Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, Frankster said:

wiring etc.

Its an all in one unit, lst-s2. the only thing i did was to cut the tiny connector off the power input cable and replace it with a servo cable+plug from a broken servo, plugs right into the receiver for power.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ziddan said:

Its an all in one unit, lst-s2. the only thing i did was to cut the tiny connector off the power input cable and replace it with a servo cable+plug from a broken servo, plugs right into the receiver for power.

Any info on the brand?   Any photos the the receiver screen?

10 minutes ago, Frankster said:

brand

Dont think there is one, very generic and sold under different names but lst-s2 is the model and lets one find it and info about it.

I did include a picture of the screen but it doesnt do it justice, here is a vid i found that was recorded using a dvr: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fnuTiZO1zI

If you mean the actual monitor, no idea what brand it is, 7" with a build in receiver i bought years back for fpv droning and planes.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Nice 👍🏻  
They do look a no nonsense easy to own buggy. But I believe they like a Fox or two for breakfast to keep them happy. 

Indeed they do... If Tamiya had used modern reinforced plastics of the Fox, I'd be having that instead. I've had too many plastic parts crack on re-re's to put me off them....

• Like 2

Ordered a HW 1080 Crawler ESC for my CC02 build, was gonna just use a 1060, but decided on the crawler specific ESC instead

• Like 4

Took the Dancing Rider out for a first drive and i can conclude that the 4-8mm gravel we use around here to add grip in cold weather isnt a great combo.

It drives well on the spots where there wasnt gravel to so im looking forward to finding a better place to run it or until after the spring street sweeping has been done.

The FPV system is works great too.

ADDITION: Tried putting the FPV onto the body in one of my Scorcher shells, perfect fit :)

• Like 3

16 hours ago, OnTheTrail said:

I've been looking at the Carismas and also some of the hard body Range Rovers out there for future projects.   Be sure to post some photos!  

I am torn between this RR body or the pickup one and being British, decided on the RR. Neil (TTM owner) said this is a better kit than a CR kit, I have no idea so just gave it a shot.

This is my first crawler so I am not sure if I will like it or not. If I don't get on well with crawling, I might unlock the diff and turn this into a fast trail truck or a monster truck instead.

Will update on a build post.

• Like 1

ctCH4cr.jpg

Fixed the ice maker.  The plastic rods holding the ice dispenser switch had broken off.  Used my body reamer to start holes.  Used my hand drill to drill out M3 holes.  Used M3 stainless hardware out of the RC tool box to secure the switch.  Decided to do the water dispenser switch while I had it apart before it broke too.  Works like a charm.  Enjoying a coke with crushed ice now…

• Like 9

1 hour ago, alvinlwh said:

I am torn between this RR body or the pickup one and being British, decided on the RR. Neil (TTM owner) said this is a better kit than a CR kit, I have no idea so just gave it a shot.

This is my first crawler so I am not sure if I will like it or not. If I don't get on well with crawling, I might unlock the diff and turn this into a fast trail truck or a monster truck instead.

Will update on a build post.

The Carisma RR in stock form will be a good rock crawler but not a great rock crawler.   You can make it a really good rock crawler though with some upgrades ( --> Think Tamiya Hop Up parts ;) )  Don't forget, this will be a good trail truck too.  Equally as fun as the rock crawling, specially if you go out with a bunch of friends.  

Fwiw, here's  good YT video on the RR SCA 1E long term.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO7HKc7YGpg

10 hours ago, mtbkym01 said:

Ordered a HW 1080 Crawler ESC for my CC02 build, was gonna just use a 1060, but decided on the crawler specific ESC instead

FWIW.....not sure if you were aware, but if you completely remove the one jumper on the HW 1060, it adds in drag break and becomes a pretty decent crawler ESC.   Not as good as the 1080 with all its programming but a really good value with really good performance to go along with it.  

• Thanks 2

For me, swapped the 1060/LeMans490 combo to Lemans240S ESC/LeMans 240S 15.5T BL combo on my white MID.. (MID #1)

IMG_2023-1-28-145404.jpg.bdb2cb1dd9fff1f5a7078ccefb1ca704.jpg

And since I got my second Mini-Z EVO AWD the other day, mounted fresh STI bodies.  :D   I also got a front one-way today. 

IMG_2023-1-28-145422.jpg.c0f1febfc7abcf5b7dce20a23efec41d.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, OnTheTrail said:

FWIW.....not sure if you were aware, but if you completely remove the one jumper on the HW 1060, it adds in drag break and becomes a pretty decent crawler ESC.   Not as good as the 1080 with all its programming but a really good value with really good performance to go along with it.  

What about the 1040? I got a few in crawler specs.

Took my impreza out for the first time. Holy moly. It is crazy powerful.. with 3400kv hobbywing system. So much fun. I need more rally cars already!

5A4B59ED-3CD6-4E76-9D3B-0EB3FDFE4927.png

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Evetsyelspih said:

Today I put a winch on my CC01 Landcruiser. It fit up nice.

B28DBD46-01E9-47ED-994A-7C47B63F2704.jpeg

Looking very nice. Maybe i should get that body for my cc01

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sogogi said:

Looking very nice. Maybe i should get that body for my cc01

I love it, just intimidated to paint it. That white roof seems like it will be hard to mask without any bleeds.

• Like 1

We got out to the woods with the crawlers. Drier ground. Great fun. 

20230128_154746

And painted his (already used as the overspray film shows) shell. 

20230128_204440

With the film off (not pictured) I think PS-16 Metallic Blue is lovely. 

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Evetsyelspih said:

Here’s a side shot

image.jpg

I am in awe of your organised workbench. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

What about the 1040? I got a few in crawler specs.

I've never had a 1040 but from what I was able to find on the net, it looks like there is a 1040 brushed esc, and a 1040 brushed "crawler" esc.   So depending which one you have, it may have the drag brake built in but I don't you have the ability to change from one style to the other like you can on the 1060 and 1080.  

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1991691/Hobbywing-Wp-1040-Brushed.html#manual