Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Made it through to the other side of a Force 8. First of many (I hope) holiday shots.

JKJvCt8.jpg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Re-Bugged said:

So there I was just sitting in the hobby room checking over the Turbo Scorpion for some photos tomorrow and suddenly realise there must be something amiss with Kyosho’s spell check…

B31E2C54-5DB2-49C2-BA7B-FF109AD0AC79.jpg 

Wonder if the vintage ones are like it, or just the re-re’s?

Haha!  I didn’t even notice that since my vision is pretty lame.  :D  Nice catch.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moffman said:

The world has officially gone mad:blink: ! I just thought it was the UK who started getting stupid with importing items obviously not! It's seems that our esteemed leaders are encouraging us to trade on a global scale along as they can stiff us with as much tax as possible when we receive whatever we have globally traded........or is it us that's gone mad for trusting what they tell us?

I haven’t changed so it’s definitely the world!   The latest update is delivery expected Monday so now we’re getting somewhere!!  :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Willy iine said:

I haven’t changed so it’s definitely the world!   The latest update is delivery expected Monday so now we’re getting somewhere!!  :D

I hope so mate👍 I've given up on ordering overseas because in the UK at the moment its just a lottery on the final price your actually going to pay and when you're going to get your items and a lot of overseas hobby shops only accept orders over a certain amount:( 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bavee said:

1674293906894.thumb.jpg.bd5a1d4701197a7016e1ede5af4027eb.jpg

Toy Car Parts from RCMart ;).

I feel for you @Willy iine. Hope you get it fixed soon!

Yeah, thanks for throwing sand in my eyes man.  What an *******. 

42 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Yeah, thanks for throwing sand in my eyes man.  What an *******. 

Sorry. That was really not my intention. Removed image but the quoted ones remain.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, moffman said:

I hope so mate👍 I've given up on ordering overseas because in the UK at the moment its just a lottery on the final price your actually going to pay and when you're going to get your items and a lot of overseas hobby shops only accept orders over a certain amount:( 

Thanks.  I hope things smooth out for your area too.  

I sent email letting rcMart know the hoops I had to jump through and conveniently they are on national Lunar holiday.. and you know what they're going to say after they return.. a one liner with missing text.. "you package delivered".       :lol:   it's okay.. not like I'm hurting over here, just frustrated I had to cater to stupid (both rcMart and CBP) for something I was supposed to simply just enjoy. 

Yeah, I've experienced super long delays on orders coming out of UK due to the postal strike.. hope your local stores have what you want because the stores in the USA are pretty empty on stuff from Kyosho.. although KyoshoAmerica has been ramping up nicely lately.  I've been asking them to stock up on Mini-Z EVO AWD's.  That is the next phase I am getting into probably along with 1:10 drift cars.  I estimate I will get at least 5-6 EVO's and a nice high end drift car after I learn the art with the RTR that is on the way to me. .given I like to drift..I don't know yet as I don't own a drift specific chassis.  

I enjoyed the TRF build, but the car is just too big and too fast for the space I drive in.  So this is why I am not getting any more touring car gear other than the Kyosho RTR's like the upcoming 240Z which is more for show.   I am assuming the same for the F1.  Fantom is promising as it's small and AWD..  I will most likely get another one and get all the CF pieces available for it, paint it another color not that the yellow is bad. 

• Like 1

@Kol__ I watched the RCKicks video on the Fantom thanks for the info.  I think the biggest difference is his primary objective is getting video content out quickly to his subscribers and followers on social media where as I am just a regular ol Joe building cars for my own personal enjoyment at my own pace.  I can spend 10x the time he did if I wanted to perfecting the body and no one would care.

I am sure he can do A LOT better than what he showed on that clip given he takes his time.  B) 

• Like 1

Finished some cockpit cages for my three TA02 shells (Taisan Porsche GT2, Toms Castrol Supra and Clarion GTRLM)

spacer.png

• Like 9

13 hours ago, Sogogi said:

Fixed up my cc01 and had a blast! I just wish stock tires are softer. They spin like crazy because those tires are hard… Any recommendations that are around the same size?

E0F53569-66ED-45C3-9636-CAA0B070FAA2.jpeg

With part number 54735 those tires are also available in soft compound. But I can't say what soft means. I like the KM tires from MST. Almost same size and good grip for trailing:

https://www.rc-mst.com/product_info.php?class_sn=3&class_sn2=108&sn=2666

• Like 1

For me, moving on my Fantom build now that I received the mini servo.  :D

Anyone know where these little decals go on the ESC?  I have one for the gold LeMans too..  :huh:

IMG_2023-1-21-111150.jpg.b9d53a6eb91c1e6a815b877905d61696.jpg

IMG_2023-1-21-111158.jpg.9c43cc05e3917165474907a460ddb1a2.jpg

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

For me, moving on my Fantom build now that I received the mini servo.  :D

Anyone know where these little decals go on the ESC?  I have one for the gold LeMans too..  :huh:

IMG_2023-1-21-111150.jpg.b9d53a6eb91c1e6a815b877905d61696.jpg

IMG_2023-1-21-111158.jpg.9c43cc05e3917165474907a460ddb1a2.jpg

Hmm, good question. The ESC mounts to the underside of the top deck. I think the only place where you would see a sticker is the side facing the chain. 

1855254C-9081-4A4B-8D4F-855FAAB2CCA0.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, the one rc thing I've done today is to realise a ****-up. I have only just learned that the RSR shell is 251mm wheelbase, so it won't go on my XV-01 or my TT-02SR. And now I have shell, some plastic parts and wheels. Quite expensive all added up. 

So I reckon I have 2 options. I could sell all those bits. Or I could keep them pending a basic TT-02 chassis sometime in the distant future. It is a gorgeous car (IMO). I went for it for a reason. 

I could get a used TT-02, but they are rarely any cheaper than the £110 ish a new RSR kit costs from TTM or Fusion. Needs bearings but there's a lot of value in wheels and shell, so it goes both ways. Either way, resulting car could be both budget rally build (maybe with a beater shell, but the cost of rallying a basic TT-02 can be very small I think) and a Porsche rally (or road) project. Hmmm. One for the future. 

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, BuggyDad said:

Well, the one rc thing I've done today is to realise a ****-up. I have only just learned that the RSR shell is 251mm wheelbase, so it won't go on my XV-01 or my TT-02SR. And now I have shell, some plastic parts and wheels. Quite expensive all added up. 

So I reckon I have 2 options. I could sell all those bits. Or I could keep them pending a basic TT-02 chassis sometime in the distant future. It is a gorgeous car (IMO). I went for it for a reason. 

I could get a used TT-02, but they are rarely any cheaper than the £110 ish a new RSR kit costs from TTM or Fusion. Needs bearings but there's a lot of value in wheels and shell, so it goes both ways. Either way, resulting car could be both budget rally build (maybe with a beater shell, but the cost of rallying a basic TT-02 can be very small I think) and a Porsche rally (or road) project. Hmmm. One for the future. 

I don't have a tt02sr so I'm not sure on the rear suspension, does it have the TRF spec suspension?

I've just had a look at the manual online and you can make it 251mm

Edited by svenb

@BuggyDad Ouch.. hope you find an economical solution!  

Thanks, @Room335.  Mine looks a little different from your picture, but mounted the LeMans ESC using screws on the lower deck per instructions,  I think that decal is supposed to cover the top of the ESC.. (?)

IMG_2023-1-21-133036.jpg.dc0fc87815c971fdc7811a90ef28e5f5.jpgo

• Like 3

Completed tt02 rally. Used the spray paint i had but didn’t have enough which ended up squirting some paint… covered up with silver paint. I think it is good enough for me because I will run it and scratch it up anyway.

6EA53F1A-BDD1-4864-B1CD-7F3132100A40.jpeg

09F9D1EF-90A7-4670-8CCD-19BAE539CE9D.jpeg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

@BuggyDad Ouch.. hope you find an economical solution!  

Thanks, @Room335.  Mine looks a little different from your picture, but mounted the LeMans ESC using screws on the lower deck per instructions,  I think that decal is supposed to cover the top of the ESC.. (?)

IMG_2023-1-21-133036.jpg.dc0fc87815c971fdc7811a90ef28e5f5.jpgo

Interesting…my Fantom manual shows the ESC mounting to the top plate. I assume you are referring to the 240s manual? I don’t think I even checked that 🤔

C79EC464-3516-4F61-9385-9B298D6E0068.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Room335 said:

Interesting…my Fantom manual shows the ESC mounting to the top plate. I assume you are referring to the 240s manual? I don’t think I even checked that 🤔

C79EC464-3516-4F61-9385-9B298D6E0068.jpeg

Mine is the rere Fantom EXT so that might be why they are different.. ?  I don’t know these cars very well.. 

I finished the chassis and took it for a test drive.  The car drives fine, but the LeMans 240ESC/480 Gold combo is not as smooth as expected in the modulation.  I can achieve better results with the XR10JustStock/240S combo.   If I ever make another Fantom, I think I would go that route.  Anyway, I’m happy with the car.  :D   

Now going to mount the body and take a few pictures.  Will post later in the gallery only thread.  Thanks for checking it out if interested.  B)

IMG_2023-1-21-152249.jpg.55b0ed4d3d1e03c5c644932bc2cf5731.jpg  

• Like 8

2 hours ago, svenb said:

I don't have a tt02sr so I'm not sure on the rear suspension, does it have the TRF spec suspension?

I've just had a look at the manual online and you can make it 251mm

My understanding is that on the TT-02 (inc D and R) you can flip the arms to swap between 257mm and 251mm wheelbase, but not on S/SR. So I cracked open the SR kit to study the manual - in that it looks like the arms (51104 TB EVO 4 arms) are wheel position symmetrical front to back. Flipping them is used to enable different shock mounting positions but doesn't change wheelbase. Or is there another way? Were you also looking at the SR-specific manual? 

I guess my most likely outcome is I hold onto these parts and sometime in the future buy a TT-02 kit for them. It could be another RSR, to enable 2 porsche shells, a runner and a Sunday Best. Or maybe I spot another shell I really fancy (AMG? 🤔) as a touring car or rally or shelfer shell... 

5 minutes ago, BuggyDad said:

My understanding is that on the TT-02 (inc D and R) you can flip the arms to swap between 257mm and 251mm wheelbase, but not on S/SR. So I cracked open the SR kit to study the manual - in that it looks like the arms (51104 TB EVO 4 arms) are wheel position symmetrical front to back. Flipping them is used to enable different shock mounting positions but doesn't change wheelbase. Or is there another way? Were you also looking at the SR-specific manual? 

I guess my most likely outcome is I hold onto these parts and sometime in the future buy a TT-02 kit for them. It could be another RSR, to enable 2 porsche shells, a runner and a Sunday Best. Or maybe I spot another shell I really fancy (AMG? 🤔) as a touring car or rally or shelfer shell... 

There's a pivot/spacer on the front section of the rear suspension that fits into the chassis, if you trim it down it reduces the wheelbase to 251mm, you will need put spacers between the arm and the rear mount to make up the difference.

I did it on my type S to fit a 251mm Capri body.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, svenb said:

There's a pivot/spacer on the front section of the rear suspension that fits into the chassis, if you trim it down it reduces the wheelbase to 251mm, you will need put spacers between the arm and the rear mount to make up the difference.

I did it on my type S to fit a 251mm Capri body.

Oh I see! 

20230121_222819

You cut MB20 down by 6mm. I guess then whatever 6mm spacer I find can be popped in either front or back depending on what wheelbase I want. 

Buddy, you have made my day!

Now I'm wondering why its flanged like that. I assume the ball end must exist to accommodate the range of positions at the other end and must meet a similar shape in the chassis hole, so the flange surely can't be what braces against the chassis. Anyway, that doesn't matter. 

Looking online it's part 19804838. Not many about but can be found. I like to know I can replace before I go hacking things up... 

6 minutes ago, BuggyDad said:

Oh I see! 

20230121_222819

You cut MB20 down by 6mm. I guess then whatever 6mm spacer I find can be popped in either front or back depending on what wheelbase I want. 

Buddy, you have made my day!

Now I'm wondering why its flanged like that. I assume the ball end must exist to accommodate the range of positions at the other end and must meet a similar shape in the chassis hole, so the flange surely can't be what braces against the chassis. Anyway, that doesn't matter. 

Looking online it's part 19804838. Not many about but can be found. I like to know I can replace before I go hacking things up... 

That's it👍🏻

The droop hop up won't work without some work if you do it though.

I can take a pic if you want?

28 minutes ago, svenb said:

That's it👍🏻

The droop hop up won't work without some work if you do it though.

I can take a pic if you want?

Not a necessity - I think I've got it - but I'd be interested to see it nonetheless. 

What's the droop hop up? 

I'm tempted to think that there might be a cleaner part available than a cut off MB20 (because I might not get my cut perfect, and if I don't it'll wear the arm). There's an aluminium hop up suspension pin ball joint 50994. I guess something like that alongside some spacers might be worth a try. Worst case scenario it gets me spares for my XV-01 plastic ones. 

Time to give the TA-02(Ra) a bath after it had picked up about half its own weight worth of sand while playing on holiday. 😁

wTJGQXT.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, BuggyDad said:

Try Kleinkram. They do bag kits quite cheap