah, I'm done with vintage buggies, but this one is a critical missing piece of the puzzle for sure).. B)

Option3:  Top end black wire shelf to replace the flimsy one I currently use. (this one is well over $500, but she is okay if I chose this route)

Which one would you choose?  I'm leaning towards Option3 at the moment..but what is holding me back is I can't take this unit back to Japan when the time comes due to its size and weight.. :wacko:

• Like 1

Of course the shameless idiot that I am, will continue to practice making the plant for internet comical entertainment purposes.. :ph34r:

Wish me hope.. (now I am angry for how I failed :lol: ) :angry:    Added 5mm length and shaved off 0.5mm width.

IMG_2023-1-6-090309.jpg.89d2171e1173b9309ef9daad5ea4834f.jpg

Hannah DM’ed me on IG stating she was impressed I was able to get the plant to that level using styrene.  

My between the lines interpretation.. “good for styrene, but not at the level it needs to be”.  

I agree.. can’t stop now. :angry:

Update.. new leaves painted and added more highs and lows on the existing plant.  I will assemble everything into planter once dry.   :D 

IMG_2023-1-6-113537.jpg.b49e19b5a09f46a0fc84156730e5ceca.jpg

Final Update.. I’m calling it :D   It’s nowhere near where it should be, but this is my best for this plant.. :ph34r:

IMG_2023-1-6-115811.jpg.e2353c231d4ef130af98afd139f1a579.jpg

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 6

35 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Which one would you choose?  I'm leaning towards Option3 at the moment..but what is holding me back is I can't take this unit back to Japan when the time comes due to its size and weight.. :wacko:

Lucky guy!

Personally I'd go with Option 1... but purely for the selfish reason that it's a kit I've always wanted to buy, and have never pulled the trigger on.  This way I can live vicariously thru you!  ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Finally finished the chassis build of my TB Evo III, built entirely from parts and with many alterations and upgrades from the stock kit (mostly of the blue aluminium variety 😎)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Then did a quick scissor cut and test fit of the body shell

spacer.png

spacer.png

Loads still to do (electrics install, sanding and shaping, painting, stickering, cockpit, fine tuning ride height and rear wheel position, etc etc) but today felt like a good milestone for this project 😀

• Like 16

Put in a decent ESC into the F-104W, thanks to the usual fast service from JK 

DcE5GyM.jpg

• Like 3

I must be a bit quirky myself, because I'm getting way too many good feelings just by looking at this... :wub: (don't worry though, it's nothing sexual 🤣)

20230105-162823.jpg

20230106-124857.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

21 minutes ago, Ferruz said:

I must be a bit quirky myself, because I'm getting way too many good feelings just by looking at this... :wub: (don't worry though, it's nothing sexual 🤣)

I dunno mate, I reckon there is something sexy about that chassis. I mean not that you'd try to fooook it or anything , but still sexy as hellll!😉😂

• Haha 6

6 minutes ago, bRIBEGuy said:

And a little more work later... and I'm proud to present "Ian"!

uIidVul.jpg
O6qT5Qh.jpg

Is that Ian Malcolm again under there?😉

1 minute ago, Kol__ said:

Is that Ian Malcolm again under there?😉

Sure is!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, bRIBEGuy said:

Sure is!

Fantastic. Glasses are epic. Now does he need some chest wig showing?🤔 

• Haha 1

Just a quick question regarding the TT-02 Porsche 911 RSR: Do I have to use the long wheel axles for this body or are the wide rear wheel enough?

Edit: Forget my question, I've just checked the parts tree. There are only the standard ones. So the question is already answered.

Edited by Aerobert
Answered the question by myself

25 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

Fantastic. Glasses are epic. Now does he need some chest wig showing?🤔 

Solid maybe!

• Haha 1

Need to print more parts for the Juggernaut, but the 3D printer had issues printing ABS parts.

The temperature is higher compared to PLA parts, and the heated printbed could not cope too well with this.

Ordered a magnetic base with metal printing sheet to put on the heated printbed, this works so much better!
If only we had this kind of stuff as kids. :lol:

Trq1lXe.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ray_ve said:

Need to print more parts for the Juggernaut, but the 3D printer had issues printing ABS parts.

The temperature is higher compared to PLA parts, and the heated printbed could not cope too well with this.

Ordered a magnetic base with metal printing sheet to put on the heated printbed, this works so much better!
If only we had this kind of stuff as kids. :lol:

.. I'm not a kid and still don't have one nor have the intelligence to use one.. :wacko: 

:lol:

• Like 2