Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

51 minutes ago, moffman said:

I’ve used various paint pens with some sort of success but definitely not brilliant even micro tip paint pen’s which didn’t really give a micro amount of paint:unsure: but I’ve never used a sharpie do you find them good to use? 

Yes, very easy to use.  I like how the paint flows out controllably.  I’m not sure about durability, but the finished photo in the gallery (also in my profile page) is after mild test driving and it appears to hold up for that.  B)

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, mtbkym01 said:

Do your tyres have “Bridgestone” printed on the other side?

I don’t think it did.. just the lettering on one side. 

• Thanks 1

Finished the decals on the Lancia over the past two nights.  Not as bad as I expected (heat gun is your friend ;) ).  Next will be panel lines and a rally cockpit.   Finally found two available in the US without outrageous prices or shipping costs.   Should be here over the weekend.

Lancia A.jpg

Lancia B.jpg

Lancia C.jpg

• Like 12

1 hour ago, GeeWings said:

That doesn’t sound good. Hopefully less stress and more RC on your average day! 

It was intense.  I have another one, same furious members again this morning and tomorrow and day after and maybe into entire next week.  

That is the job.. and pretend RC shop needs funding.. so too bad.  :lol:   more pain more gain.  lol

• Haha 1

Took the Super Hotshot out this morning. Was all going great until I spotted a nice new tarmac'd BMX track with some doubles... 

Fortunately it's only minor damage.

wVKpHmb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

1 minute ago, Badcrumble said:

The driver looks shell-shocked from that shunt @toyolien :D

Oh yeah, he does. He's not a fan of 'barrel rolling', and neither am I. Not with Tamiya plastic anyway. Was good fun though.

• Like 1

Made it out alive .. :blink:   was brutal.. Called for a new Tomahawk to reward myself for my participation and perseverance.. more like a down payment since not through the woods yet   :blink:  

I was inspired by  @toyolien's mini boxes in his diorama garage..  :lol:

IMG_2023-3-22-075659.jpg.6dc20aaa27c1dfd334090e5065ffc54b.jpg

• Like 5

@OnTheTrail Kogawa-san himself complimented me on the Scorpion color match.  Thanks again.  :D   

The only difference for me was adding the white backing at the end.. So 3 moderate coats of PS6 (yellow) 5 light coats of PS19 (camel yellow) , 4 light coats of PS1 (white).

Kogawa-san mentioned the injection was supposed to follow Tamiya's yellow, but came out different.  I noticed the tub is a lighter yellow than the wing.. but in total looks great. 

• Like 1

I sunk my CC-02 in the creek…

literally drove in to 3ish-ft water (couldn’t tell from where I was standing) and watched it capsize like a dead fish. Sprinted over, drenching myself in mud. Pulled it out and it worked with no issues. :blink:
ACEE2D82-0885-4840-8376-9598A0F2A2A3.thumb.jpeg.848f987b64ddc8178b07a3fdfd87420e.jpeg

I also bashed my Hotshot around the park full gun, spraying dirt, mud, and gravel absolutely everywhere! Much fun!!!!

8DC6973D-A980-4F44-8589-C436E6E4AC17.thumb.jpeg.1e949d59702f8ee2b2a203a46874a597.jpeg

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Willy iine said:

@OnTheTrail

Kogawa-san mentioned the injection was supposed to follow Tamiya's yellow, but came out different.  I noticed the tub is a lighter yellow than the wing.. but in total looks great. 

Glad it worked out.  Again, wasn't my formula but something I found on the net somewhere along the way when I built mine ;).  

On mine, if anything the wing is the slightest bit lighter than the tub.   I had to take it outside in the sunlight to see it.  

P.S.  Please stop building those gorgeous Turbo Scorpions.  That's one I don't have in the collection and you're making it hard to resist.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, OnTheTrail said:

Glad it worked out.  Again, wasn't my formula but something I found on the net somewhere along the way when I built mine ;).  

On mine, if anything the wing is the slightest bit lighter than the tub.   I had to take it outside in the sunlight to see it.  

P.S.  Please stop building those gorgeous Turbo Scorpions.  That's one I don't have in the collection and you're making it hard to resist.  :rolleyes:

Huh, lots of variation in the yellow lot to lot.  

TurboScorpion is fantastic.  I checked with Kogawa-san today and after I build the Optima and Tomahawk, I will have his entire Legendary Series for my Akira's corner inside my pretend RC shop.  :D

• Like 3

9 hours ago, OnTheTrail said:

Finished the decals on the Lancia over the past two nights.

That looks sweet. I’m still putting mine off… 

10 hours ago, Willy iine said:

I don’t think it did.. just the lettering on one side. 

Thats really interesting, my kits do, mine were first issue though so I guess a rolling change

image.thumb.jpeg.5eeac5409ecffff42b2cdcf30ff5e4b8.jpeg

**Edit - Just noticed even the box art changed, anyone else noticed this?

image.thumb.jpeg.5c7d15338ffb90530e26a70885a23fb5.jpeg

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, mtbkym01 said:

Thats really interesting, my kits do, mine were first issue though so I guess a rolling change

image.thumb.jpeg.5eeac5409ecffff42b2cdcf30ff5e4b8.jpeg

**Edit - Just noticed even the box art changed, anyone else noticed this?

image.thumb.jpeg.5c7d15338ffb90530e26a70885a23fb5.jpeg

Yeah, Kyosho did not renew their license with Goodyear so this is why they stopped.   Your car looks good!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Yes, very easy to use.  I like how the paint flows out controllably.  I’m not sure about durability, but the finished photo in the gallery (also in my profile page) is after mild test driving and it appears to hold up for that.  B)

Excellent cheers! That’s what I find frustrating about the paint pens is you have no real control of the flow of paint even with a very fine nib it’s still comes out a bit uncontrollable!

@Willy iine I earlier state Bridgestone thinking of the Original Mid tyres, but of course meant Good Year :ph34r:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Hi @Re-Bugged!  Hope you’ve been well. :D

I feel like I’ve been the target practice for life’s biggest game of Paintball since January, not quite out the woods yet but a long overdue 3 week holiday next Friday can’t come around quick enough that’s for sure.

Last night’s run out with the Turbo Scorpion certainly helped too. Thanks for asking 😉

13F0A0F2-EC66-4693-83C9-DEE7C7284CE0.jpg

EEDDBECE-3D62-45C0-B579-19D2D7D97AA8.jpg

• Like 9

Had the Jimny out after work, in the drizzle, did decent, but I think going out when it’s drier out would be better.

IMG_6263.HEIC
IMG_6264.HEIC

• Like 9

13 hours ago, moffman said:

Excellent cheers! That’s what I find frustrating about the paint pens is you have no real control of the flow of paint even with a very fine nib it’s still comes out a bit uncontrollable!

The Shapie flows constantly just enough to fill up inside the lettering so it’s just a matter of how long you keep the pen tip in contact. Then just touch up on the lettering wall tops and done!  B)

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

I feel like I’ve been the target practice for life’s biggest game of Paintball since January, not quite out the woods yet but a long overdue 3 week holiday next Friday can’t come around quick enough that’s for sure.

Last night’s run out with the Turbo Scorpion certainly helped too. Thanks for asking 😉

Hang in there Re-Bugged!   B)

I'm also going through a rough patch with my money making gig due to other team member issues messing things up big time, but that is all part of my gig to solve, so sucking it up and fixing it.  If the job was easy, no one would pay.. right?    More pain more gain..  :ph34r:

Speaking of which, I got my tracking number for the Tomahawk so should have it in my hands by the weekend.  I originally ordered the Le Mans 490 for my regular Optima, but perhaps I should run that motor on the Tomahawk and run belt + 17.5 BL ThunderPower in the Optima.. I still have a spare LeMans 240S ESC..

• Like 1

Finished this mock TA02T, old school electrics basher for some vintage fun over the summer. 

20230319_162031.jpg

Ran two 3300 packs and...

Rollovered few times ( one really hard). Crashed two or three times. At the end I found that rear wheel nut was loose. It was not good day.

Few days ago I replaced plastic front shock tower with carbon. I am almost 100% sure that plastic would not survive today. 

At home I did quite good clean up. Looks good again. At least one positive thing.

• Like 1