Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thanks @bavee and @Willy iine for the really useful information and tips. I’m going straight on to a Ford GT body after the Porsche so all this help is very gratefully received. 😀

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Nick-W said:

Thanks @bavee and @Willy iine for the really useful information and tips. I’m going straight on to a Ford GT body after the Porsche so all this help is very gratefully received. 😀

The information I quoted was provided by @OoALEJOoO. So thanks to him!

Good luck painting the Ford GT!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, wolfdogstinkus said:

Kyosho car crusher series?

Interesting… I googled and could not confirm if this is kyosho car crushing series 

Got my TT-02SR running, but not fully. Need to sort wheel offset, tyres and glue. And toe and camber. Can't wait to give it a run. It should be quite speedy. 5.5t motor, FDR currently 8. Likely to be 2 weeks though now. 

20230207_143154

20230207_143213

It has a lot less play in the steering now than my M-08 (albeit that does need work) so I'm pretty happy with that for now. 

Used runner shell has more rearward rear holes but the posts can be flipped to suit. 

20230207_141441

Dog does not trust it. 

Used wheels have perished tyres. I need to figure out the best way to remove old tyres. 

• Like 11

Finished sorting screws over the weekend, and decided to start my TC-01 kit.  Since wifey was out of town, I figured I'd draw inspiration from some of those here that start with the body, since indoor painting would be met with no resistance.

So ya... the TC-01 shell is nothing if not a challenge!

9N1WaiD.jpg

I was probably 3 hrs into the body and paint wasn't even in the picture yet... if you want to go with price paid vs time spend, the TC-01 represents AMAZING VALUE!!!  :lol:

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

I put some white backing on the RSR and took the Black Foot out for a first run today. The Torque Tune is probably a bit much on the frozen ground but she sure looked pretty good. 

1496ADCB-62D0-425F-93D4-5212578A5370.jpeg

2B8E82FE-ECCF-4F71-92F5-96D99E17148B.jpeg

• Like 2

Oh… and sorted the instructions booklets out. Sorted by chassis with hop ups included in the sleeve. 5A2DC971-C250-4E89-82AD-8F5481DF16C2.thumb.jpeg.65cba8204f441bc9797ec0ab65718c2e.jpeg

Surprisingly satisfying.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nick-W said:

Oh… and sorted the instructions booklets out. Sorted by chassis with hop ups included in the sleeve. 5A2DC971-C250-4E89-82AD-8F5481DF16C2.thumb.jpeg.65cba8204f441bc9797ec0ab65718c2e.jpeg

Surprisingly satisfying.

I do a similar thing. I keep the small instruction leaflets and the header cards and glue them into a folder for future reference:

KhZ3kdD.jpg

PDQDGuH.jpg

Au6ZZSv.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I haven’t done anything RC today besides clean up the floors in my pretend RC shop before heading to the office for my money making gig..   

I need to get more shelves to get these cars off the floor.. or at least get mats or something.. ?

IMG_2023-2-7-150504.jpg.c76bd175144f395bc729a754c0332f7d.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, toyolien said:

I do a similar thing. I keep the small instruction leaflets and the header cards and glue them into a folder for future reference:

Nice. You’ve printed off the option part sheets too. That’s a great idea. 

Raced it (TT-02 stock class).

Second time out racing ever. I won the B final and got promoted to the A final. In the A final, I came 4th out of 6 and 3rd fastest lap of the night and for some reason I'm still annoyed with myself. I need to learn that it's supposed to be fun and not ruin it by being too competitive.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, wolfdogstinkus said:

Google kyosho double dare+Tamiyaclub , I think it maybe one of a similar series?.

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=111774

image.png

to clarify I did not pick up the used chassis.  Wanted to make sure the model and parts availability before purchasing.   

I am always browsing new and used when I should be finishing my current projects… 🤗. Well I am waiting for parts to arrive and my mind wonders onto the next project 🤦‍♂️

18 hours ago, Frankster said:

Found this used chassis… anyone recognize the model?

That is not a Double Dare or a member of Kyosho's original Car Crusher series. The motors are mid mounted for one thing. It looks like a weird cross between a Double Dare and a Tamiya Wild Dagger design-wise however, but it is neither.

10 hours ago, bRIBEGuy said:

Finished sorting screws over the weekend, and decided to start my TC-01 kit.  Since wifey was out of town, I figured I'd draw inspiration from some of those here that start with the body, since indoor painting would be met with no resistance.

So ya... the TC-01 shell is nothing if not a challenge!

9N1WaiD.jpg

I was probably 3 hrs into the body and paint wasn't even in the picture yet... if you want to go with price paid vs time spend, the TC-01 represents AMAZING VALUE!!!  :lol:

I decided to speed up that process a bit by putting a TS050 body on mine :lol:. Wish I could paint indoors, I’ve got a handful of bodies waiting for warmer weather including the stock tc body. Are you going box art or trying something different?

• Like 1

On 2/7/2023 at 3:51 AM, Busdriver said:

Quite a few of my cars I’ve realised have become shelfers even if it wasn’t planned that way. Seem to build them and then get worried about running them. To try and rebalance I took these three.  out to the local park which has a tarmac car park, a skatepark and a double tennis . The Porker and the Lancia have never been driven. They are both powered by 13.5 bluebottle motors and 2 s lipo. Usual bearings etc added where needed. The M07 has been run a few times, it has TT motor and 2 s lipo. It’s fitted with Shimizu tyres. Well it was a tale of 2 half’s. A good one, the Porsche which ran like a dream, tracked straight and gripped well. And a not so good one!!! The M07 was great fun until the pinion came loose and I didn’t have any tools with me so back in the boot!!! The 037 started off beautifully but after about a minute it started to behave weirdly, wondering all over the place. At first I thought it was a radio issue until it literally ground to a halt. This was the reason 07820BB4-293B-4835-B811-10F7C84A2F75.jpg . I’m not running the shovel on the front so the u shape pin was not held in place by anything so it just let go. No spares with so back home. All in all 25 minutes of fun and no damage done. Ordered a new u shape pin from TTP but in the mean time have used two usual Tamiya screw shafts. Will look at a way of trapping the pin without using the bumper when I get it!!!

Rather than losing that U shaped pin again, why don't you install the front bumper and trim it all the way down with a dremel (or other such tool)? That way it retains the pin, and probably holds the front together as well, increasing strength in the front end and reducing in flex in the plastic. 

My RC'ing of late has mostly been Sunday boating and some mini crawling, so nothing much to report.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lsear2905 said:

Rather than losing that U shaped pin again, why don't you install the front bumper and trim it all the way down with a dremel (or other such tool)? That way it retains the pin, and probably holds the front together as well, increasing strength in the front end and reducing in flex in the plastic. 

My RC'ing of late has mostly been Sunday boating and some mini crawling, so nothing much to report.

Good idea. Or even use the whole bumper when running to act as “ ye you guessed it” a bumper!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Busdriver said:

Or even use the whole bumper when running to act as “ ye you guessed it” a bumper!!!!

You never know, it might catch on! 

• Haha 3

I ordered some 80 mm tires for my Jurassic Park trial truck/crawler.

The original 75 mm tires from the Taiyo weren't that grippy at all, and the 82 mm sand paddles rubbed the arches. I didn't want to trim the arches and destroy the lines of the car, and I didn't want to raise the body up, so hopefully these will be a nice compromise,.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09L8F57KC?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Looking at it now, I'm not sure if I've ordered the tires or tires and wheels, but seems to be both. Googling them they are 12 mm hex at least, so if it's both, job should be a good one, if it's just the tire I'll have to see if they match any wheels I've got!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ImALlama said:

Are you going box art or trying something different?

The original plan was to get a second body and do box art on one, and something different on the second.  Now that I've started the "Box Art" variant, I'm not sure I want to go thru this trimming and masking experience all over again... :lol:

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, bRIBEGuy said:

The original plan was to get a second body and do box art on one, and something different on the second. 

I had that same plan :lol:, but then it somehow changed into a tc01 with a Toyota body and I’m doing a second one box art with every hop up available. Which still leaves me with a spare body, so I guess the nightmare of painting two of these bodies is unavoidable, and I’m right where I started with the original plan :blink:

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, bRIBEGuy said:

The original plan was to get a second body and do box art on one, and something different on the second.  Now that I've started the "Box Art" variant, I'm not sure I want to go thru this trimming and masking experience all over again... :lol:

GL with your build!  I too am not a fan of painting and decaling polycarbonate bodies (decal window trims and wipers look so fake).  Atleast mine is A LOT simpler.. :D

Going to mask and paint in a bit.  I need to build courage first.  As much as possible in the future, I am going to buy prepainted, finished bodies.  I found that MST's RTR bodies are actually quite nice..so is Kyosho.  Next purchase on cue is their 240Z (Fazer 2 chassis by Kogawa-san).

IMG_2023-2-9-075018.jpg.b8cdb2d21ee928401824c2c887f8afcb.jpg

• Like 3