Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, toyolien said:

Today i finished this... finally. 

GM8rJ4w.jpg

Nice job👍🏻

Needs a bigger rear spoiler!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, toyolien said:

Today i finished this... finally. 

GM8rJ4w.jpg

I saw a video of applying decals to that yaris body.. and i was like nope. Lol

• Haha 2

The Gulf scheme for the RSR looks cool I thought.

How hard could such a simple scheme be I thought.

4 hours and about £10 worth of masking tape later… 

3F3DA1C3-6690-4536-97C0-BA7E943BBC0B.jpeg

E3A2A469-06E1-4749-820F-BF5DB539FC46.jpeg

• Like 8

Replaced the plastic servo horn and arm and made new tie rods for the Fazer.  Finally got around to installing a few more pieces onto the TT-02.

MK2.jpg

tt02.jpg

tt02.1.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, A2591 said:

Replaced the plastic servo horn and arm and made new tie rods for the Fazer.  Finally got around to installing a few more pieces onto the TT-02.

MK2.jpg

tt02.jpg

tt02.1.jpg

How would you compare quality of the Fazer to the TT02 ?

24 minutes ago, toyolien said:

How would you compare quality of the Fazer to the TT02 ?

Out of the box if you're comparing them completely stock, the Fazer is very nice.  I feel like the materials and plastics on the Fazer may be a bit more forgiving compared to the TT-02.  That being said I've really been enjoying the TT-02.  I fell down the Hop Up rabbit hole a bit but I really like how flexible the TT-02 can be if you want to take it further.  Both chassis had plenty of play and slop that I ended up trying to address though.  

My experience overall however has been limited since both of these are the first RC's I've picked up after being out of the game for almost 20 years, so I only have some really old Tamiyas and Kyoshos to reference from as well.  Others who have more experience with both platforms can probably give you a much better idea.  

49 minutes ago, A2591 said:

Out of the box if you're comparing them completely stock, the Fazer is very nice.  I feel like the materials and plastics on the Fazer may be a bit more forgiving compared to the TT-02.  That being said I've really been enjoying the TT-02.  I fell down the Hop Up rabbit hole a bit but I really like how flexible the TT-02 can be if you want to take it further.  Both chassis had plenty of play and slop that I ended up trying to address though.  

My experience overall however has been limited since both of these are the first RC's I've picked up after being out of the game for almost 20 years, so I only have some really old Tamiyas and Kyoshos to reference from as well.  Others who have more experience with both platforms can probably give you a much better idea.  

Thanks for the great answer. I really like the look of the Fazer. I've had TT-02's, and I keep looking at the Fazer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nick-W said:

The Gulf scheme for the RSR looks cool I thought.

How hard could such a simple scheme be I thought.

4 hours and about £10 worth of masking tape later… 

3F3DA1C3-6690-4536-97C0-BA7E943BBC0B.jpeg

E3A2A469-06E1-4749-820F-BF5DB539FC46.jpeg

Watch the rear spoiler area.   I had some paint bleeding here 🤦‍♂️

Gulf livery 👍

C4B664D1-862D-45A0-843E-F433CC596319.jpeg.49addcf95b7b1facbb9f7d140fb2631d.jpeg

69733AC5-4033-4089-B0F0-6D251C4E7130.jpeg.327d05fca7465fb7d79a38a208044efd.jpeg

5962179E-45AD-43FB-BAFC-891DCE6220E4.jpeg.572281ddf00cdd5fe010943d2ddb18d0.jpeg

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Frankster said:

Watch the rear spoiler area.   I had some paint bleeding here 🤦‍♂️

Gulf livery 👍

I’ve been watching yours with interest. It looks great!

I tried to push the mask down with a sort of cardboard wedge into the spoiler but we’ll see tomorrow.

I was planning on doing my Ford Gt body in a matching scheme but I’m getting cold feet after masking the Porsche 

BBD82EA1-0812-47B2-977C-4E8B669E6773.jpeg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nick-W said:

I’ve been watching yours with interest. It looks great!

I tried to push the mask down with a sort of cardboard wedge into the spoiler but we’ll see tomorrow.

I was planning on doing my Ford Gt body in a matching scheme but I’m getting cold feet after masking the Porsche 

BBD82EA1-0812-47B2-977C-4E8B669E6773.jpeg

Ohhh Ford GT would be a cool modern build.  It should be easier as you do not have the bumper in orange 🤔

Good luck with your painting tomorrow 🤞

• Thanks 1

My RC plans for today have been kinda ruined after what happened last night. We went to a friends' party, and while driving home at 2 AM I had a flat tire. I tried to replace it myself (like most ppl, done it more than once before) at -20 °C with the car's provided tool, it was no fun and I just stripped it open like a tin can:wacko: Apparently at Jeep they don't take salt and harsh climate into account when choosing which metal to use for their cars' tools, despite the "North Edition" badge on the sides of my car. So we called roadside assistance, which eventually graced us with their presence 2 and a half hours later. They also had to use special tools as a couple nuts were stuck! Salt and frost will do that...

Got back home at 6 AM, frozen to the core of our soul!! 😓 and yet we were "lucky" in the unlucky event: had it happened just the night before, we would have had to deal with -39 °C !

Spent most of today recovering from the cold spell and trying to remind myself why I've decided to relocate to a country where you can turn into a popsicle for a flat tire... not in the best spirits right now ahah 😅 I did work a bit on my Optima's driver, but I felt much like a zombie hovering over a table in some B movie.

Oh well, at least I didn't do any mistakes! The potential is high when you are in such state.

20230205-185937.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

This evening I got started on my TT-02SR

20230205_225452

I did have to shim a fair bit of slop out of the arms but I kind of don't mind that.

2 other little projects are on hold pending paint decisions. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Ferruz said:

My RC plans for today have been kinda ruined after what happened last night. We went to a friends' party, and while driving home at 2 AM I had a flat tire. I tried to replace it myself (like most ppl, done it more than once before) at -20 °C with the car's provided tool, it was no fun and I just stripped it open like a tin can:wacko: Apparently at Jeep they don't take salt and harsh climate into account when choosing which metal to use for their cars' tools, despite the "North Edition" badge on the sides of my car. So we called roadside assistance, which eventually graced us with their presence 2 and a half hours later. They also had to use special tools as a couple nuts were stuck! Salt and frost will do that...

Got back home at 6 AM, frozen to the core of our soul!! 😓 and yet we were "lucky" in the unlucky event: had it happened just the night before, we would have had to deal with -39 °C !

Spent most of today recovering from the cold spell and trying to remind myself why I've decided to relocate to a country where you can turn into a popsicle for a flat tire... not in the best spirits right now ahah 😅 I did work a bit on my Optima's driver, but I felt much like a zombie hovering over a table in some B movie.

Oh well, at least I didn't do any mistakes! The potential is high when you are in such state.

20230205-185937.jpg

Bad luck. Sounds unpleasant. Glad you got home safe. 

Where do you live ?

6 minutes ago, BuggyDad said:

Bad luck. Sounds unpleasant. Glad you got home safe. 

Where do you live ?

Thank you, mate.

I live in Canada. Relocated here for work. I am Italian though and sometimes, like in these situations, I do miss my home Country immensely!😅

• Like 1

Last time we needed to do a roadside tyre change, I had on hand a impact wrench with wheel nut socket. :D wheel Off & On again in under 5mins. 

Lithium battery tools are amazing these days. Lifesaver too as there was barely any emergency lane on that part of highway and trucks were whizzing past barely a foot away. 

Plus when it’s at home I periodically check the nuts ain’t seized to the studs, copper grease the treads then torque to spec with proper torque wrench. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ferruz said:

Thank you, mate.

I live in Canada. Relocated here for work. I am Italian though and sometimes, like in these situations, I do miss my home Country immensely!😅

I am not sure if you have heard, but Canada has 2 seasons. Winter and road repair seasons

• Haha 5

I put in a pre-order for the Ultima SB Dirt Master at my LHS today :D no idea when it will arrive :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Having bought enough kits to last a lifetime(!) I've agreed to buy a couple more Tamiya motors for my increasing collection and placed a WTB ad for another.

This hobby gets under your skin, as all the good ones do...

• Like 4

Quite a few of my cars I’ve realised have become shelfers even if it wasn’t planned that way. Seem to build them and then get worried about running them. To try and rebalance I took these three. E1FF1BDE-C13C-4809-8F54-314325B9D617.jpg out to the local park which has a tarmac car park, a skatepark and a double tennis . The Porker and the Lancia have never been driven. They are both powered by 13.5 bluebottle motors and 2 s lipo. Usual bearings etc added where needed. The M07 has been run a few times, it has TT motor and 2 s lipo. It’s fitted with Shimizu tyres. Well it was a tale of 2 half’s. A good one, the Porsche which ran like a dream, tracked straight and gripped well. And a not so good one!!! The M07 was great fun until the pinion came loose and I didn’t have any tools with me so back in the boot!!! The 037 started off beautifully but after about a minute it started to behave weirdly, wondering all over the place. At first I thought it was a radio issue until it literally ground to a halt. This was the reason 07820BB4-293B-4835-B811-10F7C84A2F75.jpg . I’m not running the shovel on the front so the u shape pin was not held in place by anything so it just let go. No spares with so back home. All in all 25 minutes of fun and no damage done. Ordered a new u shape pin from TTP but in the mean time have used two usual Tamiya screw shafts. Will look at a way of trapping the pin without using the bumper when I get it!!!

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Trimmed out and partially sanded an Audi A4 STW shell, which still needs some work on the arches but good progress nonetheless

spacer.png

And chopped up an FF03-Pro sticker to create a gear-cover sticker for my FF03-R

spacer.png

• Like 13

21 hours ago, Frankster said:

Good luck with your painting tomorrow 🤞

******! 

1367D6B7-941E-48E5-B06F-8884F082B09A.jpeg

• Sad 6