Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For me I was at the office doing my money making gig so didn't have much time to do anything RC today.  I just cracked open my next build. B)

IMG_2023-2-21-181039.jpg

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

For me I was at the office doing my money making gig so didn't have much time to do anything RC today.  I just cracked open my next build. B)

IMG_2023-2-21-181039.jpg

Oh wow! 

Your projects just never end. It's unlimited. :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nicadraus said:

Oh wow! 

Your projects just never end. It's unlimited. :lol:

I quickly realized I had not purchased the LeMans 19.5 BL so placed order tonight,  I hope to have it by the weekend.  I can build majority of the car even without the motor so no issue.  B)

Electronics will be XR10 JustStock, LeMans 240S, 1251MG, SR215.  Should be one sweet car. .. I hope.. :ph34r:

• Like 3

On 2/20/2023 at 8:46 AM, Saito2 said:

Sorry if my thread led to any problems.

I think it’s another great thread that you’ve started. Nothing to apologise for or to steer clear of in my opinion. Thanks! 

• Thanks 1

Boating on Sunday morning, fixed the UDR (bearing in rear axle needed replacing) Sunday afternoon and my TRX4M arrived today. Now the work begins to put an interior in it.

• Like 1

Contemplating selling my TA05 V2. Bought it from eBay. Brand new built chassis and never run. The body is uncut (well its trimmed a bit, but not to the cut lines) and needs painting and stickers.

With the other unplanned Ebay purchase of the TB Evo 6 MS, i'm not sure I have time or funds to do anything with it! Anyway, still not doing anything RC at the moment because of the Covid!

9 hours ago, Willy iine said:

IMG_2023-2-21-181039.jpg

Be careful when you cut the body and reem the side holes for the body mounts they are really close to the edge and easily split (yes mine did) but its quite a well sorted buggy when its built and suprisingly goes very well considering it's a bit on the heavy side and its super smooth:)!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tried to organize a bit… built like 10 kits in last 4months… haha

buggy is the best to save space…

288D97D5-EBA2-4352-95FE-F8CD899A5A0C.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Sogogi said:

288D97D5-EBA2-4352-95FE-F8CD899A5A0C.jpeg

This is a family forum, please take this filth off, it's worse than the pigeons in the park right now
 :P

• Haha 8

21 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

This was tedious. Worth it in the end (and it looks a lot neater than it does in this picture - matt paint looks odd when wet!)

Now to remind myself how to trim a polycarb bodyshell...

PXL_20230220_212609170.jpg

Looking superb! Are these the tamiya Porsche wheels? 

I got about half way done today.  I need to cut the body and test fit as I route the wires.. will work on it some more Friday.   I have to go to the office again for my money making gig tomorrow.. :wacko:

I think it looks great so far.  I have the CF top deck for it too, but decided to go with the plastic deck as I can then mount the XR10’s fan on the top side with the ESC suspended below the deck (deck sandwiched between the fan and ESC).  I’ve never had a chassis that mounts like this so.  :D  Pretty cool. 

IMG_2023-2-22-180301.jpg

• Like 6

On 2/20/2023 at 4:43 PM, BuggyDad said:

There are many others like it but this one is mine!

I do have a cockpit to add to it but this is the kit completed so the cockpit is a project for the more distant future I think. Ditto widening the rear track, which I'm not sure is necessary visually although a couple of mm would be an improvement. 

Your Delta turned out great! And it looks even better with some dirt on it.

I did exactly the same with the cockpit. After doing the body I felt like I had enough for a while, and needed a break from detail work. I ended up doing the interior quite a few months later. It's worth the wait to get your patience and energy back, as that too is quite a long but rewarding journey.

20220612-193545.jpg

• Like 13

Probably not interesting (very little rc time for me of late) but gave the Mammoth a clean, as it had pretty grubby underpinnings. Also used some 1:1 tyre stuff to dress the tyres on the truck, I mean, why not? 😄

k08gHVJ.jpeg

Xm9YyFz.jpeg

SJXEhm9.jpeg

• Like 8

Painted my re-pop Focus WRC 01 shell and got the stickers on after procrastinating about it.

Rough and ready but it will do me. Refurb of the TB01 chassis next and refurb the correct wheels I have for it

20230221_231644.jpg

• Like 8

On the way to work I stopped at a local park for a test drive of my RWD Porsche. I promise to make a proper report and write up of the latest details of that car hopefully in the coming weeks.

Basically it is my trusty TT-02 RWD conversion with my camber/caster adjustable system, now with a "scale" 60/40 weight bias (which is why the ESC is sitting at the back), my new O-Ring battery holder and a cool side-to-side body adjuster that uses a long turnbuckle. I am also now using a Super Stock motor which I'm totally stoked about 😃

The car has required a bit of tinkering to be drivable at all with the 60/40 CG and the very high motor brake whenever you lift the throttle. I think I can improve it further but the driving experience is super fun as it is. You steer as much with the throttle as with the servo. That is probably true if all cars to some extent but this one is an extreme example.

Next up is tidying the wiring and installing a one way front unit in reverse, reversing the rear diff and retiming the motor to run  clockwise. That will give me RWD on-power but AWD braking. Again seeking the most scale driving experience.

PXL_20230223_153921244.jpg

• Like 4

Awesome @Pylon80    Do you have brake lights assigned to the rear tails?   I found adding brake lights at (for me) 9% throttle and less (including brake) adds quite a bit of realism for scale driving.  

I have a short reel of my 240Z on IG if you want to check it out.   #pretendrcshop

14 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Awesome @Pylon80    Do you have brake lights assigned to the rear tails?   I found adding brake lights at (for me) 9% throttle and less (including brake) adds quite a bit of realism for scale driving.  

I have a short reel of my 240Z on IG if you want to check it out.   #pretendrcshop

That is a really good idea. I do have a box art-ish body in the making and I think tail lights would be cool. I will mask the tail lights to keep my options open then!

And I will check out your 240Z 🙂

• Like 1

My friend brought by a brushed combo, the motor is a Reedy Conquest. The rotor burned through on 3s. I installed a Tamiya 27T Johnson rotor and replaced the brushes.

Also did a run in.

As new. Clean, oiled up and run in.

U3BHbE4l.jpgoBDh7Fll.jpg

XO5K6ayl.jpgK6isqI0l.jpgcO3O9hYl.jpg

https://imgur.com/dTQlOxe

• Like 2

On 2/23/2023 at 5:51 AM, Nikko85 said:

This is a family forum, please take this filth off, it's worse than the pigeons in the park right now
 :P

I was wondering if I've been a fool for buying new kits!

• Haha 1

Out of curiousity I got up early and mounted what could be the next Racing by post-setup. It's no groundbreaking stuff. I just got a package of shock -parts the other day, so tried out the shortest eyelets. If it's too low i will just go up one size. This is going the opposite direction compared to other XV-01 -owners, but for postal racing on tarmac I do'nt need that tall rideheight. With more grip it would griproll more anyway. 

It feels something like my M-05 now,  which is not a bad thing. 

DSC_0020.JPG

DSC_0021.JPG

• Like 2

Is that a Tamiya porsche body?

It looks a lot like my park green HPI Porsche but underneath completely different as it's made to go on my M-05 😁

51 minutes ago, Tamiyastef said:

Is that a Tamiya porsche body?

It looks a lot like my park green HPI Porsche but underneath completely different as it's made to go on my M-05 😁

Yes that's a Porsche 911 RSR body. It's for 251mm wheelbase touring cars like a Lancia Delta shell. And it's seen better days!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Pylon80 said:

Yes that's a Porsche 911 RSR body. It's for 251mm wheelbase touring cars like a Lancia Delta shell. And it's seen better days!

Despite signs of use and wear it is nice. Park Green is pretty close to Emerald Greeen from the 1:1 version and that is as right as can be in my eyes. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Andreas W said:

Despite signs of use and wear it is nice. Park Green is pretty close to Emerald Greeen from the 1:1 version and that is as right as can be in my eyes. 

Thanks, I use it as a runner but I am making a nicer one as I'm about due. Everything I own has a tendency to be green so I originally ignored the box art and painted it green. I did notice your GTI shell being the same color on the postal racing thread 😁