Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Willy iine said:

For me, worked on cleaning up my Kyosho driver suits as I did not like the glossy finish.

Before and after shots..

Javelin..

IMG_2023-3-11-180809.jpg.07735624d6d7bf856dca25606767b2a6.jpg

IMG_2023-3-11-180837.jpg.ab13106a7037d051f5327642a5a3d699.jpg

TurboScorpion #1

IMG_2023-3-11-180724.jpg.a38f03e9211da1ae647b1d4a093a296b.jpg

IMG_2023-3-11-180748.jpg.3ce030096db047d8f8c23bbbb4bc2b8a.jpg

Bonus picture of my Javelin.. :lol:

IMG_2023-3-11-181300.jpg.7247bc4d7e5dadcc96dd9c037fbf05cb.jpg

I think javelin is the most rugged looking buggy from legendary series which i am into. I hope i will get one soon.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Sogogi said:

I think javelin is the most rugged looking buggy from legendary series which i am into. I hope i will get one soon.

Yeah, definitely one of the must-have's from Kyosho.  B)

Over the weekend and today ive finished up printing and putting together the chassi for my printable Kubelwagen, excuse the blue tape, it was to hold the electronics for a test drive around the livingroom.

With the simple suspension up front its got a bit of toe out bump steer but for what it is i think its quite acceptable.

Im really happy with how it went together and i may eventually whip up a 540 motor gearbox for it, currently its got a grasshopper 380 motor.

Later on i think im quite likely to make mounts for it to take a sand scorcher/and or blackfoot shell (this iteration has the correct wheelbase for it), changing its length is super easy so maybe a remix for a pumpkin shell as well when ive gotten a 540 motor gearbox made (as it will require one less large gear and therefore be lower and fit under the bed).

Ground clearance turned out pretty good at around 30mm under the gearbox and 35mm under the chassi((with these 77d tires).

IMG_20230312_120354.jpg.8e143f371b3a0cf5137f15f118fc962b.jpg

The printed parts seen below the chassi in the pic are the headlights, tail light, notek, filler cap and tow hooks that will screw onto the rest of the body as they are smaller protrusion that might break so i want them replaceable and printing them separately decreases the need for support and allows for optimal printing orientation on them, printed flat  like this i doubt the tow hooks would break under any reasonable conditions.

As it is now the chassi is quite flexy in the middle but the body will attach and effectively make a top deck so i expect it to be rigid enough, for other variants il probably raise the sides to make it a tub chassi.

Currently have the rear section of the body is on the printer, gonna take 17 hours as ive taken the layer height down to .2mm instead of the .3 that i usually print at to so as to make the layer lines a bit smaller at the cost of speed, could have gone even higher quality but im going to be driving this so i dont think its necessary.

The middle section will take almost a day to print.

Currently working on putting the hinge for the foldable windscreen on the front, the front section will probably be another 15 hour print.

And now for a question: anyone know of any 70mm diameter, 15ishmm wide tires that look more like the ones on the real kubelwagen(ye olde offroad tire)?

That could be a motorcycle tire by todays standard, rims i can print unless they come included, look alright and take 12mm hexes.

(for the DAK bubble tires i could use grasshopper fronts)

1200px-VW_Kubelwagen_Type_82_(1943)_(own

• Like 6

Tidy up the Ray-cave.

Unbelieveble what a mess 1 custom car build can make..... :lol:

• Like 4

Only Agrios manage the Loose snow today, so no other Option than to take it out again today. It can handle loose snow much better with the much bigger JConcept Tyres. Runs on 3s but holding back 70% Max speed on esc, on NimH it will hardly run at all: Today was one off my best drives with Agrios:

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Ray_ve said:

Tidy up the Ray-cave.

Unbelieveble what a mess 1 custom car build can make..... :lol:

:lol:

I too had to do a lot of clean up breaking down boxes from the new shelf I got in my pretend RC shop a few days ago.  

I still need to move the two old flimsy wire shelves I removed from the pretend RC shop.  :wacko: still sitting in the second floor hallway.. One of the 2 I plan to use in the expanded pretend RC shop closet.. but that is still a few months ahead so I need to move them to the basement storage space.  

• Like 1

My friends and I organized a RC Rallycross event on a tarmac surface. This is the first leg of the series and some will be held on soil and loose gravel surfaces too. 

Here are some pics from the two-days weekend's race. Format f race was time attack. Individual cars to race the fastest time in three laps. More than 20 participants came and joined.

TT-01/02, XV-01, XV-02, FF-03, LC Racing PTG-2/2R, LRP-S10

The track which I designed myself.

3xXy2Rrh.jpg

jj2AHVjh.jpg

OCVB5DFh.jpg

4NBEqmlh.jpg

MBNWi7bh.jpg

Tamiya TT-02

fk9L6o8h.jpg

LC Racing PTG-2

tzfrq7eh.jpg

YJQy1dGh.jpg

S7YpATAh.jpg

e6mniKOh.jpg

NNYQqInh.jpg

791txQqh.jpg

tJr9Dnlh.jpg

my7rkkxh.jpg

TT5zUz7h.jpg

qslMxjnh.jpg

NKZgHMxh.jpg

9J5wFYFh.jpg

LC Racing PTG-2R

UziJ2t8h.jpg

G1jtGH4h.jpg

FqwFIBah.jpg

LRP-S10R

5T8ff5Yh.jpg

LC Racing PTG-2R

ddHcyjHh.jpg

eFkPXB4h.jpg

LC Racing PTG-2R

k0oUAKZh.jpg

The FF03RR was driven by my daughter while I drove my XV-01

eI5pqdHh.jpg

ISN1aFIh.jpg

qo3ZSPeh.jpg

gBnJ5BIh.jpg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

(Fast rewind back to when i was around 12-13)Today i finally saw the mystery non Tamiya car that my father gave me last before sadly have the hobby up (wish i did not) , he got a friend that was into RC “pro driving” and i remember he told me that he was not really into Tamiya kits when he built Black Foot for me. The one i got when B-F was broken was hi’s old racing car and it looked like **** :), a terrible paint job so he was obviously not into building/paint jobs. I could not handle that at all, and it needed maintenance fast and as i mentioned in another thread i was a divorced child and my father was the type that bought stuff and then felt his job was done (but atleast he did that), so with zero equipment to fix with and no one to learn me anything either i left this hobby after this needed maintenance (did not have internett back then):

Schumacher K193 1:10 4WD Buggy PROCat Classic Kit

https://tamico.de/Schumacher-K193-110-4WD-Buggy-PROCat-Classic-Kit

Im 100% sure now waching the inside off this RC (belt driven and everything). I think today that the only thing it needed was mew damper oil. This car ended in the Thrash when moving to a small apartment in Oslo in my early 30’ish:(.

Wanted to share the story thought this would be the right place.

• Like 1

Started the blockhead motors hotshot yesterday and continued it today just the decals and driver head to do obviously no painting required and very slight alteration to the cadge from the hotshot/super shot because I just couldn't get on with the goofy high roof cadge I like the slick look of the original (sorry Mr Watanabe just looks to odd as does the bit of silver plastic on the rear of the cadge:blink:!) 

20230312_171926.jpg

• Like 6

I fitted the buggy aeration dampers to the DT-03 today. With help…

I hadn’t built them before so it was interesting. I need to change the rear springs though. I was hoping the DT02 blue would be hard enough but they don’t seem to be. I’ve got the DF03 set tucked away so they’ll get changed next time. 

59DD734E-DAE1-407A-8B5A-D19BB66D0377.jpeg

0298F2EC-F19A-407C-BE54-B047B8F52A3A.jpeg

B2B8B451-E3AB-4782-9608-1B8D876D5750.jpeg

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, Nick-W said:

I fitted the buggy aeration dampers to the DT-03 today. With help…

I hadn’t built them before so it was interesting. I need to change the rear springs though. I was hoping the DT02 blue would be hard enough but they don’t seem to be. I’ve got the DF03 set tucked away so they’ll get changed next time. 

59DD734E-DAE1-407A-8B5A-D19BB66D0377.jpeg

0298F2EC-F19A-407C-BE54-B047B8F52A3A.jpeg

B2B8B451-E3AB-4782-9608-1B8D876D5750.jpeg

Interested to know what front springs you have used there and how you get on with them? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BuggyDad said:

Interested to know what front springs you have used there and how you get on with them? 

They’re the ones that come with the damper kit (54028). They’ve got a little red dot on the top of them but don’t feel as soft as the red DT02 set ones. As is the way it was dark by the time I got them fitted but I’ll report back after a run. 

For me, made my usual stand., this time for my Ultima.   I noticed a decent oil leak on my front damper.. first Kyosho damper to leak.. will see if it continues and will swap gaskets.

IMG_2023-3-12-142154.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

My friends and I organized a RC Rallycross event on a tarmac surface. This is the first leg of the series and some will be held on soil and loose gravel surfaces too. 

That looks like such a great day. 

• Like 1

Started work on the Juggers rollcage, which is show only, no need for actual structural support.

I wanted to make it from aluminium tube, but that was a bridge too far for my modeling skills.
Tried a 3D print, but making a 3D model was frustrating.

So I reverted back to the good old classic, wood!

• Confused 1

Dusted off the War Rig for the first time since before Covid. Just running it up and down the drive for 10 mins so my son could film it. Had forgotten how overpowered and heavy it is.

Actually managed to make the tires squeal on the tractor unit when I braked hard.

I did remember how scary it is to drive at speed. It has 4 throttle settings, 'All ahead slow' (Tickle the throttle), 'All ahead 1/3' (Little bit more throttle but easily driveable), All ahead standard (About 50% throttle, still driveable but getting plenty fast enough (About10mph)), and 'Self destruct'. Once I get to 50% throttle, I seem unable to resist the urge to go straight to full throttle..............

So after 10 mins of mostly careful driving, my lad turns off the camera and about 20 seconds later, you've guessed it, I rolled it and crashed into my driveway wall. Actually managed to bend the 25mm square steel box section holding the front plough/blade on and took a lump about 3/4inch in diameter out of the concrete block it hit. Broke off 2 skulls attached to the blade.

Broke off two of the oval ribs running round the outside of the main trailer and loosened one side of the top walkway.

Fuel pod got the worst of it with the whole flame thrower mounting broken off along with 3 of the supporting braces, and I managed bend to the the steel tow hook.

Think I'm going to repair and retire it now, before I really smash it up.  

• Sad 4

10 hours ago, Ziddan said:

Over the weekend and today ive finished up printing and putting together the chassi for my printable Kubelwagen, excuse the blue tape, it was to hold the electronics for a test drive around the livingroom.

With the simple suspension up front its got a bit of toe out bump steer but for what it is i think its quite acceptable.

Im really happy with how it went together and i may eventually whip up a 540 motor gearbox for it, currently its got a grasshopper 380 motor.

Later on i think im quite likely to make mounts for it to take a sand scorcher/and or blackfoot shell (this iteration has the correct wheelbase for it), changing its length is super easy so maybe a remix for a pumpkin shell as well when ive gotten a 540 motor gearbox made (as it will require one less large gear and therefore be lower and fit under the bed).

Ground clearance turned out pretty good at around 30mm under the gearbox and 35mm under the chassi((with these 77d tires).

IMG_20230312_120354.jpg.8e143f371b3a0cf5137f15f118fc962b.jpg

The printed parts seen below the chassi in the pic are the headlights, tail light, notek, filler cap and tow hooks that will screw onto the rest of the body as they are smaller protrusion that might break so i want them replaceable and printing them separately decreases the need for support and allows for optimal printing orientation on them, printed flat  like this i doubt the tow hooks would break under any reasonable conditions.

As it is now the chassi is quite flexy in the middle but the body will attach and effectively make a top deck so i expect it to be rigid enough, for other variants il probably raise the sides to make it a tub chassi.

Currently have the rear section of the body is on the printer, gonna take 17 hours as ive taken the layer height down to .2mm instead of the .3 that i usually print at to so as to make the layer lines a bit smaller at the cost of speed, could have gone even higher quality but im going to be driving this so i dont think its necessary.

The middle section will take almost a day to print.

Currently working on putting the hinge for the foldable windscreen on the front, the front section will probably be another 15 hour print.

And now for a question: anyone know of any 70mm diameter, 15ishmm wide tires that look more like the ones on the real kubelwagen(ye olde offroad tire)?

That could be a motorcycle tire by todays standard, rims i can print unless they come included, look alright and take 12mm hexes.

(for the DAK bubble tires i could use grasshopper fronts)

1200px-VW_Kubelwagen_Type_82_(1943)_(own

Closest think to those tires I can think of in the tamiya stable is the fast attack vehicle front tires, but they are smaller than 70mm diameter. Only other option that is relatively thin are the 1/14 truck tires with off road tread that come from the newer trucks

• Like 1

I painted the last DT03 in my fleet, thanks to the beautiful sunny day.

Resizer_16786489485053.thumb.jpg.c5f7d34284eb22b67944e1bf27dd9b9d.jpg

Resizer_16786489491627.jpg

• Like 5

I decided I really should catalogue what I have so I can buy the paint I need and complete some projects. With the storage split between the shed, loft and wardrobe it's hard to keep track of what I have / need(!)

Here is my list. Rather worryingly, I'm only about 2/3rds of the way through and now it's bedtime. This is going to take a while!

691319810_RCList.thumb.png.d05558e1de27de8b496f0143edf0c937.png

• Like 2

Decided to let few of my cars go.. so been trying to clean up for photo shoot :( It will be my first time posting on TC for sale soon…

CD122B19-40CD-4EF9-AC4B-953C6BFF71A3.jpeg

9 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

The track which I designed myself.

3xXy2Rrh.jpg

Great work! Looks like you had lots of fun. 

• Like 1